Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2017, 10:59:20 PM »

Wishing I could join the brothers at this year's CFest.  My friends EJ, NoVa Dave, and cousin-in-law Gene couldn't make it this year, so I'm holding out for next Year's 15th Anniversary. Have a great time those who are making it this year. Please report in with photos, if you can (thanks LTG Dave).

« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2017, 11:05:27 PM »

Hi everyone. Doing a drive by and read the earlier posts today. Dean, I hope your health problems are little ones, my friend. I'm truly sorry to hear about all the testing. I recently had to have the one finger salute up my address as well. Hang tough!
The cigar page is history for me. Was following the scorcher today while at a seminar and pressed the button on a box of monte whites for 51.98, only to get an email from customer disservice saying essentially "we fucked up and can't/won't honor the advertised price. Here's your money back and 5198 points." Why waste my time following their scorcher if they're not competent enough to post deals they'll honor. I'm not bitter, am I? Good nite everybody (mr. Mayor/ aka afoc)
That's both surprising and disappointing. Sorry you had to deal with that.

« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2017, 11:06:18 PM »

Evening guys, watching the Wizards finally pull it together and win over the Celtics.  Enjoying an RP Edge Corojo DC, sipping bourbon wearing my CigarFest 10th Anniversary hat (2013).
Hello, old friend. Been too long. Is it safe to say you're not making the trek to CF this year?

« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2017, 11:10:29 PM »

Wishing I could join the brothers at this year's CFest.  My friends EJ, NoVa Dave, and cousin-in-law Gene couldn't make it this year, so I'm holding out for next Year's 15th Anniversary. Have a great time those who are making it this year. Please report in with photos, if you can (thanks LTG Dave).

Oops. Didn't see this until after I posted. Charlie and I are taking the annual drive across to Lake Harmony on Saturday but we weren't able to get tickets. We'll probably just go to the Wooden Match to hang out for the day. Most of the guys are either there already or will be going tomorrow. Unfortunately, I couldn't go earlier. Regardless, it should be a great time as always.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2017, 11:13:09 PM »

Exclaimed on March 19, the last day of winter (St. Joseph's Day) that I had not been sick all winter.  The next day I woke up coughing like crazy, that went on for 10 days, with all of the symptoms of flu.  After a break, it returned at times.  So, I had to take a break from the banter for awhile.  Things have gotten busy meanwhile. A friend who has 3 businesses under one roof (publishing) asked me to help her out. Her assistant of 25 years retired and she was going to be going away for 3 weeks, so she trained me PT to trained me and then left me in charge for 3 weeks. She gets back late tonight & has been very happy with my work. After being "retired" for awhile, this put me back to work & gave me some confidence that I can learn new skills at my advanced age and can perform them at a level to please the boss. So, Tony, have courage hope something really good falls in your lap, if it hasn't already happened.

« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2017, 11:16:56 PM »

[...]
I'm starting a new job on Monday but I very much appreciate that. I'm excited about the opportunity.

Your gig sounds like fun too. Good for you. Hopefully you'll have some extra cigar money from it.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]