CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 07, 2018, 12:24:08 AM

Title: 9/7/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on September 07, 2018, 12:24:08 AM
It's Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 06:05:40 AM
Good morning, BotL.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 06:06:49 AM
Morning Mr. Tony.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 07, 2018, 06:11:59 AM
Morning, all. Happy Friday.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 06:12:53 AM
Fancy (and pricy) Viaje offerings at the Sis today.  Crappy VS at CI.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 06:23:28 AM
Today is Friday, Sept. 7, the 250th day of 2018. There are 115 days left in the year.

On Sept. 7, 1940, Nazi Germany began its eight-month blitz of Britain during World War II with the first air attack on London.
In 1927, American television pioneer Philo T. Farnsworth, 21, succeeded in transmitting the image of a line through purely electronic means with a device called an “image dissector” at his San Francisco laboratory.

In 1901, the Peace of Beijing ended the Boxer Rebellion in China.

In 1936, rock-and-roll legend Buddy Holly was born Charles Hardin Holley in Lubbock, Texas.

In 1963, the National Professional Football Hall of Fame was dedicated in Canton, Ohio.

In 1972, the International Olympic Committee banned Vince Matthews and Wayne Collett of the U.S. from further competition for talking to each other on the victory stand in Munich during the playing of the “Star-Spangled Banner” after winning the gold and silver medals in the 400-meter run.

In 1977, the Panama Canal treaties, calling for the U.S. to eventually turn over control of the waterway to Panama, were signed in Washington by President Jimmy Carter and Panamanian leader Omar Torrijos (toh-REE’-hohs). Convicted Watergate conspirator G. Gordon Liddy was released from prison after more than four years.

In 1979, the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) made its cable TV debut.

In 1987, the syndicated TV talk show “Geraldo,” hosted by Geraldo Rivera, began an 11-season run.

In 1996, rapper Tupac Shakur was shot and mortally wounded on the Las Vegas Strip; he died six days later.

In 2001, Venus Williams and Serena Williams reached the finals of the U.S. Open, defeating Jennifer Capriati and Martina Hingis respectively, becoming the first sisters to play for a Grand Slam championship in more than 100 years.

In 2002, President George W. Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair, meeting at Camp David, said the world had to act against Saddam Hussein, arguing that the Iraqi leader had defied the United Nations and reneged on promises to destroy weapons of mass destruction.

In 2007, Osama bin Laden appeared in a video for the first time in three years, telling Americans they should convert to Islam if they wanted the war in Iraq to end
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 06:24:10 AM
Ten years ago: Troubled mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were placed in government conservatorship. Hurricane Ike roared across low-lying islands in the Atlantic as a Category 4 storm. Serena Williams outlasted Jelena Jankovic 6-4, 7-5 to win her third U.S. Open championship and ninth Grand Slam title. Hall of Fame basketball coach Don Haskins died in El Paso, Texas, at age 78. Mystery author Gregory Mcdonald (cq) died in Pulaski, Tenn., at age 71. Astroland, New York City’s world famous amusement park at Coney Island, closed after 46 years. Britney Spears won three MTV Video Music Awards, including video of the year for “Piece of Me.”

Five years ago: Tony Abbott’s conservative Liberal-led party won a crushing victory in Australia against the center-left Labor Party which had ruled for six years. Tokyo was awarded the 2020 Summer Olympics, defeating Istanbul in the final round of secret voting by the International Olympic Committee.

