CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: 10/16/2018  (Read 7889 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 10/16/2018
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2018, 12:43:56 PM »

Tomorrow sale of marijuana and cannabis products are legal throughout Canada.
BRB, applying for passport card.
since when do you need a passport to enter Canada?
really? last time I visited the late Cigar King of 'eh, I didn't need a passport.
Technically, you don't need one to get into Canada, you just need it to get back.
Well, technically you don't need one to cross the Mexican border....but....

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2018, 12:46:08 PM »

really? last time I visited the late Cigar King of 'eh, I didn't need a passport.
Technically, you don't need one to get into Canada, you just need it to get back.
Except Canada won't let a non-citizen enter who can't get back, so no bueno. Unless you're an asylum seeker, then no problemo.
Cigar taxes are too high in Canada so I would seek my Asylums elsewhere.
Amen to that.
For sure!  I always bring my own stash.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2018, 12:47:02 PM »

Except Canada won't let a non-citizen enter who can't get back, so no bueno. Unless you're an asylum seeker, then no problemo.
Not sure that's true. You only need proof of citizenship and proof of identity to get into Canada, according to the Department of State website.
"For those traveling by land or water, you will need a passport, passport card, NEXUS card, Enhanced Drivers License, or another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative-compliant document to enter Canada, and will need to show these documents again to return to the U.S."....and
"Entry into Canada: Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. A valid U.S. passport, passport card, or NEXUS card satisfies these requirements for U.S. citizens."
Yeah, that second line is the one I read. Kinda contradicts the first line if you're reading it literally, but it's a gov't process, so that doesn't surprise me at all.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2018, 12:47:43 PM »

Well, technically you don't need one to cross the Mexican border....but....
Just remember your climbing boots, in case that wall ever gets up.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2018, 12:55:15 PM »

Well gotta give it to them for some interesting offerings and names.  Have tried a few and generally pretty good.  A little difficult with my no band, no humi rule however.

Cigar Federation:
https://store.cigarfederation.com/collections/featured-cigars/products/powstanie-sbc16?variant=19504409093&mc_cid=b352937445&mc_eid=c1bd1ef3de

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2018, 01:02:21 PM »

So glad we had Pompeo fly all the way over to Saudi Arabia to accept their denial.  I feel so much better.

Threebean

« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2018, 01:08:08 PM »

So glad we had Pompeo fly all the way over to Saudi Arabia to accept their denial.  I feel so much better.
He needed the miles to maintain platinum status.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2018, 01:08:37 PM »

It's right out of our North Korea strategy guide - lots of talk, nothing of substance.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2018, 01:39:45 PM »

He needed the miles to maintain platinum status.
Now THAT makes sense!

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2018, 01:40:28 PM »

Not sure that's true. You only need proof of citizenship and proof of identity to get into Canada, according to the Department of State website.
"For those traveling by land or water, you will need a passport, passport card, NEXUS card, Enhanced Drivers License, or another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative-compliant document to enter Canada, and will need to show these documents again to return to the U.S."....and
"Entry into Canada: Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. A valid U.S. passport, passport card, or NEXUS card satisfies these requirements for U.S. citizens."
can't i just show them my CostCo card?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2018, 01:41:58 PM »

can't i just show them my CostCo card?
This is America, which is run by Walmart. Sam's Club card only.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2018, 01:42:16 PM »

well we don't have an ambassador to Saudi Arabia, the orange cheetoh, let's Jared handle it...

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2018, 01:53:23 PM »

Market making a small rally today. How long do you think it'll be before he takes credit for that somehow?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2018, 02:20:47 PM »

Hazzuh!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2018, 02:36:50 PM »

Market making a small rally today. How long do you think it'll be before he takes credit for that somehow?
That's 'cause he called out the Federal Reserve chair.  Straighten that guy out!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8