CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 16, 2018, 12:03:01 AM

Title: 10/16/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on October 16, 2018, 12:03:01 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 05:55:41 AM
good morning and happy 2nd Monday.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 16, 2018, 06:00:58 AM
Good morning, Dean.  Raining here again, probably won't crack 50 deg.  Skipped right through fall to winter.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 16, 2018, 06:02:18 AM
Good morning, Dean.  Raining here again, probably won't crack 50 deg.  Skipped right through fall to winter.
41 here right now. Nice crisp fall morning.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 16, 2018, 06:02:26 AM
Flip day at the sis.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 16, 2018, 06:03:34 AM
And a big banter happy birthday to the Travelin' Man.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 16, 2018, 06:13:39 AM
And a big banter happy birthday to the Travelin' Man.
Ha, indeed.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 06:15:32 AM
morning Mark and Dave.
72° and back into the 90's with a bit of rain later.
off to take the lady's daughter to work, then neighbor lady coming over for a hot tub soak.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 16, 2018, 06:17:05 AM
And a big banter happy birthday to the Travelin' Man.
Oh dang. Happy birthday, indeed.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 16, 2018, 06:17:55 AM
Good morning Dean, Mark, and Dave. It's GFY Tuesday!
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 16, 2018, 06:24:28 AM
And a big banter happy birthday to the Travelin' Man.
Oh dang. Happy birthday, indeed.
He's sleeping in, another year's worth of beauty sleep to catch up on.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 06:37:51 AM
And a big banter happy birthday to the Travelin' Man.
Oh dang. Happy birthday, indeed.
He's sleeping in, another year's worth of beauty sleep to catch up on.
Long past trying to catch up with that loosing battle.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 06:38:22 AM
Morning Dean, Bean, Dave and Tony.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 06:40:44 AM
Today is Tuesday, Oct. 16, the 289th day of 2018. There are 76 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Oct. 16, 1793, during the French Revolution, Marie Antoinette, the queen of France, was beheaded.
On this date:
In 1758, American lexicographer Noah Webster was born in Hartford, Connecticut.
In 1859, radical abolitionist John Brown led a group of 21 men in a raid on Harpers Ferry in western Virginia. (Ten of Brown's men were killed and five escaped. Brown and six followers were captured; all were executed.)
In 1916, Planned Parenthood had its beginnings as Margaret Sanger and her sister, Ethel Byrne, opened the first birth control clinic in Brooklyn, New York. (The clinic ended up being raided by police and Sanger was arrested.)
In 1934, Chinese Communists, under siege by the Nationalists, began their "long march" lasting a year from southeastern to northwestern China.
In 1962, the Cuban missile crisis began as President John F. Kennedy was informed that reconnaissance photographs had revealed the presence of missile bases in Cuba.
In 1968, American athletes Tommie Smith and John Carlos sparked controversy at the Mexico City Olympics by giving "black power" salutes during a victory ceremony after they'd won gold and bronze medals in the 200-meter race.
In 1978, the College of Cardinals of the Roman Catholic Church chose Cardinal Karol Wojtyla (voy-TEE'-wah) to be the new pope; he took the name John Paul II.
In 1987, a 58-1/2-hour drama in Midland, Texas, ended happily as rescuers freed Jessica McClure, an 18-month-old girl trapped in a narrow, abandoned well.
In 1991, a deadly shooting rampage took place in Killeen, Texas, as a gunman opened fire at a Luby's Cafeteria, killing 23 people before taking his own life.
In 1995, a vast throng of black men gathered in Washington, D.C. for the "Million Man March" led by Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.
In 1997, in the first known case in the United States, a Georgia woman gave birth after being implanted with previously frozen eggs.
In 2001, twelve Senate offices were closed as hundreds of staffers underwent anthrax tests.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 06:41:30 AM
Ten years ago: A volatile Wall Street pulled off another stunning U-turn, transforming a 380-point loss for the Dow Jones industrial average into a 401-point gain.

