CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 12, 2022, 12:10:25 AM

Title: 1/12/2022
Post by: CigarBanter on January 12, 2022, 12:10:25 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 01:24:37 AM
Thought I'd put together a list of my favorite 2021 cigars.  I tried to go with new ones introduced rather than old favorites, but can't say these were all introduced in '21.  These aren't in any order, just 20 favorites.  For what its worth, here ya go.

Diesel Esteli Puro
Room 101 Breakfast in Portugal
AJ Fernandez Rosa de Guadalupe
Crowned Heads Four Kicks Capa Especial
Caldwell Hit and Run Part Deux
EP Carrillo Pledge
Sobremesa Brulee
Man O' War Valkyrie
Room101 FARCE
Southern Draw Jacob's Ladder Brimstone
The Tabernacle Havana Seed CT
Warped Chinchalle
RoMa Craft Baka
Crowned Heads Las Calaveras EL 2021
E.P. Carrillo The Retro Short Run
Southern Draw Quickdraw Connecticut
Black Works Studio Green Hornet
Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Box-Pressed Maduro
HVC Serie A Exclusivo
CLE 25TH Anniversary
Loved this. Thank you, Dave.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: bluecollar on January 12, 2022, 05:34:33 AM
Let's try this again.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 05:59:16 AM
Let's try this again.
Another day, another couple of dollars. Morning, humpers and humpees.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 06:01:36 AM
Hump Day Jam:

Padilla Dominus Double Robusto - 10/34.99
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 06:03:02 AM
Sis:

Door #1 - Oliva 10-Cigar Collection - 10/39.99

   Oliva 10-Cigar Sampler includes:

   2 - Oliva Serie 'G' Robusto (5.0" x 50)
   2 - Oliva Serie 'G' Maduro Robusto (5.0" x 50)
   2 - Oliva Serie 'O' Toro (6.0" x 50)
   2 - Oliva Connecticut Reserve Toro (6.0" x 50)
   2 - Oliva Master Blends III Toro (6.0" x 50)

Door #2 - LNF One Night Stand Colorado 2016 Robusto - 10/49.99

Door #3 - The Griffin's Robusto - 10/54.99
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 06:09:28 AM
Hump Day Jam:

Padilla Dominus Double Robusto - 10/34.99
Drew Estate Undercrown Shade Gran Toro - 5/25.50
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 06:24:21 AM
Good morning, Rick and Dave.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2022, 06:28:47 AM
good morning Tony, Rick, and Dave.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2022, 06:31:22 AM
@Rick - saw the steaks from last night. I grill year round too. and yes, I grilled year round when I lived in NY.
stay warm buddy. I hear the temperatures are going to be brutal today.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 06:32:01 AM
good morning Tony, Rick, and Dave.
Good morning, Deano.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2022, 06:33:34 AM
it's golf day. I get to try out my new clubs again. not bad on range the other day.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 06:47:01 AM
it's golf day. I get to try out my new clubs again. not bad on range the other day.
Are you playing best ball with the other 10 guys again?
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 06:49:40 AM
@Rick - saw the steaks from last night. I grill year round too. and yes, I grilled year round when I lived in NY.
stay warm buddy. I hear the temperatures are going to be brutal today.
Still very cold at the moment but we may reach above freezing today. Here's hopin'.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 06:55:51 AM
@Rick - saw the steaks from last night. I grill year round too. and yes, I grilled year round when I lived in NY.
stay warm buddy. I hear the temperatures are going to be brutal today.
Still very cold at the moment but we may reach above freezing today. Here's hopin'.
Same here, supposed to get all the way up to 37 today. I may have to pull the shorts back out of the dresser.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 06:56:07 AM
it's golf day. I get to try out my new clubs again. not bad on range the other day.
Morning, Deano. Best of luck with the new sticks.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 06:56:39 AM
Hump Day Jam:

Padilla Dominus Double Robusto - 10/34.99
Drew Estate Undercrown Shade Gran Toro - 5/25.50
Nub 10-Cigar Sampler

