CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: 1/11/2022  (Read 3957 times)

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
Re: 1/11/2022
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2022, 12:44:06 PM »

Good afternoon Clemson Dave and Raz. I had a busy morning. Boiler went down last night and caught it this morning. Some air handlers went off on freeze stat. Resolved but won't know if there is a true leak until above 32.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2022, 12:51:17 PM »

Over/Under for today is 3
Raz Over/Under is 6
3. You are really good at this.
Yeah, it's kinda scary how accurate he is. 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2022, 12:51:58 PM »

good morning Rick and Tony. I feel bad because I had to close my windows this morning and turn the heat on. 48° going into the mid 60's. at least I have nothing to shovel.
Do you really feel bad? Good morning, Dean.
No he doesn't. He loves it
And rightfully so, I'd feel the same way in his position.
I would tell you to GFY in his same position.
And it would be well earned. And I'd go enjoy your hate with a dip in the hot tub. Lol
The heat doesn't work so well in the downstairs powder room. I swear I was pissing icicles.
I don't usually have the heating vent open in that one, cause the rest of the basement warms it enough, but I have it open with the door closed now, hoping the warmth will help dry out the water that got behind the walls. Access panel open with the heat going should do the trick. Plumber friend of mine is coming by tomorrow morning.
Source still not found? Could it be a grout/caulk issue?
Oh no, I know the source, it's the sink drain in the wall in the upstairs bathroom, which is right above the downstairs one. I tried tightening the clamp back there, but that didn't help. Taking it apart and fixing it, especially being back behind the wall, is above my pay grade, so I'm happy to call in the pro.
Right where the drain for the sink connects to the pipe that runs down then out of the house is where the issue is.
So it's not even clean water. Ugh!
Anything to make it just a little more gross! :D
If I had it all to do again, I might have become an electrician. Don't have the stomach for plumbing. I also think that if you are good, either of these professions are recession-proof.
Should have went into HVAC. You have to know electrical and plumbing. I get into both in my trade. I can do quite a bit at home and job but I'm not killing it money wise.
That's normal unless you are working for yourself. But the benefits are great the way you're doing it.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2022, 12:52:49 PM »

Good afternoon Clemson Dave and Raz. I had a busy morning. Boiler went down last night and caught it this morning. Some air handlers went off on freeze stat. Resolved but won't know if there is a true leak until above 32.
So March?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2022, 01:24:15 PM »

So March?
The optimist of the group.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2022, 02:03:56 PM »

good morning Rick and Tony. I feel bad because I had to close my windows this morning and turn the heat on. 48° going into the mid 60's. at least I have nothing to shovel.
Do you really feel bad? Good morning, Dean.
No he doesn't. He loves it
And rightfully so, I'd feel the same way in his position.
I would tell you to GFY in his same position.
And it would be well earned. And I'd go enjoy your hate with a dip in the hot tub. Lol
The heat doesn't work so well in the downstairs powder room. I swear I was pissing icicles.
I don't usually have the heating vent open in that one, cause the rest of the basement warms it enough, but I have it open with the door closed now, hoping the warmth will help dry out the water that got behind the walls. Access panel open with the heat going should do the trick. Plumber friend of mine is coming by tomorrow morning.
Source still not found? Could it be a grout/caulk issue?
Oh no, I know the source, it's the sink drain in the wall in the upstairs bathroom, which is right above the downstairs one. I tried tightening the clamp back there, but that didn't help. Taking it apart and fixing it, especially being back behind the wall, is above my pay grade, so I'm happy to call in the pro.
Right where the drain for the sink connects to the pipe that runs down then out of the house is where the issue is.
So it's not even clean water. Ugh!
Anything to make it just a little more gross! :D
If I had it all to do again, I might have become an electrician. Don't have the stomach for plumbing. I also think that if you are good, either of these professions are recession-proof.
Should have went into HVAC. You have to know electrical and plumbing. I get into both in my trade. I can do quite a bit at home and job but I'm not killing it money wise.
That's normal unless you are working for yourself. But the benefits are great the way you're doing it.
It's getting tougher to be a working man these days

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2022, 02:05:31 PM »

So March?
The optimist of the group.
Yes he is. Always an optimist

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2022, 02:08:33 PM »

Twelves next two days. So I cut out early to take care of some things but first......

These are from Mrs Claus

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2022, 02:20:38 PM »

Getting to be about that time. Hazzuh!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2022, 02:22:10 PM »

Second sample from Dunbarton Stillwell Star was English #27 yesterday.  Burned and smoked well, but aroma and taste didn't match the #1.

Bayou #32 up later today.  Biggest problem with these is if I do take a liking, they are apparently one and done and mostly sold out already.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2022, 02:23:58 PM »

Second sample from Dunbarton Stillwell Star was English #27 yesterday.  Burned and smoked well, but aroma and taste didn't match the #1.

Bayou #32 up later today.  Biggest problem with these is if I do take a liking, they are apparently one and done and mostly sold out already.
A combination of Bright and Red Virginia leaf with the most select St. James Parish Perique pipe tobacco added to a medium-bodied Nicaraguan puro.
This liga begins the mildest of all, but the Perique really kicks up in the end with a spicy finish. It rewards the smoker with that classic “VaPer” combination of zest and umami that is entrancing for the discerning palate.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2022, 02:34:43 PM »

A combination of Bright and Red Virginia leaf with the most select St. James Parish Perique pipe tobacco added to a medium-bodied Nicaraguan puro.
This liga begins the mildest of all, but the Perique really kicks up in the end with a spicy finish. It rewards the smoker with that classic “VaPer” combination of zest and umami that is entrancing for the discerning palate.
I know a thing or two about pipes. It's a slippery slope.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2022, 02:57:34 PM »

I know a thing or two about pipes. It's a slippery slope.
I found an old box with jars of tobacco inside while cleaning the basement over the weekend.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2022, 04:06:31 PM »

Interesting cigar.  Burn is good and decent flavors.  If I didn't know it's makeup, I would be hard pressed to say it was not a traditional cigar with a slightly unusual flavor profile.  A fruit component is noticable.  There isn't any clear "pipe tobacco aroma" that I equate with pipe smoke (like the #1).

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2022, 04:10:50 PM »

Thought I'd put together a list of my favorite 2021 cigars.  I tried to go with new ones introduced rather than old favorites, but can't say these were all introduced in '21.  These aren't in any order, just 20 favorites.  For what its worth, here ya go.

Diesel Esteli Puro
Room 101 Breakfast in Portugal
AJ Fernandez Rosa de Guadalupe
Crowned Heads Four Kicks Capa Especial
Caldwell Hit and Run Part Deux
EP Carrillo Pledge
Sobremesa Brulee
Man O' War Valkyrie
Room101 FARCE
Southern Draw Jacob's Ladder Brimstone
The Tabernacle Havana Seed CT
Warped Chinchalle