One year ago: More than a half million people were ordered to leave South Florida as Hurricane Irma approached; Georgia’s governor ordered nearly 540,000 coastal residents to move inland. One of the most powerful earthquakes ever recorded in Mexico struck off the country’s southern coast, toppling hundreds of buildings and killing at least 90 people. (A deadlier quake would strike central Mexico nearly two weeks later.) Equifax, one of the three major U.S. credit bureaus, announced that hackers gained access to credit information on 143 million Americans between mid-May and July. A federal appeals court rejected the Trump administration’s limited view of who is allowed into the country under the president’s travel ban, saying grandparents, cousins and other close relatives of people in the United States should not be kept out. Donald Trump Jr. told a Senate panel that he did not collude with Russia to hurt Hillary Clinton’s campaign
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 06:26:34 AM
Today’s Birthdays:
Jazz musician Sonny Rollins is 88.
Singer Gloria Gaynor is 75.
Singer Alfa Anderson (Chic) is 72.
Actress Susan Blakely is 70.
Rock musician Dennis Thompson (MC5) is 70.
Actress Julie Kavner is 68.
Rock singer Chrissie Hynde (The Pretenders) is 67.
Rock musician Benmont Tench (Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers) is 65.
Actor Corbin Bernsen is 64.
Actor Michael Emerson is 64.
Pianist Michael Feinstein is 62.
Singer/songwriter Diane Warren is 62.
Singer Margot Chapman is 61.
Actress J. Smith-Cameron is 61.
Actor W. Earl Brown is 55.
Actor Toby Jones is 52. Actress-comedian Leslie Jones (TV: “Saturday Night Live”) is 51.
Model-actress Angie Everhart is 49.
Actress Diane Farr is 49.
Country singer Butter (Trailer Choir) is 48.
Actress Monique Gabriela Curnen is 48.
Actor Tom Everett Scott is 48.
Rock musician Chad Sexton (311) is 48.
Actress Shannon Elizabeth is 45.
Actor Oliver Hudson is 42.
Actor Devon Sawa (SAH’-wuh) is 40.
Actor JD Pardo is 39.
Actor Benjamin Hollingsworth (TV: “Code Black”) is 34.
Actress Alyssa Diaz (TV: “Ray Donovan”; “Zoo”) is 33.
Singer-musician Wes Willis (Rush of Fools) is 32.
Actress Evan Rachel Wood is 31.
Actor Ian Chen (TV: “Fresh Off the Boat”) is 12.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 06:27:17 AM
Thought for Today: “Nothing is more unpleasant than a virtuous person with a mean mind.” — Walter Bagehot (BAJ’-uht), English editor and economist (1826-1877).
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 06:27:48 AM
Morning Dave.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 06:44:32 AM
Fancy (and pricy) Viaje offerings at the Sis today.  Crappy VS at CI.
Noticed that too.

