CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: 1/20/2017  (Read 15099 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 1/20/2017
« Reply #240 on: January 20, 2017, 07:25:02 PM »

Anyone had the Oliva Connecticut Reserve petite corona? Looking for a good, mild shorty.

Pulled on the V double robo tubos. Too good a deal, I thought.
that's the one with the handshake on the band, one of the better connies out there.
at least that's what mike or kirpal told me when i started.

Cool! 30 for about $54 with the discount. Not bad. My cigar spending is out of control. :) I keep telling myself I have enough!
I think he's passed his rookie entrance exam.
Pshaw. $54? That's preschool. To pass his rookie exam requires a $100 minimum order.

Pft. Had a couple of those between Black Friday and Christmas... :)  The Vs are on the way. Still contemplating the Oliva Connie reserves. Was going to order and then paid a bunch of other bills. Damn bills.   :-
More rookie mistakes - contemplating, and paying bills first. I spent $1200 on cigars between Black Friday and this past Tuesday. That makes me a dumbass. But I'm a professional dumbass.
Clearly, I'm an amateur.

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #241 on: January 20, 2017, 07:30:18 PM »

Lol. Step up your game, Tony.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #242 on: January 20, 2017, 07:34:23 PM »

Anyone had the Oliva Connecticut Reserve petite corona? Looking for a good, mild shorty.

Pulled on the V double robo tubos. Too good a deal, I thought.
that's the one with the handshake on the band, one of the better connies out there.
at least that's what mike or kirpal told me when i started.

Cool! 30 for about $54 with the discount. Not bad. My cigar spending is out of control. :) I keep telling myself I have enough!
I think he's passed his rookie entrance exam.
Pshaw. $54? That's preschool. To pass his rookie exam requires a $100 minimum order.

Pft. Had a couple of those between Black Friday and Christmas... :)  The Vs are on the way. Still contemplating the Oliva Connie reserves. Was going to order and then paid a bunch of other bills. Damn bills.   :-
More rookie mistakes - contemplating, and paying bills first. I spent $1200 on cigars between Black Friday and this past Tuesday. That makes me a dumbass. But I'm a professional dumbass.
Clearly, I'm an amateur.
Jokes aside, $190 of that went for gifts, and $40 of it was lighters. And I hadn't really bought any cigars to speak of in the previous 12 months.

That's how I justify it to myself, anyway.

shank

• Junior Status
  • Proud to be a BotL
« Reply #243 on: January 20, 2017, 07:40:17 PM »

Well that does sound reasonable, Raz. A $600 a month cigar habit might be a little excessive.  8)

sfish

« Reply #244 on: January 20, 2017, 07:43:20 PM »

Congrats on 20k Tony!

I'm not a big Oliva fan in general, nothing wrong with them they just don't do anything for me. That said I've really enjoyed the Melanios I've smoked, I think they are a great bit different from the core "V" line

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #245 on: January 20, 2017, 07:48:00 PM »

Well that does sound reasonable, Raz. A $600 a month cigar habit might be a little excessive.  8)
Indeed.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2017, 08:04:48 PM »

Congrats on 20k Tony!

I'm not a big Oliva fan in general, nothing wrong with them they just don't do anything for me. That said I've really enjoyed the Melanios I've smoked, I think they are a great bit different from the core "V" line
Thanks, buddy.

sfish

« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2017, 08:17:05 PM »

Congrats on 20k Tony!

Thanks, buddy.
Been dying for a smoke lately, just can't seem to get time for one. Hoping for tomorrow afternoon, supposed to be mild

Threebean

« Reply #248 on: January 20, 2017, 08:57:01 PM »

Congrats on 20k Tony!

Having just smoked a Melanio this evening I will agree. Smoother and more consistently rolled vs the regular V line.  Problem is it's tough to find a deal on the Melanio.  Too pricey, but that's a cheapy cheapo assessment. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #249 on: January 20, 2017, 09:02:28 PM »

Congrats on 20k Tony!

Thanks, buddy.
Been dying for a smoke lately, just can't seem to get time for one. Hoping for tomorrow afternoon, supposed to be mild
Friday's been getting here too soon. Between job hunting, studying, and honeydo projects I don't seem to have any time for smoking either. (Less than usual). I'm gonna make it my mission to get one in this weekend.

Threebean

« Reply #250 on: January 20, 2017, 09:22:45 PM »

Congrats on 20k Tony!

Thanks, buddy.
..... I'm gonna make it my mission to get one in this weekend.
TWSS

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #251 on: January 20, 2017, 09:29:23 PM »

Congrats on 20k Tony!

Thanks, buddy.
TWSS
Seems more like TWHwouldS.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #252 on: January 20, 2017, 09:40:55 PM »

Congrats on 20k Tony!

Thanks, buddy.
Friday's been getting here too soon. Between job hunting, studying, and honeydo projects I don't seem to have any time for smoking either. (Less than usual). I'm gonna make it my mission to get one in this weekend.
job hunting and studying, man I am clueless.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #253 on: January 20, 2017, 09:42:11 PM »

Congrats on 20k Tony!

Thanks, buddy.
TWSS
Seems more like TWHwouldS.
between work and weather, I ain't getting nothing in......or out!

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #254 on: January 20, 2017, 09:43:39 PM »

Ooooo I can feel it comming out!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18