CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 09, 2018, 12:01:51 AM

Title: 10/9/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on October 09, 2018, 12:01:51 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 05:08:40 AM
good morning. Citrus County here closing at 9am and opening shelters.
EPC 2nd and coffee.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 05:27:30 AM
https://halfwheel.com/cigars-international-texas-opens-with-exclusive-macanudo/282743
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 05:28:40 AM
https://halfwheel.com/sans-pareil-ships-lancero-collection/282718
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2018, 06:01:14 AM
good morning. Citrus County here closing at 9am and opening shelters.
EPC 2nd and coffee.
Good morning, Dean. Go find some elevation.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 06:06:07 AM
good morning. Citrus County here closing at 9am and opening shelters.
EPC 2nd and coffee.
Good morning, Dean. Go find some elevation.
I am at least 8' above sea level in the worst zone here. I'm good. just gotta find gasoline.
good morning Tony.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 06:42:43 AM
gas tank is full tv 8 is set up at one of our local gas stations.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2018, 06:43:16 AM
gas tank is full tv 8 is set up at one of our local gas stations.
Did they interview you?
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2018, 06:48:02 AM
good morning. Citrus County here closing at 9am and opening shelters.
EPC 2nd and coffee.
Good morning, Dean. Go find some elevation.
I am at least 8' above sea level in the worst zone here. I'm good. just gotta find gasoline.
good morning Tony.
You got a generator to run the hot tub?
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 06:59:35 AM
Morning InternationalTony, AnticipatoryDean, and NotMeThisTimeDave.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 07:00:36 AM
gas tank is full tv 8 is set up at one of our local gas stations.
As long as Joe Cantore doesn't show up, you're OK.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 07:01:33 AM
gas tank is full tv 8 is set up at one of our local gas stations.
Did they interview you?
of course not.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 07:05:04 AM
Today is Tuesday, Oct. 9, the 282nd day of 2018. There are 83 days left in the year.
Today's Highlight in History:
On Oct. 9, 1776, a group of Spanish missionaries settled in present-day San Francisco.
On this date:
In 1888, the public was first admitted to the Washington Monument.
In 1910, a coal dust explosion at the Starkville Mine in Colorado left 56 miners dead.
In 1914, the Belgian city of Antwerp fell to German forces during World War I.
In 1930, Laura Ingalls became the first woman to fly across the United States as she completed a nine-stop journey from Roosevelt Field, N.Y., to Glendale, Calif.

In 1936, the first generator at Boulder (later Hoover) Dam began transmitting electricity to Los Angeles.
In 1958, Pope Pius XII died at age 82, ending a 19-year papacy. (He was succeeded by Pope John XXIII.)
In 1967, Marxist revolutionary guerrilla leader Che Guevara, 39, was summarily executed by the Bolivian army a day after his capture.
In 1985, the hijackers of the Achille Lauro (ah-KEE'-leh LOW'-roh) cruise liner surrendered two days after seizing the vessel in the Mediterranean. (Passenger Leon Klinghoffer was killed by the hijackers during the standoff.)
In 1995, a sabotaged section of track caused an Amtrak train, the Sunset Limited, to derail in Arizona; one person was killed and about 80 were injured (the case remains unsolved).
In 2001, in the first daylight raids since the start of U.S.-led attacks on Afghanistan, jets bombed the Taliban stronghold of Kandahar. Letters postmarked in Trenton, N.J., were sent to Sens. Tom Daschle and Patrick Leahy; the letters later tested positive for anthrax.
In 2006, North Korea faced a barrage of condemnation and calls for retaliation after it announced that it had set off a small atomic weapon underground; President Bush said, "The international community will respond."
In 2009, President Barack Obama was named the recipient of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize for what the Norwegian Nobel Committee called "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 07:05:11 AM
good morning. Citrus County here closing at 9am and opening shelters.
EPC 2nd and coffee.
Good morning, Dean. Go find some elevation.
I am at least 8' above sea level in the worst zone here. I'm good. just gotta find gasoline.
good morning Tony.
You got a generator to run the hot tub?
not yet. next month paycheck. electrician coming sometime this week to check everything to set it up. Harbor Freight has a 13 hp, 8750 max starting/7000 running watts, electric start for $599.99, plus $30 for the wheel kit.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 07:05:41 AM
Ten years ago: Calm gave way to fear in financial markets, turning a relatively steady day into a rout that pushed the Dow Jones industrials below 9,000 — to 8,579.19 — for the first time in five years. Jean-Marie Gustave Le Clezio of France won the Nobel Prize in literature.

