Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2021, 08:35:49 AM »

Can you imagine being this poor guy? Jesus.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/houston-hospitals-filled-covid-patients-055951207.html
Must not be too serious a wound. I'm more curious about the article glossing over that he was an innocent bystander in a domestic dispute. I thought things got heated in my house but I haven't been shot yet. Sheesh.

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2021, 08:40:05 AM »

I'll take this moment to do a little complaining about work...

This is a general problem that I think we all have. WHY DON'T PEOPLE READ THEIR #$@&?!+$ EMAIL?? If I make a request and take the time to supply all the details in an email and then you contact me to say you don't have all the required information because you didn't bother to read said email, I think you deserve a punch to the throat. Just sayin'.
I feel your pain.
Howdy Rick. Just met one of my wife's colleagues also named Rick. You know how sometimes you imagine what a person looks like before you meet them? I always pictured Rick was gonna look like Schneider from the original One Day at a Time but instead he reminded me more of Uncle Junior from the Sopranos.

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2021, 08:41:31 AM »

I'll take this moment to do a little complaining about work...

This is a general problem that I think we all have. WHY DON'T PEOPLE READ THEIR #$@&?!+$ EMAIL?? If I make a request and take the time to supply all the details in an email and then you contact me to say you don't have all the required information because you didn't bother to read said email, I think you deserve a punch to the throat. Just sayin'.
I feel your pain.
"Per my original email" is my new favorite phrase. I know I'm saying, "read it again slowly this time, ya stupid fuck". THEY know I'm saying, "read it again slowly this time, ya stupid fuck". But there isn't a damn thing they can do about it, because it's a perfectly acceptable thing to say in an email. I love it.
They just messaged me in MS Teams asking again for clarification. Oof.

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2021, 08:46:45 AM »

Tony - this might as well be Charlie's Xmas list:

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/fuente-goes-green-for-opus-25?fbclid=IwAR2iyyToA4Y5oMiUyzFNDubtm3nZUPV5LItJN5QGL57gxSjS7gvKjgXcPlo
Wow. Looks incredible but I'm not sure I could justify $70K even if I were a lottery winner.

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2021, 09:03:54 AM »

I'll take this moment to do a little complaining about work...

This is a general problem that I think we all have. WHY DON'T PEOPLE READ THEIR #$@&?!+$ EMAIL?? If I make a request and take the time to supply all the details in an email and then you contact me to say you don't have all the required information because you didn't bother to read said email, I think you deserve a punch to the throat. Just sayin'.
I feel your pain.
"Per my original email" is my new favorite phrase. I know I'm saying, "read it again slowly this time, ya stupid fuck". THEY know I'm saying, "read it again slowly this time, ya stupid fuck". But there isn't a damn thing they can do about it, because it's a perfectly acceptable thing to say in an email. I love it.
They just messaged me in MS Teams asking again for clarification. Oof.
Oof is right.

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2021, 09:33:24 AM »

After Monday's offerings, I'm afraid to see what Tuesday has in store for us... :-\

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2021, 09:36:54 AM »

In true two-fer fashion, JoeCigar is offering:

Bahia Maduro Panchos (5.5"x52) - 20 / $44.99
Oof. That's a far cry from a jam.
I was definitely wrong in my prediction.
CI has a hard time passing up a good twofer.

I can't imagine this particular twofer would generate more revenue than the shittiest of jams. But hey.
Thinking that the DoDs are meant more a a little candy to get you in the door.  Probably not a big revenue stream.
Then again, if THIS is what you're using to try to entice me to come in....

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2021, 09:38:13 AM »

Can you imagine being this poor guy? Jesus.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/houston-hospitals-filled-covid-patients-055951207.html
Must not be too serious a wound. I'm more curious about the article glossing over that he was an innocent bystander in a domestic dispute. I thought things got heated in my house but I haven't been shot yet. Sheesh.
Yet...

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2021, 09:40:21 AM »

Tony - this might as well be Charlie's Xmas list:

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/fuente-goes-green-for-opus-25?fbclid=IwAR2iyyToA4Y5oMiUyzFNDubtm3nZUPV5LItJN5QGL57gxSjS7gvKjgXcPlo
Wow. Looks incredible but I'm not sure I could justify $70K even if I were a lottery winner.
Thanks for reminding me.  Gotta get my tickets.

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2021, 09:43:26 AM »

In true two-fer fashion, JoeCigar is offering:

Bahia Maduro Panchos (5.5"x52) - 20 / $44.99
Well, if you don't like the Bahia's...you can still get the Monday Deal (free V cutter as well)
https://www.cigarsinternational.com/1-day-deal/?slot=1

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2021, 09:43:52 AM »

Morning Tony and Dave.

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2021, 09:44:32 AM »

All caught up, now to get on with new business..

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2021, 09:48:01 AM »

Today is Tuesday, Aug. 17, the 229th day of 2021.
There are 136 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On August 17, 1915, a mob in Cobb County, Georgia, lynched Jewish businessman Leo Frank, 31, whose death sentence for the murder of 13-year-old Mary Phagan had been commuted to life imprisonment. (Frank, who’d maintained his innocence, was pardoned by the state of Georgia in 1986.)

On this date:

In 1807, Robert Fulton’s North River Steamboat began heading up the Hudson River on its successful round trip between New York and Albany.

In 1863, federal batteries and ships began bombarding Fort Sumter in Charleston harbor during the Civil War, but the Confederates managed to hold on despite several days of pounding.

In 1942, during World War II, U.S. 8th Air Force bombers attacked German forces in Rouen, France. U.S. Marines raided a Japanese seaplane base on Makin Island.

In 1964, Teamsters union president Jimmy Hoffa was sentenced in Chicago to five years in federal prison for defrauding his union’s pension fund. (Hoffa was released in 1971 after President Richard Nixon commuted his sentence for this conviction and jury tampering.)

In 1978, the first successful trans-Atlantic balloon flight ended as Maxie Anderson, Ben Abruzzo and Larry Newman landed their Double Eagle II outside Paris.

In 1982, the first commercially produced compact discs, a recording of ABBA’s “The Visitors,” were pressed at a Philips factory near Hanover, West Germany.

In 1983, lyricist Ira Gershwin died in Beverly Hills, Calif., at age 86.

In 1987, Rudolf Hess, the last member of Adolf Hitler’s inner circle, died at Spandau Prison at age 93, an apparent suicide.

In 1988, Pakistani President Mohammad Zia ul-Haq and U.S. Ambassador Arnold Raphel (RAY’-fehl) were killed in a mysterious plane crash.

In 1998, President Bill Clinton gave grand jury testimony via closed-circuit television from the White House concerning his relationship with Monica Lewinsky; he then delivered a TV address in which he denied previously committing perjury, admitted his relationship with Lewinsky was “wrong,” and criticized Kenneth Starr’s investigation.

In 1999, more than 17,000 people were killed when a magnitude 7.4 earthquake struck Turkey.

In 2017, a van plowed through pedestrians along a packed promenade in the Spanish city of Barcelona, killing 13 people and injuring 120. (A 14th victim died later from injuries.) Another man was stabbed to death in a carjacking that night as the van driver made his getaway, and a woman died early the next day in a vehicle-and-knife attack in a nearby coastal town. (Six suspects in the attack were shot dead by police, two more died when a bomb workshop exploded.)

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2021, 09:49:19 AM »

In true two-fer fashion, JoeCigar is offering:

Bahia Maduro Panchos (5.5"x52) - 20 / $44.99
Oof. That's a far cry from a jam.
I was definitely wrong in my prediction.
CI has a hard time passing up a good twofer.

I can't imagine this particular twofer would generate more revenue than the shittiest of jams. But hey.
Thinking that the DoDs are meant more a a little candy to get you in the door.  Probably not a big revenue stream.
Then again, if THIS is what you're using to try to entice me to come in....
Exactly!

Good morning, Dave.

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2021, 09:49:32 AM »

Ten years ago: Vice President Joe Biden arrived in Beijing to meet with his Chinese counterpart, Xi Jinping.

Five years ago: Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump announced a shake-up of his campaign leadership, naming Steve Bannon of the conservative Breitbart News website as chief executive officer and promoting pollster Kellyanne Conway to campaign manager. Caster Semenya of South Africa made her debut at the Rio Olympics amid questions about how track and field can deal with hyperandrogenic women; Semenya qualified for the 800 semfinals, an event she won three days later. Movie director Arthur Hiller (“Love Story”) died in Los Angeles at age 92.

One year ago: As Democrats opened their virtual national convention, Michelle Obama delivered a passionate condemnation of President Donald Trump, saying he was “clearly in over his head.” Texas joined New York, New Jersey and California as states with at least 10,000 confirmed coronavirus deaths; about 80 percent of the Texas deaths were reported since June 1, after the state embarked on one of the fastest reopenings in the country. The University of North Carolina said it was switching all undergraduate classes to remote learning after the coronavirus spread in the first week since classes began. New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Adern delayed the country’s elections by four weeks because of a coronavirus outbreak in Auckland.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6