CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: 8/8/2014  (Read 50572 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 8/8/2014
« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2014, 11:40:41 AM »

Morning, all!  Kind of a crazy day today... daughter's 2nd birthday, my last full time day with the ad agency, first gov't meeting before lunch, boss wants to go out for drinks after lunch, hockey with the boy tonight.  Can't wait to crack that first queer beer.
GMornin Joe! The start of bigger and better things! Don't put your lips around the neck of the bottle, that's queer.

Good to know.  Usually just slide the bottle as far back in my throat as I can get it without gagging.
Am I the only one who is a little bit turned on right now?
I hope so. WTF? I leave for a few meetings and this place becomes Deepthroat Friday?

Just want to make sure I'm drinking my beer correctly so I don't get ripped for that, too.  Morning, Scott.  Had a Stone RuinTen last night.  10% ABV (little higher, forget the exact number).  Very good, one of my favorite IPAs I've had lately.  Not particularly expensive for that high of an ABV, either.  Think it was $7 at BevMo.
10.80 according to beeradvocate.  I'll have to look for it because it seems up my alley.
Right up your alley???   Now you're starting to sound like DaveOy.
Thank you.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2014, 11:40:51 AM »

Morning, all!  Kind of a crazy day today... daughter's 2nd birthday, my last full time day with the ad agency, first gov't meeting before lunch, boss wants to go out for drinks after lunch, hockey with the boy tonight.  Can't wait to crack that first queer beer.
GMornin Joe! The start of bigger and better things! Don't put your lips around the neck of the bottle, that's queer.

Good to know.  Usually just slide the bottle as far back in my throat as I can get it without gagging.
I hope so. WTF? I leave for a few meetings and this place becomes Deepthroat Friday?
I was just trying to change the subject.  I didn't dare talk about Horny Goat Peanut Butter porter.
Now there's a liquid that tastes great as it oozes over your tongue and slides down the your throat
TWSS

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2014, 11:41:07 AM »

Just want to make sure I'm drinking my beer correctly so I don't get ripped for that, too.  Morning, Scott.  Had a Stone RuinTen last night.  10% ABV (little higher, forget the exact number).  Very good, one of my favorite IPAs I've had lately.  Not particularly expensive for that high of an ABV, either.  Think it was $7 at BevMo.
Have you seen/tried the Unapologetic (I think) IPA?

Seen it but haven't tried it.  Stone is EVERYWHERE here.  Seriously.  There is not a Stone beer that I couldn't walk and get right now, and be back in 20 minutes.

Only a Stone's throw away!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #198 on: August 08, 2014, 11:41:10 AM »

Good morning Joe!  congrats on making the job move!  hope it all works out the way you want it to!!  you guys calling stuff like the Seagrams fruit type drinks and such.  I've noticed on the bottles they are beer based.

Thanks, Sam.  It'll be an interesting change, for sure, but I'm a gamblin' man.  Travellin' Dave summed up queer beer quite nicely.  It's "real" beer.  More real than some of the mainstream stuff that uses the cheapest possible ingredients to make "beer".  But I don't care AT ALL what other people drink and enjoy because it's not like they're sharing, anyway!!  And I'm not sharing, so I don't care what you think of my stuff  ;D
You do too share!

That time we asked for two straws for our PB stout doesn't count.

OK fine, I am perfectly willing to share.  But I still don't care what anyone thinks. So there. 

O

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #199 on: August 08, 2014, 11:41:35 AM »

Good morning Joe!  congrats on making the job move!  hope it all works out the way you want it to!!  you guys calling stuff like the Seagrams fruit type drinks and such.  I've noticed on the bottles they are beer based.

Thanks, Sam.  It'll be an interesting change, for sure, but I'm a gamblin' man.  Travellin' Dave summed up queer beer quite nicely.  It's "real" beer.  More real than some of the mainstream stuff that uses the cheapest possible ingredients to make "beer".  But I don't care AT ALL what other people drink and enjoy because it's not like they're sharing, anyway!!  And I'm not sharing, so I don't care what you think of my stuff  ;D
So if I come over to visit I have to bring my own Peanut Butter Beer?  not a problem!  Got some ML and Skippy in the cupboard!  stirring it may be problematic as I may stir all the carbonation right out of it. 

dwgbryant

« Reply #200 on: August 08, 2014, 11:41:41 AM »

fucking nuts are pissing me off.
2 more weeks!
and I hope it's scheduled for only 6 work days.
So that means you'll put in 10.
I spoke to soon. new schedule has me working every day next week. two drivers going on vacation.
Called that one!  They're nothing if not consistent!