Five years ago: The United States announced it was cutting hundreds of millions of dollars in aid to Egypt in response to the ouster of President Mohamed Morsi and the crackdown by the military-backed government on his supporters. Critic, author and editor Stanley Kauffmann, 97, died in New York.

One year ago: Declaring, "The war on coal is over," EPA chief Scott Pruitt said he would sign a new rule overriding the Clean Power Plan, an effort from the Obama administration to limit carbon emissions from coal-fired power plants. ESPN suspended anchor Jemele Hill for two weeks for making political statements on social media; Hill had referred to President Donald Trump as a "white supremacist" in a series of tweets. Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, at 84 the oldest current senator, announced that she would seek another term. The bodies of 100-year-old Charles Rippey and his 98-year-old wife Sara were found in the ruins of their Northern California home; they were among the victims of two deadly wildfires in the region.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 07:08:50 AM
Today's Birthdays:
Retired MLB All-Star Joe Pepitone is 78.
Former Sen. Trent Lott, R-Miss., is 77.
C-SPAN founder Brian Lamb is 77.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Nona Hendryx is 74.
Singer Jackson Browne is 70.
Nobel Peace laureate Jody Williams is 68.
Actor Gary Frank is 68.
Actor Richard Chaves is 67.
Actor Robert Wuhl is 67.
Actress-TV personality Sharon Osbourne is 66.
Actor Tony Shalhoub is 65.
 Actor Scott Bakula is 64.
Musician James Fearnley (The Pogues) is 64.
Actor John O'Hurley is 64.
Writer-producer-director-actor Linwood Boomer is 63.
Pro and College Football Hall of Famer Mike Singletary is 60.
Actor Michael Pare is 60. Jazz musician Kenny Garrett is 58.
Rock singer-musician Kurt Neumann (The BoDeans) is 57.
Country singer Gary Bennett is 54.
Movie director Guillermo del Toro is 54.
Former British Prime Minister David Cameron is 52.
Singer P.J. Harvey is 49.
Movie director Steve McQueen (Film: "12 Years a Slave") is 49.
World Golf Hall of Famer Annika Sorenstam is 48.
Actress Cocoa Brown is 46.
Country singer Tommy Shane Steiner is 45.
Actor Steve Burns is 45.
 Rock singer Sean Lennon is 43.
Actor Randy Spelling is 40.
Christian hip-hop artist Lecrae is 39.
Actor Brandon Routh is 39.
Actor Zachery Ty Bryan is 37.
Actress Spencer Grammer is 35.
Comedian Melissa Villasenor (TV: "Saturday Night Live") is 31.
Actor Tyler James Williams is 26.
Country singer Scotty McCreery (TV: "American Idol") is 25.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 07:09:31 AM
Thought for Today: "It is not good for all our wishes to be filled; through sickness we recognize the value of health; through evil, the value of good; through hunger, the value of food; through exertion, the value of rest." — Dorothy Canfield Fisher, American author and essayist (1879-1958).
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 07:09:58 AM
And we're Jammin' today as well.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 07:10:39 AM
gas tank is full tv 8 is set up at one of our local gas stations.
As long as Joe Cantore doesn't show up, you're OK.
I think he's up in Panama City.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 07:13:34 AM
morning Dave and Dave, looks like we're a Dave short this morning.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 07:16:56 AM
https://halfwheel.com/sans-pareil-ships-lancero-collection/282718
Pretty darn pricy!
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 07:28:24 AM
Guess that slacker Mr. Bean is sleeping in again.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 07:35:08 AM
https://halfwheel.com/sans-pareil-ships-lancero-collection/282718
Pretty darn pricy!
what, $3000 for 25 sticks? Mark could jump on that one.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 07:41:14 AM
Schools closed, gas stations low on fuel in Citrus Co.
Ryan Hughes·38 minutes ago
People in Citrus County are preparing for the wrath of Hurricane Michael as it sets its sights on the Florida Panhandle.

Although the county isn't in the direct path of the storm, it could still feel the affects.