Five years ago: Congress passed and sent to President Barack Obama for his signature legislation to avoid a threatened U.S. default and end the partial, 16-day government shutdown. A Lao Airlines turboprop crashed as it approached Pakse Airport in southern Laos; all 49 people on board were killed. The Los Angeles Dodgers beat St. Louis 6-4, trimming the Cardinals' lead to 3-2 in the NL championship series. The Detroit Tigers beat the Boston Red Sox 7-3 to even the AL championship series at 2-all.

One year ago: Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who had been captured and held by the Taliban for five years after walking away from his post in Afghanistan, pleaded guilty to desertion and endangering his comrades. (A military judge later decided not to send him to prison.) A New Jersey man, Ahmad Khan Rahimi, was convicted of planting two pressure-cooker bombs on New York City streets, including one that injured 30 people; prosecutors said Rahimi considered himself "a soldier in a holy war against Americans."
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 06:44:00 AM
Today's Birthdays:
Actress Angela Lansbury is 93.
Actor Peter Bowles is 82.
Actor-producer Tony Anthony is 81.
Actor Barry Corbin is 78.
Sportscaster Tim McCarver is 77.
Rock musician C.F. Turner (Bachman-Turner Overdrive) is 75.
Actress Suzanne Somers is 72.
Rock singer-musician Bob Weir is 71.
Producer-director David Zucker is 71.
Record company executive Jim Ed Norman is 70.
Actor Daniel Gerroll is 67.
Actor Morgan Stevens is 67.
Actress Martha Smith is 66.
Comedian-actor Andy Kindler is 62.
Actor-director Tim Robbins is 60.
Actor-musician Gary Kemp is 59.
Singer-musician Bob Mould is 58.
Actor Randy Vasquez is 57.
Rock musician Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers) is 56.
Movie director Kenneth Lonergan is 56.
Actor Christian Stolte is 56.
Actor Todd Stashwick is 50.
Jazz musician Roy Hargrove is 49.
Actress Terri J. Vaughn is 49.
Singer Wendy Wilson (Wilson Phillips) is 49.
Rapper B-Rock (B-Rock and the Bizz) is 47.
Rock singer Chad Gray (Mudvayne) is 47.
Actor Paul Sparks is 47.
Actress Kellie Martin is 43.
Singer John Mayer is 41.
Actor Jeremy Jackson is 38.
Actress Caterina Scorsone is 38.
Actress Brea Grant is 37.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 06:44:26 AM
Thought for Today: "Life is a solitary cell whose walls are mirrors." — Eugene O'Neill, American playwright (born this date in 1888, died 1953).
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 06:50:18 AM
Morning Dean, Bean, Dave and Tony.
good morning Dave and happy birthday.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 06:57:55 AM
Morning Dean, Bean, Dave and Tony.
good morning Dave and happy birthday.
So if it's my birthday, how come you're the one getting your candle blown out?
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 16, 2018, 07:14:35 AM
Morning Dean, Bean, Dave and Tony.
good morning Dave and happy birthday.
So if it's my birthday, how come you're the one getting your candle blown out?
Hi-Yo!
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 16, 2018, 07:21:29 AM
Morning Dean, Bean, Dave and Tony.
good morning Dave and happy birthday.
So if it's my birthday, how come you're the one getting your candle blown out?
Sounds like you need to get yourself a hot tub and some old ladies.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 07:23:31 AM
Morning Dean, Bean, Dave and Tony.
good morning Dave and happy birthday.
So if it's my birthday, how come you're the one getting your candle blown out?
imagine what it's like on MY birthday.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 07:27:46 AM
Morning Dean, Bean, Dave and Tony.
good morning Dave and happy birthday.
So if it's my birthday, how come you're the one getting your candle blown out?
Sounds like you need to get yourself a hot tub and some old ladies.
That would be one option....
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 16, 2018, 07:28:44 AM
Morning Dean, Bean, Dave and Tony.
good morning Dave and happy birthday.
So if it's my birthday, how come you're the one getting your candle blown out?
Sounds like you need to get yourself a hot tub and some old ladies.
That would be one option....
Well, the playbook has been written, you just need to follow it.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 07:28:58 AM
Morning Dean, Bean, Dave and Tony.
good morning Dave and happy birthday.
So if it's my birthday, how come you're the one getting your candle blown out?
imagine what it's like on MY birthday.
Go ahead, rub it in.  (no pun intended)
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 16, 2018, 07:33:36 AM
Morning Dean, Bean, Dave and Tony.
good morning Dave and happy birthday.
So if it's my birthday, how come you're the one getting your candle blown out?
imagine what it's like on MY birthday.
Not while eating breakfast.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 16, 2018, 07:35:36 AM
Morning Dean, Bean, Dave and Tony.
Your sharing your big day with Angela Landsbury and Suzanne Somers. That's not too shabby. Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 07:42:39 AM
Morning Dean, Bean, Dave and Tony.
Your sharing your big day with Angela Landsbury and Suzanne Somers. That's not too shabby. Good morning, Dave.
So Dean and I can double date...
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 16, 2018, 07:42:49 AM
Morning Dean, Bean, Dave and Tony.
Your sharing your big day with Angela Landsbury and Suzanne Somers. That's not too shabby. Good morning, Dave.
And he might have a shot with one of those anyway.
(http://tribzap2it.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/angela-lansbury-murder-she-wrote.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 16, 2018, 08:34:05 AM
Old bitty lull.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 16, 2018, 08:44:56 AM
Old bitty lull.
One of the worst kind, unless you're Dean.  Allow me to make amends.
(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4f/98/cb/4f98cb0de1e9d8d23dd39d14ea6b7c4d.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 09:01:22 AM
Old bitty lull.
One of the worst kind, unless you're Dean.  Allow me to make amends.
(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4f/98/cb/4f98cb0de1e9d8d23dd39d14ea6b7c4d.jpg)
Much better approach.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 16, 2018, 09:09:39 AM
Old bitty lull.
One of the worst kind, unless you're Dean.  Allow me to make amends.
(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4f/98/cb/4f98cb0de1e9d8d23dd39d14ea6b7c4d.jpg)
Much better approach.
...If you have a time machine.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 16, 2018, 09:10:08 AM
Old bitty lull.
In between meetings lull.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 09:10:55 AM
Old bitty lull.
In between meetings lull.
But isn't in-between meetings banter time?
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 09:11:34 AM
Old bitty lull.
One of the worst kind, unless you're Dean.  Allow me to make amends.
(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4f/98/cb/4f98cb0de1e9d8d23dd39d14ea6b7c4d.jpg)
Much better approach.
...If you have a time machine.
I can close my eyes.  Don't piss on my day.   >:(
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 09:11:44 AM
https://halfwheel.com/drew-estate-ships-fsg-limited-edition-trunk-press-to-ddrp-accounts/283083

