CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: 8/8/2014  (Read 50552 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 8/8/2014
« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2014, 11:26:30 AM »

Morning, all!  Kind of a crazy day today... daughter's 2nd birthday, my last full time day with the ad agency, first gov't meeting before lunch, boss wants to go out for drinks after lunch, hockey with the boy tonight.  Can't wait to crack that first queer beer.
Good morning Joe!  congrats on making the job move!  hope it all works out the way you want it to!!  you guys calling stuff like the Seagrams fruit type drinks and such.  I've noticed on the bottles they are beer based.
No, we're talking about various craft beers that are a little non-traditional in presentation, coffee, citrus, even things like chocolate, vanilla and peanut butter added to the mash bill.  Or like the example from Joe below of some other more traditionally made beers that go beyond the basic pilsner or lager.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #181 on: August 08, 2014, 11:28:26 AM »

Morning, all!  Kind of a crazy day today... daughter's 2nd birthday, my last full time day with the ad agency, first gov't meeting before lunch, boss wants to go out for drinks after lunch, hockey with the boy tonight.  Can't wait to crack that first queer beer.
GMornin Joe! The start of bigger and better things! Don't put your lips around the neck of the bottle, that's queer.

Good to know.  Usually just slide the bottle as far back in my throat as I can get it without gagging.
Am I the only one who is a little bit turned on right now?
I hope so. WTF? I leave for a few meetings and this place becomes Deepthroat Friday?

Just want to make sure I'm drinking my beer correctly so I don't get ripped for that, too.  Morning, Scott.  Had a Stone RuinTen last night.  10% ABV (little higher, forget the exact number).  Very good, one of my favorite IPAs I've had lately.  Not particularly expensive for that high of an ABV, either.  Think it was $7 at BevMo.

sfish

« Reply #182 on: August 08, 2014, 11:31:34 AM »

GMornin Joe! The start of bigger and better things! Don't put your lips around the neck of the bottle, that's queer.

Good to know.  Usually just slide the bottle as far back in my throat as I can get it without gagging.
I hope so. WTF? I leave for a few meetings and this place becomes Deepthroat Friday?
I was just trying to change the subject.  I didn't dare talk about Horny Goat Peanut Butter porter.
Now there's a liquid that tastes great as it oozes over your tongue and slides down the your throat

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #183 on: August 08, 2014, 11:31:38 AM »

Good morning Joe!  congrats on making the job move!  hope it all works out the way you want it to!!  you guys calling stuff like the Seagrams fruit type drinks and such.  I've noticed on the bottles they are beer based.

Thanks, Sam.  It'll be an interesting change, for sure, but I'm a gamblin' man.  Travellin' Dave summed up queer beer quite nicely.  It's "real" beer.  More real than some of the mainstream stuff that uses the cheapest possible ingredients to make "beer".  But I don't care AT ALL what other people drink and enjoy because it's not like they're sharing, anyway!!  And I'm not sharing, so I don't care what you think of my stuff  ;D

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2014, 11:32:13 AM »

I was just trying to change the subject.  I didn't dare talk about Horny Goat Peanut Butter porter.
Now there's a liquid that tastes great as it oozes over your tongue and slides down the your throat

Ha, agreed.  Favorite all around PB beer I've had. 

dwgbryant

« Reply #185 on: August 08, 2014, 11:32:17 AM »

fucking nuts are pissing me off.
2 more weeks!
and I hope it's scheduled for only 6 work days.
So that means you'll put in 10.
I spoke to soon. new schedule has me working every day next week. two drivers going on vacation.
Called that one!  They're nothing if not consistent!

May as well make any last bit of money that you can.
yes, absolutely Joe. as it is they are converting 48 hours of personal leave to vacation leave so the replacement driver can start sooner (?), giving me what personal leave I've earned for next year (52 hours), and a small severance stipend. all in a lump sum check. SS won't be too happy with that, but hope they look at the yearly income and not the monthly one.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #186 on: August 08, 2014, 11:34:35 AM »

Just want to make sure I'm drinking my beer correctly so I don't get ripped for that, too.  Morning, Scott.  Had a Stone RuinTen last night.  10% ABV (little higher, forget the exact number).  Very good, one of my favorite IPAs I've had lately.  Not particularly expensive for that high of an ABV, either.  Think it was $7 at BevMo.
10.80 according to beeradvocate.  I'll have to look for it because it seems up my alley.

sfish

« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2014, 11:35:06 AM »

Have you seen/tried the Unapologetic (I think) IPA?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2014, 11:35:35 AM »

Thanks, Sam.  It'll be an interesting change, for sure, but I'm a gamblin' man.  Travellin' Dave summed up queer beer quite nicely.  It's "real" beer.  More real than some of the mainstream stuff that uses the cheapest possible ingredients to make "beer".  But I don't care AT ALL what other people drink and enjoy because it's not like they're sharing, anyway!!  And I'm not sharing, so I don't care what you think of my stuff  ;D
You do too share!

dogdays

« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2014, 11:36:34 AM »

2 more weeks!
I spoke to soon. new schedule has me working every day next week. two drivers going on vacation.

yes, absolutely Joe. as it is they are converting 48 hours of personal leave to vacation leave so the replacement driver can start sooner (?), giving me what personal leave I've earned for next year (52 hours), and a small severance stipend. all in a lump sum check. SS won't be too happy with that, but hope they look at the yearly income and not the monthly one.
Dean PM sent at joes CI.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2014, 11:36:43 AM »

2 more weeks!

Sounds like a deal to me.  Truly hope this works out and you're off to Florida in a few weeks.  Love seeing people take risks to get out of situations that make them miserable.  Don't like something?  Change it. 

dogdays

« Reply #191 on: August 08, 2014, 11:37:56 AM »

2 more weeks!

Sounds like a deal to me.  Truly hope this works out and you're off to Florida in a few weeks.  Love seeing people take risks to get out of situations that make them miserable.  Don't like something?  Change it.
indeed

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #192 on: August 08, 2014, 11:39:06 AM »

10.80 according to beeradvocate.  I'll have to look for it because it seems up my alley.
Right up your alley???   Now you're starting to sound like DaveOy.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2014, 11:39:35 AM »

Have you seen/tried the Unapologetic (I think) IPA?

Seen it but haven't tried it.  Stone is EVERYWHERE here.  Seriously.  There is not a Stone beer that I couldn't walk and get right now, and be back in 20 minutes.

dwgbryant

« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2014, 11:40:20 AM »

2 more weeks!

thanks Joe.
I agree.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22