Good morning, NJDave.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 06:44:59 AM
Morning, all. Happy Friday.
Good morning, LTG. More golfing this weekend?
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2018, 07:01:19 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. Happy 5th Monday.
just got back from taking the neighbor girl to work (lady's daughter). going to be a sun and hot tub day.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 07, 2018, 07:02:32 AM
Morning, all. Happy Friday.
Good morning, LTG. More golfing this weekend?
Doesn't look like it. Gonna sleep in tomorrow. Was planning on tailgating on Sunday with Nate, but it's looking like rain most of the day. I like tailgating as much as the next guy, but not while it's raining.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2018, 07:04:51 AM
out for delivety:
Partagas Ltd. Edition Ramon y Ramon Robusto 10pk   KX-PAR5550   2
La Palina Classic Robusto 10-pk   KX-LNC5052   2
Black-Ops Cyclone 3 Quad-Flame Torch Lighters-Clear [2-PK]
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 07:05:44 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. Happy 5th Monday.
just got back from taking the neighbor girl to work (lady's daughter). going to be a sun and hot tub day.
Morning UberDean.  Hopefully tummy trouble done with now.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 07:09:44 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. Happy 5th Monday.
just got back from taking the neighbor girl to work (lady's daughter). going to be a sun and hot tub day.
Good morning, Dean. I know you don't shop at CI anymore but this might be worth a look. I say "might" because I haven't checked it out yet.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/shop/7-11-pop-up-sale/2016692/
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 07:15:35 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. Happy 5th Monday.
just got back from taking the neighbor girl to work (lady's daughter). going to be a sun and hot tub day.
Good morning, Dean. I know you don't shop at CI anymore but this might be worth a look. I say "might" because I haven't checked it out yet.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/shop/7-11-pop-up-sale/2016692/
Never mind, don't bother.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 07, 2018, 07:26:33 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. Happy 5th Monday.
just got back from taking the neighbor girl to work (lady's daughter). going to be a sun and hot tub day.
Good morning, Dean. I know you don't shop at CI anymore but this might be worth a look. I say "might" because I haven't checked it out yet.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/shop/7-11-pop-up-sale/2016692/
Never mind, don't bother.
Touts it as more than a dozen great deals, and there's 14. While technically correct, come on.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2018, 07:27:18 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. Happy 5th Monday.
just got back from taking the neighbor girl to work (lady's daughter). going to be a sun and hot tub day.
Good morning, Dean. I know you don't shop at CI anymore but this might be worth a look. I say "might" because I haven't checked it out yet.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/shop/7-11-pop-up-sale/2016692/
Never mind, don't bother.
thanks, wouldn't look anyway.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 07:33:01 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. Happy 5th Monday.
just got back from taking the neighbor girl to work (lady's daughter). going to be a sun and hot tub day.
Good morning, Dean. I know you don't shop at CI anymore but this might be worth a look. I say "might" because I haven't checked it out yet.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/shop/7-11-pop-up-sale/2016692/
Never mind, don't bother.
Touts it as more than a dozen great deals, and there's 14. While technically correct, come on.
Actually, I didn't see even one great deal.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 07, 2018, 07:52:42 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. Happy 5th Monday.
just got back from taking the neighbor girl to work (lady's daughter). going to be a sun and hot tub day.
Good morning, Dean. I know you don't shop at CI anymore but this might be worth a look. I say "might" because I haven't checked it out yet.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/shop/7-11-pop-up-sale/2016692/
Never mind, don't bother.
Touts it as more than a dozen great deals, and there's 14. While technically correct, come on.
Actually, I didn't see even one great deal.
Lol, agreed.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2018, 07:53:03 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. Happy 5th Monday.
just got back from taking the neighbor girl to work (lady's daughter). going to be a sun and hot tub day.
Good morning, Dean. I know you don't shop at CI anymore but this might be worth a look. I say "might" because I haven't checked it out yet.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/shop/7-11-pop-up-sale/2016692/
Never mind, don't bother.
Touts it as more than a dozen great deals, and there's 14. While technically correct, come on.
Actually, I didn't see even one great deal.
when was the last time CI had a great deal, 2007?
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2018, 07:59:09 AM
Morning Daves, Dean, and Mr. Mayor.  Happy Friday to you all.  Rain this weekend here, also.  Been a wet week, which is good, as it's been a long dry spell (TWSS/TWHS).
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: ss2 on September 07, 2018, 08:13:22 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, Dave, Dean & Mark!  just a thought, out of everything I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2018, 08:23:03 AM
good morning Mark and Sam.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2018, 08:24:33 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, Dave, Dean & Mark!  just a thought, out of everything I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!
Morning Sam, we missed you on the banter also.  Or maybe I just missed you.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: ss2 on September 07, 2018, 08:35:50 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, Dave, Dean & Mark!  just a thought, out of everything I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!
Morning Sam, we missed you on the banter also.  Or maybe I just missed you.
Thanks Mark!  Been the busiest I've ever been the last month & 1/2 and there seems to be no end.  along with my "regular duties, i am now tasked with opening and maintaining the new branch office in Dover DE.  so i'm doing the split my time thing.  correct me if i'm wrong please, but in my math class days, i seem to remember that if you split zero by 2 you get zero.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 08:40:40 AM
Morning Daves, Dean, and Mr. Mayor.  Happy Friday to you all.  Rain this weekend here, also.  Been a wet week, which is good, as it's been a long dry spell (TWSS/TWHS).
Good morning, WetBean.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 08:41:37 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, Dave, Dean & Mark!  just a thought, out of everything I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!
Not an original thought but OK. Good morning, Sam.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2018, 08:42:11 AM
https://halfwheel.com/goshen-ind-passes-smoking-ban
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2018, 08:43:35 AM
https://halfwheel.com/hvc-ships-edicion-especial-2018-first-selection-broadleaf/280140
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2018, 08:51:11 AM
https://www.cigarpage.com/tatuaje-illusione-deal.html
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 08:52:14 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. Happy 5th Monday.
just got back from taking the neighbor girl to work (lady's daughter). going to be a sun and hot tub day.
Good morning, Dean. I know you don't shop at CI anymore but this might be worth a look. I say "might" because I haven't checked it out yet.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/shop/7-11-pop-up-sale/2016692/
Never mind, don't bother.
I was wondering if you just provided the wrong link... :o
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 08:53:52 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, Dave, Dean & Mark!  just a thought, out of everything I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!
Better off without it, only gets you in trouble.  Morning Sam.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: ss2 on September 07, 2018, 08:54:10 AM
Brings to mind a George Carlin piece (not sure why except maybe for the split in half reference)  "a crumb is a great thing, if you break it in half you don't get two 1/2 crumbs, you get 2 crumbs.  Doesn't that violate some law of physics?"
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 08:55:04 AM
Morning MoistBean .....TNWSS
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: ss2 on September 07, 2018, 08:55:12 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, Dave, Dean & Mark!  just a thought, out of everything I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!
Not an original thought but OK. Good morning, Sam.
Well, you are correct, never said it was original.  implies that i have a mind if i came up with that myself... Hi Tony!
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: ss2 on September 07, 2018, 08:57:50 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, Dave, Dean & Mark!  just a thought, out of everything I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!
Better off without it, only gets you in trouble.  Morning Sam.
Yeah, i've noticed that.  Hey Dave!
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 09:01:53 AM
As AJF continues on his quest to blend a cigar for every company, doesn't sound like his Punch offering quite made the grade.

https://halfwheel.com/punch-diablo-diabolus/279955
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2018, 09:11:56 AM
As AJF continues on his quest to blend a cigar for every company, doesn't sound like his Punch offering quite made the grade.

