CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 15, 2018, 12:01:35 AM

Title: 10/15/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on October 15, 2018, 12:01:35 AM
Monday, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... Happy Monday and welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2018, 06:21:28 AM
Good Monday morning to all.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 06:28:56 AM
Morning Dave, looks like LTG Day at the Sis.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 06:30:41 AM
Today is Monday, Oct. 15, the 288th day of 2018. There are 77 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Oct. 15, 1991, despite sexual harassment allegations by Anita Hill, the Senate narrowly confirmed the nomination of Clarence Thomas to the U.S. Supreme Court, 52-48.
On this date:
In 1783, the first manned balloon flight took place in Paris as Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier ascended in a basket attached to a tethered Montgolfier hot-air balloon, rising to about 75 feet.
In 1860, 11-year-old Grace Bedell of Westfield, N.Y., wrote a letter to presidential candidate Abraham Lincoln, suggesting he could improve his appearance by growing a beard.
In 1914, the Clayton Antitrust Act, which expanded on the Sherman Antitrust Act of 1890, was signed into law by President Woodrow Wilson.
In 1917, Dutch exotic dancer Mata Hari (Margaretha ZelleGeertruida MacLeod), 41, convicted by a French military court of spying for the Germans, was executed by a firing squad outside Paris. (Maintaining her innocence to the end, Mata Hari refused a blindfold and blew a kiss to her executioners.)
In 1928, the German dirigible Graf Zeppelin landed in Lakehurst, N.J., completing its first commercial flight across the Atlantic.
In 1945, the former premier of Vichy France, Pierre Laval, was executed for treason.
In 1946, Nazi war criminal Hermann Goering (GEH'-reeng) fatally poisoned himself hours before he was to have been executed.
In 1976, in the first debate of its kind between vice-presidential nominees, Democrat Walter F. Mondale and Republican Bob Dole faced off in Houston.
In 1989, South African officials released eight prominent political prisoners, including Walter Sisulu.
In 1997, British Royal Air Force pilot Andy Green twice drove a jet-powered car in the Nevada desert faster than the speed of sound, officially shattering the world's land-speed record. NASA's plutonium-powered Cassini spacecraft rocketed flawlessly toward Saturn.
In 2001, Bethlehem Steel Corp. filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
In 2003, eleven people were killed when a Staten Island ferry slammed into a maintenance pier. (The ferry's pilot, who'd blacked out at the controls, later pleaded guilty to eleven counts of manslaughter.)
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 06:31:30 AM
Ten years ago: Republican John McCain repeatedly assailed Democrat Barack Obama's character and campaign positions on taxes, abortion and more in a debate at Hofstra University; Obama parried each accusation, and leveled a few of his own, saying "100 percent" of McCain's campaign ads were negative. The Philadelphia Phillies beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 5-1 to win the NL championship series 4-1 for its first pennant since 1993. Pop star Madonna and movie director Guy Ritchie announced they were divorcing after nearly eight years of marriage. Actress-singer Edie Adams died in Los Angeles at age 81. Longtime game show host Jack Narz died in Los Angeles at age 85.

Five years ago: Abu Anas al-Libi, an alleged al-Qaida member who was snatched off the streets in Libya, pleaded not guilty in New York to bombing-related charges. President Barack Obama presented the Medal of Honor to William D. Swenson, a former Army captain whose heroic actions in a deadly Afghan battle were captured on video. The Boston Red Sox took a 2-1 lead in the AL championship series as they defeated the Detroit Tigers 1-0. The St. Louis Cardinals beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 4-2 for a 3-1 lead in the NL Championship series. Hans Riegel, 90, who turned little gold bears into a global candy juggernaut — Haribo's gummi bears — over a career than spanned seven decades, died in Bonn, Germany.