https://halfwheel.com/particulares-1-2/282504

https://halfwheel.com/balmoral-serie-signaturas-dueto-ships/283073

https://halfwheel.com/weekly-news-oct-15-2018/283038
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 16, 2018, 09:15:23 AM
Old bitty lull.
One of the worst kind, unless you're Dean.  Allow me to make amends.
(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4f/98/cb/4f98cb0de1e9d8d23dd39d14ea6b7c4d.jpg)
Much better approach.
...If you have a time machine.
I can close my eyes.  Don't piss on my day.   >:(
In that case, just go for Angela Lansbury and close your eyes and imagine 20-year-old Suzanne Somers.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 16, 2018, 09:25:48 AM
Old bitty lull.
In between meetings lull.
But isn't in-between meetings banter time?
Should be. But only seconds in between and I had to pee.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 09:48:19 AM
https://halfwheel.com/drew-estate-ships-fsg-limited-edition-trunk-press-to-ddrp-accounts/283083

https://halfwheel.com/particulares-1-2/282504

https://halfwheel.com/balmoral-serie-signaturas-dueto-ships/283073

https://halfwheel.com/weekly-news-oct-15-2018/283038
Your PW skills are slipping Dean.  That should be four posts!
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 09:49:16 AM
Old bitty lull.
One of the worst kind, unless you're Dean.  Allow me to make amends.
(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4f/98/cb/4f98cb0de1e9d8d23dd39d14ea6b7c4d.jpg)
Much better approach.
...If you have a time machine.
I can close my eyes.  Don't piss on my day.   >:(
In that case, just go for Angela Lansbury and close your eyes and imagine 20-year-old Suzanne Somers.
There are limits to even my imagination....just hear that voice once and it would be all over.... :-[
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 09:51:48 AM
https://halfwheel.com/drew-estate-ships-fsg-limited-edition-trunk-press-to-ddrp-accounts/283083