https://halfwheel.com/punch-diablo-diabolus/279955
Despite the off-putting paint flavors on the cold draw, the Punch Diablo starts incredible once lit, tasting very much like a Cuban cigar with floral flavors, raw vanilla, toastiness and some woodiness, landing at medium-plus in all categories.

not sure paint flavors are in my cigar category.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 09:15:42 AM
https://halfwheel.com/goshen-ind-passes-smoking-ban
We've seen a lot of this and definitely more to come. Sad.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 09:16:51 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. Happy 5th Monday.
just got back from taking the neighbor girl to work (lady's daughter). going to be a sun and hot tub day.
Good morning, Dean. I know you don't shop at CI anymore but this might be worth a look. I say "might" because I haven't checked it out yet.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/shop/7-11-pop-up-sale/2016692/
Never mind, don't bother.
I was wondering if you just provided the wrong link... :o
I wish. That would mean there is a right link out there, somewhere.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 07, 2018, 09:19:25 AM
As AJF continues on his quest to blend a cigar for every company, doesn't sound like his Punch offering quite made the grade.

https://halfwheel.com/punch-diablo-diabolus/279955
Despite the off-putting paint flavors on the cold draw, the Punch Diablo starts incredible once lit, tasting very much like a Cuban cigar with floral flavors, raw vanilla, toastiness and some woodiness, landing at medium-plus in all categories.

not sure paint flavors are in my cigar category.
Not sure that I could pick that one up myself, having never tasted paint. This is why I couldn't write for a cigar website, I guess.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2018, 09:38:46 AM
As AJF continues on his quest to blend a cigar for every company, doesn't sound like his Punch offering quite made the grade.

https://halfwheel.com/punch-diablo-diabolus/279955
Despite the off-putting paint flavors on the cold draw, the Punch Diablo starts incredible once lit, tasting very much like a Cuban cigar with floral flavors, raw vanilla, toastiness and some woodiness, landing at medium-plus in all categories.

not sure paint flavors are in my cigar category.
Not sure that I could pick that one up myself, having never tasted paint. This is why I couldn't write for a cigar website, I guess.
maybe someone from Sherwin-Williams did the review.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 09:40:57 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, Dave, Dean & Mark!  just a thought, out of everything I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!
Not an original thought but OK. Good morning, Sam.
Well, you are correct, never said it was original.  implies that i have a mind if i came up with that myself... Hi Tony!
Just trying to stir the pot. Any good smokes lined up for today?
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: ss2 on September 07, 2018, 09:54:43 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. Happy 5th Monday.
just got back from taking the neighbor girl to work (lady's daughter). going to be a sun and hot tub day.
Good morning, Dean. I know you don't shop at CI anymore but this might be worth a look. I say "might" because I haven't checked it out yet.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/shop/7-11-pop-up-sale/2016692/
Never mind, don't bother.
I was wondering if you just provided the wrong link... :o
I wish. That would mean there is a right link out there, somewhere.
Hah!  I like that!  That indeed would be the implication.  now, we just need to find the right link.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: ss2 on September 07, 2018, 09:55:34 AM
As AJF continues on his quest to blend a cigar for every company, doesn't sound like his Punch offering quite made the grade.

https://halfwheel.com/punch-diablo-diabolus/279955
Despite the off-putting paint flavors on the cold draw, the Punch Diablo starts incredible once lit, tasting very much like a Cuban cigar with floral flavors, raw vanilla, toastiness and some woodiness, landing at medium-plus in all categories.

not sure paint flavors are in my cigar category.
Not sure that I could pick that one up myself, having never tasted paint. This is why I couldn't write for a cigar website, I guess.
maybe someone from Sherwin-Williams did the review.
Nah, I've tasted their paint and it tastes like cigars... :o
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: ss2 on September 07, 2018, 09:56:11 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, Dave, Dean & Mark!  just a thought, out of everything I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!
Not an original thought but OK. Good morning, Sam.
Well, you are correct, never said it was original.  implies that i have a mind if i came up with that myself... Hi Tony!
Just trying to stir the pot. Any good smokes lined up for today?
Not yet,  smoked an Argyle Banquet on the way in this morning though.  You?
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2018, 09:56:35 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. Happy 5th Monday.
just got back from taking the neighbor girl to work (lady's daughter). going to be a sun and hot tub day.
Good morning, Dean. I know you don't shop at CI anymore but this might be worth a look. I say "might" because I haven't checked it out yet.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/shop/7-11-pop-up-sale/2016692/
Never mind, don't bother.
I was wondering if you just provided the wrong link... :o
I wish. That would mean there is a right link out there, somewhere.
Hah!  I like that!  That indeed would be the implication.  now, we just need to find the right link.
alot of missing links on the banter.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 09:58:04 AM
As AJF continues on his quest to blend a cigar for every company, doesn't sound like his Punch offering quite made the grade.