As of Tuesday morning, Citrus County is under a Tropical Storm Watch and Storm Surge Watch, according to county officials.  They warn of life-threatening storm surge along the county's coast.

The county is also under a State of Emergency and the declaration has been signed by the Board of County Commissioners.

Residents in Zone A are under an immediate evacuation, as are people in mobile homes and RVs, according to information sent to 8 On Your Side by county officials.
Schools in the county are closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
Shelters open at 9 a.m. Tuesday.  The general population can show up at Lecanto Middle School or Citrus High School.  A pet-friendly shelter is open at Lecanto Primary School.  A special needs shelter is available at Forest Ridge Elementary Schools.
County leaders have also set up sandbag locations throughout the area. Get details here.

At a Race Trac gas station on U.S. Highway 19 in Crystal River, gas was hard to come by Monday night, according to a store worker.

She said the station ran dry around 9 p.m., but a tanker showed up around 10:30 p.m. to refill the pumps.

Throughout the morning, people have stopped in to fill up their cars and trucks as well as portable gas cans.

Other stations in the area have low or no gas, she said.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 07:42:40 AM
Immediate evacuation order in place for parts of Citrus County as Michael takes aim
Peter Bernard·9 hours ago
In Hernando Beach, new construction has to be on stilts to protect from storm surge. The area is in evacuation zone A. Zone B isn't far away.

Starting Tuesday morning at 8 a.m., a voluntary evacuation goes into effect.

Not far from Hernando Beach, in Citrus County, it is a mandatory evacuation.

That includes zone A and all mobile homes across the county.

At "The Reserve at Homosassa Springs" mobile home park, the manager is making sure everyone knows they need to move to a shelter.

"We're passing out notices now to all of our residents to keep them safe and give them as much advance notice as we can," said manager Dennis Tarr.

But we found a resident who is hoping history is on his side.

"Where we're located, we've seen a lot of storms stop just below us.  And that's going back for many many many years," said Jim Rosen.

Citrus County schools are closing on Tuesday and Wednesday.

While the immediate evacuation order is in place, shelters won't open until Tuesday morning.

"You have to be prepared. Be smart about it," said Angie Weber, as she filled her SUV at a Shell station.

Gas stations saw long lines as people filled up in advance of the storm.

"Getting gas like everybody else 'cause news spread the word. There's a hurricane," said Weber.

Citrus County opened several sand bag stations; 25 per person, already filled and ready to go.

"It's worrisome. But I really don't think it's going to amount to too much, but I don't want to take a chance," said Barbara Ficara, who picked up her allotment of sand bags.

The exact track of Hurricane Michael will determine if the voluntary evacuation in Hernando Beach becomes mandatory.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2018, 08:24:20 AM
@ Dean’O, are you over nearer to  Dunnellon now?
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2018, 08:26:06 AM
By today’s standards Not a bad offer Jamming now.

601 La Bomba Napalm

5 for $19.99 FS
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 08:28:04 AM
@ Dean’O, are you over nearer to  Dunnellon now?
oh no, not anymore, just a few miles from the gulf. I'll send you my address and you can google map it or something.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2018, 08:31:42 AM
Good morning to the Daves of the SC and NJ persuasion.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2018, 08:48:47 AM
Old TWA plane being hauled to NYC, where it will become a Coctail Bar
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2018, 08:49:04 AM
Good morning to the Daves of the SC and NJ persuasion.
Morning Mayor
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2018, 08:54:48 AM
@ Dean’O, are you over nearer to  Dunnellon now?
oh no, not anymore, just a few miles from the gulf. I'll send you my address and you can google map it or something.
Got it, you are almost on the river.  And walking distance to Denny’s👍
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2018, 08:59:36 AM
Old TWA plane being hauled to NYC, where it will become a Coctail Bar
I believe they still have a whole terminal at JFK that is sitting empty...
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 09:13:15 AM
https://halfwheel.com/sans-pareil-ships-lancero-collection/282718
Pretty darn pricy!
what, $3000 for 25 sticks? Mark could jump on that one.
You have a point.  Never even heard of the brand.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 09:16:22 AM
Old TWA plane being hauled to NYC, where it will become a Coctail Bar
Great, so you get to sit in cramped airplane seats waiting to get on your flight in cramped airplane seats.  Wonder if you have to use fold down tables instead of regular ones.   :P
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 09:17:04 AM
@ Dean’O, are you over nearer to  Dunnellon now?
oh no, not anymore, just a few miles from the gulf. I'll send you my address and you can google map it or something.
Got it, you are almost on the river.  And walking distance to Denny’s👍
and a marina just down the street for putting my kayak in.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2018, 09:18:20 AM
Speaking of putting it in... I'm enjoying NJDaves current cleavage theme.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 09:18:37 AM
Have no real interest in paying a premium price for a mystery cigar that Caldwell "found", but do love some of the names:

https://atlanticcigar.com/lost-found-back-door-bambi/
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 09:19:02 AM
Speaking of putting it in... I'm enjoying NJDaves current cleavage theme.
;D
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2018, 09:47:32 AM
Old TWA plane being hauled to NYC, where it will become a Coctail Bar
Great, so you get to sit in cramped airplane seats waiting to get on your flight in cramped airplane seats.  Wonder if you have to use fold down tables instead of regular ones.   :P
See, you overlooked the huge positives here.  I know you are old enough to remember those fine TWA Stewardesses that they could model the servers from........
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 09:57:29 AM
Old TWA plane being hauled to NYC, where it will become a Coctail Bar
Great, so you get to sit in cramped airplane seats waiting to get on your flight in cramped airplane seats.  Wonder if you have to use fold down tables instead of regular ones.   :P
See, you overlooked the huge positives here.  I know you are old enough to remember those fine TWA Stewardesses that they could model the servers from........
Or they could have gone with these...
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 09:59:14 AM
I was truly surprised when flying out of a nearby regional airport to be on a Pan Am plane.  Someone apparently is still using that name.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2018, 10:03:31 AM
I was truly surprised when flying out of a nearby regional airport to be on a Pan Am plane.  Someone apparently is still using that name.
I think they might be contract charter planes used in small markets
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2018, 10:17:15 AM
Pan Am Lull?
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2018, 10:18:39 AM
I had planned to go fishing today but high % chance of rain and thunderstorms along with a stiff
NorthEast breeze.  Extremely high tides too.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2018, 10:21:51 AM
I was truly surprised when flying out of a nearby regional airport to be on a Pan Am plane.  Someone apparently is still using that name.
I think they might be contract charter planes used in small markets
Or you need to lay off the trippy drugs.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 10:26:28 AM
Hey Mr. Bean, forget SouthWest, this is the airline booking service for you:

Cheapoair!

https://www.cheapoair.com/flights/booknow/cheap-flights?fpaffiliate=coa-bing-generic&fpsub=cheap-flights&utm_campaign=generic-generic-2&utm_term=cheap%20flights&utm_source=bing&utm_medium={cpc}&device=c&fpprice=&msclkid=e420ff9a4c5a14434062a426f61517e0&utm_content=Cheap%20Flights
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2018, 11:01:04 AM
Going to Simply Southern for some fried chicken and other lunch goodness .
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 09, 2018, 11:02:30 AM
110 mph storm now.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2018, 11:04:47 AM
Going to Simply Southern for some fried chicken and other lunch goodness .
Lunch sounds good. Time to figure out what to eat.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 11:07:05 AM
Think I'm leaning to a chicken cheesesteak from Aljons.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2018, 11:17:15 AM
gas tank is full tv 8 is set up at one of our local gas stations.
As long as Joe Cantore doesn't show up, you're OK.
I think he's up in Panama City.
But where is his brother Jim?  That's who you need to worry about.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2018, 11:18:06 AM
Guess that slacker Mr. Bean is sleeping in again.
Morning meeting off-site.  But GFY on general principle.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2018, 11:28:56 AM
Hey Mr. Bean, forget SouthWest, this is the airline booking service for you:

Cheapoair!

https://www.cheapoair.com/flights/booknow/cheap-flights?fpaffiliate=coa-bing-generic&fpsub=cheap-flights&utm_campaign=generic-generic-2&utm_term=cheap%20flights&utm_source=bing&utm_medium={cpc}&device=c&fpprice=&msclkid=e420ff9a4c5a14434062a426f61517e0&utm_content=Cheap%20Flights
Wow, I can fly to NYC for Halloween for $250 round trip with this.  Jet Blue.  Of course, they'll probably charge me for my carry on and checked bag, pay extra for the seat belt and to use the lav, but dang, that is pretty cheapo.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 11:32:56 AM
Hey Mr. Bean, forget SouthWest, this is the airline booking service for you:

Cheapoair!

https://www.cheapoair.com/flights/booknow/cheap-flights?fpaffiliate=coa-bing-generic&fpsub=cheap-flights&utm_campaign=generic-generic-2&utm_term=cheap%20flights&utm_source=bing&utm_medium={cpc}&device=c&fpprice=&msclkid=e420ff9a4c5a14434062a426f61517e0&utm_content=Cheap%20Flights
Wow, I can fly to NYC for Halloween for $250 round trip with this.  Jet Blue.  Of course, they'll probably charge me for my carry on and checked bag, pay extra for the seat belt and to use the lav, but dang, that is pretty cheapo.
I knew it was for you.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2018, 11:50:17 AM
Guess that slacker Mr. Bean is sleeping in again.
Morning meeting off-site.  But GFY on general principle.
It wouldn't be Tuesday otherwise.

Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2018, 12:22:22 PM
Official lunch lull...
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2018, 12:22:48 PM
Speaking of lulls, where's LTG today?
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2018, 12:27:45 PM
Speaking of lulls, where's LTG today?
Probably having another work celebration with Flo provided vittles.  Or somewhere blocking traffic with the snowflake brigade.  Neither is an excuse to not be bantering.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 01:07:27 PM
Speaking of lulls, where's LTG today?
Probably having another work celebration with Flo provided vittles.  Or somewhere blocking traffic with the snowflake brigade.  Neither is an excuse to not be bantering.
Like off site meeting excuses you mean?
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2018, 01:21:46 PM
Speaking of lulls, where's LTG today?
Probably having another work celebration with Flo provided vittles.  Or somewhere blocking traffic with the snowflake brigade.  Neither is an excuse to not be bantering.
Like off site meeting excuses you mean?
(https://i.gifer.com/555.gif)
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2018, 01:36:05 PM
Speaking of lulls, where's LTG today?
Probably having another work celebration with Flo provided vittles.  Or somewhere blocking traffic with the snowflake brigade.  Neither is an excuse to not be bantering.
Like off site meeting excuses you mean?
(https://i.gifer.com/555.gif)
Well placed. (TWSS)
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 02:43:27 PM
an anonymous gift in the mail. no note or return address but mailed locally. I think it's from the little Mexican lady I met at the crippled models birthday party a few weeks ago.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 02:44:59 PM
an anonymous gift in the mail. no note or return address but mailed locally. I think it's from the little Mexican lady I met at the crippled models birthday party a few weeks ago.
Little Mexican Lady....diversification is good.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 02:45:26 PM
When do maid/cleaning person interviews start?
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 02:46:53 PM
Speaking of lulls, where's LTG today?
Probably having another work celebration with Flo provided vittles.  Or somewhere blocking traffic with the snowflake brigade.  Neither is an excuse to not be bantering.
Like off site meeting excuses you mean?
(https://i.gifer.com/555.gif)
Well placed. (TWSS)
He's been dying to use that on other Dave.  Guess he just couldn't hold his excitement (TWSS)
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2018, 03:03:52 PM
When do maid/cleaning person interviews start?
And what made you think to ask about this?
(http://www.wearefine.com/mingle/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/unnamed-71.gif)
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 03:14:03 PM
Enjoying yourself aren't you?