May as well make any last bit of money that you can.
yes, absolutely Joe. as it is they are converting 48 hours of personal leave to vacation leave so the replacement driver can start sooner (?), giving me what personal leave I've earned for next year (52 hours), and a small severance stipend. all in a lump sum check. SS won't be too happy with that, but hope they look at the yearly income and not the monthly one.
Dean PM sent at joes CI.
thanks dd. I'll check in a bit.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2014, 11:42:03 AM »

2 more weeks!
I spoke to soon. new schedule has me working every day next week. two drivers going on vacation.

yes, absolutely Joe. as it is they are converting 48 hours of personal leave to vacation leave so the replacement driver can start sooner (?), giving me what personal leave I've earned for next year (52 hours), and a small severance stipend. all in a lump sum check. SS won't be too happy with that, but hope they look at the yearly income and not the monthly one.

Sounds like a deal to me.  Truly hope this works out and you're off to Florida in a few weeks.  Love seeing people take risks to get out of situations that make them miserable.  Don't like something?  Change it.
#yolo?  :P

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2014, 11:42:27 AM »

Have you seen/tried the Unapologetic (I think) IPA?

Seen it but haven't tried it.  Stone is EVERYWHERE here.  Seriously.  There is not a Stone beer that I couldn't walk and get right now, and be back in 20 minutes.

Only a Stone's throw away!

Nice.  Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw their Stone beer.

dogdays

« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2014, 11:43:26 AM »

2 more weeks!

Dean PM sent at joes CI.
thanks dd. I'll check in a bit.
Any time Dean.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #204 on: August 08, 2014, 11:44:13 AM »

2 more weeks!

Sounds like a deal to me.  Truly hope this works out and you're off to Florida in a few weeks.  Love seeing people take risks to get out of situations that make them miserable.  Don't like something?  Change it.
Oh fuck, we doing this again?  Cellos on or off?

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #205 on: August 08, 2014, 11:44:23 AM »

So if I come over to visit I have to bring my own Peanut Butter Beer?  not a problem!  Got some ML and Skippy in the cupboard!  stirring it may be problematic as I may stir all the carbonation right out of it.

Sheesh.  If anyone visits they can drink and smoke anything I have on hand.  Open bar/humi.  Actually, I'll meet you somewhere.  But I'll bring anything you'd like to try.  Even got 2oz bottles for liquor samples.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #206 on: August 08, 2014, 11:45:20 AM »

2 more weeks!

Oh fuck, we doing this again?  Cellos on or off?
Beer in the bottle/can or glass?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #207 on: August 08, 2014, 11:45:57 AM »

Sheesh.  If anyone visits they can drink and smoke anything I have on hand.  Open bar/humi.  Actually, I'll meet you somewhere.  But I'll bring anything you'd like to try.  Even got 2oz bottles for liquor samples.
Joe, do you buy 2oz bottles somewhere or do you reuse 'shooters'?  I have been looking to pick some up, just haven't pulled a trigger yet.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #208 on: August 08, 2014, 11:46:02 AM »

That's the point tho....it tastes nothing like that.  It's not a matter of just dropping flavorings into a finished beer and calling it something else.  Just have to try it to understand.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #209 on: August 08, 2014, 11:48:36 AM »

16   Camacho Liberty '13
          1 coffin/14.99
Error
15   Diesel Underground Sampler
          9/39.99
14   Oliva Serie "V" Melanio  Robusto
          5/29.99
Error
13   Asylum 13 60
         10/32.50
12   Punch Bareknuckle Elites (corona)
         10/29.50
11   E.P. Carrillo Cardinal Maduro 52 (robusto)
          5/22.50
Error
10   La Perla Habana WIDE Torpedo
         10/32.50
 9   Sam Leccia Luchador El Hombre
          5/27.50
 8   Perdomo Lot 23 Robusto
         10/33.50
 7   H. Upmann 1844 Reserve Churchill
          5/23.50
 6   The Griffin's Robusto
         10/37.50