CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: 2/18/2015  (Read 42520 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 2/18/2015
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2015, 11:13:47 AM »

Long weekend and I came back to a shit storm.  How the fuck am I supposed to banter with these conditions?
You should just retire and stick to being banter CEO.
those of us with children that need to eventually go to college, don't envision not working....
Indeed. Even after the kids are long gone, I don't ever envision not working.

I envision retiring the very first day I'm eligible.  Whether or not that plan comes to fruition is up to me.  Morning, all.
Oh, definitely. I didn't mean that I wouldn't WANT to stop working, just that I will never be able to. Morning, Wednesday Joe.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2015, 11:16:51 AM »

Hi Joe.  I was thinking of you a couple of nights ago while drinking a New Brighton Coffee Stout.  I thought it was much better than the 81 beeradvocate gave 'em.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/28208/101633/

I usually buy a beer first based on how it sounds and THEN look at reviews. What do they know about my tastes, anyway?!   I don't think my beloved Mother Earth SinTax is reviewed particularly high, either.
That's exactly what I did.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2015, 11:21:31 AM »

Long weekend and I came back to a shit storm.  How the fuck am I supposed to banter with these conditions?
those of us with children that need to eventually go to college, don't envision not working....

I envision retiring the very first day I'm eligible.  Whether or not that plan comes to fruition is up to me.  Morning, all.
Howdy Joe!  Not sure if I told you yet or not, San Diego is happening, sometime around May 9th-17th...I will update you where we are staying, flying in/out, etc once we finalize the booking.

Hey there, Shaun, good to hear!  I remember that you were tentatively planning a trip out this way.  I won't pencil anything in just yet but will certainly find the time to me up if you can.
Absolutely - already told the wife I will be heading to meet you for a cigar or two!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2015, 11:26:47 AM »

Howdy Joe!  Not sure if I told you yet or not, San Diego is happening, sometime around May 9th-17th...I will update you where we are staying, flying in/out, etc once we finalize the booking.

Hey there, Shaun, good to hear!  I remember that you were tentatively planning a trip out this way.  I won't pencil anything in just yet but will certainly find the time to me up if you can.
Absolutely - already told the wife I will be heading to meet you for a cigar or two!

Whole family coming out or just you and the wife? 

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2015, 11:29:14 AM »

Oh, definitely. I didn't mean that I wouldn't WANT to stop working, just that I will never be able to. Morning, Wednesday Joe.

My new plan is get in with the government and end up in an elected official position.  Maybe the Treasurer/Tax Collector.  Make cash.  Retire early.  Plan B is college scholarships for the kids and retire on the savings on tuition.  Plan C is for extreme inflation and making a killing off our house.  D is the lottery.  E, some sort of lawsuit that pays me a lot.  Actually grinding away a career is WAY down the list.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2015, 11:32:54 AM »

Whole family: myself, wife, dad, mom, sister, sister's husband - dad and BiL both smoke, so they might accompany me as well. We are renting a house for a week, still finalizing which ones and where

sfish

« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2015, 11:33:12 AM »

Hi Joe.  I was thinking of you a couple of nights ago while drinking a New Brighton Coffee Stout.  I thought it was much better than the 81 beeradvocate gave 'em.

I usually buy a beer first based on how it sounds and THEN look at reviews. What do they know about my tastes, anyway?!   I don't think my beloved Mother Earth SinTax is reviewed particularly high, either.
I just stopped for beer on the way back from my MRI, no more VaS 6-packs but they had grapefruit Sculpin and I also got some Horny Goat Choc PB porter so not too shabby

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2015, 11:35:49 AM »

I just stopped for beer on the way back from my MRI, no more VaS 6-packs but they had grapefruit Sculpin and I also got some Horny Goat Choc PB porter so not too shabby

Grapefruit Sculpin is GOOD!  It's the same price as the regular Sculpin, just kinda magnifies those flavors.  I like it.  Also loved that PB Chocolate from Horny Goat that you sent me.  I've lost track of where I've ranked each one, but the only one I've been a bit disappointed with is the Karl Strauss peanut butter cup porter.  People here rave about it but probably because it was "first".  I think it's really light bodied and way to carbonated tasting.  I wish SinTax came in six packs.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2015, 11:36:51 AM »

Whole family: myself, wife, dad, mom, sister, sister's husband - dad and BiL both smoke, so they might accompany me as well. We are renting a house for a week, still finalizing which ones and where

That's cool, the more the merrier.  I just remembered you saying it might be a large family trip, is all.  House is definitely the way to go!  Some really amazing places in Mission Beach for that purpose! 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2015, 11:38:09 AM »

Grapefruit Sculpin is GOOD!  It's the same price as the regular Sculpin, just kinda magnifies those flavors.  I like it.  Also loved that PB Chocolate from Horny Goat that you sent me.  I've lost track of where I've ranked each one, but the only one I've been a bit disappointed with is the Karl Strauss peanut butter cup porter.  People here rave about it but probably because it was "first".  I think it's really light bodied and way to carbonated tasting.  I wish SinTax came in six packs.
I will need to commission you to bring some PB Beers for me to try when I visit  ;D

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2015, 11:40:35 AM »

When will you know what that MRI says?  More importantly, how are you feeling?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2015, 11:43:04 AM »

That's cool, the more the merrier.  I just remembered you saying it might be a large family trip, is all.  House is definitely the way to go!  Some really amazing places in Mission Beach for that purpose!
That's a nice area - I know we were looking there and a few other spots.  Want a house with a pool/hottub, grill, wifi, etc - nothing super fancy, but those things for sure

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2015, 11:43:25 AM »

I will need to commission you to bring some PB Beers for me to try when I visit  ;D

They seem to be much more prevalent on the east coast.  Only two regularly available here that I know of, the Mother Earth SinTax and the Belching Beaver PB Milk Stout.  I much prefer the Mother Earth.  Gonna visit any breweries when you're here or are general plans still up in the air?

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2015, 11:44:54 AM »

That's a nice area - I know we were looking there and a few other spots.  Want a house with a pool/hottub, grill, wifi, etc - nothing super fancy, but those things for sure

Yeah, for sure.  Not sure if many places have pools in that area, not a whole lot of land with them.  But who knows, I've never searched for vacation house rentals.  Of course, we do have beaches here... but the ocean is f'ing freezing.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2015, 11:46:49 AM »

They seem to be much more prevalent on the east coast.  Only two regularly available here that I know of, the Mother Earth SinTax and the Belching Beaver PB Milk Stout.  I much prefer the Mother Earth.  Gonna visit any breweries when you're here or are general plans still up in the air?
That SinTax sounds awesome!  We are planning on doing a few breweries, my dad is getting pretty into homebrewing and my BiL is West Coast IPA guy.  Ballast Pt, Stone, and Green Flash are on my radar to visit...any others your recommend?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20