CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: 12/30/2014  (Read 42067 times)

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL

Famous has $40 off $150 and Free Ship - Tat Black CG Jar is $131 with 3 Tat Black Robustos thrown in, and free ship.  Noella Reservas are $140, etc - lots of good deals out there.  FS2SAV40
http://www.famous-smoke.com/cyb+corona+real+cigars/item+38958
CyB Corona Reals - 21/$79.95 x2 = 42/$159.90 + FS2SAV40 = 42/$119.9 or $2.85/ea
The way you put it is crystal clear to me, Shaun.  My question is (for all): Would you rather have one order of the Tat Blacks or two of the CyB corona reals?  I have plenty of decent but relatively bland small smokes (as well as strong ones), but would like something tasty. 
 Merry Christmas (12 Days!) and Happy New Year![/color]
Personal taste!  Shaun will say Tat Black and I would lean that way.
Tat Black is my favorite cigar for the money.  For $6, it's really hard to beat, IMO, GFY, etc.  There are other good options too...MFs, MF Connies, Tatuaje Noella Reserva...but I like the Black CG, personally.
Thanks, Shaun.  How's marriage treating you?  Have you had a second anniversary (sorry been out of touch)?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 12/30/2014
« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2014, 03:58:59 PM »

Late Merry Christmas and an early Happy New Year to you as well, SLY.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing

Famous has $40 off $150 and Free Ship - Tat Black CG Jar is $131 with 3 Tat Black Robustos thrown in, and free ship.  Noella Reservas are $140, etc - lots of good deals out there.  FS2SAV40
The way you put it is crystal clear to me, Shaun.  My question is (for all): Would you rather have one order of the Tat Blacks or two of the CyB corona reals?  I have plenty of decent but relatively bland small smokes (as well as strong ones), but would like something tasty. 
Thanks, N8ive, I thought that might be the case.  I have had the larger CyB's and enjoyed them, but didn't knock my socks off, but know that sometimes corona versions of blends can be more concentrated in flavor.
I have my first Diesel Hair of the Dog (HotDog) corona last night, and it was surprisingly strong.  Followed with a Quesada Tributo (torpedo) which was interesting and enjoyable.
I just commented yesterday that I think the Hair of the Dog might be the best of the Diesel's.   RyB corona is better than the other sizes IMHO and many others seem to think that also.  I am not an "I luv everything Tat" guy at all but Black Corona is a nice cigar based on the 2 I have smoked out of my cookie jar.  Jar is a piece of crap.
I dislike more Tats than I like for sure, but he makes so fricken many cigars you are bound to love a handful of them.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2014, 04:02:33 PM »

Praise the Lord for Watch Espn!

7-7 End of 1st qtr
Holy crap, tied at 14 now. Where's that vaunted Tiger defense?
Afternoon, Mark.  Going to have to go out and get some Tullamore Dew to sip while watching this game.
Are you smoking anything? (Erin go Bragh)?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing

Tat Black is my favorite cigar for the money.  For $6, it's really hard to beat, IMO, GFY, etc.  There are other good options too...MFs, MF Connies, Tatuaje Noella Reserva...but I like the Black CG, personally.
Thanks, Shaun.  How's marriage treating you?  Have you had a second anniversary (sorry been out of touch)?
Sly, good to see ya!  It's going well!  Wife and I bought a home last Oct, and just celebrated our 2nd Anniversary(been together just over 10 years total, married for 2).  How are things with you?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »

7-7 End of 1st qtr
Not tied now 21-14 Irish - dammit.    Defense is on Christmas break it appears.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #171 on: December 30, 2014, 04:07:57 PM »

7-7 End of 1st qtr
Not tied now 21-14 Irish - dammit.    Defense is on Christmas break it appears.
Screw the Dames!  Go Tigers!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #172 on: December 30, 2014, 04:07:59 PM »

Think I will go the F home.   BBL

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #173 on: December 30, 2014, 04:08:58 PM »

What did it?  Just so that I know for next time.   ;)

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #174 on: December 30, 2014, 04:09:45 PM »

Late Merry Christmas and an early Happy New Year to you as well, SLY.
Thanks, Tony.  I'm going to try to celebrate every one of the days of the Christmas season up through the Baptism of the Lord.  At least through Epiphany.  What's a typical Italian New Year's Eve/Day celebration like? (food/drink).  I was actually in Italy over New Year's in Italy in 1973.  Spent New Year's Eve/my birthday in Florence ... I remember it was cold, windy, maybe even some snow, but the city was beautifully decorated.  My buddy and I were backpacking across Italy and Greece (rode that ferry that is on fire in the Adriatic right now), and kept running into two American sisters (cute) along the way who were doing something similar over semester break.  We bumped into each other again in Florence and asked them to join us for dinner in a cozy Florentine ristorante.  That's about all I remember of that night.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #175 on: December 30, 2014, 04:11:17 PM »

Yeah, let us know!  :D

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #176 on: December 30, 2014, 04:11:58 PM »

Chit, I get off at 3:30 so the secret is come in at 6:00 a.m.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2014, 04:13:52 PM »

Chit, I get off at 3:30 so the secret is come in at 6:00 a.m.
You know I love ya, Dave.  Take care.

SLY

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL

Sly, good to see ya!  It's going well!  Wife and I bought a home last Oct, and just celebrated our 2nd Anniversary(been together just over 10 years total, married for 2).  How are things with you?
Good to hear it ... keep the home fires burning (besides the tobacco) ... I'm hanging in there.  A lot of deaths around though lately.  By the end of this week, I will have been to 6 events related to the deaths of 4 people in the last two weeks. 3 Elderly, but one guy was my age and went to 4-8th grade and then a year of HS together ... not my best buddy, but nevertheless a significant person in my life along with his family.  It certainly is tempering my celebrating with a certain amount of sobriety ... No one knows the day or the hour, but you can prepare for it.  Need to prepare for it.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing

Good to hear it ... keep the home fires burning (besides the tobacco) ... I'm hanging in there.  A lot of deaths around though lately.  By the end of this week, I will have been to 6 events related to the deaths of 4 people in the last two weeks. 3 Elderly, but one guy was my age and went to 4-8th grade and then a year of HS together ... not my best buddy, but nevertheless a significant person in my life along with his family.  It certainly is tempering my celebrating with a certain amount of sobriety ... No one knows the day or the hour, but you can prepare for it.  Need to prepare for it.
Unbelievable how that stuff seems to happen with a degree of volume.  We lost my Aunt to a car accident this summer - big eye opener for the family to bond, shame it always takes something as horrific as that to restore and build relationships.  Even worse around the holidays, my condolences.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18