CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: 2/22/2022  (Read 2586 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 2/22/2022
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2022, 08:37:52 AM »

Another warm day today, getting up near 60. Then we go back to cold temps overnight with the quickness. Hourly breakdown shows 52 at 2 am, then 34 at 3 am. Yikes.
Our warmest day will be tomorrow (almost 70° expected) and then it is going to get bitter cold again. Did I mention I need to go into the office on Friday?
That sucks. What's the occasion?
They want to gradually start opening the office again. Starting March 1st, they would like a maximum of 50% attendance (on a voluntary basis). I need to go in on Friday to pick up a new ID card since mine is way expired and I have not been back at all in 2 years.
If I am being honest, I would like to begin clearing my desk for the eventuality of not working there in the future. My current contract goes through the end of June and I am not sure I wish to renew. For example, I left a humidor there with cigars that will certainly be in need of maintenance.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2022, 08:38:31 AM »

Another warm day today, getting up near 60. Then we go back to cold temps overnight with the quickness. Hourly breakdown shows 52 at 2 am, then 34 at 3 am. Yikes.
Our warmest day will be tomorrow (almost 70° expected) and then it is going to get bitter cold again. Did I mention I need to go into the office on Friday?
They want to gradually start opening the office again. Starting March 1st, they would like a maximum of 50% attendance (on a voluntary basis). I need to go in on Friday to pick up a new ID card since mine is way expired and I have not been back at all in 2 years.
So are you planning on doing that, or is it just "voluntary"?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2022, 08:38:53 AM »

If I am being honest, I would like to begin clearing my desk for the eventuality of not working there in the future. My current contract goes through the end of June and I am not sure I wish to renew. For example, I left a humidor there with cigars that will certainly be in need of maintenance.
Well, that answers my question. Lol

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2022, 08:40:04 AM »

Is your humidor locked up in a drawer? Cause if it's just laying on your desk, I predict you will not have any cigars to resurrect. Lol

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2022, 08:56:39 AM »

Is your humidor locked up in a drawer? Cause if it's just laying on your desk, I predict you will not have any cigars to resurrect. Lol
lol

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2022, 08:58:02 AM »

So are you planning on doing that, or is it just "voluntary"?
I was asked to go in on Friday for my new ID. Then, I will likely "volunteer" to go in once per week until my contract expires.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2022, 08:59:39 AM »

It is locked up. But I am certain the rats figured out a way to get to 'em. I am not quite sure what to expect.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2022, 09:07:04 AM »

It is locked up. But I am certain the rats figured out a way to get to 'em. I am not quite sure what to expect.
I was surprised that all of my stuff was pretty much exactly where I left it. It was a nice combination of hey, I remember that and man, what the hell is this for?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2022, 09:11:10 AM »

I was surprised that all of my stuff was pretty much exactly where I left it. It was a nice combination of hey, I remember that and man, what the hell is this for?
LALTS. I am hoping for a similar experience.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2022, 09:25:03 AM »

good morning Tony, Dave, and Rick.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2022, 09:33:46 AM »

Hello, HotTubDean.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2022, 09:42:25 AM »

Morning, PlumberDean. Hot tub still functional?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2022, 09:53:10 AM »

Definitely feels like a Tuesday based on those deals. Morning, Tony.
For sure!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2022, 09:55:13 AM »

Definitely feels like a Tuesday based on those deals. Morning, Tony.
Good morning, Dave. I'm pretty sure that at 10:22:22 tonight it will be the most twos we'll ever see in our lifetime. That it should fall on a Tuesday is twice as nice.
Wouldn't that be at 2:22:22 ?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2022, 09:59:17 AM »

Morning Tony, Dave and Dean.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6