https://halfwheel.com/particulares-1-2/282504

https://halfwheel.com/balmoral-serie-signaturas-dueto-ships/283073

https://halfwheel.com/weekly-news-oct-15-2018/283038
Your PW skills are slipping Dean.  That should be four posts!
I was busy.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 16, 2018, 09:52:27 AM
https://halfwheel.com/drew-estate-ships-fsg-limited-edition-trunk-press-to-ddrp-accounts/283083

https://halfwheel.com/particulares-1-2/282504

https://halfwheel.com/balmoral-serie-signaturas-dueto-ships/283073

https://halfwheel.com/weekly-news-oct-15-2018/283038
Your PW skills are slipping Dean.  That should be four posts!
Sheesh, indeed.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 10:02:42 AM
https://halfwheel.com/drew-estate-ships-fsg-limited-edition-trunk-press-to-ddrp-accounts/283083

https://halfwheel.com/particulares-1-2/282504

https://halfwheel.com/balmoral-serie-signaturas-dueto-ships/283073

https://halfwheel.com/weekly-news-oct-15-2018/283038
Your PW skills are slipping Dean.  That should be four posts!
I was busy.
::)
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 10:13:15 AM
Now this global warming shit is getting serious!   :o

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/science/2018/10/15/beer-shortage-worlds-beer-supply-threatened-global-warming/1645874002/
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 16, 2018, 10:19:26 AM
Now this global warming shit is getting serious!   :o

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/science/2018/10/15/beer-shortage-worlds-beer-supply-threatened-global-warming/1645874002/
#fakenews
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 10:36:21 AM
Now this global warming shit is getting serious!   :o

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/science/2018/10/15/beer-shortage-worlds-beer-supply-threatened-global-warming/1645874002/
#fakenews
#surehopeso
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 10:37:08 AM
Tomorrow sale of marijuana and cannabis products are legal throughout Canada.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: razgueado on October 16, 2018, 10:41:45 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 10:42:19 AM
Good Morning Mr. Raz.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 10:42:35 AM
Good to have you stop in this morning.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 10:45:13 AM
Your offer today from SBC:

Tasty Tuesday!

Today we have one special on the following categories!

 AJ
 Dapper
 HVC
 La Palina

 CODE: TUESDAY = 23% off plus 5% reward points on orders $30+ on categories above!
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 16, 2018, 10:51:30 AM
Tomorrow sale of marijuana and cannabis products are legal throughout Canada.
BRB, applying for passport card.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 16, 2018, 10:57:57 AM
Tomorrow sale of marijuana and cannabis products are legal throughout Canada.
BRB, applying for passport card.
https://www.pond5.com/sound-effect/7904486/bongwaterpin-inhalebubbleslong-2.html (https://www.pond5.com/sound-effect/7904486/bongwaterpin-inhalebubbleslong-2.html)
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: razgueado on October 16, 2018, 11:00:01 AM
Good to have you stop in this morning.
Well, it was a troublesome weekend and I'm preparing to leave for Montana on Friday. So, been kinda busy. Good morning, TD.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 11:08:21 AM
https://halfwheel.com/drew-estate-ships-fsg-limited-edition-trunk-press-to-ddrp-accounts/283083

