CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 04, 2018, 12:01:21 AM

Title: 10/4/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on October 04, 2018, 12:01:21 AM
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 04, 2018, 05:28:33 AM
Happy Office Friday!
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 05:41:37 AM
Happy Office Friday!
There was one guy on here that used to call it, Little Friday. Or maybe I'm imagining that.

Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 04, 2018, 05:57:15 AM
SHEESH, I got to go to work today  :o
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 06:04:58 AM
SHEESH, I got to go to work today  :o
What?!?
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 06:06:21 AM
good morning Dave, Tony, and Dave. coffee and Short Story going.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 06:06:48 AM
SHEESH, I got to go to work today  :o
accident investigator?
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 04, 2018, 06:08:21 AM
Happy Office Friday!
There was one guy on here that used to call it, Little Friday. Or maybe I'm imagining that.

Good morning, Dave.
Sounds like #fakenews to me.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 06:09:06 AM
long day yesterday but a really nice one. great seeing my oldest daughter and grandkids. I am a very lucky man. going over to their place tonight for dinner and they can open gifts I brought.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 04, 2018, 06:09:16 AM
SHEESH, I got to go to work today  :o
accident investigator?
Of sorts
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 06:09:24 AM
good morning Dave, Tony, and Dave. coffee and Short Story going.
Good morning, Dean.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 06:09:49 AM
Happy Office Friday!
There was one guy on here that used to call it, Little Friday. Or maybe I'm imagining that.

Good morning, Dave.
just another Monday to me.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 04, 2018, 06:10:08 AM
SHEESH, I got to go to work today  :o
What?!?
Really!
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 04, 2018, 06:10:33 AM
Happy Office Friday!
There was one guy on here that used to call it, Little Friday. Or maybe I'm imagining that.

