Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2016, 07:29:06 AM »

Mr. ChampDave, good morning.
Not so good today, online training from 9-2. Yikes. Though, pizza and cake at the in-laws tonight for my nephew's birthday, so there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
At least it's virtual, so I don't have to leave my desk, and can still screw around while they're trying to teach me.
So a heavy banter day?
Lol, exactly!

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2016, 07:31:43 AM »

Still no Dean?
I found him:

Robot looking for love...

 Emotional droid bonds with humans...

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2016, 07:32:49 AM »

It's about time!

Utah voters picked a historic, and largely unknown, Democratic candidate to challenge Sen. Mike Lee this November.

Misty K. Snow is the first transgender nominee from a major party to run for a U.S. Senate seat and she shares the distinction of being the first transgender person to run for Congress. Misty Plowright, a transgender woman, claimed the Democratic nomination in Colorado's conservative 5th House District on Tuesday.

"A lot of people have told me whether I win or lose, I'm already making a difference just by running," Snow said

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2016, 07:34:43 AM »

Mr. ChampDave, good morning.
Not so good today, online training from 9-2. Yikes. Though, pizza and cake at the in-laws tonight for my nephew's birthday, so there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
At least it's virtual, so I don't have to leave my desk, and can still screw around while they're trying to teach me.
That is definitely a PLUS there!
Definitely. I hadn't heard about a location for the training before today (typical), and when I got in and saw the online meeting notification, I was quite pleased.  8)

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2016, 07:35:09 AM »

203 Days!

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2016, 07:35:35 AM »

It's about time!

Utah voters picked a historic, and largely unknown, Democratic candidate to challenge Sen. Mike Lee this November.

Misty K. Snow is the first transgender nominee from a major party to run for a U.S. Senate seat and she shares the distinction of being the first transgender person to run for Congress. Misty Plowright, a transgender woman, claimed the Democratic nomination in Colorado's conservative 5th House District on Tuesday.

"A lot of people have told me whether I win or lose, I'm already making a difference just by running," Snow said
How is Misty Plowright not a porn name?

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2016, 07:35:58 AM »

Mr. ChampDave, good morning.
Not so good today, online training from 9-2. Yikes. Though, pizza and cake at the in-laws tonight for my nephew's birthday, so there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
At least it's virtual, so I don't have to leave my desk, and can still screw around while they're trying to teach me.
That is definitely a PLUS there!
Definitely. I hadn't heard about a location for the training before today (typical), and when I got in and saw the online meeting notification, I was quite pleased.  8)
I would have certainly been pleased at that notice if it were me!

But here they usually want to put those on the big screen in the conference room and have us all hold hands  and clap.........

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2016, 07:38:18 AM »

It's about time!

Utah voters picked a historic, and largely unknown, Democratic candidate to challenge Sen. Mike Lee this November.

Misty K. Snow is the first transgender nominee from a major party to run for a U.S. Senate seat and she shares the distinction of being the first transgender person to run for Congress. Misty Plowright, a transgender woman, claimed the Democratic nomination in Colorado's conservative 5th House District on Tuesday.

"A lot of people have told me whether I win or lose, I'm already making a difference just by running," Snow said
How is Misty Plowright not a porn name?
Well, Misty sure ain't Caitlin!

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2016, 07:38:41 AM »

It's about time!

Utah voters picked a historic, and largely unknown, Democratic candidate to challenge Sen. Mike Lee this November.

Misty K. Snow is the first transgender nominee from a major party to run for a U.S. Senate seat and she shares the distinction of being the first transgender person to run for Congress. Misty Plowright, a transgender woman, claimed the Democratic nomination in Colorado's conservative 5th House District on Tuesday.

"A lot of people have told me whether I win or lose, I'm already making a difference just by running," Snow said
Wonder if he/she is any relation to John Snow?

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2016, 07:42:55 AM »

It's about time!

Utah voters picked a historic, and largely unknown, Democratic candidate to challenge Sen. Mike Lee this November.

Misty K. Snow is the first transgender nominee from a major party to run for a U.S. Senate seat and she shares the distinction of being the first transgender person to run for Congress. Misty Plowright, a transgender woman, claimed the Democratic nomination in Colorado's conservative 5th House District on Tuesday.

"A lot of people have told me whether I win or lose, I'm already making a difference just by running," Snow said
How is Misty Plowright not a porn name?
Well, Misty sure ain't Caitlin!
True that!
Speaking of which, big anniversary coming up...40 years since the decathlon gold!

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/caitlyn-jenner-covers-sports-illustrated-talks-1976-olympics-w211467

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2016, 07:46:20 AM »

Latest estimates from the Istanbul Airport Bombings:

Forty-one people were killed and 239 others were wounded in the suicide bomb attack at Istanbul's main international airport Tuesday, the Istanbul governor's office said in a statement Wednesday.

Only good thing about successful suicide bombers is they never get on the repeat offenders list.

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2016, 08:03:11 AM »

It's about time!

Utah voters picked a historic, and largely unknown, Democratic candidate to challenge Sen. Mike Lee this November.

Misty K. Snow is the first transgender nominee from a major party to run for a U.S. Senate seat and she shares the distinction of being the first transgender person to run for Congress. Misty Plowright, a transgender woman, claimed the Democratic nomination in Colorado's conservative 5th House District on Tuesday.

"A lot of people have told me whether I win or lose, I'm already making a difference just by running," Snow said
How is Misty Plowright not a porn name?
Well, Misty sure ain't Caitlin!
Yikes.

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2016, 08:38:49 AM »

Latest estimates from the Istanbul Airport Bombings:

Forty-one people were killed and 239 others were wounded in the suicide bomb attack at Istanbul's main international airport Tuesday, the Istanbul governor's office said in a statement Wednesday.

Only good thing about successful suicide bombers is they never get on the repeat offenders list.
RetirementCountdownDave always looking on the bright side...

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2016, 08:44:09 AM »

Got a new retirement fishing project underway.  Been wanting to build a classic style fishing boat for years, looked at a couple of premium custom boat builders to have it done but costs were more than astronomical, building it at home requires a huge amount of space and shop equipment along with several years of time so I had pretty much just decided on an off the shelf fishing boat.  One particular style of custom boat has been stuck in my mind for years and low and behold strictly by accident I found a furniture maker in Nags Head, NC that builds basically the same boat by hand in his shop for a somewhat reasonable price.

Began working with him by phone and email this week and a super nice guy producing some amazing work.  I will be travelling to Nags Head in the near future (no not the one I wake up with every morning the one in North Carolina  :)) to meet him in person and look at his work in person.  Should be able to get the project completed just about the time I get relocated to SC.

Funny, the design is from a 1970's boat called a "Willy Boat" made down in the FL Keys so the design will look great behind the '78 Land Cruiser.

I am excited!

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2016, 08:44:43 AM »

Latest estimates from the Istanbul Airport Bombings:

Forty-one people were killed and 239 others were wounded in the suicide bomb attack at Istanbul's main international airport Tuesday, the Istanbul governor's office said in a statement Wednesday.

Only good thing about successful suicide bombers is they never get on the repeat offenders list.
RetirementCountdownDave always looking on the bright side...
My mother always told me to find the good in everyone.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13