CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 11, 2018, 12:01:02 AM

Title: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on September 11, 2018, 12:01:02 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 11, 2018, 04:53:05 AM
good morning banter.
La Palina Classic and coffee.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 11, 2018, 04:57:08 AM
TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Five men were caught on camera pocketing nearly $1,000 worth of cigars from a Ybor City store.

According to police, the men stole the cigars from Long Ash Cigars on East 7th Avenue in Ybor City.

Police asked the public to help them "smoke out these cigar thieves from their hiding place" by passing along anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers.

To be eligible for up to $3,000, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS or go online.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 11, 2018, 05:25:16 AM
TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Five men were caught on camera pocketing nearly $1,000 worth of cigars from a Ybor City store.

According to police, the men stole the cigars from Long Ash Cigars on East 7th Avenue in Ybor City.

Police asked the public to help them "smoke out these cigar thieves from their hiding place" by passing along anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers.

To be eligible for up to $3,000, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS or go online.
What'd they steal, 5 Gurkhas?
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 11, 2018, 05:56:47 AM
Morning Storm Chasers
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 11, 2018, 05:59:05 AM
Jim Cantore is in Wrightsville Beach, NC which is 74 miles from here so we should be pretty safe.

Seriously, for SC we are on the weak side of the storm and inland flooding from rainfall is the real potential risk
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 11, 2018, 06:01:29 AM
TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Five men were caught on camera pocketing nearly $1,000 worth of cigars from a Ybor City store.

According to police, the men stole the cigars from Long Ash Cigars on East 7th Avenue in Ybor City.

Police asked the public to help them "smoke out these cigar thieves from their hiding place" by passing along anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers.

To be eligible for up to $3,000, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS or go online.
What'd they steal, 5 Gurkhas?
$3000 reward for a $1000 shoplifting theft which was probably closer to $500 worth. ::)
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 11, 2018, 06:04:38 AM
Jim Cantore is in Wrightsville Beach, NC which is 74 miles from here so we should be pretty safe.

Seriously, for SC inland flooding from rainfall is the real potential risk
I hope you stay safe. just stay away from Cantore and you'll be fine.
I had the displeasure,of having him on top of a few snow enents I worked in NY.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 11, 2018, 06:06:44 AM
gas stations here are busier than usual.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 11, 2018, 06:12:59 AM
gas stations here are busier than usual.
Oh hell, many stations were out of gas yesterday evening.

Family and I filled all,the vehicles up Over the weekend so we are good on fuel.

We have hotel rooms and are ready to go to Columbia tomorrow morning very early if necessary.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 11, 2018, 06:14:35 AM
Jim Cantore is in Wrightsville Beach, NC which is 74 miles from here so we should be pretty safe.

Seriously, for SC inland flooding from rainfall is the real potential risk
I hope you stay safe. just stay away from Cantore and you'll be fine.
I had the displeasure,of having him on top of a few snow enents I worked in NY.
I met him years ago and he is a total jackass to say the least.

I am basing everything on the NWS tracks so if those start moving drastically then we might have to grab our ass and run.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 06:19:21 AM
good morning banter.
La Palina Classic and coffee.
Good morning, Dean. How do you like those La Palinas?
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 11, 2018, 06:19:29 AM
If you want to watch the storm coming in this camera offshore of Cape Fear, NC should work until it blows off. (Only visible during daylight hours). Cape Fear is very near Wrightsville Beach where Cantore is.

https://explore.org/livecams/frying-pan/frying-pan-cam
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 11, 2018, 06:20:47 AM
Jim Cantore is in Wrightsville Beach, NC which is 74 miles from here so we should be pretty safe.

Seriously, for SC inland flooding from rainfall is the real potential risk
I hope you stay safe. just stay away from Cantore and you'll be fine.
I had the displeasure,of having him on top of a few snow enents I worked in NY.
I met him years ago and he is a total jackass to say the least.

