Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2017, 05:45:35 PM »

Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?
No, they use something called a television lawn.
Haha, would not surprise me.   Tree lawn, WTF.  Call it a curb lawn, much more accurate.
I had never heard of it before but I'll admit that I kind of like tree lawn. Just sayin'.
That's probably from when they used to plant trees in that area right next to the road...still do in some cities....until they found that the roots then tore up the sidewalk and street.
We always just called it a curb lawn.
It is the strip between the sidewalk and the street and usually a utility easement , simple as that.  If owned by the city then sometimes referred to as  the neutral ground.
Did I mention that I prefer treelawn?
Don't know but did I mention GFY?
I thought it went without saying.

« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2017, 05:46:37 PM »

Morning Steve.
Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Just sent more data in to my advisor to crunch the numbers.  Looking like phase 1 will begin this year, completed possibly in 18.
What, pray tell, is phase 1?
Taking sick leave when you are not sick and being late to arrive and early to leave because you no longer give a fook.   I am now in phase 2 - all the previous things plus only working 3 days/week.
That's one thing I've never done.  I think in my entire working career, I've taken a total of 10 days off when sick, plus three weeks when I had my hip done, and another week for the last surgery.
Slacker!
I get credit for most of mine but about 7 days of either use them or lose them by the time I retire and I don't plan on losing them.
I took 5 sick days before they threw me out on my ass. There's no nobility in losing those days.
…and that's a lot of ass to be thrown out upon.
Hear, hear!

« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2017, 07:30:23 PM »

[...]
Around here, we always say it.

« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2017, 07:32:10 PM »

CLE Cuarenta robusto 5-packs $14.95 at JR.

4 of them $57.95 shipped with jrdojo1 code. $2.89 a stick.

« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2017, 08:12:26 PM »

[...]
That's fine too.

« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2017, 08:13:14 PM »

CLE Cuarenta robusto 5-packs $14.95 at JR.

4 of them $57.95 shipped with jrdojo1 code. $2.89 a stick.
Well now that I bought the wrong tupperdore, I have no space.

« Reply #216 on: January 12, 2017, 08:22:01 PM »

Received my JR order today
Same here, nice looking cigars, darker than the corona Gordas I had

« Reply #217 on: January 12, 2017, 08:25:42 PM »

Neanderthal lit,  78 degrees with only a light to moderate breeze.
How did you like it Tex? I smoked one recently and wasn't too sure about it. It may have been at the herf but it was definitely part of a multi-smoke day so I need to smoke one on its own

« Reply #218 on: January 12, 2017, 09:19:50 PM »

Neanderthal lit,  78 degrees with only a light to moderate breeze.
How did you like it Tex? I smoked one recently and wasn't too sure about it. It may have been at the herf but it was definitely part of a multi-smoke day so I need to smoke one on its own
2nd one I have smoked and I have not found a lot of love for them.  Would not buy more but hoping they will improve with a good bit of age.

« Reply #219 on: January 12, 2017, 09:20:55 PM »

CLE Cuarenta robusto 5-packs $14.95 at JR.

4 of them $57.95 shipped with jrdojo1 code. $2.89 a stick.
Well now that I bought the wrong tupperdore, I have no space.
Plenty of time to exchange the tub before the smokes arrive ;D

« Reply #220 on: January 12, 2017, 09:23:06 PM »

The day got past me so quickly. Really wanted to make the most of the weather. Had decided on scrapping my original short list smokes and lighting up a Crowned Heads Luminosa instead. I wish I had found it yesterday. I would have preferred to try it over smoking another Big Payback connie. Oh well.

« Reply #221 on: January 12, 2017, 09:30:19 PM »

Neanderthal lit,  78 degrees with only a light to moderate breeze.
How did you like it Tex? I smoked one recently and wasn't too sure about it. It may have been at the herf but it was definitely part of a multi-smoke day so I need to smoke one on its own
2nd one I have smoked and I have not found a lot of love for them.  Would not buy more but hoping they will improve with a good bit of age.
Interesting, I had one in the petit corona sampler and it was excellent. Was really looking forward to these but so far disappointing

« Reply #222 on: January 12, 2017, 09:34:42 PM »

Neanderthal lit,  78 degrees with only a light to moderate breeze.
How did you like it Tex? I smoked one recently and wasn't too sure about it. It may have been at the herf but it was definitely part of a multi-smoke day so I need to smoke one on its own
2nd one I have smoked and I have not found a lot of love for them.  Would not buy more but hoping they will improve with a good bit of age.
Interesting, I had one in the petit corona sampler and it was excellent. Was really looking forward to these but so far disappointing
Some vitolas really stand out. Don't think I've had any Neanderthals yet. Or it wasn't memorable if I did smoke one.

« Reply #223 on: January 12, 2017, 09:51:49 PM »

Neanderthal lit,  78 degrees with only a light to moderate breeze.
How did you like it Tex? I smoked one recently and wasn't too sure about it. It may have been at the herf but it was definitely part of a multi-smoke day so I need to smoke one on its own
2nd one I have smoked and I have not found a lot of love for them.  Would not buy more but hoping they will improve with a good bit of age.
Interesting, I had one in the petit corona sampler and it was excellent. Was really looking forward to these but so far disappointing
Some vitolas really stand out. Don't think I've had any Neanderthals yet. Or it wasn't memorable if I did smoke one.
True also of the Undercrown line.  Corona Viva a great smoke, the rest of the line somewhat meh.

« Reply #224 on: January 12, 2017, 10:28:03 PM »

Neanderthal lit,  78 degrees with only a light to moderate breeze.
How did you like it Tex? I smoked one recently and wasn't too sure about it. It may have been at the herf but it was definitely part of a multi-smoke day so I need to smoke one on its own
2nd one I have smoked and I have not found a lot of love for them.  Would not buy more but hoping they will improve with a good bit of age.
Interesting, I had one in the petit corona sampler and it was excellent. Was really looking forward to these but so far disappointing
Some vitolas really stand out. Don't think I've had any Neanderthals yet. Or it wasn't memorable if I did smoke one.
True also of the Undercrown line.  Corona Viva a great smoke, the rest of the line somewhat meh.

I've heard so much about that corona viva and I haven't gotten around to it yet. Gonna definitely add that to my list.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16