https://halfwheel.com/particulares-1-2/282504

https://halfwheel.com/balmoral-serie-signaturas-dueto-ships/283073

https://halfwheel.com/weekly-news-oct-15-2018/283038
Your PW skills are slipping Dean.  That should be four posts!
I was busy.
::)
meeting new roofing contractor.
last one owner died, family feud, contract default.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 11:08:49 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning RazMan.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 11:09:47 AM
Tomorrow sale of marijuana and cannabis products are legal throughout Canada.
BRB, applying for passport card.
since when do you need a passport to enter Canada?
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 11:14:29 AM
Good to have you stop in this morning.
Well, it was a troublesome weekend and I'm preparing to leave for Montana on Friday. So, been kinda busy. Good morning, TD.
cattle rustling or soul saving?
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: razgueado on October 16, 2018, 11:18:59 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning RazMan.
Morning, Deano.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: razgueado on October 16, 2018, 11:19:40 AM
Good to have you stop in this morning.
Well, it was a troublesome weekend and I'm preparing to leave for Montana on Friday. So, been kinda busy. Good morning, TD.
cattle rustling or soul saving?
Deer murdering.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 11:22:05 AM
Good to have you stop in this morning.
Well, it was a troublesome weekend and I'm preparing to leave for Montana on Friday. So, been kinda busy. Good morning, TD.
cattle rustling or soul saving?
Deer murdering.
that's even better, saving you own soul. can I put an order in for some venison jerky?
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 11:23:09 AM
https://halfwheel.com/drew-estate-ships-fsg-limited-edition-trunk-press-to-ddrp-accounts/283083

https://halfwheel.com/particulares-1-2/282504

https://halfwheel.com/balmoral-serie-signaturas-dueto-ships/283073

https://halfwheel.com/weekly-news-oct-15-2018/283038
Your PW skills are slipping Dean.  That should be four posts!
I haven't tracked post counts since CI.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 11:24:30 AM
Good to have you stop in this morning.
Well, it was a troublesome weekend and I'm preparing to leave for Montana on Friday. So, been kinda busy. Good morning, TD.
cattle rustling or soul saving?
Deer murdering.
that's even better, saving you own soul. can I put an order in for some venison jerky?
If he doesn't come through, you can always order from this reference from yesterday...https://houseofjerky.net/
Bet Razman doesn't have Mako Shark jerky!
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: razgueado on October 16, 2018, 11:29:10 AM
Good to have you stop in this morning.
Well, it was a troublesome weekend and I'm preparing to leave for Montana on Friday. So, been kinda busy. Good morning, TD.
cattle rustling or soul saving?
Deer murdering.
that's even better, saving you own soul. can I put an order in for some venison jerky?
I'll see what I can do.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 16, 2018, 11:31:58 AM
Tomorrow sale of marijuana and cannabis products are legal throughout Canada.
BRB, applying for passport card.
since when do you need a passport to enter Canada?
2007.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 16, 2018, 11:35:16 AM
Your offer today from SBC:

Tasty Tuesday!

Today we have one special on the following categories!

 AJ
 Dapper
 HVC
 La Palina

 CODE: TUESDAY = 23% off plus 5% reward points on orders $30+ on categories above!
I could use a new HVAC. Does the discount include installation?
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 11:42:09 AM
Tomorrow sale of marijuana and cannabis products are legal throughout Canada.
BRB, applying for passport card.
since when do you need a passport to enter Canada?
2007.
really? last time I visited the late Cigar King of 'eh, I didn't need a passport.