   This Nub sampler includes:
   3 - Nub Cameroon 460 (4" x 60)
   3 - Nub Connecticut 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Habano 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Maduro 460 (4" x 60)
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2022, 07:01:47 AM
it's golf day. I get to try out my new clubs again. not bad on range the other day.
Are you playing best ball with the other 10 guys again?
we have two back to back tee times at 12:29/12:35 but so far only 4 of us have committed to showing up so far out of 15.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2022, 07:05:07 AM
it's golf day. I get to try out my new clubs again. not bad on range the other day.
Morning, Deano. Best of luck with the new sticks.
thanks Dave. the club pro helped me fix my slice by strengthening my grip. still having balance issues with the achilles repair.
and I bought the irons from that site too. they should be here for Sunday golf. 18 holes of stroke play.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 07:12:58 AM
it's golf day. I get to try out my new clubs again. not bad on range the other day.
Morning, Deano. Best of luck with the new sticks.
thanks Dave. the club pro helped me fix my slice by strengthening my grip. still having balance issues with the achilles repair.
and I bought the irons from that site too. they should be here for Sunday golf. 18 holes of stroke play.
That's exciting stuff. Can't beat the optimism that comes with new clubs.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 07:15:25 AM
Thanks Dave. I appreciate your input. I may enter another list of some favorites.
Tony archive Dave's list please if and when you can.
@bluecollar - I did something similar to what I did for you. Now if you click on the globe near Travellin Dave's post (or his website link in Tapatalk) you are brought to his list.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2022, 07:16:22 AM
it's golf day. I get to try out my new clubs again. not bad on range the other day.
Morning, Deano. Best of luck with the new sticks.
thanks Dave. the club pro helped me fix my slice by strengthening my grip. still having balance issues with the achilles repair.
and I bought the irons from that site too. they should be here for Sunday golf. 18 holes of stroke play.
That's exciting stuff. Can't beat the optimism that comes with new clubs.
I got an offer I couldn't refuse. after getting the driver/3 wood, then buying the three hybrids, and asking about modifying the set of irons, they offered the irons discounted to a complete package deal. it was a no brainer even for a cheap skate like me.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: bluecollar on January 12, 2022, 07:20:07 AM
@Rick - saw the steaks from last night. I grill year round too. and yes, I grilled year round when I lived in NY.
stay warm buddy. I hear the temperatures are going to be brutal today.
That was yesterday. Today is not so bad. This weekend it dips again.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: bluecollar on January 12, 2022, 07:21:10 AM
Thanks Dave. I appreciate your input. I may enter another list of some favorites.
Tony archive Dave's list please if and when you can.
@bluecollar - I did something similar to what I did for you. Now if you click on the globe near Travellin Dave's post (or his website link in Tapatalk) you are brought to his list.
That is awesome. Thanks Tony!
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: bluecollar on January 12, 2022, 07:21:57 AM
Good morning Tony Dave and Dean.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/weather/buffalo-bills-playoff-game-will-be-one-of-the-coldest-games-ever-in-orchard-park-highmark-stadium/71-9e041aa4-3e06-4421-9cfd-37f04a857ae0
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 07:26:41 AM
it's golf day. I get to try out my new clubs again. not bad on range the other day.
Morning, Deano. Best of luck with the new sticks.
thanks Dave. the club pro helped me fix my slice by strengthening my grip. still having balance issues with the achilles repair.
and I bought the irons from that site too. they should be here for Sunday golf. 18 holes of stroke play.
That's exciting stuff. Can't beat the optimism that comes with new clubs.
I got an offer I couldn't refuse. after getting the driver/3 wood, then buying the three hybrids, and asking about modifying the set of irons, they offered the irons discounted to a complete package deal. it was a no brainer even for a cheap skate like me.
Good stuff. And you're helping stimulate the economy! :D
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2022, 07:27:10 AM
@LTG - those ODIN golf balls 'you can afford to lose'? I was not impressed. felt very hard. I tried the Pinnacle Soft. much better feel and easier on my hands. still wish they'd bring back the Titleist SoLo. I loved those.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2022, 07:28:38 AM
@Rick - saw the steaks from last night. I grill year round too. and yes, I grilled year round when I lived in NY.
stay warm buddy. I hear the temperatures are going to be brutal today.
That was yesterday. Today is not so bad. This weekend it dips again.
well if it makes you feel any better it's 46° here right now.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2022, 07:36:24 AM
Good morning Tony Dave and Dean.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/weather/buffalo-bills-playoff-game-will-be-one-of-the-coldest-games-ever-in-orchard-park-highmark-stadium/71-9e041aa4-3e06-4421-9cfd-37f04a857ae0
sure glad that if I was interested in watching the NFL that I can do so from the warmth and comfort of my couch. 🤣 that's just too damb cold to do just about anything!
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 07:54:39 AM
Good morning Tony Dave and Dean.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/weather/buffalo-bills-playoff-game-will-be-one-of-the-coldest-games-ever-in-orchard-park-highmark-stadium/71-9e041aa4-3e06-4421-9cfd-37f04a857ae0
I'm literally shivering while reading that.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 08:37:45 AM
@LTG - those ODIN golf balls 'you can afford to lose'? I was not impressed. felt very hard. I tried the Pinnacle Soft. much better feel and easier on my hands. still wish they'd bring back the Titleist SoLo. I loved those.
Good stuff, I was actually just going to ask you about those. Though, I love my Titleist Velocitys, so little chance of me switching anyways.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 08:39:14 AM
Hump Day Jam:

