CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 28, 2015, 12:00:04 AM

Title: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarBanter on January 28, 2015, 12:00:04 AM
If I had time to set this site up the way that I wanted, I would provide a link in the corner to help support my buddy, Rich.  Instead, I'm gonna post this link as the first post for the next 10 days.  It's to support him in his upcoming race where he will represent the U.S.A. in the "2015  International Association of Ultrarunners (IAU) 24 Hour World Championships".

Just to give you a little background, Rich and I have known one another for about 15 years.  We competed as a team a number of years back in a company weight loss challenge and we won.  During the course of that challenge, I introduced Rich to running.  He did his first 5K with me that year.  Since then Rich has gone on to become an ultra marathoner who has competed in races too extreme for even the most die-hard gym-goer; seven marathons, two 50-milers, three 100-milers, and two 24-hour races (not a typo).  Recently, he qualified for the USA Track & Field 24-hour race team.

Please consider supporting Rich Riopel at the (IAU) 24 Hour World Championship in Torino, Italy on April 11-12, 2015 by making a donation and/or getting a tee shirt from:

http://booster.com/runrichrun

Let Donna know that I sent you and I'll be sure to take care of the shipping.

-Antnee

PS   He doesn't smoke when he's training, which is most of the time, but Rich is a Brother of the Leaf.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:40:23 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:41:52 AM
[...]

Damn, 24 hours of running takes a real man for sure.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:43:13 AM
Today is Wednesday, Jan. 28, the 28th day of 2015. There are 337 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:46:15 AM
Today's Highlights in History:

On Jan. 28, 1915, the United States Coast Guard was created as President Woodrow Wilson signed a bill merging the Life-Saving Service and Revenue Cutter Service. The American merchant vessel SS William P. Frye, en route to England with a cargo of wheat, became the first U.S. ship to be sunk during World War I by a German cruiser, the SS Prinz Eitel Friedrich, even though the United States was not at war.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:46:41 AM
On this date:
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:47:09 AM
In 1547, England's King Henry VIII died; he was succeeded by his 9-year-old son, Edward VI.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:48:01 AM
In 1813, the novel "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen was first published anonymously in London.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:48:47 AM
In 1909, the United States withdrew its forces from Cuba as Jose Miguel Gomez became president.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:49:21 AM
In 1939, Irish poet-dramatist William Butler Yeats died in Menton, France.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:49:57 AM
In 1945, during World War II, Allied supplies began reaching China over the newly reopened Burma Road.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:50:23 AM
In 1956, Elvis Presley made his first national TV appearance on "Stage Show," a CBS program hosted by Tommy and Jimmy Dorsey.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:50:55 AM
In 1962, the last of Washington, D.C.'s original streetcars made its final run.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:51:18 AM
In 1973, a cease-fire officially went into effect in the Vietnam War.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:51:47 AM
In 1977, actor-comedian Freddie Prinze, 22, co-star of the NBC-TV show "Chico and the Man," shot and mortally wounded himself at the Beverly Comstock Hotel (he died the following day).
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:52:21 AM
In 1980, six U.S. diplomats who had avoided being taken hostage at their embassy in Tehran flew out of Iran with the help of Canadian diplomats.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:52:48 AM

In 1985, the charity supergroup USA for Africa recorded the Michael Jackson-Lionel Richie song "We Are the World" at A&M Studios in Los Angeles.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:53:15 AM

In 1986, the space shuttle Challenger exploded 73 seconds after liftoff from Cape Canaveral, killing all seven crew members, including schoolteacher Christa McAuliffe.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:53:47 AM
Ten years ago: Iraqis overseas began three days of voting in 14 nations. Senate Democrats criticized President George W. Bush's plan to add personal accounts to Social Security and accused his administration of improperly using the Social Security Administration to promote the idea. Consumer products giant Procter & Gamble Co. and Gillette Co. announced a $57 billion merger.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:54:15 AM
Five years ago: Major world powers opened talks in London seeking an end to the conflict in Afghanistan. President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden announced $8 billion in federal grants for high-speed rail projects nationwide during a visit to Tampa, Florida. Embattled Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke won Senate confirmation for a second term.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:54:55 AM
One year ago: Seeking to energize his second term, President Barack Obama vowed in his State of the Union address to sidestep Congress "whenever and wherever" necessary to narrow economic disparities between rich and poor. Ukraine's prime minister, Mykola Azarov, resigned and the Ukrainian parliament repealed anti-protest laws in back-to-back moves designed to defuse the country's political crisis.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:55:19 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actor Nicholas Pryor is 80. Actor Alan Alda is 79. Actress Susan Howard is 73. Actress Marthe (cq) Keller is 70. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., is 68. Actress-singer Barbi Benton is 65. Evangelical pastor Rick Warren is 61. Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy (sahr-koh-ZEE') is 60. Actress Harley Jane Kozak is 58. Movie director Frank Darabont is 56. Rock musician Dave Sharp is 56. Rock singer Sam Phillips is 53. Rock musician Dan Spitz is 52. Country musician Greg Cook (Ricochet) is 50. