Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Important work for me to do today, have to take "No Fear" online training today so I will no how to hide when someone starts shooting at me in this gun free zone.
I've got continuing ed training sporadically over the next week or so. One of the severe downfalls of being licensed. 3 hours of it today to start.
At least it will only take about 15-20 minutes to learn about hiding!  Used to could just go to the end and mark it done but now you have to click on each slide and wait  some time to click on the next one.
Yeah, clicking through is the easy part. It's the test at the end that sucks. You have to get so many right, if you don't, you have to take it all over. I just keep track of the answers as I'm going so I don't have to actually think. Lol

Important work for me to do today, have to take "No Fear" online training today so I will no how to hide when someone starts shooting at me in this gun free zone.
I've got continuing ed training sporadically over the next week or so. One of the severe downfalls of being licensed. 3 hours of it today to start.
At least it will only take about 15-20 minutes to learn about hiding!  Used to could just go to the end and mark it done but now you have to click on each slide and wait  some time to click on the next one.
And there are typically some quizzes interspersed to make sure you're reading the material.  Should be easy in your case today, though.  "What should you do when an armed intruder enters your gun free zone?  A) schitt your pants. B) Mutter FML for working in a fk'n gun free zone, or C) Draw the compact 9 mm you carry regardless and shoot the mofo before he shoots you.

OK, so not the best of match up's tonight, but College football is back!

THURSDAY KICKOFF

Appalachian State (plus 20) at No. 9 Tennessee

Charlotte (plus 40) at No. 19 Louisville
You forgot the COCKS, SHEESH!!  Sheesh, the first SEC Matchup of the year and a great opportunity to enjoy some grilled wings while watching the chickens get roasted.
SC vs Vanderbilt @ 7:00 Central with Vanderbilt a 4 pt favorite (home field advantage I guess)
Big difference between forgetting and ignoring the irrelevant.

And good morning, football fans.

Sad news for the day:

I had a note from Chip last night and OMG things have managed to go further downhill.  He is virtually the only member of his family that did not have water up in this house but that is the closest thing to a bright light.

His wife fell while they were assisting others with flooding and broke her arm.  Then she had a gallbladder issue which resulted in significant damage to her pancreas.  The good part of that is I know from experience with my Mother you can live fine with only a small portion of your pancreas while without it you can't live at all.  She has about 25% of her pancreas and there were additional issues with other organs.  Here is the summary he provided:  "We have a full week in the hospital now and no word on if she will recover in a couple of weeks or month."  Meanwhile there is no one to assist caring for his daughter who still requires assistance.

Here is Chip's closing:

  "I haven't given up on the banter but it seems we keep getting obstacles thrown in our direction that are hard to overcome.
Keep us in your thoughts and prayers and you can share this with the guys"

September 1 is … Emma M. Nutt Day ???
This "day" ranks up in the top echelon of stupid-ass commemorative days.  "Emma did so well at her job that they began hiring only females as telephone dispatchers."  Gender-bias!!!!!
Yea, so?

OK, so not the best of match up's tonight, but College football is back!

THURSDAY KICKOFF

Appalachian State (plus 20) at No. 9 Tennessee

Charlotte (plus 40) at No. 19 Louisville
You forgot the COCKS, SHEESH!!  Sheesh, the first SEC Matchup of the year and a great opportunity to enjoy some grilled wings while watching the chickens get roasted.
SC vs Vanderbilt @ 7:00 Central with Vanderbilt a 4 pt favorite (home field advantage I guess)
Big difference between forgetting and ignoring the irrelevant.
So Charlotte vs Louisville with a 40 point spread is relevant?

[...]
I chose D) throw the huge dildo I brought at him.

Important work for me to do today, have to take "No Fear" online training today so I will no how to hide when someone starts shooting at me in this gun free zone.
I've got continuing ed training sporadically over the next week or so. One of the severe downfalls of being licensed. 3 hours of it today to start.
At least it will only take about 15-20 minutes to learn about hiding!  Used to could just go to the end and mark it done but now you have to click on each slide and wait  some time to click on the next one.
Yeah, clicking through is the easy part. It's the test at the end that sucks. You have to get so many right, if you don't, you have to take it all over. I just keep track of the answers as I'm going so I don't have to actually think. Lol
We only have to redo the questions we got wrong....with the help of a tutorial prompt that basically gives the answer.

[...]

Man, talk about having a rough go of it lately. Thinking about him, hoping whatever shit is currently falling on his family moves on soon.

[...]
That would be nice. We have to do the whole thing over again. And the site is slow as shit on the tests, that part takes forever.

[...]
And it's so irrelevant. Today I'm learning about commercial auto insurance (which I don't do) and ethics (which I barely have).

[...]

God Bless.  Giving Job a run for his money.

OK, so not the best of match up's tonight, but College football is back!

THURSDAY KICKOFF

Appalachian State (plus 20) at No. 9 Tennessee

Charlotte (plus 40) at No. 19 Louisville
You forgot the COCKS, SHEESH!!  Sheesh, the first SEC Matchup of the year and a great opportunity to enjoy some grilled wings while watching the chickens get roasted.
SC vs Vanderbilt @ 7:00 Central with Vanderbilt a 4 pt favorite (home field advantage I guess)
Big difference between forgetting and ignoring the irrelevant.
So Charlotte vs Louisville with a 40 point spread is relevant?
Define relevant.

From Halfwheel Today:

FDA Issues Cigar Warning, Advertising Plan Draft Guidance

When the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) announced its intention to regulate a variety of tobacco products, including cigars, it issued a variety of documents highlighted by a 499-page read explaining the new rules and its intentions. Despite the literal pounds of paper released in May, the agency acknowledged that there were gray areas and that in some cases, it was still deciding exactly how to regulate these products. In some of the more complex parts of the rule, FDA said it would issue guidance at a later date. Yesterday came word that guidance would be issued on at least one major topic: warning labels and advertising. As part of the new regulations, oftentimes described as the deeming regulations, the packaging cigars come in—boxes and bundles—along with advertising will be subject to warning labels. Draft guidance is non-binding and is said to describe the agency’s current thinking. In short, FDA could change its mind and introduce binding rules that are less or more restrictive than those published today. FDA is asking for comments from the public on the guidance document, with the submission for comments window open for the next 30 days.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16