One year ago: Actress and activist Alyssa Milano tweeted that women who had been sexually harassed or assaulted should write "Me too" as a status; within hours, tens of thousands had taken up the #MeToo hashtag (using a phrase that had been introduced 10 years earlier by social activist Tarana Burke.) Police in London investigated three new allegations of sexual assault against producer Harvey Weinstein, all made by the same woman. Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick filed a grievance against the NFL, alleging that he was still unsigned because of collusion by owners resulting from his protests during the national anthem.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2018, 06:32:55 AM
Good morning, banterers.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 06:34:11 AM
Today's Birthdays:
Former auto executive Lee Iacocca is 94.
Jazz musician Freddy Cole is 87.
Singer Barry McGuire is 83.
Actress Linda Lavin is 81.
Rock musician Don Stevenson (Moby Grape) is 76.
Actress-director Penny Marshall is 75.
Baseball Hall of Famer Jim Palmer is 73.
Singer-musician Richard Carpenter is 72.
Actor Victor Banerjee is 72.
Former tennis player Roscoe Tanner is 67.
Singer Tito Jackson is 65.
Actor-comedian Larry Miller is 65.
Actor Jere Burns is 64.
Movie director Mira Nair is 61.
Britain's Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, is 59.
Chef Emeril Lagasse is 59.
Actress Tanya Roberts is 59.
Rock musician Mark Reznicek (REHZ'-nih-chehk) is 56.
Singer Eric Benet is 52.
Actress Vanessa Marcil is 50.
Singer-actress-TV host Paige Davis is 49.
Country singer Kimberly Schlapman (Little Big Town) is 49.
Actor Dominic West is 49.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Ginuwine is 48.
Actor Devon Gummersall is 40.
Actor Chris Olivero is 39.
Christian singer-actress Jaci (JAK'-ee) Velasquez is 39.
Actor Brandon Jay McLaren is 38.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Keyshia Cole is 37.
Actor Vincent Martella is 26.
Actress Bailee Madison is 19.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 06:34:36 AM
Thought for Today: "The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking." — John Kenneth Galbraith, Canadian-born American economist (born this date in 1908, died in 2006).
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 06:37:42 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2018, 06:37:56 AM
When I began my previous post, no one had posted yet...Good morning, Dave and Dave.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2018, 06:44:55 AM
Morning Dave, looks like LTG Day at the Sis.
That's how you know it's gonna be a great day.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2018, 06:50:50 AM
Morning Dave, looks like LTG Day at the Sis.
That's how you know it's gonna be a great day.
Feels like a Monday here. I'm especially enjoying the rainy commute and the tropical weather my driver is providing on this bust. I will arrive wet with rain and sweat, yay!
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2018, 06:57:02 AM
Morning Dave, looks like LTG Day at the Sis.
That's how you know it's gonna be a great day.
Feels like a Monday here. I'm especially enjoying the rainy commute and the tropical weather my driver is providing on this bust. I will arrive wet with rain and sweat, yay!
He's got the heat cranked up to 11?
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2018, 07:00:24 AM
Morning Dave, looks like LTG Day at the Sis.
That's how you know it's gonna be a great day.
Feels like a Monday here. I'm especially enjoying the rainy commute and the tropical weather my driver is providing on this bust. I will arrive wet with rain and sweat, yay!
He's got the heat cranked up to 11?
She.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2018, 07:05:33 AM
Morning Dave, looks like LTG Day at the Sis.
That's how you know it's gonna be a great day.
Feels like a Monday here. I'm especially enjoying the rainy commute and the tropical weather my driver is providing on this bust. I will arrive wet with rain and sweat, yay!
He's got the heat cranked up to 11?
She.
Did you tell her there's no such thing as lady bus drivers, and to let a man handle it?
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 07:19:10 AM
Morning Dave, looks like LTG Day at the Sis.
That's how you know it's gonna be a great day.
Feels like a Monday here. I'm especially enjoying the rainy commute and the tropical weather my driver is providing on this bust. I will arrive wet with rain and sweat, yay!
Freudian slip there Tony?  Enjoying the driver's assets?
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2018, 07:25:11 AM
Morning Dave, looks like LTG Day at the Sis.
That's how you know it's gonna be a great day.
Feels like a Monday here. I'm especially enjoying the rainy commute and the tropical weather my driver is providing on this bust. I will arrive wet with rain and sweat, yay!
Freudian slip there Tony?  Enjoying the driver's assets?