https://halfwheel.com/punch-diablo-diabolus/279955
Despite the off-putting paint flavors on the cold draw, the Punch Diablo starts incredible once lit, tasting very much like a Cuban cigar with floral flavors, raw vanilla, toastiness and some woodiness, landing at medium-plus in all categories.

not sure paint flavors are in my cigar category.
Not sure that I could pick that one up myself, having never tasted paint. This is why I couldn't write for a cigar website, I guess.
maybe someone from Sherwin-Williams did the review.
Nah, I've tasted their paint and it tastes like cigars... :o
Hahaha.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 10:01:41 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, Dave, Dean & Mark!  just a thought, out of everything I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!
Not an original thought but OK. Good morning, Sam.
Well, you are correct, never said it was original.  implies that i have a mind if i came up with that myself... Hi Tony!
Just trying to stir the pot. Any good smokes lined up for today?
Not yet,  smoked an Argyle Banquet on the way in this morning though.  You?
I've got to figure out something for today. Hope the rains stay away. Didn't have time for a smoke yesterday because I had to rush home to get to the florist in time. Made it with 15 minutes to spare. Then took the Mrs and kids to a fancy anniversary dinner at Outback Stakehouse.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 07, 2018, 10:07:38 AM
As AJF continues on his quest to blend a cigar for every company, doesn't sound like his Punch offering quite made the grade.

https://halfwheel.com/punch-diablo-diabolus/279955
Despite the off-putting paint flavors on the cold draw, the Punch Diablo starts incredible once lit, tasting very much like a Cuban cigar with floral flavors, raw vanilla, toastiness and some woodiness, landing at medium-plus in all categories.

not sure paint flavors are in my cigar category.
Not sure that I could pick that one up myself, having never tasted paint. This is why I couldn't write for a cigar website, I guess.
maybe someone from Sherwin-Williams did the review.
Nah, I've tasted their paint and it tastes like cigars... :o
LALTS
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 10:07:43 AM
Today is National Beer Lovers Day!

Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: razgueado on September 07, 2018, 10:09:50 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: razgueado on September 07, 2018, 10:18:30 AM
Today is National Beer Lovers Day!
What beer?
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2018, 10:29:43 AM
Today is National Beer Lovers Day!
What beer?
+1
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2018, 10:30:04 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning RazMan.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 10:34:10 AM
Today is National Beer Lovers Day!
I read that as National Milk Lovers Day.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 10:34:31 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Raz.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: razgueado on September 07, 2018, 10:35:16 AM
Morning, muchachos.
morning RazMan.
Morning, Deano. Stomach settled now?
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: razgueado on September 07, 2018, 10:35:42 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Raz.
Buenos dias, señor Alcalde.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2018, 10:41:59 AM
Today is National Beer Lovers Day!
What beer?
+1
Now that is some table service!
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2018, 10:46:58 AM
Like we need another cop show.  And a blatantly sexist one at that.  Sheesh!
https://communityimpact.com/austin/round-rock-pflugerville-hutto/arts-entertainment/2018/09/06/television-show-women-on-patrol-to-feature-williamson-county-sheriffs-office/ (https://communityimpact.com/austin/round-rock-pflugerville-hutto/arts-entertainment/2018/09/06/television-show-women-on-patrol-to-feature-williamson-county-sheriffs-office/)
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 07, 2018, 10:55:33 AM
Like we need another cop show.  And a blatantly sexist one at that.  Sheesh!
https://communityimpact.com/austin/round-rock-pflugerville-hutto/arts-entertainment/2018/09/06/television-show-women-on-patrol-to-feature-williamson-county-sheriffs-office/ (https://communityimpact.com/austin/round-rock-pflugerville-hutto/arts-entertainment/2018/09/06/television-show-women-on-patrol-to-feature-williamson-county-sheriffs-office/)
It's on Lifetime. The bigger story would be a show about all male cops.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: ss2 on September 07, 2018, 11:08:58 AM
Good morning Tony, Dave, Dave, Dean & Mark!  just a thought, out of everything I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!
Not an original thought but OK. Good morning, Sam.
Well, you are correct, never said it was original.  implies that i have a mind if i came up with that myself... Hi Tony!
Just trying to stir the pot. Any good smokes lined up for today?
Not yet,  smoked an Argyle Banquet on the way in this morning though.  You?
I've got to figure out something for today. Hope the rains stay away. Didn't have time for a smoke yesterday because I had to rush home to get to the florist in time. Made it with 15 minutes to spare. Then took the Mrs and kids to a fancy anniversary dinner at Outback Stakehouse.
Nice!!
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: ss2 on September 07, 2018, 11:10:13 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi raz!
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: ss2 on September 07, 2018, 11:17:03 AM
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pr0cb/dc3a32fadd449ae1ee2e5bf9b45f9d35/Termination_Sale_Sept07.jpg&utm_campaign=FS090718
Holts rm 101 liquidation sale.  i've not bought or researched Rm 1010 cigars, but the prices look decent.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2018, 11:34:32 AM
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pr0cb/dc3a32fadd449ae1ee2e5bf9b45f9d35/Termination_Sale_Sept07.jpg&utm_campaign=FS090718
Holts rm 101 liquidation sale.  i've not bought or researched Rm 1010 cigars, but the prices look decent.
They are decent.  I'm partial to the San Andres.  Tempting.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 11:35:27 AM
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pr0cb/dc3a32fadd449ae1ee2e5bf9b45f9d35/Termination_Sale_Sept07.jpg&utm_campaign=FS090718
Holts rm 101 liquidation sale.  i've not bought or researched Rm 1010 cigars, but the prices look decent.
I may have to do some shopping..
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 07, 2018, 12:54:23 PM
Back from lunch and didn't miss a single post lull.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2018, 01:19:05 PM
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pr0cb/dc3a32fadd449ae1ee2e5bf9b45f9d35/Termination_Sale_Sept07.jpg&utm_campaign=FS090718
Holts rm 101 liquidation sale.  i've not bought or researched Rm 1010 cigars, but the prices look decent.
I may have to do some shopping..
TWSS.  Too easy, but in the interest of lull remediation, had to do it.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: razgueado on September 07, 2018, 01:20:04 PM
Morning, muchachos.
Hi raz!
Hiya, Sam. Sorry to be slow replying. Work got in the way.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 01:22:31 PM
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pr0cb/dc3a32fadd449ae1ee2e5bf9b45f9d35/Termination_Sale_Sept07.jpg&utm_campaign=FS090718
Holts rm 101 liquidation sale.  i've not bought or researched Rm 1010 cigars, but the prices look decent.
My personal opinion is that most are very good, especially for these prices.  I personally don't care for the Daruma (flavor profile very earthy), El Mas Chingon and Black Scale.  (both second tier cigars manufactured as Famous and Atlantic exclusives).  Master Collection 1, 2 and 3 really shine.  HN and San Andres have interesting and distinctive profiles.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: razgueado on September 07, 2018, 01:22:43 PM
Back from lunch and didn't miss a single post lull.
It's your fault. You haven't posted any propaganda today. ;-)
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2018, 01:25:00 PM
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pr0cb/dc3a32fadd449ae1ee2e5bf9b45f9d35/Termination_Sale_Sept07.jpg&utm_campaign=FS090718
Holts rm 101 liquidation sale.  i've not bought or researched Rm 1010 cigars, but the prices look decent.
Someone is a little rusty..
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: ss2 on September 07, 2018, 01:27:09 PM
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pr0cb/dc3a32fadd449ae1ee2e5bf9b45f9d35/Termination_Sale_Sept07.jpg&utm_campaign=FS090718
Holts rm 101 liquidation sale.  i've not bought or researched Rm 1010 cigars, but the prices look decent.
Someone is a little rusty..
indeed.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 01:28:52 PM
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pr0cb/dc3a32fadd449ae1ee2e5bf9b45f9d35/Termination_Sale_Sept07.jpg&utm_campaign=FS090718
Holts rm 101 liquidation sale.  i've not bought or researched Rm 1010 cigars, but the prices look decent.
I may have to do some shopping..
Well, if you move as fast as you did with the Warped offering yesterday...
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: ss2 on September 07, 2018, 01:28:56 PM
actually did pick up a 5-er of the Black Scale and 10 of the El Mas Chingon.  threw in a $15 5-er of Kristoff.  free frt.  might as well give'em a try.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 01:29:43 PM
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pr0cb/dc3a32fadd449ae1ee2e5bf9b45f9d35/Termination_Sale_Sept07.jpg&utm_campaign=FS090718
Holts rm 101 liquidation sale.  i've not bought or researched Rm 1010 cigars, but the prices look decent.
My personal opinion is that most are very good, especially for these prices.  I personally don't care for the Daruma (flavor profile very earthy), El Mas Chingon and Black Scale.  (both second tier cigars manufactured as Famous and Atlantic exclusives).  Master Collection 1, 2 and 3 really shine.  HN and San Andres have interesting and distinctive profiles.
That's helpful.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2018, 01:30:13 PM
Naked, drunk, high, Florida man tries baking cookies on George Foreman Grill, starts fire

https://thetakeout.com/naked-drunk-florida-man-fire-george-foreman-grill-1828886244/amp
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 01:32:37 PM
Back from lunch and didn't miss a single post lull.
It's your fault. You haven't posted any propaganda today. ;-)
There's always a fun story from Texas you can fall back on...