2013
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 16, 2018, 11:44:25 AM
Tomorrow sale of marijuana and cannabis products are legal throughout Canada.
BRB, applying for passport card.
since when do you need a passport to enter Canada?
2007.
really? last time I visited the late Cigar King of 'eh, I didn't need a passport.
Technically, you don't need one to get into Canada, you just need it to get back.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 16, 2018, 11:47:17 AM
Tomorrow sale of marijuana and cannabis products are legal throughout Canada.
BRB, applying for passport card.
since when do you need a passport to enter Canada?
2007.
really? last time I visited the late Cigar King of 'eh, I didn't need a passport.
The land vs air travel requirement dates might be different.  Land crossing requirement followed not long after they implemented air travel.  Regardless, it's been years.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 16, 2018, 12:12:05 PM
Tomorrow sale of marijuana and cannabis products are legal throughout Canada.
BRB, applying for passport card.
since when do you need a passport to enter Canada?
2007.
really? last time I visited the late Cigar King of 'eh, I didn't need a passport.
Technically, you don't need one to get into Canada, you just need it to get back.
Except Canada won't let a non-citizen enter who can't get back, so no bueno. Unless you're an asylum seeker, then no problemo.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 16, 2018, 12:16:17 PM
Tomorrow sale of marijuana and cannabis products are legal throughout Canada.
BRB, applying for passport card.
since when do you need a passport to enter Canada?
2007.
really? last time I visited the late Cigar King of 'eh, I didn't need a passport.
Technically, you don't need one to get into Canada, you just need it to get back.
Except Canada won't let a non-citizen enter who can't get back, so no bueno. Unless you're an asylum seeker, then no problemo.
Cigar taxes are too high in Canada so I would seek my Asylums elsewhere.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 16, 2018, 12:18:10 PM
Tomorrow sale of marijuana and cannabis products are legal throughout Canada.
BRB, applying for passport card.
since when do you need a passport to enter Canada?
2007.
really? last time I visited the late Cigar King of 'eh, I didn't need a passport.
Technically, you don't need one to get into Canada, you just need it to get back.
Except Canada won't let a non-citizen enter who can't get back, so no bueno. Unless you're an asylum seeker, then no problemo.
Not sure that's true. You only need proof of citizenship and proof of identity to get into Canada, according to the Department of State website.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 16, 2018, 12:19:07 PM
Tomorrow sale of marijuana and cannabis products are legal throughout Canada.
BRB, applying for passport card.
since when do you need a passport to enter Canada?
2007.
really? last time I visited the late Cigar King of 'eh, I didn't need a passport.
Technically, you don't need one to get into Canada, you just need it to get back.
Except Canada won't let a non-citizen enter who can't get back, so no bueno. Unless you're an asylum seeker, then no problemo.
Cigar taxes are too high in Canada so I would seek my Asylums elsewhere.
Amen to that.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 16, 2018, 12:39:31 PM
Tomorrow sale of marijuana and cannabis products are legal throughout Canada.
BRB, applying for passport card.
since when do you need a passport to enter Canada?
2007.
really? last time I visited the late Cigar King of 'eh, I didn't need a passport.
Technically, you don't need one to get into Canada, you just need it to get back.
Except Canada won't let a non-citizen enter who can't get back, so no bueno. Unless you're an asylum seeker, then no problemo.
Not sure that's true. You only need proof of citizenship and proof of identity to get into Canada, according to the Department of State website.
"For those traveling by land or water, you will need a passport, passport card, NEXUS card, Enhanced Drivers License, or another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative-compliant document to enter Canada, and will need to show these documents again to return to the U.S."....and
"Entry into Canada: Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. A valid U.S. passport, passport card, or NEXUS card satisfies these requirements for U.S. citizens."
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 12:43:56 PM
Tomorrow sale of marijuana and cannabis products are legal throughout Canada.
BRB, applying for passport card.
since when do you need a passport to enter Canada?
2007.
really? last time I visited the late Cigar King of 'eh, I didn't need a passport.
Technically, you don't need one to get into Canada, you just need it to get back.
Well, technically you don't need one to cross the Mexican border....but....
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 12:46:08 PM
Tomorrow sale of marijuana and cannabis products are legal throughout Canada.
BRB, applying for passport card.
since when do you need a passport to enter Canada?
2007.
really? last time I visited the late Cigar King of 'eh, I didn't need a passport.
Technically, you don't need one to get into Canada, you just need it to get back.
Except Canada won't let a non-citizen enter who can't get back, so no bueno. Unless you're an asylum seeker, then no problemo.
Cigar taxes are too high in Canada so I would seek my Asylums elsewhere.
Amen to that.
For sure!  I always bring my own stash.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 16, 2018, 12:47:02 PM
[...]
Yeah, that second line is the one I read. Kinda contradicts the first line if you're reading it literally, but it's a gov't process, so that doesn't surprise me at all.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 16, 2018, 12:47:43 PM
Tomorrow sale of marijuana and cannabis products are legal throughout Canada.
BRB, applying for passport card.
since when do you need a passport to enter Canada?
2007.
really? last time I visited the late Cigar King of 'eh, I didn't need a passport.
Technically, you don't need one to get into Canada, you just need it to get back.
Well, technically you don't need one to cross the Mexican border....but....
Just remember your climbing boots, in case that wall ever gets up.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 12:55:15 PM
Well gotta give it to them for some interesting offerings and names.  Have tried a few and generally pretty good.  A little difficult with my no band, no humi rule however.