Padilla Dominus Double Robusto - 10/34.99
Drew Estate Undercrown Shade Gran Toro - 5/25.50
Nub 10-Cigar Sampler

   This Nub sampler includes:
   3 - Nub Cameroon 460 (4" x 60)
   3 - Nub Connecticut 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Habano 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Maduro 460 (4" x 60)
Macanudo Inspirado White Robusto - 5/19.99
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2022, 09:00:06 AM
@LTG - those ODIN golf balls 'you can afford to lose'? I was not impressed. felt very hard. I tried the Pinnacle Soft. much better feel and easier on my hands. still wish they'd bring back the Titleist SoLo. I loved those.
Good stuff, I was actually just going to ask you about those. Though, I love my Titleist Velocitys, so little chance of me switching anyways.
with my RA my hands and wrists appreciate a lower compression golfball. I have to be really careful when taking a divot too.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 09:02:16 AM
@LTG - those ODIN golf balls 'you can afford to lose'? I was not impressed. felt very hard. I tried the Pinnacle Soft. much better feel and easier on my hands. still wish they'd bring back the Titleist SoLo. I loved those.
Good stuff, I was actually just going to ask you about those. Though, I love my Titleist Velocitys, so little chance of me switching anyways.
with my RA my hands and wrists appreciate a lower compression golfball. I have to be really careful when taking a divot too.
Makes sense. Sometimes, that first tee shot on a chilly morning is a real wake-up call.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2022, 09:03:23 AM
cigar line up for golf:
La Palina Blue, La Palina Nicaraguan Oscuro, and a Cuba Aliados Limitado.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 09:05:47 AM
Plumbers are here and apparently, the galvanized steel pipe in the wall needs to be replaced. So they're cutting into the wall to get at it and fix it up. Good thing I was thinking about repainting that room anyways. Lol
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 09:06:25 AM
cigar line up for golf:
La Palina Blue, La Palina Nicaraguan Oscuro, and a Cuba Aliados Limitado.
That'll do. With cigars and golf, it's hard to go wrong regardless of the choice.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 09:17:31 AM
Hump Day Jam:

Padilla Dominus Double Robusto - 10/34.99
Drew Estate Undercrown Shade Gran Toro - 5/25.50
Nub 10-Cigar Sampler

   This Nub sampler includes:
   3 - Nub Cameroon 460 (4" x 60)
   3 - Nub Connecticut 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Habano 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Maduro 460 (4" x 60)
Macanudo Inspirado White Robusto - 5/19.99
Graycliff 1666 Toro - 10/37.50
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 09:35:54 AM
Hump Day Jam:

Padilla Dominus Double Robusto - 10/34.99
Drew Estate Undercrown Shade Gran Toro - 5/25.50
Nub 10-Cigar Sampler

   This Nub sampler includes:
   3 - Nub Cameroon 460 (4" x 60)
   3 - Nub Connecticut 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Habano 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Maduro 460 (4" x 60)
Macanudo Inspirado White Robusto - 5/19.99
Graycliff 1666 Toro - 10/37.50
Rockwell Incline Triple Torch - Gun Metal - 9.99
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2022, 09:44:05 AM
Plumbers are here and apparently, the galvanized steel pipe in the wall needs to be replaced. So they're cutting into the wall to get at it and fix it up. Good thing I was thinking about repainting that room anyways. Lol
will they fix the wall when done or will you need a carpenter, or DIY?
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 09:50:11 AM
Plumbers are here and apparently, the galvanized steel pipe in the wall needs to be replaced. So they're cutting into the wall to get at it and fix it up. Good thing I was thinking about repainting that room anyways. Lol
will they fix the wall when done or will you need a carpenter, or DIY?
They won't fix the wall. I'll take a look at how bad it is when they're done, but I'll probably just do it myself with a bit of drywall and some plaster tape.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 10:12:34 AM
Hump Day Jam:

Padilla Dominus Double Robusto - 10/34.99
Drew Estate Undercrown Shade Gran Toro - 5/25.50
Nub 10-Cigar Sampler