Good morning, Dave.
just another Monday to me.
Working on Saturday for me
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 06:10:38 AM
SHEESH, I got to go to work today  :o
accident investigator?
Yes
I forgot about that. Hope they're shelling out the big bucks in order to bring you out of retirement.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 04, 2018, 06:12:51 AM
SHEESH, I got to go to work today  :o
accident investigator?
Yes
I forgot about that. Hope they're shelling out the big bucks in order to bring you out of retirement.
I usually just work for food but might get a little tip for this one.😀
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 04, 2018, 06:24:48 AM
Shootout at the OK Corral near here yesterday, shot 7 cops (killed one) and a “civilian” (likely a drug mole set up to make a buy and got caught)
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 06:28:05 AM
Life is too short to worry about stupid things. Have fun, fall in love, regret for nothing and don’t let people bring you down! Enjoy a new day of your life! Happy Thursday!
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 06:28:21 AM
@SCTex: How long is your commute?
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 06:30:47 AM
Life is too short to worry about stupid things. Have fun, fall in love, regret for nothing and don’t let people bring you down! Enjoy a new day of your life! Happy Thursday!
Hey Dean, how did the game go?
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 04, 2018, 06:30:49 AM
@SCTex: How long is your commute?
Over an hour
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 06:32:11 AM
@SCTex: How long is your commute?
Over an hour
Sheesh. Is it just for the day or is there a chance that this gets extended?
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 06:32:27 AM
football game was a bit one sided. my grandson's team won.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 04, 2018, 06:34:57 AM
@SCTex: How long is your commute?
Over an hour
Sheesh. Is it just for the day or is there a chance that this gets extended?
Should just amount to travel time and a couple of hours today and done.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 06:36:20 AM
Tom Wahl's after.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 06:37:16 AM
football game was a bit won sided. my grandson's team won.
Congrats, gramps. How old is he? They do tend to be blowouts at this stage. Happily, we're usually on the winning side of that.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 06:38:45 AM
@SCTex: How long is your commute?
Over an hour
Sheesh. Is it just for the day or is there a chance that this gets extended?
Should just amount to travel time and a couple of hours today and done.
That's a nice change of pace. Hopefully includes a good lunch.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 06:40:50 AM
football game was a bit won sided. my grandson's team won.
Congrats, gramps. How old is he? They do tend to be blowouts at this stage. Happily, we're usually on the winning side of that.
13, modified football? he's offensive center and defensive end.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 06:41:01 AM
Tom Wahl's after.
That's a great photo. Which one is your daughter?
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 04, 2018, 06:42:58 AM
@SCTex: How long is your commute?
Over an hour
Sheesh. Is it just for the day or is there a chance that this gets extended?
Should just amount to travel time and a couple of hours today and done.
That's a nice change of pace. Hopefully includes a good lunch.
Most likely will enjoy a lunch, client is a pretty good guy.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 04, 2018, 06:43:55 AM
Tom Wahl's after.
Looks like everyone is having a great time.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 06:49:56 AM
https://halfwheel.com/fuente-ships-don-carlos-the-man-humidor/282221
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 06:52:29 AM
Tom Wahl's after.
That's a great photo. Which one is your daughter?
starting with me clockwise, Avery 8, Braden 13, Sarah my oldest, Lindsey 11, Jessi my baby and lawyer.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 06:53:32 AM
Tom Wahl's after.
Looks like everyone is having a great time.
it was well worth the trip.
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 06:54:13 AM
https://halfwheel.com/a-j-fernandez-jochy-blanco-collaborate-for-san-lotano-dominicano/282188
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 06:54:54 AM
https://halfwheel.com/oneoff-53-super-robusto/282124
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 07:00:18 AM
Tom Wahl's after.
That's a great photo. Which one is your daughter?
starting with me clockwise, Avery 8, Braden 13, Sarah my oldest, Lindsey 11, Jessi my baby and lawyer.
Ahhh, so two daughters are in the photo. They do look a lot alike. The kids are real cute too. Your ex must have been really good looking.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 07:03:34 AM
https://halfwheel.com/a-j-fernandez-jochy-blanco-collaborate-for-san-lotano-dominicano/282188
Does not appeal to me.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 07:08:29 AM
Tom Wahl's after.
That's a great photo. Which one is your daughter?
starting with me clockwise, Avery 8, Braden 13, Sarah my oldest, Lindsey 11, Jessi my baby and lawyer.
Ahhh, so two daughters are in the photo. They do look a lot alike. The kids are real cute too. Your ex must have been really good looking.
I thank God for that.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 07:33:48 AM
a little difference.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 07:49:37 AM
the workday must be in full swing.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 07:50:16 AM
more coffee and a BrickHouse robusto.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 04, 2018, 08:02:16 AM
Morning Dean, Tony, and Daves.  Chatty bunch this morning.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 04, 2018, 08:03:23 AM
Tom Wahl's after.
That's a great photo. Which one is your daughter?
starting with me clockwise, Avery 8, Braden 13, Sarah my oldest, Lindsey 11, Jessi my baby and lawyer.
Lawyer?  You've not been back to NY for a week and already a restraining order in the works?   ;)
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 08:15:59 AM
Tom Wahl's after.
That's a great photo. Which one is your daughter?
starting with me clockwise, Avery 8, Braden 13, Sarah my oldest, Lindsey 11, Jessi my baby and lawyer.
Lawyer?  You've not been back to NY for a week and already a restraining order in the works?   ;)
not yet.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 08:16:42 AM
Morning Dean, Tony, and Daves.  Chatty bunch this morning.
morning Mark.
well, they were chatty, but it ended.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 04, 2018, 08:21:48 AM
Tom Wahl's after.
That's a great photo. Which one is your daughter?
starting with me clockwise, Avery 8, Braden 13, Sarah my oldest, Lindsey 11, Jessi my baby and lawyer.
Lawyer?  You've not been back to NY for a week and already a restraining order in the works?   ;)
If he'd gone to the store for that long underwear, most definitely.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 08:25:47 AM
the workday must be in full swing.
Indeed.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 08:25:59 AM
Morning Dean, Tony, and Daves.  Chatty bunch this morning.
Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 08:26:45 AM
Tom Wahl's after.
That's a great photo. Which one is your daughter?
starting with me clockwise, Avery 8, Braden 13, Sarah my oldest, Lindsey 11, Jessi my baby and lawyer.
Lawyer?  You've not been back to NY for a week and already a restraining order in the works?   ;)
If he'd gone to the store for that long underwear, most definitely.
No doubt.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 08:56:38 AM
Is the site down?
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 04, 2018, 09:06:45 AM
Is the site down?
#DamnRuskies
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 04, 2018, 09:52:01 AM
The Place is offering free shipping all month, in case anyone is interested.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 09:59:49 AM
The Place is offering free shipping all month, in case anyone is interested.
No special code required?
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 04, 2018, 10:01:39 AM
The Place is offering free shipping all month, in case anyone is interested.
No special code required?
Doesn't look like it.

