Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

« Reply #195 on: January 12, 2017, 04:55:13 PM »

Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?
No, they use something called a television lawn.
Haha, would not surprise me.   Tree lawn, WTF.  Call it a curb lawn, much more accurate.
I had never heard of it before but I'll admit that I kind of like tree lawn. Just sayin'.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_verge

Unlike the nice wide "tree lawn" in the pic in the upper right, in GA they don't make these very wide... maybe 3'-4'. So, usually don't have trees contained. The explanation about cost of right of way seems to have merit to that since they are constantly widening roads here. Probably why the term didn't click for me.
So we're supposed to call it a "parkway strip" here?  Never heard that term, either.

Curb lawn is on there. You must just live in the wrong state... GA is sidewalk lawn. Haven't heard it, but sounds legit.
Funny that in Ohio alone, there are about 7 different ways to refer to it. Can't those Ohioans get their shit together?

« Reply #196 on: January 12, 2017, 04:55:32 PM »

Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!

Is that an authentic TxDave branded Container Store model?
No, this is the official one.
Dang it. Your photo definitely appears to be more airtight. I may have to go back and exchange it.
Mine are totally air and watertight, they hold humidity better than my real humidor.  74 qt one is about $21 but I prefer the 64 qt ones because those bastiges are heavy when full.
Dang it. I should have looked around more. Scott's right, this one is better suited for Christmas decorations. FML!
Help me , I can't stop laughing!
Glad I can amuse you. I literally stepped in and out of that store. I hate shopping. But now I'm pissed that I have to go back. I thought it felt a little flimsy as I was unloading it from the car. I can put my whole hand in it through the side without undoing the latches. &€%$@£!!!
Told ya

So, this one must have been closest to the entrance.  ;)
Correct. Right at the door.
At my store the good ones are stacked against the back wall of the store

« Reply #197 on: January 12, 2017, 04:57:42 PM »

[...]

From the Ohioans you know, are you really surprised?

« Reply #198 on: January 12, 2017, 04:59:06 PM »

Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?
No, they use something called a television lawn.
Haha, would not surprise me.   Tree lawn, WTF.  Call it a curb lawn, much more accurate.
I had never heard of it before but I'll admit that I kind of like tree lawn. Just sayin'.
That's probably from when they used to plant trees in that area right next to the road...still do in some cities....until they found that the roots then tore up the sidewalk and street.
We always just called it a curb lawn.
It is the strip between the sidewalk and the street and usually a utility easement , simple as that.  If owned by the city then sometimes referred to as  the neutral ground.

My boss lady is from Ohio I will ask her what she calls it.

« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2017, 04:59:28 PM »

[...]

From the Ohioans you know, are you really surprised?
DaveMike's fault?

« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2017, 05:00:23 PM »

Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?
No, they use something called a television lawn.
Haha, would not surprise me.   Tree lawn, WTF.  Call it a curb lawn, much more accurate.
I had never heard of it before but I'll admit that I kind of like tree lawn. Just sayin'.
That's probably from when they used to plant trees in that area right next to the road...still do in some cities....until they found that the roots then tore up the sidewalk and street.
We always just called it a curb lawn.
It is the strip between the sidewalk and the street and usually a utility easement , simple as that.  If owned by the city then sometimes referred to as  the neutral ground.
Did I mention that I prefer treelawn?

« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2017, 05:01:30 PM »

Oh yeah, I almost forgot ( and a 4-day one at that)

« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2017, 05:02:15 PM »

Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?
No, they use something called a television lawn.
Haha, would not surprise me.   Tree lawn, WTF.  Call it a curb lawn, much more accurate.
I had never heard of it before but I'll admit that I kind of like tree lawn. Just sayin'.
That's probably from when they used to plant trees in that area right next to the road...still do in some cities....until they found that the roots then tore up the sidewalk and street.
We always just called it a curb lawn.
It is the strip between the sidewalk and the street and usually a utility easement , simple as that.  If owned by the city then sometimes referred to as  the neutral ground.
Did I mention that I prefer treelawn?
Don't know but did I mention GFY?

« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2017, 05:04:56 PM »

Can't believe BS nor Travellin Dave posted this one

Los Angeles (AFP) - The San Diego Chargers confirmed Thursday the franchise will make a controversial move to Los Angeles next season after failing to reach a deal on a new stadium at their existing home.

A letter from Chargers owner Dean Spanos posted on the team's website confirmed the team would end a 56-year stay in San Diego and exercise an option granted by the National Football League last year to relocate north to Los Angeles.

"After much deliberation, I have made the decision to relocate the Chargers to Los Angeles, beginning with the 2017 NFL season," Spanos wrote.

« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2017, 05:08:13 PM »

Received my JR order today

« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2017, 05:25:12 PM »

Morning Steve.
Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Just sent more data in to my advisor to crunch the numbers.  Looking like phase 1 will begin this year, completed possibly in 18.
What, pray tell, is phase 1?
Taking sick leave when you are not sick and being late to arrive and early to leave because you no longer give a fook.   I am now in phase 2 - all the previous things plus only working 3 days/week.
That's one thing I've never done.  I think in my entire working career, I've taken a total of 10 days off when sick, plus three weeks when I had my hip done, and another week for the last surgery.
Slacker!
I get credit for most of mine but about 7 days of either use them or lose them by the time I retire and I don't plan on losing them.
I took 5 sick days before they threw me out on my ass. There's no nobility in losing those days.
…and that's a lot of ass to be thrown out upon.

« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2017, 05:26:12 PM »

Received my JR order today
Got mine yesterday.  Two days from order to my front porch.  Tasty seegars.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/12/2017
« Reply #207 on: January 12, 2017, 05:35:11 PM »

Can't believe BS nor Travellin Dave posted this one

Los Angeles (AFP) - The San Diego Chargers confirmed Thursday the franchise will make a controversial move to Los Angeles next season after failing to reach a deal on a new stadium at their existing home.

A letter from Chargers owner Dean Spanos posted on the team's website confirmed the team would end a 56-year stay in San Diego and exercise an option granted by the National Football League last year to relocate north to Los Angeles.

"After much deliberation, I have made the decision to relocate the Chargers to Los Angeles, beginning with the 2017 NFL season," Spanos wrote.

I saw it, but knew it was inevitable. Most sports "franchise" owners today just view it as an investment. Wins and fans are just minor perks if they do well. A new stadium deal puts money, possibly billions, directly in the owners pocket when they go to sell later down the road. Why do you think so many teams today are owned by communication, media or financial moguls/conglomerates... just sayin'
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/12/2017
« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2017, 05:41:21 PM »

[...]

Lol...

Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/12/2017
« Reply #209 on: January 12, 2017, 05:42:05 PM »

Time to fly... see yuz later!
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16