LALTS
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 07:36:04 AM
Morning Dave, looks like LTG Day at the Sis.
That's how you know it's gonna be a great day.
Feels like a Monday here. I'm especially enjoying the rainy commute and the tropical weather my driver is providing on this bust. I will arrive wet with rain and sweat, yay!
Freudian slip there Tony?  Enjoying the driver's assets?
LALTS
For sure.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 07:44:50 AM
Dean and Bean must have had busy weekends....both sleeping in....
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2018, 07:57:22 AM
Morning Dave, looks like LTG Day at the Sis.
That's how you know it's gonna be a great day.
Feels like a Monday here. I'm especially enjoying the rainy commute and the tropical weather my driver is providing on this bust. I will arrive wet with rain and sweat, yay!
Freudian slip there Tony?  Enjoying the driver's assets?
She was a fine specimen. There might be something to this Freudian theory.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 08:14:21 AM
Morning Dave, looks like LTG Day at the Sis.
That's how you know it's gonna be a great day.
Feels like a Monday here. I'm especially enjoying the rainy commute and the tropical weather my driver is providing on this bust. I will arrive wet with rain and sweat, yay!
Freudian slip there Tony?  Enjoying the driver's assets?
She was a fine specimen. There might be something to this Freudian theory.
So maybe the bus temperature wasn't so bad after all.  Maybe it was just you...
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 15, 2018, 08:27:15 AM
good morning I Love Monday day.
phone was dead when I woke up.,took a ride to the gulf. quiet watching commercial going out.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2018, 08:29:14 AM
Dean and Bean must have had busy weekends....both sleeping in....
Sitting in the dentist office waiting room.  Semi annual maintenance visit.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2018, 08:31:03 AM
Morning Dave's and RalphCramdenTony.  Temps dropped 45 degrees from yesterday.  Cold and wet out there.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2018, 08:39:05 AM
Morning Dave, looks like LTG Day at the Sis.
That's how you know it's gonna be a great day.
Feels like a Monday here. I'm especially enjoying the rainy commute and the tropical weather my driver is providing on this bust. I will arrive wet with rain and sweat, yay!
Freudian slip there Tony?  Enjoying the driver's assets?
She was a fine specimen. There might be something to this Freudian theory.
So maybe the bus temperature wasn't so bad after all.  Maybe it was just you...
No, it was hot as balls.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 09:10:32 AM
Morning Dave's and RalphCramdenTony.  Temps dropped 45 degrees from yesterday.  Cold and wet out there.
Just in case you were missing the east coast...
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 09:12:35 AM
Morning GreetingCardDean and DentineBean.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 15, 2018, 09:38:22 AM
Morning Dave's and RalphCramdenTony.  Temps dropped 45 degrees from yesterday.  Cold and wet out there.
Just in case you were missing the east coast...
75° here, RealFeel 87°, heading into the 90's in the afternoon. 😏
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2018, 09:42:11 AM
Morning Dave's and RalphCramdenTony.  Temps dropped 45 degrees from yesterday.  Cold and wet out there.
Just in case you were missing the east coast...
75° here, RealFeel 87°, heading into the 90's in the afternoon.
Is Florida still there?
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 15, 2018, 09:54:03 AM
Morning Dave's and RalphCramdenTony.  Temps dropped 45 degrees from yesterday.  Cold and wet out there.
Just in case you were missing the east coast...
75° here, RealFeel 87°, heading into the 90's in the afternoon.
Is Florida still there?
my part of it is.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 10:03:46 AM
Morning Dave's and RalphCramdenTony.  Temps dropped 45 degrees from yesterday.  Cold and wet out there.
Just in case you were missing the east coast...
75° here, RealFeel 87°, heading into the 90's in the afternoon.
Is Florida still there?
my part of it is.
This time...
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 10:06:12 AM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 10:06:45 AM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Next, I need to track down a pack of Teaberry gum.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2018, 10:09:15 AM
Morning Dave's and RalphCramdenTony.  Temps dropped 45 degrees from yesterday.  Cold and wet out there.
Just in case you were missing the east coast...
No, but would like a little Texas fall weather.  Went right from summer to winter.  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 10:09:59 AM
In case you're looking to sample something a bit different...