EDIT: Just tried it out, automatically applies.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 10:13:54 AM
The Place is offering free shipping all month, in case anyone is interested.
No special code required?
Doesn't look like it.

EDIT: Just tried it out, automatically applies.
What did you buy?
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: razgueado on October 04, 2018, 10:19:15 AM
Morning, muchachos.  Bomb threat to the agency yesterday. Good news is I got sent home early. Bad news, all my stuff is still at the office.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 04, 2018, 10:23:17 AM
The Place is offering free shipping all month, in case anyone is interested.
No special code required?
Doesn't look like it.

EDIT: Just tried it out, automatically applies.
What did you buy?
Nothing, just went through the motions to see if it would add the free shipping or not.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 10:25:48 AM
The Place is offering free shipping all month, in case anyone is interested.
No special code required?
Doesn't look like it.

EDIT: Just tried it out, automatically applies.
What did you buy?
Nothing, just went through the motions to see if it would add the free shipping or not.
Trickster.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 10:26:25 AM
Morning, muchachos.  Bomb threat to the agency yesterday. Good news is I got sent home early. Bad news, all my stuff is still at the office.
Good morning, YouDaBombBret.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: razgueado on October 04, 2018, 10:28:31 AM
Morning, muchachos.  Bomb threat to the agency yesterday. Good news is I got sent home early. Bad news, all my stuff is still at the office.
Good morning, YouDaBombBret.
Morning, Tony.  You want I should refer the mad bomber to the UN today?
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 04, 2018, 10:32:19 AM
Morning, muchachos.  Bomb threat to the agency yesterday. Good news is I got sent home early. Bad news, all my stuff is still at the office.
Good morning, YouDaBombBret.
Morning, Tony.  You want I should refer the mad bomber to the UN today?
(https://media1.tenor.com/images/08a3bce236693bf7fff541b06d77401e/tenor.gif?itemid=4457012)
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 04, 2018, 10:32:42 AM
The Place is offering free shipping all month, in case anyone is interested.
No special code required?
Doesn't look like it.

EDIT: Just tried it out, automatically applies.
What did you buy?
Nothing, just went through the motions to see if it would add the free shipping or not.
Trickster.
#fakecigarshopper
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 10:50:01 AM
I'm back from shopping. 3 dozen each of Zwiegles and Hoffman pop open hot dogs.

pouring rain but 68°, not bad. tomorrow it won't get out of the low 50's, good day to say goodbye to NY.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 04, 2018, 11:10:39 AM
I'm back from shopping. 3 dozen eack of Zwiegles and Hoffman pop open hot dogs.

pouring rain but 68°, not bad. tomorrow it won't get out of the low 50's, good day to say goodbye to NY.
Our 3 day highs are 75,68 and 84. That's fall in the midwest for ya.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 04, 2018, 11:25:45 AM
I'm back from shopping. 3 dozen eack of Zwiegles and Hoffman pop open hot dogs.