I am basing everything on the NWS tracks so if those start moving drastically then we might have to grab our ass and run.
second time I met him was in Long Island and I finally had to tell him to get his crew out of my way so my men could go to work or his gear would get plowed up. he is an arrogant bastard.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 06:22:47 AM
Good morning, LTG and RunningForCoverDave.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 11, 2018, 06:25:39 AM
good morning banter.
La Palina Classic and coffee.
Good morning, Dean. How do you like those La Palinas?
nice anytime smoke. I'll buy them again. forgot what I paid on the Page 5ver sale but they were cheap enough that I bought 20 sticks.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 11, 2018, 06:29:01 AM
If you want to watch the storm coming in this camera offshore of Cape Fear, NC should work until it blows off. (Only visible during daylight hours). Cape Fear is very near Wrightsville Beach where Cantore is.

https://explore.org/livecams/frying-pan/frying-pan-cam
looks like the sun is up there, calm seas.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 11, 2018, 06:29:42 AM
Time to get my azz moving, got to walk the dogs then finish getting the house all ready and load the car.  Going to my sons house around mid morning where we will spend the night then determine if we need to evacuate early in the morning.

Will check in later.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 11, 2018, 06:32:56 AM
If you want to watch the storm coming in this camera offshore of Cape Fear, NC should work until it blows off. (Only visible during daylight hours). Cape Fear is very near Wrightsville Beach where Cantore is.

https://explore.org/livecams/frying-pan/frying-pan-cam
looks like the sun is up there, calm seas.
Here is a live video near Charleston, SC and it also has cameras scattered along the NC Coast.

http://surfchex.com/cams/folly-beach-web-cam/
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 06:38:35 AM
Jim Cantore is in Wrightsville Beach, NC which is 74 miles from here so we should be pretty safe.

Seriously, for SC we are on the weak side of the storm and inland flooding from rainfall is the real potential risk
Not wishing bad on NC, but fingers crossed it stays that way.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 06:41:45 AM
Morning RestrainingOrderDean, OhioDave, Mr. Mayor and ReadyForTheBlowDave.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 06:45:16 AM
Today is Tuesday, Sept. 11, the 254th day of 2018. There are 111 days left in the year.
Today's Highlight in History:
On Sept. 11, 2001, on America's single-worst day of terrorism, nearly 3,000 people were killed as 19 al-Qaida members hijacked four passenger jetliners, sending two of the planes smashing into New York's World Trade Center, one into the Pentagon and the fourth into a field in western Pennsylvania.
On this date:
In 1297, Scottish rebels led by William Wallace and Andrew Moray defeated English troops in the Battle of Stirling Bridge during the First War of Scottish Independence.
In 1789, Alexander Hamilton was appointed the first U.S. Secretary of the Treasury.
In 1814, an American fleet scored a decisive victory over the British in the Battle of Lake Champlain in the War of 1812.
In 1857, the Mountain Meadows Massacre took place in present-day southern Utah as a 120-member Arkansas immigrant party was slaughtered by Mormon militiamen aided by Paiute Indians.
In 1936, Boulder Dam (now Hoover Dam) began operation as President Franklin D. Roosevelt pressed a key in Washington to signal the startup of the dam's first hydroelectric generator.
In 1941, groundbreaking took place for the Pentagon. In a speech that drew accusations of anti-Semitism, Charles A. Lindbergh told an America First rally in Des Moines, Iowa, that "the British, the Jewish and the Roosevelt administration" were pushing the United States toward war.
In 1954, the Miss America pageant made its network TV debut on ABC; Miss California, Lee Meriwether, was crowned the winner.
In 1967, the comedy-variety program "The Carol Burnett Show" premiered on CBS.
In 2003, actor John Ritter died six days before his 55th birthday at Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, Calif. — the same hospital where he was born in 1948.
In 2006, in a prime-time address, President George W. Bush invoked the memory of the victims of the 9/11 attacks as he staunchly defended the war in Iraq, though he acknowledged that Saddam Hussein was not responsible for the attacks.
In 2007, a new Osama bin Laden videotape was released on the sixth anniversary of 9/11; in it, the al-Qaida leader's voice is heard commemorating one of the suicide hijackers and calling on young Muslims to follow his example by martyring themselves in attacks.
In 2012, a mob armed with guns and grenades launched a fiery nightlong attack on a U.S. diplomatic outpost and a CIA annex in Benghazi, Libya, killing U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 06:46:07 AM
Ten years ago: Presidential candidates John McCain and Barack Obama put aside politics as they visited ground zero together on the anniversary of 9/11 to honor its victims. ABC News broadcast an interview with John McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, who said she was ready to be president if called upon, but sidestepped questions on whether she had the national security credentials needed to be commander in chief.