Asking because I want to be properly prepared when the debriefing on the banter begins.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 03:14:50 PM
Really opening up the Liberal and ExtraLiberal files today, aren't you?
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2018, 03:24:32 PM
Really opening up the Liberal and ExtraLiberal files today, aren't you?
Yes.  Feel free to torch my truck.
https://www.kptv.com/news/vancouver-man-says-his-truck-was-set-on-fire-for/article_31d3cc9a-cb2e-11e8-8719-679d402d1c59.html (https://www.kptv.com/news/vancouver-man-says-his-truck-was-set-on-fire-for/article_31d3cc9a-cb2e-11e8-8719-679d402d1c59.html)
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2018, 03:25:24 PM
In the man cave with a Chief Cool Arrow.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 03:45:47 PM
When do maid/cleaning person interviews start?
suppose to be tomorrow. depending on storm.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 04:13:07 PM
the little Mexican is interested in cleaning, but I'm not sure she means my house.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 04:17:53 PM
In the man cave with a Chief Cool Arrow.
They are pretty nice aren't they?
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 04:18:34 PM
the little Mexican is interested in cleaning, but I'm not sure she means my house.
Careful what you might loose in the translation.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2018, 04:19:34 PM
In the man cave with a Chief Cool Arrow.
They are pretty nice aren't they?
Yes, have been enjoying them.  Also looking forward to sparking one from the AOK's sampler.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 04:20:42 PM
Take that, garbage!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/10/08/yellowstone-geyser-erupts-leaving-junk-decades-old/1570013002/
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 04:21:33 PM
Thinking I might be going with a Southern Draw when I get home.  Jacobs Ladder methinks...
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 04:36:23 PM
finishing up a Nica Rustica short robusto. then getting ready for a meeting.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2018, 04:53:55 PM
About to leave the office. Looking at an Aladino maduro robusto. Decent medium cigar by Julio Eiroa.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 05:10:24 PM
pouring here.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 09, 2018, 05:29:28 PM
About to leave the office. Looking at an Aladino maduro robusto. Decent medium cigar by Julio Eiroa.
Lots of black pepper, reminiscent of a DPG.  Thoroughly enjoying this.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181009/0da76d6835dafb7fc491e9d33dddae6d.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 05:43:50 PM
Michael now up to a cat. 3
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 05:45:08 PM
Michael now up to a cat. 3
The way it's supposed to be!
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2018, 05:51:45 PM
Michael now up to a cat. 3
The way it's supposed to be!
Indeed.  Wouldn't be Florida otherwise.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Bad Dad on October 09, 2018, 05:51:47 PM
Old TWA plane being hauled to NYC, where it will become a Coctail Bar
I'll have a Paper Airplane please...?  3/4 oz. Buffalo Trace, 3/4 oz. Amaro Nonino, 3/4 oz. Campari, and 3/4 oz. Lemon Juice.  Shake it and strain it...
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Bad Dad on October 09, 2018, 05:57:39 PM
110 mph storm now.
If my car can go 90 mph, and I drove into that storm, how fast would I be doing..?
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Bad Dad on October 09, 2018, 05:58:21 PM
Ooops, company is over.  I have to run..  Later all...  Oh, hi and good bye..!
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 06:01:01 PM
110 mph storm now.
If my car can go 90 mph, and I drove into that storm, how fast would I be doing..?
Well, my car CAN do 120 or so, doesn't mean I'm doing that...😏
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 09, 2018, 06:02:32 PM
Old TWA plane being hauled to NYC, where it will become a Coctail Bar
I'll have a Paper Airplane please...?  3/4 oz. Buffalo Trace, 3/4 oz. Amaro Nonino, 3/4 oz. Campari, and 3/4 oz. Lemon Juice.  Shake it and strain it...
Why 3/4 oz. ?  Just do a shot of each...why make it difficult?
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Bad Dad on October 09, 2018, 06:04:46 PM
110 mph storm now.
If my car can go 90 mph, and I drove into that storm, how fast would I be doing..?
I just realized this post may be in bad taste...  Please disregard... oops..  Oh, and I Dave...  But I still gotta go...
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 09, 2018, 08:20:57 PM
110 mph storm now.
If my car can go 90 mph, and I drove into that storm, how fast would I be doing..?
I just realized this post may be in bad taste...  Please disregard... oops..  Oh, and I Dave...  But I still gotta go...
Bad cigars are the only bad taste items we object to here.  We're even good with Bad Dads.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 09:22:02 PM
back from the meeting. pretty good turn out considering we met outside under the Inglis gazebo. not high tide yet but water is almost to the road on Riverside Drive in Yankeetown and Fort Island trail that leads to the beach. the Crystal River a block away is about to the underside of docks. worst of the surge is due around 3am, about hight tide (king tide - king tides are simply the very highest tides.) and again at 3:30pm.
Title: Re: 10/9/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 09, 2018, 09:42:03 PM
AF Cuban corona and lemonade before bed.

Fire Department going door to door letting us know about the mandatory evacuation. nobody living on the street is leaving. they may notes on a log.