Cigar Federation:
https://store.cigarfederation.com/collections/featured-cigars/products/powstanie-sbc16?variant=19504409093&mc_cid=b352937445&mc_eid=c1bd1ef3de
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 01:02:21 PM
So glad we had Pompeo fly all the way over to Saudi Arabia to accept their denial.  I feel so much better.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 16, 2018, 01:08:08 PM
So glad we had Pompeo fly all the way over to Saudi Arabia to accept their denial.  I feel so much better.
He needed the miles to maintain platinum status.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 16, 2018, 01:08:37 PM
So glad we had Pompeo fly all the way over to Saudi Arabia to accept their denial.  I feel so much better.
It's right out of our North Korea strategy guide - lots of talk, nothing of substance.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 01:39:45 PM
So glad we had Pompeo fly all the way over to Saudi Arabia to accept their denial.  I feel so much better.
He needed the miles to maintain platinum status.
Now THAT makes sense!
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on October 16, 2018, 01:40:28 PM
[...]
can't i just show them my CostCo card?
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 16, 2018, 01:41:58 PM
[...]
This is America, which is run by Walmart. Sam's Club card only.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on October 16, 2018, 01:42:16 PM
So glad we had Pompeo fly all the way over to Saudi Arabia to accept their denial.  I feel so much better.
well we don't have an ambassador to Saudi Arabia, the orange cheetoh, let's Jared handle it...
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 16, 2018, 01:53:23 PM
Market making a small rally today. How long do you think it'll be before he takes credit for that somehow?
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 16, 2018, 02:20:47 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 02:36:50 PM
Market making a small rally today. How long do you think it'll be before he takes credit for that somehow?
That's 'cause he called out the Federal Reserve chair.  Straighten that guy out!
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 02:37:11 PM
Later Page6andoutDave.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 02:45:40 PM
2 roofing contractors today. I liked the quote from the first one but can't start for 6-8 months, the other other one will start before Christmas. landlord took him.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 02:54:31 PM
for RazMan's next sermon:

A teenage boy  had just passed his driving test and inquired of his  father as to when  they could discuss  his use of the car.

            His father  said he'd make a deal with his son, "You bring your grades  up from a C to a  B average, study your Bible a little and get your hair cut.   Then we'll  talk about the car.  "

             The boy  thought about that for a moment, decided he'd settle for the offer and they agreed on it.

            After about  six weeks his father said, "Son, you've brought your grades  up  and I've  observed that you have been studying your Bible, but  I'm disappointed  you haven't had your hair cut.  "

            The boy said,  "You know, Dad, I've been thinking about that, and  I've noticed in my  studies of the Bible that Samson had long hair, John the  Baptist had long hair, Moses had long hair, and there's even strong  evidence that  Jesus had long hair.

            Love the Dad's reply!