Five years ago: A car bomb tore through a Libyan Foreign Ministry building in the eastern city of Benghazi on the anniversary of a deadly attack on the U.S. consulate there as well as the 2001 terror attacks in the United States. More than 1 million people showed their support for Catalan independence by joining hands to form a 250-mile human chain across the northeastern region of Spain.

One year ago: Authorities sent an aircraft carrier and other Navy ships to help with search-and-rescue operations in Florida, where a flyover of the Keys revealed what Gov. Rick Scott described as scenes of devastation from Hurricane Irma. Irma weakened to a tropical storm, and then a tropical depression, and finally left Florida after a run up the entire 400-mile length of the state. An estimated 13 million people in Florida remained without power.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 06:49:15 AM
Today's Birthdays:
Actor Earl Holliman is 90.
Comedian Tom Dreesen is 79.
Movie director Brian De Palma is 78.
Singer-actress-dancer Lola Falana is 76.
Rock musician Mickey Hart (The Dead) is 75.
Singer-musician Leo Kottke is 73.
Actor Phillip Alford is 70.
Actress Amy Madigan is 68.
Rock singer-musician Tommy Shaw (Styx) is 65.
Sports reporter Lesley Visser is 65.
Actor Reed Birney is 64.
Former Homeland Security Secretary Jeh (jay) Johnson is 61.
Musician Jon Moss (Culture Club) is 61.
Actor Scott Patterson is 60.
Rock musician Mick Talbot (The Style Council) is 60.
Actress Roxann Dawson is 60.
Actor John Hawkes is 59.
Actress Anne Ramsay is 58.
Actress Virginia Madsen is 57.
Actress Kristy McNichol is 56.
Musician-composer Moby is 53.
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad is 53.
Business reporter Maria Bartiromo is 51.
Singer Harry Connick Jr. is 51.
Rock musician Bart Van Der Zeeuw is 50.
Actress Taraji (tuh-RAH'-jee) P. Henson is 48.
Actress Laura Wright is 48.
Rock musician Jeremy Popoff (Lit) is 47.
Blogger Markos Moulitsas is 47.
Singer Brad Fischetti (LFO) is 43.
Rapper Mr. Black is 41.
Rock musician Jon Buckland (Coldplay) is 41.
apper Ludacris is 41.
Rock singer Ben Lee is 40.
Actor Ryan Slattery is 40.
Actress Ariana Richards is 39.
Country singer Charles Kelley (Lady Antebellum) is 37.
Actress Elizabeth Henstridge is 31.
Actor Tyler Hoechlin (HEK'-lihn) is 31.
Actress Mackenzie Aladjem is 17.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 11, 2018, 06:49:56 AM
Morning RestrainingOrderDean, OhioDave, Mr. Mayor and ReadyForTheBlowDave.
do you know something I don't know?
morning Dave.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 06:51:34 AM
Thought for Today: "A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer." — Ralph Waldo Emerson, American poet and essayist (1803-1882).
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 06:53:06 AM
Time to get my azz moving, got to walk the dogs then finish getting the house all ready and load the car.  Going to my sons house around mid morning where we will spend the night then determine if we need to evacuate early in the morning.