   This Nub sampler includes:
   3 - Nub Cameroon 460 (4" x 60)
   3 - Nub Connecticut 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Habano 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Maduro 460 (4" x 60)
Macanudo Inspirado White Robusto - 5/19.99
Graycliff 1666 Toro - 10/37.50
Rockwell Incline Triple Torch - Gun Metal - 9.99
Man O' War Abomination Toro - 5/29.99
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 10:12:52 AM
Plumbers are here and apparently, the galvanized steel pipe in the wall needs to be replaced. So they're cutting into the wall to get at it and fix it up. Good thing I was thinking about repainting that room anyways. Lol
will they fix the wall when done or will you need a carpenter, or DIY?
They won't fix the wall. I'll take a look at how bad it is when they're done, but I'll probably just do it myself with a bit of drywall and some plaster tape.
I had the GC here yesterday. I have a similar problem in my first floor powder room but we're planning about $50K worth of work so that part of it is a literal drop in the bucket.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2022, 10:21:19 AM
Good morning my frosty friends.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2022, 10:23:39 AM
Hump Day Jam:

Padilla Dominus Double Robusto - 10/34.99
Drew Estate Undercrown Shade Gran Toro - 5/25.50
Nub 10-Cigar Sampler

   This Nub sampler includes:
   3 - Nub Cameroon 460 (4" x 60)
   3 - Nub Connecticut 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Habano 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Maduro 460 (4" x 60)
Macanudo Inspirado White Robusto - 5/19.99
Graycliff 1666 Toro - 10/37.50
Rockwell Incline Triple Torch - Gun Metal - 9.99
Man O' War Abomination Toro - 5/29.99
Nice cigar.  $6.00 cigar?  don't think so.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 10:25:28 AM
Plumbers are here and apparently, the galvanized steel pipe in the wall needs to be replaced. So they're cutting into the wall to get at it and fix it up. Good thing I was thinking about repainting that room anyways. Lol
will they fix the wall when done or will you need a carpenter, or DIY?
They won't fix the wall. I'll take a look at how bad it is when they're done, but I'll probably just do it myself with a bit of drywall and some plaster tape.
I had the GC here yesterday. I have a similar problem in my first floor powder room but we're planning about $50K worth of work so that part of it is a literal drop in the bucket.
I think I heard my wallet gasp just seeing that number.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 10:26:05 AM
Good morning my frosty friends.
Morning, NotSoFrostyDave.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 10:26:32 AM
Hump Day Jam:

Padilla Dominus Double Robusto - 10/34.99
Drew Estate Undercrown Shade Gran Toro - 5/25.50
Nub 10-Cigar Sampler

   This Nub sampler includes:
   3 - Nub Cameroon 460 (4" x 60)
   3 - Nub Connecticut 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Habano 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Maduro 460 (4" x 60)
Macanudo Inspirado White Robusto - 5/19.99
Graycliff 1666 Toro - 10/37.50
Rockwell Incline Triple Torch - Gun Metal - 9.99
Man O' War Abomination Toro - 5/29.99
Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Toro - 10/49.99
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2022, 10:28:40 AM
Today is Wednesday, Jan. 12, the 12th day of 2022.
There are 353 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Jan. 12, 1959, Berry Gordy Jr. founded Motown Records (originally Tamla Records) in Detroit.

On this date:

In 1828, the United States and Mexico signed a Treaty of Limits defining the boundary between the two countries to be the same as the one established by an 1819 treaty between the U.S. and Spain.

In 1910, at a White House dinner hosted by President William Howard Taft, Baroness Rosen, wife of the Russian ambassador, caused a stir by requesting and smoking a cigarette — it was, apparently, the first time a woman had smoked openly during a public function in the executive mansion. (Some of the other women present who had brought their own cigarettes began lighting up in turn.)

In 1915, the U.S. House of Representatives rejected, 204-174, a proposed constitutional amendment to give women nationwide the right to vote.

In 1932, Hattie W. Caraway became the first woman elected to the U.S. Senate after initially being appointed to serve out the remainder of the term of her late husband, Thaddeus.

In 1945, during World War II, Soviet forces began a major, successful offensive against the Germans in Eastern Europe. Aircraft from U.S. Task Force 38 sank about 40 Japanese ships off Indochina.

In 1948, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Sipuel v. Board of Regents of University of Oklahoma, unanimously ruled that state law schools could not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race.

In 1966, President Lyndon B. Johnson said in his State of the Union address that the U.S. military should stay in Vietnam until Communist aggression there was stopped. The TV series “Batman,” starring Adam West and Burt Ward as the Dynamic Duo, premiered on ABC.

In 1969, the New York Jets of the American Football League upset the Baltimore Colts of the National Football League 16-7 in Super Bowl III, played at the Orange Bowl in Miami.