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/09/03/watch-texas-woman-leads-troopers-high-speed-chase-baby-suv
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 07, 2018, 01:33:08 PM
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pr0cb/dc3a32fadd449ae1ee2e5bf9b45f9d35/Termination_Sale_Sept07.jpg&utm_campaign=FS090718
Holts rm 101 liquidation sale.  i've not bought or researched Rm 1010 cigars, but the prices look decent.
I may have to do some shopping..
Well, if you move as fast as you did with the Warped offering yesterday...
In his defense, that's as fast as he moves.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 07, 2018, 01:34:21 PM
Back from lunch and didn't miss a single post lull.
It's your fault. You haven't posted any propaganda today. ;-)
There's always a fun story from Texas you can fall back on...

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/09/03/watch-texas-woman-leads-troopers-high-speed-chase-baby-suv
At least she didn't leave the baby on top of the SUV during the chase?
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 01:35:12 PM
Naked, drunk, high, Florida man tries baking cookies on George Foreman Grill, starts fire

https://thetakeout.com/naked-drunk-florida-man-fire-george-foreman-grill-1828886244/amp
OK, you can always fall back on Texas or Florida stories... :D
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 07, 2018, 02:15:22 PM
Naked, drunk, high, Florida man tries baking cookies on George Foreman Grill, starts fire

https://thetakeout.com/naked-drunk-florida-man-fire-george-foreman-grill-1828886244/amp
OK, you can always fall back on Texas or Florida stories... :D
Naturally, they're like the Walmart of states.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 07, 2018, 02:15:40 PM
And on that note, time to get the weekend started. Go Browns! Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 02:52:45 PM
Decent prices for Guardian of the Farm at Antnie's site:

https://anthonyscigars.com/product-line/warped-guardian-of-the-farm
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 02:53:37 PM
And on that note, time to get the weekend started. Go Browns! Hazzuh!
Where they going?  Have a good one Dave.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2018, 02:57:49 PM
And on that note, time to get the weekend started. Go Browns! Hazzuh!
is it baseball season already?
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 03:16:18 PM
And on that note, time to get the weekend started. Go Browns! Hazzuh!
Hahaha. I'll wish you lots of luck with that, even as a Pittsburgh fan.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 03:38:07 PM
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pr0cb/dc3a32fadd449ae1ee2e5bf9b45f9d35/Termination_Sale_Sept07.jpg&utm_campaign=FS090718
Holts rm 101 liquidation sale.  i've not bought or researched Rm 1010 cigars, but the prices look decent.
I may have to do some shopping..
Well, if you move as fast as you did with the Warped offering yesterday...
In his defense, that's as fast as he moves.
The worst part is that I found the gift cards about an hour ago. They were with me the whole time. I could have sworn I had left them in a drawer at home. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 03:42:34 PM
Good morning Tony, Dave, Dave, Dean & Mark!  just a thought, out of everything I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!
Not an original thought but OK. Good morning, Sam.
Well, you are correct, never said it was original.  implies that i have a mind if i came up with that myself... Hi Tony!
Just trying to stir the pot. Any good smokes lined up for today?
Not yet,  smoked an Argyle Banquet on the way in this morning though.  You?
I've got to figure out something for today. Hope the rains stay away. Didn't have time for a smoke yesterday because I had to rush home to get to the florist in time. Made it with 15 minutes to spare. Then took the Mrs and kids to a fancy anniversary dinner at Outback Stakehouse.
According to the weather app, looks like I'll be OK. May as well smoke the Chief Cool Arrow, in that case. You know, just so that I can make a more informed decision.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: ss2 on September 07, 2018, 03:44:12 PM
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pr0cb/dc3a32fadd449ae1ee2e5bf9b45f9d35/Termination_Sale_Sept07.jpg&utm_campaign=FS090718
Holts rm 101 liquidation sale.  i've not bought or researched Rm 1010 cigars, but the prices look decent.
My personal opinion is that most are very good, especially for these prices.  I personally don't care for the Daruma (flavor profile very earthy), El Mas Chingon and Black Scale.  (both second tier cigars manufactured as Famous and Atlantic exclusives).  Master Collection 1, 2 and 3 really shine.  HN and San Andres have interesting and distinctive profiles.
That's helpful.
Fine, make me look back AFTER I order and see i picked all the wrong ones...
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2018, 04:30:11 PM
Naked, drunk, high, Florida man tries baking cookies on George Foreman Grill, starts fire