pouring rain but 68°, not bad. tomorrow it won't get out of the low 50's, good day to say goodbye to NY.
Our 3 day highs are 75,68 and 84. That's fall in the midwest for ya.
More warm, humid, wet weather ahead for us.  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 04, 2018, 11:27:26 AM
Back to cigars for just a minute, what is the consensus on these Crowned Head?
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html)
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on October 04, 2018, 11:34:21 AM
good morning boys, sat at the corner of 33rd st & 8th Ave, this morning and just watched the folks walking by.
played a game of "is it cosplay or just NYC?", trying to distinguish outlandish fashion, from folks dressed up to
go to New York Comic Con.  didn't realize it was today till I started noticing more over the type costumes.
The Lt. Uhura, was a toss up(red mini uniform & black tights), but the Boba Fett bounty hunter, was an easy guess.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 11:34:27 AM
Back to cigars for just a minute, what is the consensus on these Crowned Head?
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html)
they sound good Mark, but I know nothing about them.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 04, 2018, 11:38:10 AM
good morning boys, sat at the corner of 33rd st & 8th Ave, this morning and just watched the folks walking by.
played a game of "is it cosplay or just NYC?", trying to distinguish outlandish fashion, from folks dressed up to
go to New York Comic Con.  didn't realize it was today till I started noticing more over the type costumes.
The Lt. Uhura, was a toss up(red mini uniform & black tights), but the Boba Fett bounty hunter, was an easy guess.
Morning flip.  Those would go mostly unnoticed in downtown Austin also.  What's for lunch today?
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 11:42:35 AM
Back to cigars for just a minute, what is the consensus on these Crowned Head?
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html)
It's a nice smoke. I recall very creamy flavors and a short finish. Suitable for mornings. I wouldn't say it's my favorite Connecticut but that's a damn good price.

Where the heck is NJDave?
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 04, 2018, 12:03:46 PM
Back to cigars for just a minute, what is the consensus on these Crowned Head?
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html)
It's a nice smoke. I recall very creamy flavors and a short finish. Suitable for mornings. I wouldn't say it's my favorite Connecticut but that's a damn good price.

Where the heck is NJDave?
I know, slackin' again.  And on the rare occasion we care about his opinion. Sheesh!
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 12:06:21 PM
Back to cigars for just a minute, what is the consensus on these Crowned Head?
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html)
It's a nice smoke. I recall very creamy flavors and a short finish. Suitable for mornings. I wouldn't say it's my favorite Connecticut but that's a damn good price.

Where the heck is NJDave?
I know, slackin' again.  And on the rare occasion we care about his opinion. Sheesh!
Whoa! Don't put words in my mouth.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 04, 2018, 12:17:32 PM
Back to cigars for just a minute, what is the consensus on these Crowned Head?
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html)
It's a nice smoke. I recall very creamy flavors and a short finish. Suitable for mornings. I wouldn't say it's my favorite Connecticut but that's a damn good price.

Where the heck is NJDave?
I know, slackin' again.  And on the rare occasion we care about his opinion. Sheesh!
Whoa! Don't put words in my mouth.
(https://media.giphy.com/media/jkojXEIwuqp6o/giphy.gif)
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 04, 2018, 12:28:05 PM
Good day folks.  Just got in from travel home.  Good direction to be going in.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 04, 2018, 12:29:42 PM
Back to cigars for just a minute, what is the consensus on these Crowned Head?
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html)
It's a nice smoke. I recall very creamy flavors and a short finish. Suitable for mornings. I wouldn't say it's my favorite Connecticut but that's a damn good price.

