CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: 2/15/2022  (Read 2124 times)

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
Re: 2/15/2022
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2022, 08:28:37 AM »

There is this second shift housekeeper where I work. We got to talking one day and he asked me where can I find a cigar like Columbo smokes? I told him there are not to many candela cigars. He went on to say I smoke Cohibas. I said oh yeah which one? He did not know there was more than one. I said I tell you what tomorrow I will bring you a cigar. I gave him a Espinoza Crema. He said he smoked it and got so sick he even called off the next day. He is not the only person I got sick from a cigar.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2022, 08:35:24 AM »

There is this second shift housekeeper where I work. We got to talking one day and he asked me where can I find a cigar like Columbo smokes? I told him there are not to many candela cigars. He went on to say I smoke Cohibas. I said oh yeah which one? He did not know there was more than one. I said I tell you what tomorrow I will bring you a cigar. I gave him a Espinoza Crema. He said he smoked it and got so sick he even called off the next day. He is not the only person I got sick from a cigar.
Sick from a Crema? What did he do, eat it?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2022, 09:20:03 AM »

Agreed. Seems he wasn't smoking it right. Was he inhaling it?

I've gotten green from a cigar before but I usually eat something and it goes away. I call BS on being sick the next day.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2022, 09:21:19 AM »

Agreed. Seems he wasn't smoking it right. Was he inhaling it?

I've gotten green from a cigar before but I usually eat something and it goes away. I call BS on being sick the next day.
Oh yeah, he definitely made that up to have a day off. Lol

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2022, 09:26:29 AM »

good morning Richards.

been a rough and busy few days. weather has been killing me. beginning to warm up a bit and I see about a med change next week. barely avoided the ER with another bout of pneumonia. feeling a bit better now but no cigars for awhile.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2022, 09:29:21 AM »

good morning Richards.

been a rough and busy few days. weather has been killing me. beginning to warm up a bit and I see about a med change next week. barely avoided the ER with another bout of pneumonia. feeling a bit better now but no cigars for awhile.
Good morning, Dean. Nice to see you. Please take care of yourself.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2022, 09:38:45 AM »

good morning Richards.

That's a damn shame, but glad to hear you're on the mend.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2022, 09:55:59 AM »

speaking of Richards. when I was working for Bridges we were sealing bridge sub-structures with a new chemical from Albany that was suppose to be environmentally safe. it was called Environseal. the MSDS sheets said it was safe for aquatic plants and wildlife. we were spraying at a section of Nine Mile Creek in Onondage County that is one of the most protected streams in the state. a guy from NYS DEC shows up and stated we had to shut down the operation as we were 'polluting' the creek. I asked who he was and he says "I'm Richard Head and don't call me Dick." I couldn't help but laugh. took 5 years in court for NYS DOT to answer charges from NYS DEC. Bridges won but we needed to change our sealing methods. when I testified in court reading the safe use of the sealer but it fell apart when I was asked that if it was so safe would I drink it?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2022, 09:58:27 AM »

speaking of Richards. when I was working for Bridges we were sealing bridge sub-structures with a new chemical from Albany that was suppose to be environmentally safe. it was called Environseal. the MSDS sheets said it was safe for aquatic plants and wildlife. we were spraying at a section of Nine Mile Creek in Onondage County that is one of the most protected streams in the state. a guy from NYS DEC shows up and stated we had to shut down the operation as we were 'polluting' the creek. I asked who he was and he says "I'm Richard Head and don't call me Dick." I couldn't help but laugh. took 5 years in court for NYS DOT to answer charges from NYS DEC. Bridges won but we needed to change our sealing methods. when I testified in court reading the safe use of the sealer but it fell apart when I was asked that if it was so safe would I drink it?
At least he had a partial sense of humor about it.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2022, 10:08:41 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2022, 10:12:59 AM »

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2022, 10:13:26 AM »

That IS a good question, actually.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2022, 10:13:55 AM »

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2022, 10:21:21 AM »

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2022, 10:22:49 AM »

That IS a good question, actually.
they should have asked that of the Approved Materials List people in Albany instead of a yahoo in the field.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5