CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: 11/14/2018  (Read 6725 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 11/14/2018
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2018, 02:01:02 PM »

From an article on advantages of having a beard......a non advantage..... :(

But Beards Have Been Linked With Dying Younger

It’s not all roses for bearded folk. One study found that infrequent shaving of facial hair was linked with early deaths from all causes, but most notably cardiovascular disease. Researchers suspect that this increased death risk is mainly due to lifestyle differences, because bearded men were more likely to be shorter, less likely to be married, had fewer orgasms, and were more prone to smoking. Still, there may be hormonal factors at play. So live it up while you can, bearded guys.

Wait a minute. How do orgasms come into play here?
How does any of it come into play? Sounds like they are having trouble with causation/correlation to me.
Basically short, single guys with beards that smoke (cigars) have less sex.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2018, 02:17:53 PM »

It’s not all roses for bearded folk. One study found that infrequent shaving of facial hair was linked with early deaths from all causes, but most notably cardiovascular disease. Researchers suspect that this increased death risk is mainly due to lifestyle differences, because bearded men were more likely to be shorter, less likely to be married, had fewer orgasms, and were more prone to smoking. Still, there may be hormonal factors at play. So live it up while you can, bearded guys.

How does any of it come into play? Sounds like they are having trouble with causation/correlation to me.
I would argue that almost any single guy most likely has sex less than a married guy (Tony excluded), short, tall, bearded or otherwise.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2018, 02:23:21 PM »

Time to hit the bricks. Off tomorrow to get ready for the trip, so my posts will likely be sporadic at best until I get back to work. Everyone enjoy the holiday, and I'll be speaking at you later. Hazzuh!

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2018, 02:57:30 PM »

mower DOA. right blade bearing housing completely broke and drive gear sitting at about 30° angle. 😡

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2018, 02:58:54 PM »

Well all of that's true. But what does it have to do with life expectancy?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2018, 03:00:50 PM »

I would argue that almost any single guy most likely has sex less than a married guy (Tony excluded), short, tall, bearded or otherwise.
I'd have to agree with you there too. Hmmm, I think we've got a quandary.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2018, 03:54:56 PM »

I'd question that.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2018, 04:21:25 PM »

I'd question that.
Me too. I read that wrong. I thought he was saying single guys get it more than married guys. I'm with you on this one, Dean.

Threebean

« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2018, 05:54:22 PM »

Evening boys. Changing planes in Charlotte. Looks like i stumbled upon a Dr Ruth discussion panel.  Sheesh. 

Threebean

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2018, 05:57:09 PM »

Flight was on time so having a beer and a burger.  Guy sitting next to me has been on the phone talking about his mother dying this morning.  He's drinking beer and downing raw oysters, so can't be too broken up about it.

Threebean

« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2018, 05:58:59 PM »

Or perhaps it's a karma moment reminding me to visit my 94 yr old mother soon in Arkansas. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2018, 06:28:15 PM »

Or perhaps it's a karma moment reminding me to visit my 94 yr old mother soon in Arkansas.
Don't wait too long.

Threebean

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2018, 06:56:00 PM »

Don't wait too long.
Indeed. 

Threebean

« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2018, 06:58:34 PM »

Flight was on time so having a beer and a burger.  Guy sitting next to me has been on the phone talking about his mother dying this morning.  He's drinking beer and downing raw oysters, so can't be too broken up about it.
Burger finally came 40 minutes into it, and it was cold and without the fries. WTF? Manager compted the while tab, but sheesh!  Not a good sign.

Threebean

« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2018, 07:00:04 PM »

And now the captain is announcing an ATC delayed departure for Newark. They can't handle the scheduled traffic.  That f'kn airport should just be razed.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7