Where the heck is NJDave?
I would generally agree with Mr. Tony.  I would have it in my top 5 Connies.  Like he said, damn good price.  I've already stocked up on a couple of boxes.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 04, 2018, 12:36:04 PM
Back to cigars for just a minute, what is the consensus on these Crowned Head?
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html)
While Holts is calling this a flash sale, they have had the Luminosa's at this price for a couple of months now.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 04, 2018, 12:37:35 PM
Back to cigars for just a minute, what is the consensus on these Crowned Head?
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html)
It's a nice smoke. I recall very creamy flavors and a short finish. Suitable for mornings. I wouldn't say it's my favorite Connecticut but that's a damn good price.

Where the heck is NJDave?
I know, slackin' again.  And on the rare occasion we care about his opinion. Sheesh!
Yea, caught me off guard again.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 04, 2018, 12:38:59 PM
Tom Wahl's after.
That's a great photo. Which one is your daughter?
starting with me clockwise, Avery 8, Braden 13, Sarah my oldest, Lindsey 11, Jessi my baby and lawyer.
Ahhh, so two daughters are in the photo. They do look a lot alike. The kids are real cute too. Your ex must have been really good looking.
Yea, that must be it.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on October 04, 2018, 01:21:33 PM
good morning boys, sat at the corner of 33rd st & 8th Ave, this morning and just watched the folks walking by.
played a game of "is it cosplay or just NYC?", trying to distinguish outlandish fashion, from folks dressed up to
go to New York Comic Con.  didn't realize it was today till I started noticing more over the type costumes.
The Lt. Uhura, was a toss up(red mini uniform & black tights), but the Boba Fett bounty hunter, was an easy guess.
Morning flip.  Those would go mostly unnoticed in downtown Austin also.  What's for lunch today?
Campbells canned savory Pot roast soup
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 01:27:30 PM
good morning boys, sat at the corner of 33rd st & 8th Ave, this morning and just watched the folks walking by.
played a game of "is it cosplay or just NYC?", trying to distinguish outlandish fashion, from folks dressed up to
go to New York Comic Con.  didn't realize it was today till I started noticing more over the type costumes.
The Lt. Uhura, was a toss up(red mini uniform & black tights), but the Boba Fett bounty hunter, was an easy guess.
Morning flip.  Those would go mostly unnoticed in downtown Austin also.  What's for lunch today?
Campbells canned savory Pot roast soup
The lower sodium / heart healthy variety?
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 04, 2018, 01:41:38 PM
good morning boys, sat at the corner of 33rd st & 8th Ave, this morning and just watched the folks walking by.
played a game of "is it cosplay or just NYC?", trying to distinguish outlandish fashion, from folks dressed up to
go to New York Comic Con.  didn't realize it was today till I started noticing more over the type costumes.
The Lt. Uhura, was a toss up(red mini uniform & black tights), but the Boba Fett bounty hunter, was an easy guess.
Morning flip.  Those would go mostly unnoticed in downtown Austin also.  What's for lunch today?
Campbells canned savory Pot roast soup
A decidedly not-exotic lunch menu, especially by flip-standards.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 04, 2018, 01:42:45 PM
Back to cigars for just a minute, what is the consensus on these Crowned Head?
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html)
It's a nice smoke. I recall very creamy flavors and a short finish. Suitable for mornings. I wouldn't say it's my favorite Connecticut but that's a damn good price.

Where the heck is NJDave?
I would generally agree with Mr. Tony.  I would have it in my top 5 Connies.  Like he said, damn good price.  I've already stocked up on a couple of boxes.
That's a good enough enablization for me.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 01:52:47 PM
back from lunch with daughter and her boyfriend. Bagels & More.
 HUMBERT STREET HURLEY: HOUSE ROASTED TURKEY . BACON .  AMERICAN CHEESE .  HONEY MUSTARD  .  GRILLED HOT ON A ROLL.  8.25
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 04, 2018, 02:05:40 PM
Back to cigars for just a minute, what is the consensus on these Crowned Head?
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html)
It's a nice smoke. I recall very creamy flavors and a short finish. Suitable for mornings. I wouldn't say it's my favorite Connecticut but that's a damn good price.