Will check in later.
Good luck to you.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 06:53:27 AM
Morning RestrainingOrderDean, OhioDave, Mr. Mayor and ReadyForTheBlowDave.
do you know something I don't know?
morning Dave.
Well, we knew about Pete Johnson, but Jim Cantore before him?  lol
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 06:54:19 AM
Morning RestrainingOrderDean, OhioDave, Mr. Mayor and ReadyForTheBlowDave.
Good morning, HomageAvvyDave.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 11, 2018, 06:55:42 AM
Thought for Today: "A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer." — Ralph Waldo Emerson, American poet and essayist (1803-1882).
My wife is always talking about five minutes longer, too. Wonder if this is what she's talking about...
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 07:02:40 AM
This storm could very well do a major remodeling of the Outer Banks.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 07:03:48 AM
Thought for Today: "A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer." — Ralph Waldo Emerson, American poet and essayist (1803-1882).
My wife is always talking about five minutes longer, too. Wonder if this is what she's talking about...
Ummmmm…...probably not.....
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 11, 2018, 07:04:06 AM
Morning RestrainingOrderDean, OhioDave, Mr. Mayor and ReadyForTheBlowDave.
do you know something I don't know?
morning Dave.
Well, we knew about Pete Johnson, but Jim Cantore before him?  lol
no order of protection, but I never cared who I told to GFY.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 11, 2018, 07:08:18 AM
This storm could very well do a major remodeling of the Outer Banks.
they may end up being Inner Banks.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 07:15:06 AM
Morning RestrainingOrderDean, OhioDave, Mr. Mayor and ReadyForTheBlowDave.
do you know something I don't know?
morning Dave.
Well, we knew about Pete Johnson, but Jim Cantore before him?  lol
no order of protection, but I never cared who I told to GFY.
All before the laid back Florida Dean!
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 07:20:56 AM
Thought for Today: "A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer." — Ralph Waldo Emerson, American poet and essayist (1803-1882).
My wife is always talking about five minutes longer, too. Wonder if this is what she's talking about...
Hold out and you'd be a hero!
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 11, 2018, 07:23:18 AM
This storm could very well do a major remodeling of the Outer Banks.
Almost a sure thing
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 11, 2018, 07:28:10 AM
Warden was supposed to come home tomorrow night but she is stuck there until probably early next week.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 11, 2018, 07:31:55 AM
Thought for Today: "A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer." — Ralph Waldo Emerson, American poet and essayist (1803-1882).
My wife is always talking about five minutes longer, too. Wonder if this is what she's talking about...
Hold out and you'd be a hero!
LALTS
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 07:33:06 AM
good morning banter.
La Palina Classic and coffee.
Good morning, Dean. How do you like those La Palinas?
nice anytime smoke. I'll buy them again. forgot what I paid on the Page 5ver sale but they were cheap enough that I bought 20 sticks.
I'm a fan.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 11, 2018, 07:42:55 AM
good morning banter.
La Palina Classic and coffee.
Good morning, Dean. How do you like those La Palinas?
nice anytime smoke. I'll buy them again. forgot what I paid on the Page 5ver sale but they were cheap enough that I bought 20 sticks.
I'm a fan.
Also, they were $18.50/10.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 07:45:51 AM
good morning banter.
La Palina Classic and coffee.
Good morning, Dean. How do you like those La Palinas?
nice anytime smoke. I'll buy them again. forgot what I paid on the Page 5ver sale but they were cheap enough that I bought 20 sticks.
I'm a fan.
Also, they were $18.50/10.
I believe those were the Red, not the Classic. But I like those too.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 11, 2018, 07:54:37 AM
Morning storm watchers. Drizzly here again.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 11, 2018, 08:16:29 AM
Morning storm watchers. Drizzly here again.
72° and sunny, RealFeel 82° heading into the 90's with thunderstorms predicted.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 11, 2018, 08:29:05 AM
good morning banter.
La Palina Classic and coffee.
Good morning, Dean. How do you like those La Palinas?
nice anytime smoke. I'll buy them again. forgot what I paid on the Page 5ver sale but they were cheap enough that I bought 20 sticks.
I'm a fan.
Also, they were $18.50/10.
I believe those were the Red, not the Classic. But I like those too.
Ah yes, right you are.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 11, 2018, 08:29:28 AM
good morning banter.
La Palina Classic and coffee.
Good morning, Dean. How do you like those La Palinas?
nice anytime smoke. I'll buy them again. forgot what I paid on the Page 5ver sale but they were cheap enough that I bought 20 sticks.
I'm a fan.
Also, they were $18.50/10.
I believe those were the Red, not the Classic. But I like those too.
Ah yes, right you are.
Now you can show this post to your wife and say, "see, I AM right sometimes!"
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 11, 2018, 08:38:08 AM
Morning storm watchers. Drizzly here again.
72° and sunny, RealFeel 82° heading into the 90's with thunderstorms predicted.
Meanwhile, the calm before the storm on the DaveCam looks downright lovely today.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 08:49:46 AM
Thought for Today: "A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer." — Ralph Waldo Emerson, American poet and essayist (1803-1882).
My wife is always talking about five minutes longer, too. Wonder if this is what she's talking about...
Hold out and you'd be a hero!
Read that as pull out..... :-[
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 08:50:33 AM
Warden was supposed to come home tomorrow night but she is stuck there until probably early next week.
Stuck where?  Guess I missed the original conversation.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 08:53:53 AM
good morning banter.
La Palina Classic and coffee.
Good morning, Dean. How do you like those La Palinas?
nice anytime smoke. I'll buy them again. forgot what I paid on the Page 5ver sale but they were cheap enough that I bought 20 sticks.
I'm a fan.
Also, they were $18.50/10.
I believe those were the Red, not the Classic. But I like those too.
Just tried the Bronze.  Quite different from other La Palina's.  Interesting for sure, but uncertain if its in my preferred range.  Will be revisiting.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 11, 2018, 09:15:44 AM
History Ybor City still rolling cigars during tobacco shortage
Gayle Guyardo·1 hour ago
Some call it the big wrapper crisis: A tobacco shortage for premium cigars, and Historic Ybor City is being impacted according to the owner of  Tabanero Cigars.