Black Label Trading Company is one of the most popular boutique cigar companies on planet Earth! Their cigars are masterfully blended and manufactured...and the packaging is always the coolest thing you've ever seen!
And get this...WE HAVE THE FIRST & ONLY BOXES JUST RELEASED BY OVEJA NEGRA FOR THIS SAMPLER!
Now you can try several amazing BLTC blends in one shot with this Black Label Trading Company Sampler!
Here's What You Get...
1 - BLTC Benediction
1 - BLTC Last Rites
1 - BLTC Lawless
1 -BLTC  Royalty
1 - BLTC Salvation
(Some BLTC cigars may be substituted for other BLTC cigars based on availability.)
MSRP on these is over $60! BUT we are doing special pricing for a limited time of ONLY $39.95!
Get Yours NOW!

GET BLACK LABEL TRADING CO. SAMPLER NOW!

(from Cigar Federation)

Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2018, 10:11:16 AM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Never heard of it, either.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 10:11:30 AM
Morning Dave's and RalphCramdenTony.  Temps dropped 45 degrees from yesterday.  Cold and wet out there.
Just in case you were missing the east coast...
No, but would like a little Texas fall weather.  Went right from summer to winter.  Sheesh.
No, 44 degrees is NOT Winter!
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2018, 10:13:00 AM
Morning Dave's and RalphCramdenTony.  Temps dropped 45 degrees from yesterday.  Cold and wet out there.
Just in case you were missing the east coast...
No, but would like a little Texas fall weather.  Went right from summer to winter.  Sheesh.
No, 44 degrees is NOT Winter!
It is here!
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 10:13:25 AM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Never heard of it, either.
Back in the day was THE breath freshener.  If you ever taste it you would never forget!
Best known for covering up smoke or whiskey on the breath, but of course if the person smelled sen-sen on your breath, they knew that you were drinking and/or smoking.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2018, 10:45:37 AM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Never heard of it, either.
Back in the day was THE breath freshener.  If you ever taste it you would never forget!
Best known for covering up smoke or whiskey on the breath, but of course if the person smelled sen-sen on your breath, they knew that you were drinking and/or smoking.
Thank you for the explanation, SenSenDave.  Can't buy it on Amazon, so it apparently no longer exists.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2018, 10:58:10 AM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Next, I need to track down a pack of Teaberry gum.
Is this English?
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2018, 11:14:46 AM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Next, I need to track down a pack of Teaberry gum.
Is this English?
Sounds like "pinky out" English to me.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2018, 11:24:09 AM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Next, I need to track down a pack of Teaberry gum.
Is this English?
Sounds like "pinky out" English to me.
Looks like something OldTimerDave would purchase after tying up the horse and buggy at the corner apothecary.
(http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/8339/10333340_1.jpg?v=8CDA8ADA3FBBA60)
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 11:40:54 AM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Next, I need to track down a pack of Teaberry gum.
Is this English?
Sounds like "pinky out" English to me.
Looks like something OldTimerDave would purchase after tying up the horse and buggy at the corner apothecary.
(http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/8339/10333340_1.jpg?v=8CDA8ADA3FBBA60)
Clarks had some classic gums!
What's the matter with you young'uns?
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2018, 11:50:43 AM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Next, I need to track down a pack of Teaberry gum.
Is this English?
Sounds like "pinky out" English to me.
Looks like something OldTimerDave would purchase after tying up the horse and buggy at the corner apothecary.
(http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/8339/10333340_1.jpg?v=8CDA8ADA3FBBA60)
Clarks had some classic gums!
What's the matter with you young'uns?
They couldn't sell the gum with that elf character these days.  He'd send the snowflakes running for their safe spaces.
edit: And speaking of elves, it's about time for Tony to dig those out of the attic and start strategizing.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 12:06:31 PM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Next, I need to track down a pack of Teaberry gum.
Is this English?
Sounds like "pinky out" English to me.
Looks like something OldTimerDave would purchase after tying up the horse and buggy at the corner apothecary.
(http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/8339/10333340_1.jpg?v=8CDA8ADA3FBBA60)
Clarks had some classic gums!
What's the matter with you young'uns?
They couldn't sell the gum with that elf character these days.  He'd send the snowflakes running for their safe spaces.
edit: And speaking of elves, it's about time for Tony to dig those out of the attic and start strategizing.
I'm so, so glad those things came well after my kids Christmases.  There ain't gonna be no elfin' around with my grandkids in my house either.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2018, 12:29:05 PM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Next, I need to track down a pack of Teaberry gum.
Is this English?
Sounds like "pinky out" English to me.
Looks like something OldTimerDave would purchase after tying up the horse and buggy at the corner apothecary.
(http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/8339/10333340_1.jpg?v=8CDA8ADA3FBBA60)
Clarks had some classic gums!
What's the matter with you young'uns?
They couldn't sell the gum with that elf character these days.  He'd send the snowflakes running for their safe spaces.
edit: And speaking of elves, it's about time for Tony to dig those out of the attic and start strategizing.
That's big talk from a guy running for an extra blankie cause it's only gonna be in the 50s tomorrow. ;)
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2018, 12:29:55 PM
[...]
I'm glad I never started that tradition.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2018, 12:52:16 PM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Next, I need to track down a pack of Teaberry gum.
Is this English?
Sounds like "pinky out" English to me.
Looks like something OldTimerDave would purchase after tying up the horse and buggy at the corner apothecary.
(http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/8339/10333340_1.jpg?v=8CDA8ADA3FBBA60)
Clarks had some classic gums!
What's the matter with you young'uns?
They couldn't sell the gum with that elf character these days.  He'd send the snowflakes running for their safe spaces.
edit: And speaking of elves, it's about time for Tony to dig those out of the attic and start strategizing.
Oh God. I wish I didn't know what you were talking about.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2018, 12:54:42 PM
[...]
We'll just see about that.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2018, 12:59:26 PM
Oh no, I just got a call from the IRS. I'm in big trouble. I should call them back right away. I hope they can wait to collect their money until after I hear back from the Nigerian prince.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 15, 2018, 01:05:37 PM
Oh no, I just got a call from the IRS. I'm in big trouble. I should call them back right away. I hope they can wait to collect their money until after I hear back from the Nigerian prince.

