CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44

Author Topic: 6/12/2014  (Read 127620 times)

sfish

Re: Narcissistic Personality Disorder
« Reply #210 on: June 12, 2014, 09:15:19 AM »

So here it is boys, the medical standard for a person to be classified a Narcissist.  A person must exhibit 5 of these 9 traits to qualify!

1- Grandiose sense of self-importance
2- Preoccupied with fantasies of sucess, power, brillance, beauty, or ideal love
3- Believes themself to be "special" and can only be understood by others who are high-status
4- Requires excessive admiration
5- Sense of entitlement
6- Takes advantage of others (exploitation) to achieve own ends
7- Lacks empathy
8- Often envious of others OR believes others are envious of them
9- Arrogant, haughty behaviours or attitudes
I know we're supposed to be non-political here, but sheesh, Tony is not the first person who comes to mind upon reading this list.
You would be surprised the personality disorders that they have classisfications for, and how many people you might know that fit into them.  I remember the good old days when someone was just "fucked up", I miss those days!
Haha! Right? I feel like the more you classify these things and define them, the more people convince themselves they have one of them

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2014, 09:15:35 AM »

So here it is boys, the medical standard for a person to be classified a Narcissist.  A person must exhibit 5 of these 9 traits to qualify!

2- Preoccupied with fantasies of sucess, power, brillance, beauty, or ideal love
3- Believes themself to be "special" and can only be understood by others who are high-status
5- Sense of entitlement
7- Lacks empathy
I know we're supposed to be non-political here, but sheesh, Tony is not the first person who comes to mind upon reading this list.
You would be surprised the personality disorders that they have classisfications for, and how many people you might know that fit into them.  I remember the good old days when someone was just "fucked up", I miss those days!
Amen!

Threebean

« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2014, 09:16:29 AM »

5- Sense of entitlement
7- Lacks empathy
Big pharma can't sell a drug to treat "fucked up", thus hundreds of "disorders" for which meds can be prescribed. 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2014, 09:23:19 AM »

5- Sense of entitlement
7- Lacks empathy
Haha! Right? I feel like the more you classify these things and define them, the more people convince themselves they have one of them

Huh... Looks like the same list for "Asshole". Guess there's not much difference.

Morning, folks.

Smokedbacon

• Junior Status
  • Doesn't work well in real life...
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2014, 09:24:24 AM »

5- Sense of entitlement
7- Lacks empathy
[/quote<><>Yep, just about everyone I deal with is, according to the, "Bi-polar and Schitzophernic".  In actuality, I have probably only dealt with a handful of people who are legitimately diagnosed.  The reason those are so popular to be diagnosed with is becasue insurance companies wont pay for doctor visits or treatment for a personality disorder, but will pay in full for Bi-polar or Schitzophrenia. 

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2014, 09:24:25 AM »

5- Sense of entitlement
7- Lacks empathy
Big pharma can't sell a drug to treat "fucked up", thus hundreds of "disorders" for which meds can be prescribed.
true. The only time grandiosity or a narcissistic trait should be treated is if the person is in a manic state (bipolar). If not we just call them assholes.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #216 on: June 12, 2014, 09:24:55 AM »

5- Sense of entitlement
7- Lacks empathy
Sure they can, don't sell them short.  There's just more available now for the more specific issues.  And there is that one cure all available at the liquor store.

sfish

« Reply #217 on: June 12, 2014, 09:25:01 AM »

5- Sense of entitlement
7- Lacks empathy

Huh... Looks like the same list for "Asshole". Guess there's not much difference.

Morning, folks.
Well in that case, morning Narcissist Steve

Smokedbacon

• Junior Status
  • Doesn't work well in real life...
« Reply #218 on: June 12, 2014, 09:25:35 AM »

5- Sense of entitlement
7- Lacks empathy
true. The only time grandiosity or a narcissistic trait should be treated is if the person is in a manic state (bipolar). If not we just call them assholes.
Ya hear that Tony, Oyam says you're an asshole!  lol

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2014, 09:27:40 AM »

5- Sense of entitlement
7- Lacks empathy
[/quote<><>Yep, just about everyone I deal with is, according to the, "Bi-polar and Schitzophernic".  In actuality, I have probably only dealt with a handful of people who are legitimately diagnosed.  The reason those are so popular to be diagnosed with is becasue insurance companies wont pay for doctor visits or treatment for a personality disorder, but will pay in full for Bi-polar or Schitzophrenia.
personality disorders pay more now than other diagnosis. They are real, especialy if you have delt with a borderline you know what I'm talking about.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 6/12/2014
« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2014, 09:31:16 AM »

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2014, 09:33:18 AM »

5- Sense of entitlement
7- Lacks empathy

Morning, folks.
Well in that case, morning Narcissist Steve

Well, it does sound nicer that way... =)

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #222 on: June 12, 2014, 09:37:23 AM »

Good morning to all. Brunch and then paintballin today. I'll bring a nice cigar for the host,  good guy.

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #223 on: June 12, 2014, 09:38:52 AM »

11 Cain Habano 'F' Robusto
          5/22.50
10 Punch Uppercut Toro
         10/34.99
 9 PDR 1878 Cubano Especial Capa Madura Toro
          5/18.50
 8 AVO XO Robusto
         10/39.99
 7 H. Upmann 1844 Reserve Churchill
          5/23.50
 6 Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ Belicoso
         10/39.99
 5 Casa Magna Oscuro Belicoso
          5/22.50 4 Oliva Serie 'O' Churchill
         10/39.99
 3 Man O' War Armada Corona
          5/37.50
 2 The Griffin's
         10/37.50
 1 CAO Flathead
          5/20.50

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #224 on: June 12, 2014, 09:41:58 AM »

Dang, the Griffins did show up on the jam and I missed them. I was requesting them, you think they are watching?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44