"Everyone is buying as much tobacco as they can.  They don't know which direction that it's going to go.  So Tampa is not getting tobacco for the small guys." said Yanko Maceda, who owns Tabanero where workers hand roll each premium cigar sold.

Maceda heard about the potential shortage, because of poor harvest in Cuba and civil unrest in Nicaragua, so he bought a years worth of tobacco for his shop.

"I have some of my colleagues here in Ybor City that already approached me. They were like Yanko, we don't have any tobacco what can we do," said Maceda.

Maceda explained the tobacco shortage combined with possible looming FDA regulations has small business owners that run hand-rolled cigar premium shops alarmed.

"If the FDA says yes to regulations we believe 50 percent of the cigar industry will go away so we will not be able to make cigars in Ybor," said Maceda.

Maceda went on to explain the small business owners are working together in hopes of getting through the squeeze of the high end tobacco shortage.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 09:49:57 AM
Not going to smoke better, but the look is pretty wild!

https://halfwheel.com/marrero-cigars-announces-new-factory-and-artistico-salomon/280329
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 09:57:02 AM
Florence anticipation lull?
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 11, 2018, 09:59:32 AM
Not going to smoke better, but the look is pretty wild!

https://halfwheel.com/marrero-cigars-announces-new-factory-and-artistico-salomon/280329
Those look pretty damn sweet. Bordering on Gurkha territory for cost v. value, but still looks badass.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 10:06:36 AM
Not going to smoke better, but the look is pretty wild!

https://halfwheel.com/marrero-cigars-announces-new-factory-and-artistico-salomon/280329
Those look pretty damn sweet. Bordering on Gurkha territory for cost v. value, but still looks badass.
Here's a Kmart alternative for you:

https://www.cigarbid.com/a/padilla-habano-artisano-cigars/2975530/
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 11, 2018, 10:13:20 AM
Not going to smoke better, but the look is pretty wild!

https://halfwheel.com/marrero-cigars-announces-new-factory-and-artistico-salomon/280329
Those look pretty damn sweet. Bordering on Gurkha territory for cost v. value, but still looks badass.
Here's a Kmart alternative for you:

https://www.cigarbid.com/a/padilla-habano-artisano-cigars/2975530/
Lol, so it is.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 10:45:33 AM
Question for Dean:

Q.What did one saggy boob say to the other saggy boob?
A.We better get some support or people are going to think where nuts.

Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 11, 2018, 11:08:20 AM
Question for Dean:

Q.What did one saggy boob say to the other saggy boob?
A.We better get some support or people are going to think where nuts.
Thank you for that, FlipDave.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 11, 2018, 11:09:41 AM
Question for Dean:

Q.What did one saggy boob say to the other saggy boob?
A.We better get some support or people are going to think where nuts.
hmmm.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 11, 2018, 11:11:07 AM
Question for Dean:

Q.What did one saggy boob say to the other saggy boob?
A.We better get some support or people are going to think where nuts.
hmmm.
Dammit, Dean, I'm eating breakfast here!
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 11:20:02 AM
good morning banter.
La Palina Classic and coffee.
Good morning, Dean. How do you like those La Palinas?
nice anytime smoke. I'll buy them again. forgot what I paid on the Page 5ver sale but they were cheap enough that I bought 20 sticks.
I'm a fan.
Also, they were $18.50/10.
I believe those were the Red, not the Classic. But I like those too.
Ah yes, right you are.
Now you can show this post to your wife and say, "see, I AM right sometimes!"
She won't believe it.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 11:20:28 AM
Thought for Today: "A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer." — Ralph Waldo Emerson, American poet and essayist (1803-1882).
My wife is always talking about five minutes longer, too. Wonder if this is what she's talking about...
Hold out and you'd be a hero!
Read that as pull out..... :-[
Also works.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 11:22:58 AM
Morning storm watchers. Drizzly here again.
Good morning, DrippyMark.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 11, 2018, 11:29:41 AM
Question for Dean:

Q.What did one saggy boob say to the other saggy boob?
A.We better get some support or people are going to think where nuts.
hmmm.
Dammit, Dean, I'm eating breakfast here!
Flip asked me a question. just answering it from one of my files. LOL.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 11:45:55 AM
Question for Dean:

Q.What did one saggy boob say to the other saggy boob?
A.We better get some support or people are going to think where nuts.
hmmm.
When did you start seeing her?
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 11, 2018, 12:42:24 PM
Question for Dean:

Q.What did one saggy boob say to the other saggy boob?
A.We better get some support or people are going to think where nuts.
hmmm.
When did you start seeing her?
I wish he was the only one that did see her!
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 12:42:44 PM
Question for Dean:

Q.What did one saggy boob say to the other saggy boob?
A.We better get some support or people are going to think where nuts.
hmmm.
Dammit, Dean, I'm eating breakfast here!
Ah, Dean's hot tub cam.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 12:44:11 PM
Question for Dean:

Q.What did one saggy boob say to the other saggy boob?
A.We better get some support or people are going to think where nuts.
Thank you for that, FlipDave.
Just one more body I'm filling in for here... :-\
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 12:57:39 PM
Most scientifically beautiful woman...

University of St Andrews perception laboratory in the School of Psychology's, Carmen Lefèvre, implied that beauty has a major connection to symmetry, stating, "Florence has all the classic signs of beauty." Further more,  "Symmetry appears to be a very important cue to attractiveness."

Research found that people are more (unconsciously) attracted to symmetry because it's an indication of strong genes, therefore implying better odds of mating and overall reproduction.

According to Daily Mail, the most attractive women have pupils just half the width of her face from ear to ear, Colgate almost foots the bill by scoring a 44 percent ratio. Impressive!

Carmen Lefèvre went on to say, Colgate is a display of  "classic signs of beauty." What does that mean? Large eyes, high cheek bones, and supple lips.

Science also says the most attractive woman's distance between her eyes and mouth is a little over a third of the measurement between her hair line and chin. Colgate's ratio is 32.8 percent.

Apparently, this "proportional beauty theory" backdates to when Da Vinci applied visionary thinking and mathematical genius to describing the perfect face over half a millennium ago.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 12:59:37 PM
[...]

All started with some Florence googling....and came upon Florence Colgate
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 01:01:48 PM
[...]

Eeeewww. Poor phrasing.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 01:06:49 PM
But there's also Florence's for Dean...
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 01:07:28 PM
And for Raz....
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 01:07:59 PM
And of course for LTG....
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 01:10:47 PM
And for Tony,
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 01:11:34 PM
And for Tony,
Ms. Nightingale was given the name Florence as she was born in Florence, Italy.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 01:12:09 PM
[...]