Where the heck is NJDave?
I would generally agree with Mr. Tony.  I would have it in my top 5 Connies.  Like he said, damn good price.  I've already stocked up on a couple of boxes.
That's a good enough enablization for me.
Does he still get a check from Atlantic for that one? ;)
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 04, 2018, 02:16:46 PM
Back to cigars for just a minute, what is the consensus on these Crowned Head?
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html)
It's a nice smoke. I recall very creamy flavors and a short finish. Suitable for mornings. I wouldn't say it's my favorite Connecticut but that's a damn good price.

Where the heck is NJDave?
I would generally agree with Mr. Tony.  I would have it in my top 5 Connies.  Like he said, damn good price.  I've already stocked up on a couple of boxes.
That's a good enough enablization for me.
Does he still get a check from Atlantic for that one? ;)
Probably, until Atlantic decides to audit their commission books and finds that AtlanticDave is actually AtlanticHoltsSBCSISCIPageBizDave.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on October 04, 2018, 02:17:38 PM
good morning boys, sat at the corner of 33rd st & 8th Ave, this morning and just watched the folks walking by.
played a game of "is it cosplay or just NYC?", trying to distinguish outlandish fashion, from folks dressed up to
go to New York Comic Con.  didn't realize it was today till I started noticing more over the type costumes.
The Lt. Uhura, was a toss up(red mini uniform & black tights), but the Boba Fett bounty hunter, was an easy guess.
Morning flip.  Those would go mostly unnoticed in downtown Austin also.  What's for lunch today?
Campbells canned savory Pot roast soup
A decidedly not-exotic lunch menu, especially by flip-standards.
i'll try harder tomorrow!   ::)
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 04, 2018, 02:21:23 PM
Back to cigars for just a minute, what is the consensus on these Crowned Head?
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html)
It's a nice smoke. I recall very creamy flavors and a short finish. Suitable for mornings. I wouldn't say it's my favorite Connecticut but that's a damn good price.

Where the heck is NJDave?
I would generally agree with Mr. Tony.  I would have it in my top 5 Connies.  Like he said, damn good price.  I've already stocked up on a couple of boxes.
That's a good enough enablization for me.
Does he still get a check from Atlantic for that one? ;)
Probably, until Atlantic decides to audit their commission books and finds that AtlanticDave is actually AtlanticHoltsSBCSISCIPageBizDave.
Not enough hits here to make ripples in the Atlantic commission dept. :D
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 04, 2018, 02:21:34 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 02:24:28 PM
Hazzuh!
I'm hazzuhing in my mind.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 04, 2018, 02:38:30 PM
My work day is done along with my work week and probably my work month.  Stopped by the marina and told them to have the boat gassed up, batteries charged and in the water Tuesday morning early.  Redfish are biting!
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 04, 2018, 02:38:43 PM
Tatuaje Havana VI Lancero Lit
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 04, 2018, 02:41:03 PM
Man, the waterway level has fallen almost 4’ and with heat and no wind it stinks badly 😷
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 02:50:16 PM
My work day is done along with my work week and probably my work month.  Stopped by the marina and told them to have the boat gassed up, batteries charged and in the water Tuesday morning early.  Redfish are biting!
Nice!
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 02:51:05 PM
Man, the waterway level has fallen almost 4’ and with heat and no wind it stinks badly
But that's why the fish are biting.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 04, 2018, 02:52:05 PM
Man, the waterway level has fallen almost 4’ and with heat and no wind it stinks badly
But that's why the fish are biting.
I don’t fish in this freshwater end of the Waterway
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 04, 2018, 02:54:50 PM
My work day is done along with my work week and probably my work month.  Stopped by the marina and told them to have the boat gassed up, batteries charged and in the water Tuesday morning early.  Redfish are biting!
Now the real work begins!
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 02:57:11 PM
My work day is done along with my work week and probably my work month.  Stopped by the marina and told them to have the boat gassed up, batteries charged and in the water Tuesday morning early.  Redfish are biting!

hope you go catching instead of fishing.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 04, 2018, 02:57:57 PM
Back to cigars for just a minute, what is the consensus on these Crowned Head?
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html (https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/luminosa-robusto.html)
It's a nice smoke. I recall very creamy flavors and a short finish. Suitable for mornings. I wouldn't say it's my favorite Connecticut but that's a damn good price.

