Re: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
« Reply #210 on: June 12, 2014, 09:15:19 AM »

So here it is boys, the medical standard for a person to be classified a Narcissist.  A person must exhibit 5 of these 9 traits to qualify!

1- Grandiose sense of self-importance
2- Preoccupied with fantasies of sucess, power, brillance, beauty, or ideal love
3- Believes themself to be "special" and can only be understood by others who are high-status
4- Requires excessive admiration
5- Sense of entitlement
6- Takes advantage of others (exploitation) to achieve own ends
7- Lacks empathy
8- Often envious of others OR believes others are envious of them
9- Arrogant, haughty behaviours or attitudes
I know we're supposed to be non-political here, but sheesh, Tony is not the first person who comes to mind upon reading this list.
You would be surprised the personality disorders that they have classisfications for, and how many people you might know that fit into them.  I remember the good old days when someone was just "fucked up", I miss those days!
Haha! Right? I feel like the more you classify these things and define them, the more people convince themselves they have one of them

Re: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2014, 09:15:35 AM »

[...]

Amen!

Re: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2014, 09:16:29 AM »

[...]

Big pharma can't sell a drug to treat "fucked up", thus hundreds of "disorders" for which meds can be prescribed.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2014, 09:23:19 AM »

[...]

Huh... Looks like the same list for "Asshole". Guess there's not much difference.

Morning, folks.
Logged

Smokedbacon

  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Doesn't work well in real life...
Re: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2014, 09:24:24 AM »

[...]

[/quote<><>Yep, just about everyone I deal with is, according to the, "Bi-polar and Schitzophernic".  In actuality, I have probably only dealt with a handful of people who are legitimately diagnosed.  The reason those are so popular to be diagnosed with is becasue insurance companies wont pay for doctor visits or treatment for a personality disorder, but will pay in full for Bi-polar or Schitzophrenia.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2014, 09:24:25 AM »

[...]

true. The only time grandiosity or a narcissistic trait should be treated is if the person is in a manic state (bipolar). If not we just call them assholes.

Re: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
« Reply #216 on: June 12, 2014, 09:24:55 AM »

[...]

Sure they can, don't sell them short.  There's just more available now for the more specific issues.  And there is that one cure all available at the liquor store.

Re: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
« Reply #217 on: June 12, 2014, 09:25:01 AM »

[...]

Well in that case, morning Narcissist Steve
Logged

Smokedbacon

  • Junior Status
  • *
  • Doesn't work well in real life...
Re: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
« Reply #218 on: June 12, 2014, 09:25:35 AM »

[...]

Ya hear that Tony, Oyam says you're an asshole!  lol
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2014, 09:27:40 AM »

[...]

personality disorders pay more now than other diagnosis. They are real, especialy if you have delt with a borderline you know what I'm talking about.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/12/2014
« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2014, 09:31:16 AM »

Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2014, 09:33:18 AM »

[...]

Well, it does sound nicer that way... =)
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/12/2014
« Reply #222 on: June 12, 2014, 09:37:23 AM »

Good morning to all. Brunch and then paintballin today. I'll bring a nice cigar for the host,  good guy.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/12/2014
« Reply #223 on: June 12, 2014, 09:38:52 AM »

11 Cain Habano 'F' Robusto
          5/22.50
10 Punch Uppercut Toro
         10/34.99
 9 PDR 1878 Cubano Especial Capa Madura Toro
          5/18.50
 8 AVO XO Robusto
         10/39.99
 7 H. Upmann 1844 Reserve Churchill
          5/23.50
 6 Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ Belicoso
         10/39.99
 5 Casa Magna Oscuro Belicoso
          5/22.50 4 Oliva Serie 'O' Churchill
         10/39.99
 3 Man O' War Armada Corona
          5/37.50
 2 The Griffin's
         10/37.50
 1 CAO Flathead
          5/20.50
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/12/2014
« Reply #224 on: June 12, 2014, 09:41:58 AM »

Dang, the Griffins did show up on the jam and I missed them. I was requesting them, you think they are watching?