« Reply #240 on: January 22, 2016, 01:48:30 PM »

Even Cruz's wife thinks he's a dumbass...

(NEWSER) – Millions of Americans have lost their health care coverage because of ObamaCare, and one of them is Ted Cruz, according to Ted Cruz. On Thursday night, the candidate told supporters in New Hampshire that his coverage in Texas was canceled at the end of 2015 because Blue Cross Blue Shield was leaving the market for individual policies in the state, reports Politico. It notes that Cruz had previously received coverage through his wife's job at Goldman Sachs, not his job in the Senate, but they bought an individual plan last year. Cruz said he's looking for a new plan, but "our premiums are going up 50%. That's happening all over the country."

Cruz's wife apparently thinks the lack of coverage is his fault, not President Obama's. "By the way, when you let your health insurance policy lapse, your wife gets really ticked at you," Cruz told the NH audience. "I've had, shall we say, some intense conversations with Heidi on that." Some fact-checking: Politico notes that Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas stopped selling some, but not all, individual policies in the state at the end of the year, while New York notes that, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation, the average premium increase last year was 2.4% in Texas and 5.7% in New Hampshire. (Bob Dole thinks Cruz could be a disaster for the GOP.)

So don't let facts get in the way of a good Obamacare bashing....
Don't worry, I've noticed that facts rarely get in the way of Obama bashing...
Turnabout's fair play. Obama doesn't let facts get in the way of his state of the union addresses either. Or his executive orders. Or his responses to terrorist acts.

« Reply #241 on: January 22, 2016, 01:59:52 PM »

[...]

Fiction has always been more fun anyway.

« Reply #242 on: January 22, 2016, 02:02:15 PM »

[...]

And that is the real scary part...

« Reply #243 on: January 22, 2016, 02:04:55 PM »

[...]

Must be. It's all over the news.

« Reply #244 on: January 22, 2016, 02:07:48 PM »

[...]

Why is that scary? People been lying about the President since the Washington administration. Come to think about it, that's when Presidents started lying to the American people as well. The country seems to be surviving quite well. No civil wars since 1865, anyway.

« Reply #245 on: January 22, 2016, 02:21:35 PM »

Two new cigars coming in from Crowned Heads...may be a little tricky (and pricy) to procure....

From Halfwheel....Headley Grange Black Dog (Maduro) through JR Cigars swaps the Ecuadoran Sumatra wrapper for a Connecticut Habano Maduro ....http://halfwheel.com/crowned-heads-sending-headley-grange-maduro-to-jr-cigar/104748

and available at Smoke Inn....
Supposedly a "pre-release of Crowned Heads Las Mareas, a Nicaraguan Corojo '99 wrapped Nicaraguan puro...
https://www.smokeinn.com/Crowned-Heads-Las-Mareas/?trk_msg=DCJPOQE5K564H0UJBPDHQUU1US&trk_contact=RLBPE54BTM3LPE9RUAMD8GQ4IS&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fwww.smokeinn.com%2fCrowned-Heads-Las-Mareas%2f&utm_campaign=Smoke+Inn+Events&utm_content=The+Great+Smoke+2016

« Reply #246 on: January 22, 2016, 02:22:06 PM »

Time to wrap it up for the week, back at it Monday morning. And that's a fact. Hazzuh!

« Reply #247 on: January 22, 2016, 02:25:23 PM »

[...]

What is scary to me is the level of stupidity of a large amount of the American population.  I'm not talking about not knowing your congressmen or Federal justices or even the state capitals and where Luxembourg is on the map...but the basic facts that are being trampled by all these clowns.

« Reply #248 on: January 22, 2016, 02:25:59 PM »

Time to wrap it up for the week, back at it Monday morning. And that's a fact. Hazzuh!
Have a good one Mr. D.

« Reply #249 on: January 22, 2016, 02:27:35 PM »

Think I'll go home, mix up some Manhattans, have a cigar then wax and polish my snowshovels.

« Reply #250 on: January 22, 2016, 02:29:32 PM »

[...]

That hasn't changed since 1781 either. In fact it's improved pretty drastically.  Most of the populace can actually read now.

« Reply #251 on: January 22, 2016, 02:30:38 PM »

Think I'll go home, mix up some Manhattans, have a cigar then wax and polish my snowshovels.
Is that last part a euphemism?

« Reply #252 on: January 22, 2016, 02:33:35 PM »

Think I'll go home, mix up some Manhattans, have a cigar then wax and polish my snowshovels.
Is that last part a euphemism?
Nothing euphemistic about it. He's going to go wax and polish his implements.

« Reply #253 on: January 22, 2016, 03:53:02 PM »

Looks like Raz ran everybody off.

« Reply #254 on: January 22, 2016, 03:54:14 PM »

Tucked up in a corner with a 601 Green Corona lit.  Fuk'n wind, I hate it!