            "Did you also notice that they all walked everywhere they went?”
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 03:08:20 PM
2 roofing contractors today. I liked the quote from the first one but can't start for 6-8 months, the other other one will start before Christmas. landlord took him.
So when do the cleaning lady interviews start?
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 03:11:14 PM
Nice brisk walk out for lunch today.  High only 55.  Should get down around 40 tonight.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 03:11:29 PM
Nice brisk walk out for lunch today.  High only 55.  Should get down around 40 tonight.
Fall finally!
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 03:19:24 PM
2 roofing contractors today. I liked the quote from the first one but can't start for 6-8 months, the other other one will start before Christmas. landlord took him.
So when do the cleaning lady interviews start?
interviews over with. nobody liked my terms.
I have one of the lady's daughter coming in monthly for $50.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 16, 2018, 03:22:44 PM
2 roofing contractors today. I liked the quote from the first one but can't start for 6-8 months, the other other one will start before Christmas. landlord took him.
So when do the cleaning lady interviews start?
interviews over with. nobody liked my terms.
I have one of the lady's daughter coming in monthly for $50.
They objected to the dress code?
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 16, 2018, 03:23:37 PM
2 roofing contractors today. I liked the quote from the first one but can't start for 6-8 months, the other other one will start before Christmas. landlord took him.
I imagine roofing contractors in Florida are pretty damn busy these days.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 03:24:28 PM
2 roofing contractors today. I liked the quote from the first one but can't start for 6-8 months, the other other one will start before Christmas. landlord took him.
So when do the cleaning lady interviews start?
interviews over with. nobody liked my terms.
I have one of the lady's daughter coming in monthly for $50.
They objected to the dress code?
If I remember correctly, the lady's daughter doesn't worry too much about dress code.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 03:24:52 PM
2 roofing contractors today. I liked the quote from the first one but can't start for 6-8 months, the other other one will start before Christmas. landlord took him.
So when do the cleaning lady interviews start?
interviews over with. nobody liked my terms.
I have one of the lady's daughter coming in monthly for $50.
One day a month?
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 16, 2018, 03:25:54 PM
2 roofing contractors today. I liked the quote from the first one but can't start for 6-8 months, the other other one will start before Christmas. landlord took him.
I imagine roofing contractors in Florida are pretty damn busy these days.
Almost as busy as the blue tarp people.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 03:53:03 PM
2 roofing contractors today. I liked the quote from the first one but can't start for 6-8 months, the other other one will start before Christmas. landlord took him.
So when do the cleaning lady interviews start?
interviews over with. nobody liked my terms.
I have one of the lady's daughter coming in monthly for $50.
One day a month?
it's just me and the cat, it doesn't get THAT dirty.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 03:53:42 PM
2 roofing contractors today. I liked the quote from the first one but can't start for 6-8 months, the other other one will start before Christmas. landlord took him.
So when do the cleaning lady interviews start?
interviews over with. nobody liked my terms.
I have one of the lady's daughter coming in monthly for $50.
They objected to the dress code?
If I remember correctly, the lady's daughter doesn't worry too much about dress code.
she is definately not modest.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 16, 2018, 03:57:49 PM
2 roofing contractors today. I liked the quote from the first one but can't start for 6-8 months, the other other one will start before Christmas. landlord took him.
So when do the cleaning lady interviews start?
interviews over with. nobody liked my terms.
I have one of the lady's daughter coming in monthly for $50.
One day a month?
....it doesn't get THAT dirty.
TNWSS
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 03:58:24 PM
2 roofing contractors today. I liked the quote from the first one but can't start for 6-8 months, the other other one will start before Christmas. landlord took him.
So when do the cleaning lady interviews start?
interviews over with. nobody liked my terms.
I have one of the lady's daughter coming in monthly for $50.
They objected to the dress code?
most of them wanted to work twice a week at about $125 per.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 16, 2018, 04:06:53 PM
2 roofing contractors today. I liked the quote from the first one but can't start for 6-8 months, the other other one will start before Christmas. landlord took him.
So when do the cleaning lady interviews start?
interviews over with. nobody liked my terms.
I have one of the lady's daughter coming in monthly for $50.
They objected to the dress code?
most of them wanted to work twice a week at about $125 per.
That's nuts.  Who has their house cleaned twice a week?
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 16, 2018, 04:38:38 PM
2 roofing contractors today. I liked the quote from the first one but can't start for 6-8 months, the other other one will start before Christmas. landlord took him.
So when do the cleaning lady interviews start?
interviews over with. nobody liked my terms.
I have one of the lady's daughter coming in monthly for $50.
They objected to the dress code?
most of them wanted to work twice a week at about $125 per.
That's nuts.  Who has their house cleaned twice a week?
not me.
Title: Re: 10/16/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 16, 2018, 05:04:04 PM
2 roofing contractors today. I liked the quote from the first one but can't start for 6-8 months, the other other one will start before Christmas. landlord took him.
So when do the cleaning lady interviews start?
interviews over with. nobody liked my terms.
I have one of the lady's daughter coming in monthly for $50.
They objected to the dress code?
most of them wanted to work twice a week at about $125 per.
That's nuts.  Who has their house cleaned twice a week?
not me.
#notmetoo