Tony, you disappoint me. I thought for sure you would prank him.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2018, 01:07:51 PM
Oh no, I just got a call from the IRS. I'm in big trouble. I should call them back right away. I hope they can wait to collect their money until after I hear back from the Nigerian prince.

Tony, you disappoint me. I thought for sure you would prank him.
Thought about it. It was a computerized voice asking me to call a another number. Too much effort.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on October 15, 2018, 01:09:11 PM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Next, I need to track down a pack of Teaberry gum.
Nah, Just do the Clark's Teaberry shuffle!
https://www.oldtimecandy.com/collections/walk-the-candy-aisle-teaberry-gum (https://www.oldtimecandy.com/collections/walk-the-candy-aisle-teaberry-gum)
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2018, 01:11:27 PM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Next, I need to track down a pack of Teaberry gum.
Is this English?
Sounds like "pinky out" English to me.
Looks like something OldTimerDave would purchase after tying up the horse and buggy at the corner apothecary.
(http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/8339/10333340_1.jpg?v=8CDA8ADA3FBBA60)
Clarks had some classic gums!
What's the matter with you young'uns?
They couldn't sell the gum with that elf character these days.  He'd send the snowflakes running for their safe spaces.
edit: And speaking of elves, it's about time for Tony to dig those out of the attic and start strategizing.
That's big talk from a guy running for an extra blankie cause it's only gonna be in the 50s tomorrow. ;)
Raining like a sumbitch, too.  Flood advisory.  Gonna need my floatie, too.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2018, 01:14:39 PM
[...]
Start blowing up your water wings now!
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2018, 01:15:01 PM
Oh no, I just got a call from the IRS. I'm in big trouble. I should call them back right away. I hope they can wait to collect their money until after I hear back from the Nigerian prince.
Lol, I think my wife gets that call twice a week.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2018, 01:16:21 PM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Next, I need to track down a pack of Teaberry gum.
Nah, Just do the Clark's Teaberry shuffle!
https://www.oldtimecandy.com/collections/walk-the-candy-aisle-teaberry-gum (https://www.oldtimecandy.com/collections/walk-the-candy-aisle-teaberry-gum)
The next time I go here, I might look for it. This place is borderline ridiculous with the amount of candy they have, including stuff you haven't seen in years.

http://www.sweetiescandy.com/
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 15, 2018, 01:24:50 PM
Deals From Our Sponsors

Atlantic Cigar Co. — Oliva Serie V Melanio Figurado (Box of 10, $74.34)
Cigars.com — Factory Smokes by Drew Estate Maduro Churchill (Bundle of 25, $40.50)
Corona Cigar Co. — Davidoff Florida Selection 2018 (Box of 10, $284.95)
Famous Smoke Shop — Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2017 LC52 (Box of 24 + Five-Pack, $211.95)
JR Cigar — Montecristo Nicaragua No.2 (Box of 20, $228.60)
Lighter USA — XIKAR XO Silver/Black ($127.49)
Serious Cigars — Cornelius & Anthony The Gent Gordo (Box of 20, $175.50)
Thompson Cigar — La Gloria Cubana Estelí Robusto + Lighter (Box of 25, $99.80)
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 15, 2018, 01:26:42 PM
https://halfwheel.com/aganorsa-leaf-signature-series-corona-gorda/282992
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on October 15, 2018, 01:27:43 PM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Next, I need to track down a pack of Teaberry gum.
Nah, Just do the Clark's Teaberry shuffle!
https://www.oldtimecandy.com/collections/walk-the-candy-aisle-teaberry-gum (https://www.oldtimecandy.com/collections/walk-the-candy-aisle-teaberry-gum)
The next time I go here, I might look for it. This place is borderline ridiculous with the amount of candy they have, including stuff you haven't seen in years.

