Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

« Reply #240 on: January 10, 2017, 06:44:33 PM »

Laranja toros from JR shipped today, will see how long that takes
They are in NC so may be faster for us and slower for you than all the PA places.
I always think of them as being in NJ, they have a big store here
2 big stores but the online orders are shipped from NC. In fact, despite the name, you'd be harder pressed finding a connection between the JR in NJ and NC than you would between CI and the sis.
I have only bought from them one other time several years ago because they are usually pretty pricey on the smokes.
Been a while since I made a purchase from their auction site too. Used to be able to get OOOs from there for a good price. (I know you're not a fan).

« Reply #241 on: January 10, 2017, 06:57:39 PM »

Laranja toros from JR shipped today, will see how long that takes
They are in NC so may be faster for us and slower for you than all the PA places.
I always think of them as being in NJ, they have a big store here
2 big stores but the online orders are shipped from NC. In fact, despite the name, you'd be harder pressed finding a connection between the JR in NJ and NC than you would between CI and the sis.
I have only bought from them one other time several years ago because they are usually pretty pricey on the smokes.
Indeed, I used to love going there. I used to work all around that area and stop in every chance I got, before I line ordering and before I knew what CI was. I bought my first good humidor there, a Perdomo desktop that's still my best one

« Reply #242 on: January 10, 2017, 07:09:41 PM »

Laranja toros from JR shipped today, will see how long that takes
They are in NC so may be faster for us and slower for you than all the PA places.
I always think of them as being in NJ, they have a big store here
2 big stores but the online orders are shipped from NC. In fact, despite the name, you'd be harder pressed finding a connection between the JR in NJ and NC than you would between CI and the sis.
I have only bought from them one other time several years ago because they are usually pretty pricey on the smokes.
Agreed. Deals are few and far between on JR. I think they mostly serve a client base formed in the late 90's when old Lew Rothman still ran the joint and the cigar bubble was inflating.

But every so often they have something worth the buy.

« Reply #243 on: January 10, 2017, 07:14:16 PM »

Laranja toros from JR shipped today, will see how long that takes
They are in NC so may be faster for us and slower for you than all the PA places.
I always think of them as being in NJ, they have a big store here
2 big stores but the online orders are shipped from NC. In fact, despite the name, you'd be harder pressed finding a connection between the JR in NJ and NC than you would between CI and the sis.
I have only bought from them one other time several years ago because they are usually pretty pricey on the smokes.
Been a while since I made a purchase from their auction site too. Used to be able to get OOOs from there for a good price. (I know you're not a fan).
I've never seen a deal like that one from a couple years ago - $92 for a box of 60 OOO's. But JR is one of the few places that sells the box of 60, and they're the cheapest price for it, especially if you pile on an email coupon. That's how I stocked up on OOO's and Nica Rusticas. Good prices on each. Not astounding, but good.

« Reply #244 on: January 10, 2017, 07:49:36 PM »

[...]
The $92/60 is the one I was referring to. I think I still have about 20 left. Never bought the Rusticas from there. Do you recall the price?

« Reply #245 on: January 10, 2017, 07:52:09 PM »

[...]
no

« Reply #246 on: January 10, 2017, 08:00:05 PM »

[...]
Sure you do. Remember how much better it was vs the crappy deal Tony got?

« Reply #247 on: January 10, 2017, 08:04:11 PM »

[...]
I don't remember exactly. I got the 60 OOO's and 50 Nica Rusticas for $314.37. I remember that the NR's were sub $4 a stick, which is my buying range for those.

« Reply #248 on: January 10, 2017, 08:05:56 PM »

[...]

« Reply #249 on: January 10, 2017, 08:08:26 PM »

[...]
I've never gotten sub $4 on the NRs.

« Reply #250 on: January 10, 2017, 08:13:19 PM »

[...]

They had a sale, plus I had a 10% coupon, plus they were having a free shipping special.

At 110 cigars for $314.37, the overall per-stick price was $2.86. So...I think I did okay, even if Tex hates "those nasty Omar Ortez." ;-)

« Reply #251 on: January 10, 2017, 08:20:26 PM »

[...]

I would much rather have a Gurkha but Dean likes them.

« Reply #252 on: January 10, 2017, 08:22:24 PM »

[...]
You must have been sleeping, several of us got sub $4 NR's off the Mash several months ago.

« Reply #253 on: January 10, 2017, 08:23:12 PM »

[...]

So do I. In fact, I will have to put it on my list to smoke sooner than later. But now I know that I can send you all my old Gurkhas.

« Reply #254 on: January 10, 2017, 08:27:36 PM »

[...]
I bought 10 the last time there was a good deal at Famous/Mash. I thought it was $4 but I could be mistaking.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19