CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: 9/27/2022  (Read 1443 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 9/27/2022
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2022, 01:48:41 PM »

wish I had good news to share but I really don't. since my trip to NY my arthritis has progressed. my ankles are bone on bone. all my meds have been increased to no avail. until they come out with a non-narcotic pain med my recourse is to fuse my ankles (according to my surgeon and rheumatologist). been looking into ankle replacement which is fairly new and only tried on the elderly because right now they only last 5-7 years. then there is a year recovery per ankle not counting PT. that't at least 3 years of my life and life of the ankles lost. so pain is my only real answer.

even took a few golf lessons but the pro said there really wasn't anything he could help me with until I'm pain free and regain my balance; but I still play at least twice a week.
That sucks, Dean. Really sorry to hear it.

I have several friends who swear by acupuncture for pain relief. I have no experience with it, but those people aren't loons, so I take them seriously.
I've tried it in the past with no results. since 2003 there isn't much I haven't tried.
Medical marijuana like AC/DC? (high in CBD with little or no intoxicating effects)
I've a close friend in the business, and until it's regulated better and affordable with Medicare/supplemental insurance it's not happening. he says he sees a lot of patients that it really doesn't help.

https://compassionclinicflorida.com/
Wow, have to go back every 7 months just to renew your license? That's harsh. Seems like a chronic condition, by definition, shouldn't require constant reevaluation.
.... oh, and he's an Attitude Adjustment buddy of mine. 🤔
Well, at least he can help you along that road.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2022, 02:13:42 PM »

Hazzuh!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2022, 02:36:56 PM »

wish I had good news to share but I really don't. since my trip to NY my arthritis has progressed. my ankles are bone on bone. all my meds have been increased to no avail. until they come out with a non-narcotic pain med my recourse is to fuse my ankles (according to my surgeon and rheumatologist). been looking into ankle replacement which is fairly new and only tried on the elderly because right now they only last 5-7 years. then there is a year recovery per ankle not counting PT. that't at least 3 years of my life and life of the ankles lost. so pain is my only real answer.

even took a few golf lessons but the pro said there really wasn't anything he could help me with until I'm pain free and regain my balance; but I still play at least twice a week.

I have several friends who swear by acupuncture for pain relief. I have no experience with it, but those people aren't loons, so I take them seriously.
My mother-in-law is old school and I was surprised when she did acupuncture. But now she's able to raise both her arms and she wasn't able to do so previously.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2022, 03:31:11 PM »

My mother-in-law is old school and I was surprised when she did acupuncture. But now she's able to raise both her arms and she wasn't able to do so previously.
I'm not real big on alternative medicine, but heck, is the traditional routes don't work, stuff like acupuncture, chiropractic, medical mary and such are worth a try.  Short of going to Mexico or Switzerland or whatever for some wackadoo treatment, go for it.  Won't work for all but if it provides you with some relief, great.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2022, 06:26:29 PM »

Got our first volleyball tryout in the books. Apparently, she was wrong about the schedule. Practices are Wednesdays and Thursdays, games are Saturday mornings. Oof.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2022, 06:39:53 PM »

I've tried it in the past with no results. since 2003 there isn't much I haven't tried.
Medical marijuana like AC/DC? (high in CBD with little or no intoxicating effects)
I've a close friend in the business, and until it's regulated better and affordable with Medicare/supplemental insurance it's not happening. he says he sees a lot of patients that it really doesn't help.

https://compassionclinicflorida.com/
It's really not expensive at all and it helps many people. The science and results are there. It's not for everyone but I am glad it is legit, professional, and properly regulated.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2022, 06:41:30 PM »

Heat is on in the Man Cave

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2022, 06:46:24 PM »

good morning Dave, Tony, Bret, and Dave.
Happy Monday.
Dean!
You all stocked up and hunkered down?
of course. just putting outdoor stuff in the garage.
How was your New York trip?
it was great seeing friends and all my family again but the driving about killed me. there wasn't a day I wasn't on the road travelling to see somebody. took me two weeks to recover. my body is too old for that.
I wish we could have caught up. We ain't getting any younger. I am glad you had a good visit with your family and friends.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2022, 06:59:21 PM »

Got our first volleyball tryout in the books. Apparently, she was wrong about the schedule. Practices are Wednesdays and Thursdays, games are Saturday mornings. Oof.
Looks like your getting out for more than just groceries for some time

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2022, 07:07:12 PM »

Lol, that's the truth!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2022, 07:12:19 PM »

Lol, that's the truth!
At least I wouldn't have to do Fridays like I originally thought. So there's that.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2022, 09:03:46 PM »

That's gonna interfere with the Saturday OT.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2022, 09:15:03 PM »

That's gonna interfere with the Saturday OT.
And any remaining Saturday morning golf chances.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2022, 09:15:18 PM »

Time Flies

CigarBanter

• Administrator
  • Senior Status
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2022, 10:52:58 PM »