http://www.sweetiescandy.com/
the link says it was discontinued by the manufacturer
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 15, 2018, 01:28:07 PM
https://www.cigarpage.com/dropped-like-a-ton-of-bricks.html
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2018, 01:38:19 PM
Deals From Our Sponsors

Atlantic Cigar Co. — Oliva Serie V Melanio Figurado (Box of 10, $74.34)
Cigars.com — Factory Smokes by Drew Estate Maduro Churchill (Bundle of 25, $40.50)
Corona Cigar Co. — Davidoff Florida Selection 2018 (Box of 10, $284.95)
Famous Smoke Shop — Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2017 LC52 (Box of 24 + Five-Pack, $211.95)
JR Cigar — Montecristo Nicaragua No.2 (Box of 20, $228.60)
Lighter USA — XIKAR XO Silver/Black ($127.49)
Serious Cigars — Cornelius & Anthony The Gent Gordo (Box of 20, $175.50)
Thompson Cigar — La Gloria Cubana Estelí Robusto + Lighter (Box of 25, $99.80)
That's quite an assortment of options.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2018, 01:38:59 PM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Next, I need to track down a pack of Teaberry gum.
Nah, Just do the Clark's Teaberry shuffle!
https://www.oldtimecandy.com/collections/walk-the-candy-aisle-teaberry-gum (https://www.oldtimecandy.com/collections/walk-the-candy-aisle-teaberry-gum)
The next time I go here, I might look for it. This place is borderline ridiculous with the amount of candy they have, including stuff you haven't seen in years.

http://www.sweetiescandy.com/
the link says it was discontinued by the manufacturer
If it was discontinued any time in the last 10 years, there's a solid chance Sweetie's has it.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 01:53:53 PM
Oh no, I just got a call from the IRS. I'm in big trouble. I should call them back right away. I hope they can wait to collect their money until after I hear back from the Nigerian prince.
Did they use proper English?  Threaten you with arrest?
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 01:55:05 PM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Next, I need to track down a pack of Teaberry gum.
Nah, Just do the Clark's Teaberry shuffle!
https://www.oldtimecandy.com/collections/walk-the-candy-aisle-teaberry-gum (https://www.oldtimecandy.com/collections/walk-the-candy-aisle-teaberry-gum)
Thanks to Herb Alpert!
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 15, 2018, 02:01:47 PM
Oh no, I just got a call from the IRS. I'm in big trouble. I should call them back right away. I hope they can wait to collect their money until after I hear back from the Nigerian prince.

Tony, you disappoint me. I thought for sure you would prank him.
Thought about it. It was a computerized voice asking me to call a another number. Too much effort.
LOL. that sucks.
I like playing with them.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2018, 02:02:27 PM
Oh no, I just got a call from the IRS. I'm in big trouble. I should call them back right away. I hope they can wait to collect their money until after I hear back from the Nigerian prince.

Tony, you disappoint me. I thought for sure you would prank him.
Thought about it. It was a computerized voice asking me to call a another number. Too much effort.
LOL. that sucks.
I like playing with them.
TWHS
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2018, 02:05:23 PM
Oh no, I just got a call from the IRS. I'm in big trouble. I should call them back right away. I hope they can wait to collect their money until after I hear back from the Nigerian prince.

Tony, you disappoint me. I thought for sure you would prank him.
Thought about it. It was a computerized voice asking me to call a another number. Too much effort.
LOL. that sucks.
I like playing with them.
All that does is alert them that there's a human at the other end of that number, and that info will get sold all over. Screwing around with them isn't worth adding multiple robo-calls per day.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 02:14:01 PM
My oldest son and his wife didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned Sen Sen.
Found a pack yesterday and had them try it.   ;D
Next, I need to track down a pack of Teaberry gum.
Nah, Just do the Clark's Teaberry shuffle!
https://www.oldtimecandy.com/collections/walk-the-candy-aisle-teaberry-gum (https://www.oldtimecandy.com/collections/walk-the-candy-aisle-teaberry-gum)
The next time I go here, I might look for it. This place is borderline ridiculous with the amount of candy they have, including stuff you haven't seen in years.

http://www.sweetiescandy.com/
the link says it was discontinued by the manufacturer
If it was discontinued any time in the last 10 years, there's a solid chance Sweetie's has it.
When I picked up the sen sen, I also picked up some satellite wafers for the kids.  Knew they would love them and their mother wouldn't understand....win-win.  Was going to go with the candy cigarettes, but figured that would be pushing my luck.  Did get her some chocolate cigars for Christmas.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 02:16:30 PM
[...]

