CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: 2/12/2017  (Read 10430 times)

CigarBanter

• Administrator
  • Senior Status
2/12/2017
« on: February 12, 2017, 12:00:05 AM »

No, the site isn't closed. It's just that our regulars don't post all that much on the weekends. But don't be shy. If you know of any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about, go ahead and post it. Even if it isn't about cigars, go ahead, you've got nothing to lose. In fact,  you practically will have the entire site all to yourself. But be warned that if you are somehow able to get our attention, we're a spirited lot.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
Re: 2/12/2017
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 12:13:34 AM »

Daily Banter - just Joe Cigar Daily Deal - 404 Oops this page does not exist or has been removed.

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 12:16:32 AM »

Good evening, Tony, CB, any any other late-owls/west-coasters! And good morning to the rest of you!

Looks like there was trouble in the JoeCigar rooster shed yesterday.  8) Not sure what to make of it all yet, myself. Oh well.

In other news, Room 101 HN burning, looks like a robo (or whatever 101 has dubbed their version), courtesy of Raz. I didn't quite let it stabilize enough, but I was antsy. Slightly on the dry side, but kicking out tons of yummy smoke! I do like this cigar. I've considered picking up a box of papi chulos. Can anyone weigh in on how flavor varies between the PCs and the slightly larger vitolas?

Hope everyone is doing swell!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 12:16:59 AM »

Daily Banter - just Joe Cigar Daily Deal - 404 Oops this page does not exist or has been removed.
Thought it was just me. More Sheeshes.

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 12:18:29 AM »

And we got a 404 at Joe's. Looks like they're still ironing out the kinks. Ha.

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 12:19:35 AM »

Thought it was just me. More Sheeshes.

Beat me to it!  8)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 12:22:26 AM »

Good evening, Tony, CB, any any other late-owls/west-coasters! And good morning to the rest of you!

Looks like there was trouble in the JoeCigar rooster shed yesterday.  8) Not sure what to make of it all yet, myself. Oh well.

In other news, Room 101 HN burning, looks like a robo (or whatever 101 has dubbed their version), courtesy of Raz. I didn't quite let it stabilize enough, but I was antsy. Slightly on the dry side, but kicking out tons of yummy smoke! I do like this cigar. I've considered picking up a box of papi chulos. Can anyone weigh in on how flavor varies between the PCs and the slightly larger vitolas?

Howdy, Shank. Haven't had the PCs in the HN. Too bad you didn't smoke the HN earlier while cigar.com had them up as a daily special.

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 12:34:00 AM »

Howdy, Shank. Haven't had the PCs in the HN. Too bad you didn't smoke the HN earlier while cigar.com had them up as a daily special.

I did see that, and considered buying "blind," so to speak. It's OK. There will be more chances. :)

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 12:58:33 AM »

Cigar #2 burnin'. CLE Plus 2015, courtesy of TexRed.

Another fine smoke! Miler than the HN. Had I realized this I might have burned it first. Then again, I really wanted to try the HN on a fresh palate. ;) Should have realized it was slightly milder, as I think corojos are a little tamer than criollos.

Anyhow, very nice, smooth, creamy, with a touch of pepper. I haven't smoked much the past few days, so it is good to get out to burn a couple. :)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 01:15:29 AM »

Another fine smoke! Miler than the HN. Had I realized this I might have burned it first. Then again, I really wanted to try the HN on a fresh palate. ;) Should have realized it was slightly milder, as I think corojos are a little tamer than criollos.

Anyhow, very nice, smooth, creamy, with a touch of pepper. I haven't smoked much the past few days, so it is good to get out to burn a couple. :)
Both are quality sticks. Good for you, getting your smoke on!

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 01:16:04 AM »

...and a little bit of light cocoa or coffee going into the last third. Nice. (Disclaimer: my palate probably isn't as refined as most here, so all these described nuances are merely my own interpretations.)  8)

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 01:23:19 AM »

Ooooooh, yeah. Anything burning tonight, Tony?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2017, 01:27:45 AM »

Ooooooh, yeah. Anything burning tonight, Tony?
No sir. It has been cold and miserable here. Plus been busy running around with family stuff.

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2017, 01:30:24 AM »

Cool. I'd love to have a third; maybe either an Oliva V, or a Padilla 1932, or a Nica Rustica, but I think I'm smoked out for the night.  ;D

Oh, and still no Joe deal. Get it together, Joe!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2017, 01:33:32 AM »

Cool. I'd love to have a third; maybe either an Oliva V, or a Padilla 1932, or a Nica Rustica, but I think I'm smoked out for the night.  ;D

Oh, and still no Joe deal. Get it together, Joe!
I'm not buying anything anyhow. In fact, I'm gonna call it a night. Take care, Shank.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8