Where the heck is NJDave?
I would generally agree with Mr. Tony.  I would have it in my top 5 Connies.  Like he said, damn good price.  I've already stocked up on a couple of boxes.
That's a good enough enablization for me.
Does he still get a check from Atlantic for that one? ;)
Probably, until Atlantic decides to audit their commission books and finds that AtlanticDave is actually AtlanticHoltsSBCSISCIPageBizDave.
Unless the FBI does a background check, they'll never find out.
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 04, 2018, 02:58:57 PM
My work day is done along with my work week and probably my work month.  Stopped by the marina and told them to have the boat gassed up, batteries charged and in the water Tuesday morning early.  Redfish are biting!
What do you usually use for bait?  Crabs?
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 04, 2018, 03:01:47 PM
My work day is done along with my work week and probably my work month.  Stopped by the marina and told them to have the boat gassed up, batteries charged and in the water Tuesday morning early.  Redfish are biting!
What do you usually use for bait?  Crabs?
Mud Minnows most of the time but sometimes  live shrimp or artificial lures
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 04, 2018, 03:28:48 PM
Shootout at the OK Corral near here yesterday, shot 7 cops (killed one) and a “civilian” (likely a drug mole set up to make a buy and got caught)
Crazy ass deal here, base on news reports the cops had a search warrant for a 27 year old male regarding sex crimes with young children in the house ( very nice home probably in the $500-600 k range)in an upscale neighborhood.  Cops knock the door down and a 74 year old Vietnam Nam vet with the screws not tight starts unloading on them along with shooting  a 20 year old male also in the House.  There were also some number of small children in the house which were used as hostages for a couple of hours before he let them go out after which the cops drove an armored vehicle into the house and he surrendered.

The 27 year old they were looking for was not even there
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 04:26:16 PM
My work day is done along with my work week and probably my work month.  Stopped by the marina and told them to have the boat gassed up, batteries charged and in the water Tuesday morning early.  Redfish are biting!
What do you usually use for bait?  Crabs?
Are you talking to Tex or Dean?
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 04, 2018, 04:40:51 PM
My work day is done along with my work week and probably my work month.  Stopped by the marina and told them to have the boat gassed up, batteries charged and in the water Tuesday morning early.  Redfish are biting!
What do you usually use for bait?  Crabs?
Are you talking to Tex or Dean?
thanks
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 04, 2018, 04:41:45 PM
My work day is done along with my work week and probably my work month.  Stopped by the marina and told them to have the boat gassed up, batteries charged and in the water Tuesday morning early.  Redfish are biting!
What do you usually use for bait?  Crabs?
Are you talking to Tex or Dean?
thanks
LMFAO
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 06:59:45 PM
Crabs lull?
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 04, 2018, 08:59:11 PM
My work day is done along with my work week and probably my work month.  Stopped by the marina and told them to have the boat gassed up, batteries charged and in the water Tuesday morning early.  Redfish are biting!
What do you usually use for bait?  Crabs?
Are you talking to Tex or Dean?
Score one for Tony!
Title: Re: 10/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 04, 2018, 10:17:32 PM
My work day is done along with my work week and probably my work month.  Stopped by the marina and told them to have the boat gassed up, batteries charged and in the water Tuesday morning early.  Redfish are biting!
What do you usually use for bait?  Crabs?
Are you talking to Tex or Dean?
Score one for Tony!
Ya keep talking shots and one's got to land...