https://thetakeout.com/naked-drunk-florida-man-fire-george-foreman-grill-1828886244/amp
OK, you can always fall back on Texas or Florida stories... :D
Naturally, they're like the Walmart of states.
As opposed to Ohio, which is the GFY of states.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2018, 04:31:41 PM
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pr0cb/dc3a32fadd449ae1ee2e5bf9b45f9d35/Termination_Sale_Sept07.jpg&utm_campaign=FS090718
Holts rm 101 liquidation sale.  i've not bought or researched Rm 1010 cigars, but the prices look decent.
My personal opinion is that most are very good, especially for these prices.  I personally don't care for the Daruma (flavor profile very earthy), El Mas Chingon and Black Scale.  (both second tier cigars manufactured as Famous and Atlantic exclusives).  Master Collection 1, 2 and 3 really shine.  HN and San Andres have interesting and distinctive profiles.
That's helpful.
Fine, make me look back AFTER I order and see i picked all the wrong ones...
Let that be a lesson, always wait for the sensei to advise before acting.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2018, 04:37:24 PM
delivered.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 04:37:33 PM
[...]
With the added bonus of being politically incorrect.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 04:38:46 PM
https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=https%3A//emma-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pr0cb/dc3a32fadd449ae1ee2e5bf9b45f9d35/Termination_Sale_Sept07.jpg&utm_campaign=FS090718
Holts rm 101 liquidation sale.  i've not bought or researched Rm 1010 cigars, but the prices look decent.
My personal opinion is that most are very good, especially for these prices.  I personally don't care for the Daruma (flavor profile very earthy), El Mas Chingon and Black Scale.  (both second tier cigars manufactured as Famous and Atlantic exclusives).  Master Collection 1, 2 and 3 really shine.  HN and San Andres have interesting and distinctive profiles.
That's helpful.
Fine, make me look back AFTER I order and see i picked all the wrong ones...
I didn't say they were bad, just not as good as some others.   ;)
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2018, 04:39:16 PM
Time to head out to meet two old retired guys for dinner and some beverages.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: ss2 on September 07, 2018, 04:39:54 PM
[...]
have a V for the ride home.  enjoy the Chief CA! and have a great weekend!
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2018, 04:54:04 PM
In the man cave with a Leaf by Oscar Maduro.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2018, 04:56:13 PM
Time to head out to meet two old retired guys for dinner and some beverages.
Enjoy the party, OldFellaDave.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2018, 04:56:43 PM
[...]
Later, Sammy.  Guess I'll be talking to myself again.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: razgueado on September 07, 2018, 06:52:11 PM
[...]
Nah, I'll hang out and keep you company. Just watching data extracts run until 5pm PDT. Then the long commute home. Then I can have a cigar.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2018, 07:09:17 PM
[...]
Ah yes, data extracts.  Good times.  ???
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2018, 07:10:41 PM
[...]
I've moved on to a Four Kicks robusto.  That should take me to quiting time.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: razgueado on September 07, 2018, 08:14:30 PM
[...]
I just got out of work. A crisis happened that wasn't my fault, but thorough and immediate reports were required.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2018, 08:18:42 PM
[...]
And I'm outa here, too.  Enjoy your weekend, Mr. Raz.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: razgueado on September 07, 2018, 08:20:42 PM
[...]
You too, Mark.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 09:16:28 PM
Naked, drunk, high, Florida man tries baking cookies on George Foreman Grill, starts fire

https://thetakeout.com/naked-drunk-florida-man-fire-george-foreman-grill-1828886244/amp
OK, you can always fall back on Texas or Florida stories... :D
Naturally, they're like the Walmart of states.
As opposed to Ohio, which is the GFY of states.
I have to agree with you there.
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 09:18:09 PM
[...]
CNS
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2018, 09:22:05 PM
[...]
I'm not sure how I felt about it. Didn't hold on to the ash too well. Wound up wearing some of it. Flavors were good but I don't know if I want a box. Truth is, I should have been sitting to thoroughly enjoy this smoke. Not a good walking around stick.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180908/1085cc97970f7e88719197fb20268c90.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/7/2018
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2018, 11:28:13 PM
[...]
For me it runs slightly ahead of the Uncle Lee in flavor profile, but the burn isn't as wonky.  Decent $4 stick.   I enjoy it but doubt I'll buy more unless on clearance.