In 1971, the groundbreaking situation comedy “All in the Family” premiered on CBS television.

In 2000, in a 5-4 decision, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Illinois v. Wardlow, gave police broad authority to stop and question people who run at the sight of an officer.

In 2010, Haiti was struck by a magnitude-7 earthquake; the Haitian government said 316,000 people were killed, while a report prepared for the U.S. Agency for International Development suggested the death toll may have been between 46,000 and 85,000.

In 2016, Iran detained 10 American sailors and their two small Navy boats after the boats drifted into Iranian waters; the sailors and their vessels were released the following day.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2022, 10:29:33 AM

Ten years ago: Pentagon leaders scrambled to contain damage from an Internet video purporting to show four Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. (The Marine Corps announced in August 2012 that three Marines had received administrative punishments in connection with this incident.)

Five years ago: In yet another aftershock from the chaotic presidential campaign, the Justice Department inspector general opened an investigation into department and FBI actions before the election, including whether FBI Director James Comey followed established policies in the email investigation of Hillary Clinton. President Barack Obama ended the longstanding “wet foot, dry foot” immigration policy that allowed any Cuban who made it to U.S. soil to stay and become a legal resident.

One year ago: The House voted to urge Vice President Mike Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment to the Constitution and hold a Cabinet vote to remove President Donald Trump from office; it was a symbolic action after Pence had already said he would not do so. Amid worry about renewed violence on Inauguration Day, the military’s top leaders issued a written reminder to service members that the deadly insurrection at the Capitol was an anti-democratic, criminal act, and that the right to free speech gives no one the right to commit violence. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said anyone flying to the United States would soon need to show proof of a negative test for COVID-19.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2022, 10:32:18 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

The Amazing Kreskin is 87.
Country singer William Lee Golden (The Oak Ridge Boys) is 83.
Actor Anthony Andrews is 74.
Movie director Wayne Wang is 73.
Actor Kirstie Alley is 71.
Legal affairs blogger Ann Althouse is 71.
Writer Walter Mosley is 70.
Country singer Ricky Van Shelton is 70.
Radio-TV personality Howard Stern is 68.
Writer-producer-director John Lasseter is 65.
Broadcast journalist Christiane Amanpour is 64.
Actor Oliver Platt is 62.
Basketball Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins is 62.
Entrepreneur Jeff Bezos is 58.
Rock singer Rob Zombie is 57.
Actor Olivier Martinez is 56.
Model Vendela is 55.
Actor Farrah Forke is 54.
Actor Rachael Harris is 54.
Rock singer Zack de la Rocha is 52.
Rapper Raekwon (Wu Tang Clan) is 52.
Actor Zabryna Guevara is 50.
Singer Dan Haseltine (Jars of Clay) is 49.
Singer Melanie Chisholm (Spice Girls) is 48.
Contemporary Christian singer Jeremy Camp is 44.
Actor Cynthia Addai-Robinson is 42.
R&B singer Amerie is 42.
Actor Issa Rae is 37.
Actor Will Rothhaar is 35.
Actor Andrew Lawrence is 34.
Rock singer ZAYN is 29.
Pop/soul singer Ella Henderson (TV: “The X Factor”) is 26.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2022, 10:32:51 AM
Over / Under for today is 8
Raz Over/Under is 11
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2022, 10:34:45 AM
Good morning my frosty friends.
Morning, NotSoFrostyDave.
Not so fast....Headline in todays paper...."Snowstorm possible this weekend...."
(looking at the possiblity of up to an inch of snow!)
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 10:36:22 AM
Good morning my frosty friends.
Morning, NotSoFrostyDave.
Not so fast....Headline in todays paper...."Snowstorm possible this weekend...."
(looking at the possiblity of up to an inch of snow!)
I stand corrected!
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 10:36:44 AM
Plumbers came back with the part they went to get, and it's the wrong size. Back out they go! :D
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 10:47:08 AM
Over / Under for today is 8
Raz Over/Under is 11
7
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: razgueado on January 12, 2022, 10:47:51 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 10:50:43 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page4Raz.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: razgueado on January 12, 2022, 10:53:55 AM
Over / Under for today is 8
Raz Over/Under is 11
11. Barely. Took me a minute to remember who Oliver Platt was.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 10:58:08 AM
2-4 added:

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/top25/2021?utm_campaign=ca_top25_011222&utm_source=ca_top25_011222&utm_medium=email&utm_content=13682e8a9fad83e716676d10e8679c8a
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2022, 11:07:06 AM
morning NewsDave and Bret.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2022, 11:08:15 AM
Plumbers are here and apparently, the galvanized steel pipe in the wall needs to be replaced. So they're cutting into the wall to get at it and fix it up. Good thing I was thinking about repainting that room anyways. Lol
will they fix the wall when done or will you need a carpenter, or DIY?
They won't fix the wall. I'll take a look at how bad it is when they're done, but I'll probably just do it myself with a bit of drywall and some plaster tape.
I had the GC here yesterday. I have a similar problem in my first floor powder room but we're planning about $50K worth of work so that part of it is a literal drop in the bucket.
damn. Rick could buy a new pick up for that!
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2022, 11:08:58 AM
off to the bank and then the golf course. later guys.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 11:19:05 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

The Amazing Kreskin is 87.
Country singer William Lee Golden (The Oak Ridge Boys) is 83.
Actor Anthony Andrews is 74.
Movie director Wayne Wang is 73.
Actor Kirstie Alley is 71.
Legal affairs blogger Ann Althouse is 71.
Writer Walter Mosley is 70.
Country singer Ricky Van Shelton is 70.
Radio-TV personality Howard Stern is 68.
Writer-producer-director John Lasseter is 65.
Broadcast journalist Christiane Amanpour is 64.
Actor Oliver Platt is 62.
Basketball Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins is 62.
Entrepreneur Jeff Bezos is 58.
Rock singer Rob Zombie is 57.
Actor Olivier Martinez is 56.
Model Vendela is 55.
Actor Farrah Forke is 54.
Actor Rachael Harris is 54.
Rock singer Zack de la Rocha is 52.
Rapper Raekwon (Wu Tang Clan) is 52.
Banterer Anthony Scarpa is 50.
Actor Zabryna Guevara is 50.
Singer Dan Haseltine (Jars of Clay) is 49.
Singer Melanie Chisholm (Spice Girls) is 48.
Contemporary Christian singer Jeremy Camp is 44.
Actor Cynthia Addai-Robinson is 42.
R&B singer Amerie is 42.
Actor Issa Rae is 37.
Actor Will Rothhaar is 35.
Actor Andrew Lawrence is 34.
Rock singer ZAYN is 29.
Pop/soul singer Ella Henderson (TV: “The X Factor”) is 26.
12!
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 11:21:46 AM
12!
Would have been 13 but Rush Limbaugh fell off the list this year.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: razgueado on January 12, 2022, 11:22:29 AM
morning NewsDave and Bret.
Morning, FloriDean.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 11:26:44 AM
[...]

Well, how do you like that? Happy birthday, mayor! And a milestone one to boot.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 11:34:34 AM
Well, how do you like that? Happy birthday, mayor! And a milestone one to boot.
GrassyAss!
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2022, 11:34:55 AM
Plumbers came back with the part they went to get, and it's the wrong size. Back out they go! :D
Charging by the hour?
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 11:37:52 AM
Plumbers came back with the part they went to get, and it's the wrong size. Back out they go! :D
Charging by the hour?
Lol. They only charged me for the part, not the trips to get it. $468 and one big hole in the wall later and I'm all squared away.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 11:44:27 AM
Hump Day Jam:

Padilla Dominus Double Robusto - 10/34.99
Drew Estate Undercrown Shade Gran Toro - 5/25.50
Nub 10-Cigar Sampler

   This Nub sampler includes:
   3 - Nub Cameroon 460 (4" x 60)
   3 - Nub Connecticut 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Habano 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Maduro 460 (4" x 60)
Macanudo Inspirado White Robusto - 5/19.99
Graycliff 1666 Toro - 10/37.50
Rockwell Incline Triple Torch - Gun Metal - 9.99
Man O' War Abomination Toro - 5/29.99
Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Toro - 10/49.99
Victor Sinclair Bullshit Sampler - 20/49.99

   The Victor Sinclair Bullshit Sampler Includes:
   20 - Who The Fuck Cares
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: razgueado on January 12, 2022, 11:45:47 AM
[...]

Feliz cumpleanos, Senor Alcalde.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 11:58:20 AM
Hump Day Jam:

Padilla Dominus Double Robusto - 10/34.99
Drew Estate Undercrown Shade Gran Toro - 5/25.50
Nub 10-Cigar Sampler

   This Nub sampler includes:
   3 - Nub Cameroon 460 (4" x 60)
   3 - Nub Connecticut 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Habano 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Maduro 460 (4" x 60)
Macanudo Inspirado White Robusto - 5/19.99
Graycliff 1666 Toro - 10/37.50
Rockwell Incline Triple Torch - Gun Metal - 9.99
Man O' War Abomination Toro - 5/29.99
Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Toro - 10/49.99
Victor Sinclair Bullshit Sampler - 20/49.99