Or accurate, depending.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 11, 2018, 01:24:50 PM
And of course for LTG....
All I see are dollar signs.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 01:37:41 PM
And of course for LTG....
All I see are dollar signs.
Well, that sure seems to make guys much more attractive.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 01:39:49 PM
And for Raz....
I don't recognize this one.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 11, 2018, 01:57:45 PM
Dang, FlorenceDave, you got me chuckling pretty good here. ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 11, 2018, 02:00:54 PM
[...]

No mention of the ideal dimension between her mouth and my crotch.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 11, 2018, 02:26:20 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 02:44:35 PM
[...]

Measurement lull?
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 02:48:18 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 02:56:12 PM
And for Raz....
I don't recognize this one.
Florence from Florence and the Machine
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 02:57:07 PM
Dang, FlorenceDave, you got me chuckling pretty good here. ;D ;D ;D
I'm tryin' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 02:57:47 PM
Have a good evening Flo's BoyToyDave.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 02:58:42 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
I just gotta get home and make it to the garage.  Bring those Tstorms!
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 03:01:46 PM
Of course I can't forget CarolinaDave's Florence...that started this wayward train of thought....or lack of thought
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 03:08:36 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
So what all do you have in that magical work humi?
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 03:31:20 PM
And for Raz....
I don't recognize this one.
Florence from Florence and the Machine
I did a bunch of Google search and came up with the same but I'd never heard of her/them before.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 03:32:45 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
So what all do you have in that magical work humi?
Great question... I'll check in a minute.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 03:43:09 PM
And for Raz....
I don't recognize this one.
Florence from Florence and the Machine
I did a bunch of Google search and came up with the same but I'd never heard of her/them before.
Have to do some youtube research when you get home tonight.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 03:47:32 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
Quick check of Stormtracker showed no storms near us.  All clear to light up!
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 04:13:24 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
Quick check of Stormtracker showed no storms near us.  All clear to light up!
I'm actually seeing the fiery yellow orb in the sky.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 04:19:03 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
So what all do you have in that magical work humi?
Great question... I'll check in a minute.
Decided on a La Palina Red Label.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on September 11, 2018, 04:20:59 PM
And for Raz....
I don't recognize this one.
even Flip knew that was Florence from Florence and the machine.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 04:32:41 PM
And for Raz....
I don't recognize this one.
even Flip knew that was Florence from Florence and the machine.
Flip's cooler than me.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 11, 2018, 04:36:25 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
Quick check of Stormtracker showed no storms near us.  All clear to light up!
Weather Channel says I should have been blown away and drowned by now but it is partly cloudy and hot as hell.  Sitting out on the upstairs porch with the boy having a Little Devil and a little brown whiskey.🥃
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 04:41:21 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
Quick check of Stormtracker showed no storms near us.  All clear to light up!
Weather Channel says I should have been blown away and drowned by now but it is partly cloudy and hot as hell.  Sitting out on the upstairs porch with the boy having a Little Devil and a little brown whiskey.
That sounds nice. So where's the Mrs? Some of us missed something along the way.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 04:56:35 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
Quick check of Stormtracker showed no storms near us.  All clear to light up!
I'm actually seeing the fiery yellow orb in the sky.
Hey Dave, what's going on? Getting awfully cloudy again. Weather app still says no rain but I'm having my doubts.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 11, 2018, 04:59:18 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
Quick check of Stormtracker showed no storms near us.  All clear to light up!
Weather Channel says I should have been blown away and drowned by now but it is partly cloudy and hot as hell.  Sitting out on the upstairs porch with the boy having a Little Devil and a little brown whiskey.
That sounds nice. So where's the Mrs? Some of us missed something along the way.
She went to Louisiana to visit her sister for a week but can’t get back tomorrow due to the storm so staying another week👍
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 05:33:09 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
Quick check of Stormtracker showed no storms near us.  All clear to light up!
Weather Channel says I should have been blown away and drowned by now but it is partly cloudy and hot as hell.  Sitting out on the upstairs porch with the boy having a Little Devil and a little brown whiskey.
That sounds nice. So where's the Mrs? Some of us missed something along the way.
She went to Louisiana to visit her sister for a week but can’t get back tomorrow due to the storm so staying another week
Win / win !
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 05:40:23 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
So what all do you have in that magical work humi?
Great question... I'll check in a minute.
Decided on a La Palina Red Label.
Was even stopped by a grandpa who was telling his grandson to take a deep breath and learn the smell of the good life.