This is from a shop in Peddlers Village (PA) that has a lot of these old type candies in addition to home made fudge, chocolates and covered pretzels...at Skip's Candy Corner.

https://www.peddlersvillage.com/shop/skips-candy-corner
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 02:18:26 PM
[...]

They also have Bucks County House of Jerky, which was real popular on Sunday when we went.

https://www.peddlersvillage.com/shop/skips-candy-corner
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2018, 02:19:23 PM
[...]

Got some jerky in Amish country this weekend. Wishing I had some more of it.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 02:22:15 PM
[...]

Not to be confused with the Nut House, which is nearly rebuilt after burning down last year.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 02:25:16 PM
[...]

Of course always available on the interwebz....  https://houseofjerky.net/
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 15, 2018, 02:28:01 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on October 15, 2018, 02:45:34 PM
Hazzuh!
Bye Golf!
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 02:48:49 PM
Got a little work to do to get to page 8.  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 02:51:42 PM
What was lunch today Flip?
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 02:53:36 PM
Got to get your lottery tickets for this week....Mega Millions up to 655 Mil, Power Ball only 345 Mil.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 02:55:29 PM
Mr. Bean should be getting ready to settle into his work mancave with his scarf, hat and mittens....
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 02:57:31 PM
Bill Coors dead at 102.  Raise a glass tonight.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2018, 03:09:47 PM
Oh no, I just got a call from the IRS. I'm in big trouble. I should call them back right away. I hope they can wait to collect their money until after I hear back from the Nigerian prince.

Tony, you disappoint me. I thought for sure you would prank him.
Thought about it. It was a computerized voice asking me to call a another number. Too much effort.
LOL. that sucks.
I like playing with them.
TWHS
LMFAO!
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 15, 2018, 03:12:14 PM
Bill Coors dead at 102.  Raise a glass tonight.
Of beer or Coors?
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 03:23:43 PM
Bill Coors dead at 102.  Raise a glass tonight.
Of beer or Coors?
Now don't get nasty....
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2018, 03:24:27 PM
Bill Coors dead at 102.  Raise a glass tonight.
Of beer or Coors?
Good point.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 03:27:34 PM
Bill Coors dead at 102.  Raise a glass tonight.
Of beer or Coors?
Good point.
And don't encourage him.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2018, 03:27:40 PM
Bill Coors dead at 102.  Raise a glass tonight.
Of beer or Coors?
Now don't get nasty....
I remember when Coors had an exclusive cache to it with its availability limited to a few western states. Sorta like today when people think it's cool to visit Texas and buy Lone Star beer.   :P
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2018, 03:35:00 PM
Mr. Bean should be getting ready to settle into his work mancave with his scarf, hat and mittens....
Don't think I'll make it into the man cave today.  Not weather related, though.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2018, 06:13:32 PM
No mancave lull.  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 15, 2018, 07:55:28 PM
Bill Coors dead at 102.  Raise a glass tonight.
Of beer or Coors?
Now don't get nasty....
I remember when Coors had an exclusive cache to it with its availability limited to a few western states. Sorta like today when people think it's cool to visit Texas and buy Lone Star beer.   :P
Yes, and a student would come back from Colorado, bring a couple of cases, and it was treated like gold.
Title: Re: 10/15/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 15, 2018, 10:09:52 PM
Bill Coors dead at 102.  Raise a glass tonight.
Of beer or Coors?
Now don't get nasty....
I remember when Coors had an exclusive cache to it with its availability limited to a few western states. Sorta like today when people think it's cool to visit Texas and buy Lone Star beer.
Yes, and a student would come back from Colorado, bring a couple of cases, and it was treated like gold.
Same thing growing up. We took a family vacation out west when I was just out of high school which included a tour of the Coors brewery in Golden.  Drinking age there was 18. My sister was just 17 and couldn't have a sample of the beer like me.  She bitches about that to this day.