Author Topic: 1/1/2015 - Happy New Year!  (Read 27482 times)

dwgbryant

  • Guest
Re: 1/1/2015 - Happy New Year!
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2015, 10:17:36 AM »

Cohiba done, Davidoff Nicaragua Toro and more coffee while doing laundry.
Great draw, even burn. A bit of sweet spice, hint of pepper, dark chocolate, smoooooooth, a touch of leather.
Logged

dwgbryant

  • Guest
Re: 1/1/2015 - Happy New Year!
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2015, 10:19:24 AM »

Too bad they are so pricey.
Logged

dwgbryant

  • Guest
Re: 1/1/2015 - Happy New Year!
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2015, 10:27:50 AM »

Cohiba done, Davidoff Nicaragua Toro and more coffee while doing laundry.
Great draw, even burn. A bit of sweet spice, hint of pepper, dark chocolate, smoooooooth, a touch of leather.
Some nice notes of expresso coming through, not much of a nicotine kick.
Logged

dwgbryant

  • Guest
Re: 1/1/2015 - Happy New Year!
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2015, 10:56:59 AM »

What happened?

Re: 1/1/2015 - Happy New Year!
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2015, 11:07:30 AM »

One of the many challenges of working for a family owned business.
Been there and done that myself and you are correct.  Family members got off every Friday and unlimited vacation while all others got one week vacation and no sick leave, paid themselves 4-5 times what the highest non-family members got paid and they all had company owned cars.  Net result- they ended up stealing all the money, bankrupted the company and still living fat and happy while most of the employees suffered, fortunately I had long sine left before that happened. been over 30 years ago but I have never forgotten all the bullshit they pulled on everybody.    No desire to ever work for someone else's family again.
I did 25 years with corporate America, they have some serious bullshit with them also.
Yep

Re: 1/1/2015 - Happy New Year!
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2015, 11:10:05 AM »

Too bad they are so pricey.
For a fact Pricey but a high quality cigar too.
Logged

dwgbryant

  • Guest
Re: 1/1/2015 - Happy New Year!
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2015, 11:18:24 AM »

Too bad they are so pricey.
For a fact Pricey but a high quality cigar too.
Indeed, it was a very good cigar.
Logged

dwgbryant

  • Guest
Re: 1/1/2015 - Happy New Year!
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2015, 11:48:26 AM »

Guess I'm done here for a bit.

Re: 1/1/2015 - Happy New Year!
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2015, 11:57:18 AM »

Guess I'm done here for a bit.
Later Dean

Re: 1/1/2015 - Happy New Year!
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2015, 01:47:02 PM »

Happy New Year again to all my BotL.  Just finished up brunch here.  My daughter and I made french toast for everyone.  Or is it freedom toast?

Re: 1/1/2015 - Happy New Year!
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2015, 01:48:43 PM »

Too bad they are so pricey.
I'm intrigued by that cigar too.  Heard a lot about it recently.

Re: 1/1/2015 - Happy New Year!
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2015, 01:51:03 PM »

Happy New Year & 8th day of Christmas to y'all. Funny thing about this Today's Joe offering ... a friend took me out to an upscale cigar bar in DC for my birthday (NYE). I brought the cigars & he bought the food & whiskey. He brought with him a long time friend who is now a Benedictine monk, who also enjoyed a cigar with us. Shoulda taken a photo. So i come home and check the daily deal which is a new DE offering "Smoking Monk"! God's got a sense of humor ; ^{--~~ I tell you, life is stranger & more interesting than fiction. (Good guys). PS, the monk grew up in LA.

Great story.  I thought about getting 5 guys together too but it will wind up costing double with all the shipping back and forth.  I may just choose one and use my $20 gift card.

Re: 1/1/2015 - Happy New Year!
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2015, 01:59:32 PM »

Happy New Year 2015 Mayor Tony.  Thank you for providing and maintaining this great Banter to share our mostly incoherent thoughts.

Re: 1/1/2015 - Happy New Year!
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2015, 02:02:07 PM »

Cooking on late lunch/early dinner here.  Smoked Pork Chops, blackeyed peas, green bean casserole and homemade cornbread.  Wife is having cabbage but I hate that chit.

Re: 1/1/2015 - Happy New Year!
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2015, 02:14:04 PM »

Happy New Year 2015 Mayor Tony.  Thank you for providing and maintaining this great Banter to share our mostly incoherent thoughts.
I see big things for 2015.  I was discussing it with Charlie just yesterday.  I may need to take a week off from work though and I'm not sure if the warden is gonna appreciate that.