Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1989, Columbia Pictures Entertainment Inc. agreed to a $3.4 billion cash buyout by Sony Corp.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1994, more than 350 Republican congressional candidates gathered on the steps of the U.S. Capitol to sign the "Contract with America," a 10-point platform they pledged to try to get enacted if voters sent a GOP majority to the House.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: In a fiery appearance before Congress, former FEMA director Michael Brown angrily blamed the governor of Louisiana, the mayor of New Orleans and even the Bush White House that appointed him for the dismal response to Hurricane Katrina; in response, lawmakers alternately lambasted and mocked the former official. New Orleans Police Superintendent Eddie Compass stepped down from his post four weeks after Katrina destroyed the city. Army reservist Lynndie England was sentenced to three years behind bars for her role in the Abu Ghraib prison scandal. (She ended up serving half that time.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Five years ago: Southwest Airlines announced the $1.4 billion purchase of AirTran. Temperatures reached 113 degrees in downtown Los Angeles, the highest in records kept since 1877.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

One year ago: President Barack Obama, in an address to the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, said that a widespread mistrust of law enforcement that was exposed by the fatal police shooting of an unarmed black man in Ferguson, Missouri, existed in too many other communities and was having a corrosive effect on the nation, particularly its children. The Mount Ontake (ahn-TAH'-kay) volcano in central Japan erupted, killing 57 people. Hong Kong activists kicked off a long-promised massive civil disobedience protest to challenge Beijing over restrictions on voting reform. James Traficant, the colorful Ohio Democrat-turned-independent whose conviction for taking bribes and kickbacks made him only the second person to be expelled from Congress since the Civil War, died in Youngstown at age 73. Actor George Clooney married human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin in Venice, Italy.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: Actress Kathleen Nolan is 82. Actor Wilford Brimley is 81. Actor Claude Jarman Jr. is 81. Author Barbara Howar is 81. World Golf Hall of Famer Kathy Whitworth is 76. Singer-musician Randy Bachman (Bachman-Turner Overdrive) is 72. Rock singer Meat Loaf is 68. Actress Liz Torres is 68. Actor A Martinez is 67. Baseball Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt is 66. Actor Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is 65. Singer Shaun Cassidy is 57. Comedian Marc Maron is 52. Rock singer Stephan (STEE'-fan) Jenkins (Third Eye Blind) is 51. Democratic National Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz is 49. Actor Patrick Muldoon is 47. Singer Mark Calderon is 45. Actress Amanda Detmer is 44. Actress Gwyneth Paltrow is 43. Rock singer Brad Arnold (3 Doors Down) is 37. Christian rock musician Grant Brandell (Underoath) is 34. Actress Anna Camp is 33. Rapper Lil' Wayne is 33. Singer Avril Lavigne (AV'-rihl la-VEEN') is 31.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Thought for Today: "I have lived in this world just long enough to look carefully the second time into things that I am most certain of the first time." — "Josh Billings" (Henry Wheeler Shaw), American humorist (1818-1885).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

C-141
-------------------------

A US Air Force C-141 was scheduled to leave Thule Air Base, Greenland at midnight. During the pilot's preflight check, he discovered that the aircraft's latrine holding tank was still full from the last flight. So a message was sent to the base, and an airman who was off duty is called out to take care of it.

The young man finally got to the air base and made his way to the aircraft, only to find that the latrine pump truck had been left outdoors and was frozen solid, so he had to find another one in the hangar, which takes even more time. He returned to the aircraft and was less than enthusiastic about what he had to do. Nevertheless, he went about the pumping job deliberately and carefully (and slowly) so as to not risk criticism later.

As he's left the plane, the pilot stopped him and said, "Son, your attitude and performance has caused this flight to be late, and I'm going to personally see to it that you are not just reprimanded, but punished."

Shivering in the cold, his task finished, the airman took a deep breath, stood up tall and said, "Sir, with all due respect, I'm not your son; I'm an Airman in the United States Air Force. I've been in Thule, Greenland for 11 months without any leave, and the reindeer are beginning to look pretty good to me. I have one stripe, it's two-thirty in the morning, the temperature is 40 degrees below zero and my job here is to pump sh*t from your aircraft. Now just exactly what form of punishment did you have in mind?"
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Time to hit the road for work, enjoy your day guys.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Sheesh.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

good morning Chip.

Morning LSU & Dean.

Did not sleep too good last night so running a little late this morning.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12