Morning gents.  Anyone else having issues with the CI website?  Never mind, stupid question.
What's a CI? Morning, Mark.
It's that place where you anticipate the visit but leave empty handed.  Kinda like a titty bar but without the tits.  Or bar.
A combination titty bar/cigar lounge. Why doesn't someone open this establishment right now?
Do you know how hard it is to get the cigar smells out of G-strings?
Probably the same as getting the G-string smells out of the cigar...
Or leave the smells there and slap a Gurkha label on it.
LALTS
Logged

jswaykos

BV560 has a perfect draw and burn line. Starting. Out with that dry mild salty and peppery profile.

BV560?  Don't recognize the acronym or it's something I've just never heard of... what is it?
Curivari .  I've given you some during last year's visits

Yes you have.  I always enjoy Curivaris, just not well versed in their lineup so I don't recognize it unless it's all spelled out for me.  And with OyDave, you can never be too sure...

Hi Joe.  I was thinking of you a couple of nights ago while drinking a New Brighton Coffee Stout.  I thought it was much better than the 81 beeradvocate gave 'em.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/28208/101633/

I usually buy a beer first based on how it sounds and THEN look at reviews. What do they know about my tastes, anyway?!   I don't think my beloved Mother Earth SinTax is reviewed particularly high, either.
That's exactly what I did.
I just stopped for beer on the way back from my MRI, no more VaS 6-packs but they had grapefruit Sculpin and I also got some Horny Goat Choc PB porter so not too shabby

Grapefruit Sculpin is GOOD!  It's the same price as the regular Sculpin, just kinda magnifies those flavors.  I like it.  Also loved that PB Chocolate from Horny Goat that you sent me.  I've lost track of where I've ranked each one, but the only one I've been a bit disappointed with is the Karl Strauss peanut butter cup porter.  People here rave about it but probably because it was "first".  I think it's really light bodied and way to carbonated tasting.  I wish SinTax came in six packs.
I will need to commission you to bring some PB Beers for me to try when I visit  ;D

They seem to be much more prevalent on the east coast.  Only two regularly available here that I know of, the Mother Earth SinTax and the Belching Beaver PB Milk Stout.  I much prefer the Mother Earth.  Gonna visit any breweries when you're here or are general plans still up in the air?
I've heard there are one or two in the general area.

BV560 has a perfect draw and burn line. Starting. Out with that dry mild salty and peppery profile.

BV560?  Don't recognize the acronym or it's something I've just never heard of... what is it?
Curivari .  I've given you some during last year's visits

Yes you have.  I always enjoy Curivaris, just not well versed in their lineup so I don't recognize it unless it's all spelled out for me.  And with OyDave, you can never be too sure...
The CI boys have just discovered these....so it's the "new" big thing.
Logged

jswaykos

BV560 has a perfect draw and burn line. Starting. Out with that dry mild salty and peppery profile.

BV560?  Don't recognize the acronym or it's something I've just never heard of... what is it?
Curivari .  I've given you some during last year's visits

Yes you have.  I always enjoy Curivaris, just not well versed in their lineup so I don't recognize it unless it's all spelled out for me.  And with OyDave, you can never be too sure...
The CI boys have just discovered these....so it's the "new" big thing.

LOL, I see...

[...]

That SinTax sounds awesome!  We are planning on doing a few breweries, my dad is getting pretty into homebrewing and my BiL is West Coast IPA guy.  Ballast Pt, Stone, and Green Flash are on my radar to visit...any others your recommend?

AleSmith for sure.  Port/Lost Abbey. Coronado Brewing if you're spending time in Coronado, anyway. A lot of people really like Societe but I've never tried their stuff since I don't believe they bottle anything.
I think we might hit a couple of them over the week - do most have food and stuff too?  Grab a lunch and a flight sampler/growler?

Most do not have food in house, many bring in food trucks. The Miramar and Little Italy Ballast Point locations have kitchens.  Stone at Liberty Station does but their food is weird.  Alesmith does not.  Never been to Port/Lost Abbey, I just love their beers.  When I was at Green Flash they had a food truck.
Do a search for Karl Strauss.  Decent brews and nice pub food.  There are about 4-5 in the San Diego area.

Morning gents.  Anyone else having issues with the CI website?  Never mind, stupid question.
What's a CI? Morning, Mark.
It's that place where you anticipate the visit but leave empty handed.  Kinda like a titty bar but without the tits.  Or bar.
A combination titty bar/cigar lounge. Why doesn't someone open this establishment right now?
Do you know how hard it is to get the cigar smells out of G-strings?
Probably the same as getting the G-string smells out of the cigar...
Or leave the smells there and slap a Gurkha label on it.
Is that why Flip enjoys the Gurks?
must be 20 some odd years ago, wore a tie to my divorce, that had been taken off me, by the gal on stage, and been used to replace her G string...  I didn't say that out loud did I?
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

Morning gents.  Anyone else having issues with the CI website?  Never mind, stupid question.
What's a CI? Morning, Mark.
It's that place where you anticipate the visit but leave empty handed.  Kinda like a titty bar but without the tits.  Or bar.
A combination titty bar/cigar lounge. Why doesn't someone open this establishment right now?
Do you know how hard it is to get the cigar smells out of G-strings?
Probably the same as getting the G-string smells out of the cigar...
Or leave the smells there and slap a Gurkha label on it.
Is that why Flip enjoys the Gurks?
must be 20 some odd years ago, wore a tie to my divorce, that had been taken off me, by the gal on stage, and been used to replace her G string...  I didn't say that out loud did I?
my problem is getting the shit stains out of my G strings. Now I just by them in brown.

Morning gents.  Anyone else having issues with the CI website?  Never mind, stupid question.
What's a CI? Morning, Mark.
It's that place where you anticipate the visit but leave empty handed.  Kinda like a titty bar but without the tits.  Or bar.
A combination titty bar/cigar lounge. Why doesn't someone open this establishment right now?
Do you know how hard it is to get the cigar smells out of G-strings?
Probably the same as getting the G-string smells out of the cigar...
Or leave the smells there and slap a Gurkha label on it.
Is that why Flip enjoys the Gurks?
must be 20 some odd years ago, wore a tie to my divorce, that had been taken off me, by the gal on stage, and been used to replace her G string...  I didn't say that out loud did I?
my problem is getting the shit stains out of my G strings. Now I just by them in brown.
Why not just wipe your ass?   ;D

[...]
Isn't that what a thong is for?
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter

Long weekend and I came back to a shit storm.  How the fuck am I supposed to banter with these conditions?
You should just retire and stick to being banter CEO.
those of us with children that need to eventually go to college, don't envision not working....
Indeed. Even after the kids are long gone, I don't ever envision not working.

I envision retiring the very first day I'm eligible.  Whether or not that plan comes to fruition is up to me.  Morning, all.
Howdy Joe!  Not sure if I told you yet or not, San Diego is happening, sometime around May 9th-17th...I will update you where we are staying, flying in/out, etc once we finalize the booking.

Hey there, Shaun, good to hear!  I remember that you were tentatively planning a trip out this way.  I won't pencil anything in just yet but will certainly find the time to me up if you can.
Absolutely - already told the wife I will be heading to meet you for a cigar or two!

Whole family coming out or just you and the wife?
I should be out there that week as well.
Shaun and Joe - watch out for the white whale!