#childabuse(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180911/a1cdebc9f5b732e1e761a7b49a8519c2.jpg)
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 11, 2018, 06:18:30 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
So what all do you have in that magical work humi?
Great question... I'll check in a minute.
Decided on a La Palina Red Label.
Was even stopped by a grandpa who was telling his grandson to take a deep breath and learn the smell of the good life.

#childabuse(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180911/a1cdebc9f5b732e1e761a7b49a8519c2.jpg)
Now that’s a fine grandpa right there! #teachingthemtobemen
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 11, 2018, 06:51:32 PM
North Carolinians roll out the red carpet for Miss #FLORENCE
.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 11, 2018, 07:17:15 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
So what all do you have in that magical work humi?
Great question... I'll check in a minute.
Decided on a La Palina Red Label.
Was even stopped by a grandpa who was telling his grandson to take a deep breath and learn the smell of the good life.

#childabuse(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180911/a1cdebc9f5b732e1e761a7b49a8519c2.jpg)
Now that’s a fine grandpa right there! #teachingthemtobemen
Hahaha. Agreed.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 11, 2018, 08:26:46 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
Quick check of Stormtracker showed no storms near us.  All clear to light up!
Weather Channel says I should have been blown away and drowned by now but it is partly cloudy and hot as hell.  Sitting out on the upstairs porch with the boy having a Little Devil and a little brown whiskey.
That sounds nice. So where's the Mrs? Some of us missed something along the way.
She went to Louisiana to visit her sister for a week but can’t get back tomorrow due to the storm so staying another week
Win / win !
Indeed, though I hope you don't have to do the hotel thing.  That would get old fast.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 11, 2018, 08:29:10 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
Quick check of Stormtracker showed no storms near us.  All clear to light up!
Weather Channel says I should have been blown away and drowned by now but it is partly cloudy and hot as hell.  Sitting out on the upstairs porch with the boy having a Little Devil and a little brown whiskey.
That sounds nice. So where's the Mrs? Some of us missed something along the way.
She went to Louisiana to visit her sister for a week but can’t get back tomorrow due to the storm so staying another week
Win / win !
Indeed, though I hope you don't have to do the hotel thing.  That would get old fast.
Well we are going to good ole Home2Suites tomorrow but I hope we can be out of there by Saturday or Sunday at the latest.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 11, 2018, 10:03:55 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
Quick check of Stormtracker showed no storms near us.  All clear to light up!
Weather Channel says I should have been blown away and drowned by now but it is partly cloudy and hot as hell.  Sitting out on the upstairs porch with the boy having a Little Devil and a little brown whiskey.
That sounds nice. So where's the Mrs? Some of us missed something along the way.
She went to Louisiana to visit her sister for a week but can’t get back tomorrow due to the storm so staying another week
Win / win !
Indeed, though I hope you don't have to do the hotel thing.  That would get old fast.
Well we are going to good ole Home2Suites tomorrow but I hope we can be out of there by Saturday or Sunday at the latest.
That's right. I forgot that between Austin and SC you lived in a hotel or two for a long  time.  Dejavu all over again.
Title: Re: Never Forget - 9/11/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 11, 2018, 10:28:08 PM
Possible thunderstorms be damned, I'm smoking a cigar on the way home. Now, I've just gotta figure out what it'll be.
Quick check of Stormtracker showed no storms near us.  All clear to light up!
Weather Channel says I should have been blown away and drowned by now but it is partly cloudy and hot as hell.  Sitting out on the upstairs porch with the boy having a Little Devil and a little brown whiskey.
That sounds nice. So where's the Mrs? Some of us missed something along the way.
She went to Louisiana to visit her sister for a week but can’t get back tomorrow due to the storm so staying another week
Win / win !
Indeed, though I hope you don't have to do the hotel thing.  That would get old fast.
Well we are going to good ole Home2Suites tomorrow but I hope we can be out of there by Saturday or Sunday at the latest.
Pack the travel humi and don't forget the cutter and torch.