   The Victor Sinclair Bullshit Sampler Includes:
   20 - Who The Fuck Cares
Hoyo Epicure Seleccion No.2 - 10/39.99
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 01:07:04 PM
Plumbers came back with the part they went to get, and it's the wrong size. Back out they go! :D
Charging by the hour?
Lol. They only charged me for the part, not the trips to get it. $468 and one big hole in the wall later and I'm all squared away.
That's not too bad. Definitely could have been worse.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 01:09:19 PM
Plumbers came back with the part they went to get, and it's the wrong size. Back out they go! :D
Charging by the hour?
Lol. They only charged me for the part, not the trips to get it. $468 and one big hole in the wall later and I'm all squared away.
That's not too bad. Definitely could have been worse.
That was my thought as well. I'm sure they gave me a bit of a discount since I'm friends with the boss.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 01:10:04 PM
Hump Day Jam:

Padilla Dominus Double Robusto - 10/34.99
Drew Estate Undercrown Shade Gran Toro - 5/25.50
Nub 10-Cigar Sampler

   This Nub sampler includes:
   3 - Nub Cameroon 460 (4" x 60)
   3 - Nub Connecticut 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Habano 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Maduro 460 (4" x 60)
Macanudo Inspirado White Robusto - 5/19.99
Graycliff 1666 Toro - 10/37.50
Rockwell Incline Triple Torch - Gun Metal - 9.99
Man O' War Abomination Toro - 5/29.99
Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Toro - 10/49.99
Victor Sinclair Bullshit Sampler - 20/49.99

   The Victor Sinclair Bullshit Sampler Includes:
   20 - Who The Fuck Cares
Hoyo Epicure Seleccion No.2 - 10/39.99
CAO Black Gothic (torpedo) - 10/37.50
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2022, 01:31:20 PM
Plumbers came back with the part they went to get, and it's the wrong size. Back out they go! :D
Charging by the hour?
Lol. They only charged me for the part, not the trips to get it. $468 and one big hole in the wall later and I'm all squared away.
That's not too bad. Definitely could have been worse.
That was my thought as well. I'm sure they gave me a bit of a discount since I'm friends with the boss.
Flo has a plumbing business too?
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 01:34:13 PM
Plumbers came back with the part they went to get, and it's the wrong size. Back out they go! :D
Charging by the hour?
Lol. They only charged me for the part, not the trips to get it. $468 and one big hole in the wall later and I'm all squared away.
That's not too bad. Definitely could have been worse.
That was my thought as well. I'm sure they gave me a bit of a discount since I'm friends with the boss.
Flo has a plumbing business too?
CNS
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 01:34:36 PM
Hump Day Jam:

Padilla Dominus Double Robusto - 10/34.99
Drew Estate Undercrown Shade Gran Toro - 5/25.50
Nub 10-Cigar Sampler

   This Nub sampler includes:
   3 - Nub Cameroon 460 (4" x 60)
   3 - Nub Connecticut 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Habano 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Maduro 460 (4" x 60)
Macanudo Inspirado White Robusto - 5/19.99
Graycliff 1666 Toro - 10/37.50
Rockwell Incline Triple Torch - Gun Metal - 9.99
Man O' War Abomination Toro - 5/29.99
Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Toro - 10/49.99
Victor Sinclair Bullshit Sampler - 20/49.99

   The Victor Sinclair Bullshit Sampler Includes:
   20 - Who The Fuck Cares
Hoyo Epicure Seleccion No.2 - 10/39.99
CAO Black Gothic (torpedo) - 10/37.50
AVO Travel Case & Growler Combo - 22.50
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: bluecollar on January 12, 2022, 01:55:56 PM
off to the bank and then the golf course. later guys.
Hit em straight. Have fun
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: bluecollar on January 12, 2022, 01:57:35 PM
Happy birthday Tony
Hope you have a great day
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 01:59:07 PM
Hump Day Jam:

Padilla Dominus Double Robusto - 10/34.99
Drew Estate Undercrown Shade Gran Toro - 5/25.50
Nub 10-Cigar Sampler

   This Nub sampler includes:
   3 - Nub Cameroon 460 (4" x 60)
   3 - Nub Connecticut 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Habano 460 (4" x 60)
   2 - Nub Maduro 460 (4" x 60)
Macanudo Inspirado White Robusto - 5/19.99
Graycliff 1666 Toro - 10/37.50
Rockwell Incline Triple Torch - Gun Metal - 9.99
Man O' War Abomination Toro - 5/29.99
Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Toro - 10/49.99
Victor Sinclair Bullshit Sampler - 20/49.99

