« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2015, 10:42:16 AM »

We dug into the La Historias, too. Theyre going to be very good cigars, but they need more time in the humidor than the three weeks they've had. Flashes of brilliance, interspersed with flashes of ammonia. I'm gonna let them rest for a few months.
Have you tried the MF La Antiguedad?  I feel like they are similar cigars.  Then again, my palate is hopeless.

« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2015, 10:44:38 AM »

Based on the feedback I've read here, I'm tempted by these Man O' War Immortals.
I think they are a nice cigar.  "Newness" charge of $40 is pushing the limit of value.  Definitely worth trying.
Not an "Uncut" but definitely better than the premium Diesels of late.
I'll buy a single from the Hamburg store on May 1st.  I can wait.
Always gotta buy two, maybe three for a proper assessment.  Need at least three to properly validate the process (it's in the SOP).

« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2015, 10:47:10 AM »

We dug into the La Historias, too. Theyre going to be very good cigars, but they need more time in the humidor than the three weeks they've had. Flashes of brilliance, interspersed with flashes of ammonia. I'm gonna let them rest for a few months.
Have you tried the MF La Antiguedad?  I feel like they are similar cigars.  Then again, my palate is hopeless.
Haven't. Haven't heard enough good press from you guys yet to convince me to buy some. Guess I should.

« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2015, 10:47:24 AM »

We dug into the La Historias, too. Theyre going to be very good cigars, but they need more time in the humidor than the three weeks they've had. Flashes of brilliance, interspersed with flashes of ammonia. I'm gonna let them rest for a few months.
Have you tried the MF La Antiguedad?  I feel like they are similar cigars.  Then again, my palate is hopeless.
No, you are hopeless, your palate isn't bad.

« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2015, 10:49:30 AM »

Based on the feedback I've read here, I'm tempted by these Man O' War Immortals.
I think they are a nice cigar.  "Newness" charge of $40 is pushing the limit of value.  Definitely worth trying.
Not an "Uncut" but definitely better than the premium Diesels of late.
I'll buy a single from the Hamburg store on May 1st.  I can wait.
Always gotta buy two, maybe three for a proper assessment.  Need at least three to properly validate the process (it's in the SOP).
I agree with that.  But I usually take the shortcut and only buy two.  Smoke them a couple of months apart.  If they both suck, it stops there.  But I'm on another buying hiatus right now.  Have to pay for the CF tickets next and then we'll see.  Not like I don't have enough to smoke.

« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2015, 10:50:25 AM »

We dug into the La Historias, too. Theyre going to be very good cigars, but they need more time in the humidor than the three weeks they've had. Flashes of brilliance, interspersed with flashes of ammonia. I'm gonna let them rest for a few months.
Have you tried the MF La Antiguedad?  I feel like they are similar cigars.  Then again, my palate is hopeless.
No, you are hopeless, your palate isn't bad.
Tomaytoe, tamahtoe.

« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2015, 10:51:32 AM »

We dug into the La Historias, too. Theyre going to be very good cigars, but they need more time in the humidor than the three weeks they've had. Flashes of brilliance, interspersed with flashes of ammonia. I'm gonna let them rest for a few months.
Interesting, I've been through two boxes and haven't had any of them present at "green" with that ammonia issue.

« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2015, 11:10:22 AM »

Looks like Dave broke the banter again talking about cigars.  The nerve!  And where the fuck is Shaun with the lunch menu?

« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2015, 11:13:08 AM »

Looks like Dave broke the banter again talking about cigars.  The nerve!  And where the fuck is Shaun with the lunch menu?
Ohh hai!

Wednesday
$3 meal option-1
        Soup Chili
        Salad Bar
$5 meal option-2 combination of any/all of the following:
        Soup
        Salad Bar
        Made to order deli sandwich
        Roast Beef and Cheddar on a Pretzel Bun
   Chicken Alfredo Casserole

« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2015, 11:14:01 AM »

We dug into the La Historias, too. Theyre going to be very good cigars, but they need more time in the humidor than the three weeks they've had. Flashes of brilliance, interspersed with flashes of ammonia. I'm gonna let them rest for a few months.
Interesting, I've been through two boxes and haven't had any of them present at "green" with that ammonia issue.
I thought it was just me, then Dan (the skinny guy in the picture sitting by the humidor) made the same observation.

But it was definitely there, just enough to be annoying because the cigar was really trying to be great. So I'm thinking they just need a little more time.

« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2015, 11:18:36 AM »

Looks like Dave broke the banter again talking about cigars.  The nerve!  And where the fuck is Shaun with the lunch menu?
Ohh hai!

Wednesday
$3 meal option-1
        Soup Chili
        Salad Bar
$5 meal option-2 combination of any/all of the following:
        Soup
        Salad Bar
        Made to order deli sandwich
        Roast Beef and Cheddar on a Pretzel Bun
   Chicken Alfredo Casserole
My vote is for chili and a deli sammich.

« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2015, 11:19:51 AM »

Looks like Dave broke the banter again talking about cigars.  The nerve!  And where the fuck is Shaun with the lunch menu?
Ohh hai!

Wednesday
$3 meal option-1
        Soup Chili
        Salad Bar
$5 meal option-2 combination of any/all of the following:
        Soup
        Salad Bar
        Made to order deli sandwich
        Roast Beef and Cheddar on a Pretzel Bun
   Chicken Alfredo Casserole
My vote is for chili and a deli sammich.
The Roast Beef sandwich will be a game time decision - chili sounds good!

« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2015, 11:21:48 AM »

We dug into the La Historias, too. Theyre going to be very good cigars, but they need more time in the humidor than the three weeks they've had. Flashes of brilliance, interspersed with flashes of ammonia. I'm gonna let them rest for a few months.
Interesting, I've been through two boxes and haven't had any of them present at "green" with that ammonia issue.
I thought it was just me, then Dan (the skinny guy in the picture sitting by the humidor) made the same observation.

But it was definitely there, just enough to be annoying because the cigar was really trying to be great. So I'm thinking they just need a little more time.
The banter definitely works.  I smoked a La Historia but all this talk is making me want to revisit it again, sooner than later.

« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2015, 11:34:34 AM »

We dug into the La Historias, too. Theyre going to be very good cigars, but they need more time in the humidor than the three weeks they've had. Flashes of brilliance, interspersed with flashes of ammonia. I'm gonna let them rest for a few months.
Interesting, I've been through two boxes and haven't had any of them present at "green" with that ammonia issue.
I thought it was just me, then Dan (the skinny guy in the picture sitting by the humidor) made the same observation.

But it was definitely there, just enough to be annoying because the cigar was really trying to be great. So I'm thinking they just need a little more time.
The banter definitely works.  I smoked a La Historia but all this talk is making me want to revisit it again, sooner than later.
The banter definitely works.  I've had chili but all this talk is making me want to revisit it again, like, now.

« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2015, 11:35:54 AM »

[...]

LOL!  I just checked our menu and may have to settle for Low Sodium Cream Of Mushroom Soup instead.