CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: 1/13/2022  (Read 3263 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 1/13/2022
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2022, 11:02:02 AM »

Sis:

Door #1 - Alec Bradley Black Market Vandal Connecticut (Toro) - 10/59.99

Door #2 - 5 Vegas Cask-Strength Firkin (Gordo) - 10/34.99

Door #3 - La Perla Habana Black Pearl Original Double Toro (Gordo) - 10/39.99
At least they had the decency to offer a different vitola than Joe for door #2.
Still makes for a boring day of offerings. Just sayin'.
No question. Definitely could've mixed it up a bit. But you know, they're separate companies, so I guess they don't coordinate. ;)
Cigarpage has better offerings on a daily basis.
I buy from them too from time to time. In fact, probably more than CI. But since this banter was born of the one at CI and responsible for us meeting, I always feel a sense of obligation to report what they are offering. But of course, all cigar deals should be posted here.
Agreed that the Page usually has better offerings and prices, but I still wonder about them.  While they made big statements early on about being an alternative to CI, and how they were better in a variety of ways, they do carry CI exclusive cigars. Don't know how that works. Also a pretty significant presence  "out of the blue" in a competitive market is interesting. 
....not that I'm into conspiracies or anything like that.
I'm not sure I can answer that but I do know that some of the people that used to work for CI/C.com now work for the page.
Do I remember reading that some of them actually left CI/Ccom to start the Page?
Or does it mean that CigarPage is yet another sister organization? Being as they sell a lot of the CI exclusive brands, I tend to believe that more. It isn't likely that people leave a company to start their own and enter into an amicable deal to sell the original company's product.
I'm sure somewhere back along the track, they're all owned by the same company.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2022, 11:05:47 AM »

Sis:

No question. Definitely could've mixed it up a bit. But you know, they're separate companies, so I guess they don't coordinate. ;)
I buy from them too from time to time. In fact, probably more than CI. But since this banter was born of the one at CI and responsible for us meeting, I always feel a sense of obligation to report what they are offering. But of course, all cigar deals should be posted here.
Agreed that the Page usually has better offerings and prices, but I still wonder about them.  While they made big statements early on about being an alternative to CI, and how they were better in a variety of ways, they do carry CI exclusive cigars. Don't know how that works. Also a pretty significant presence  "out of the blue" in a competitive market is interesting. 
I'm not sure I can answer that but I do know that some of the people that used to work for CI/C.com now work for the page.
Do I remember reading that some of them actually left CI/Ccom to start the Page?
Or does it mean that CigarPage is yet another sister organization? Being as they sell a lot of the CI exclusive brands, I tend to believe that more. It isn't likely that people leave a company to start their own and enter into an amicable deal to sell the original company's product.
Speaking of the Page and Dave's list, I was looking through some of his selections, and it looks like you can get a 5er of the Room 101 Farce for $25, but 20 is $120. Whoever they work for, they're certainly hoping we're terrible at math.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2022, 11:25:37 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2022, 11:38:47 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page4Raz.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2022, 11:42:46 AM »

Sis:

I do not believe there is any affiliation.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2022, 11:43:26 AM »

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2022, 11:59:27 AM »

Over/Under for today is 7
Raz Over/Under is 10

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2022, 11:59:54 AM »

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2022, 12:00:18 PM »

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2022, 01:24:01 PM »

Quick post-lunch catch-up.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2022, 02:10:31 PM »

Sis:

Speaking of the Page and Dave's list, I was looking through some of his selections, and it looks like you can get a 5er of the Room 101 Farce for $25, but 20 is $120. Whoever they work for, they're certainly hoping we're terrible at math.
Buy more, save less?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2022, 02:11:09 PM »

Hola, Bret.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2022, 02:22:28 PM »

Sis:

Buy more, save less?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2022, 02:22:40 PM »

Hazzuh!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5