   The Victor Sinclair Bullshit Sampler Includes:
   20 - Who The Fuck Cares
Hoyo Epicure Seleccion No.2 - 10/39.99
CAO Black Gothic (torpedo) - 10/37.50
AVO Travel Case & Growler Combo - 22.50
Ortega Cubao Toro - 10/29.99
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: bluecollar on January 12, 2022, 02:00:07 PM
Plumbers came back with the part they went to get, and it's the wrong size. Back out they go! :D
Charging by the hour?
Lol. They only charged me for the part, not the trips to get it. $468 and one big hole in the wall later and I'm all squared away.
That could have been worse. Maybe now the wife will want to remodel?
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: bluecollar on January 12, 2022, 02:01:31 PM
Long day for me but one foot in front of the other.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 02:12:30 PM
[...]

Lo agradezco mucho.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 02:21:49 PM
Plumbers came back with the part they went to get, and it's the wrong size. Back out they go! :D
Charging by the hour?
Lol. They only charged me for the part, not the trips to get it. $468 and one big hole in the wall later and I'm all squared away.
That could have been worse. Maybe now the wife will want to remodel?
I have no desire for a remodel, but a new coat of paint would be lovely.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2022, 02:21:58 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 02:22:36 PM
Happy birthday Tony
Hope you have a great day
Thanks, brother.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 02:23:40 PM
Hazzuh!
Take care, Dave. Have a nice evening.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2022, 03:39:32 PM
well. Happy Birthday Tony. 🎉
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2022, 03:57:21 PM
very happy with the clubs so far. a bit longer distances and the few mis-hits weren't too bad. irons should be in tomorrow. 😊
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2022, 06:19:34 PM
do I have the same Banter?
sheesh.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 06:33:40 PM
do I have the same Banter?
sheesh.
You have the right one but most drop off in the evenings. Thanks for the birthday wishes, Dean.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: bluecollar on January 12, 2022, 07:51:51 PM
do I have the same Banter?
sheesh.
You have the right one but most drop off in the evenings. Thanks for the birthday wishes, Dean.
Have 2 fingers neat and a fine smoke. You deserve it birthday brother
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: bluecollar on January 12, 2022, 07:53:23 PM
I can't remember what the original taste like but AJ did a good job with these(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220113/d833b8e510bc3b33b4e90858ed432f53.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 10:17:33 PM
I can't remember what the original taste like but AJ did a good job with these(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220113/d833b8e510bc3b33b4e90858ed432f53.jpg)
I haven't had AJ's but I believe the originals were made by My Father (Pepin) and were also very good.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 10:32:04 PM
do I have the same Banter?
sheesh.
You have the right one but most drop off in the evenings. Thanks for the birthday wishes, Dean.
Have 2 fingers neat and a fine smoke. You deserve it birthday brother
Just got home and we're about to cut a cake. Cigar won't happen tonight but I'll pour myself a 10 year aged Rip Van Winkle.
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2022, 10:44:22 PM
do I have the same Banter?
sheesh.
You have the right one but most drop off in the evenings. Thanks for the birthday wishes, Dean.
Have 2 fingers neat and a fine smoke. You deserve it birthday brother
Just got home and we're about to cut a cake. Cigar won't happen tonight but I'll pour myself a 10 year aged Rip Van Winkle.
Not too shabby an option.  HB Tony!
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 10:46:34 PM
do I have the same Banter?
sheesh.
You have the right one but most drop off in the evenings. Thanks for the birthday wishes, Dean.
Have 2 fingers neat and a fine smoke. You deserve it birthday brother
Just got home and we're about to cut a cake. Cigar won't happen tonight but I'll pour myself a 10 year aged Rip Van Winkle.
Not too shabby an option.  HB Tony!
Thanks, Dave. Went with 9 year aged Knob Creek Small Batch instead.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220113/f98f44f0a161b5e7e18df89f5e2dc415.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/12/2022
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2022, 10:55:11 PM
do I have the same Banter?
sheesh.
You have the right one but most drop off in the evenings. Thanks for the birthday wishes, Dean.
Have 2 fingers neat and a fine smoke. You deserve it birthday brother
Just got home and we're about to cut a cake. Cigar won't happen tonight but I'll pour myself a 10 year aged Rip Van Winkle.
Not too shabby an option.  HB Tony!
Thanks, Dave. Went with 9 year aged Knob Creek Small Batch instead.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220113/f98f44f0a161b5e7e18df89f5e2dc415.jpg)
I was also thinking about opening the Woodford Reserve Double Oaked or the Basil Hayden Toast but I'm very happy with my choice.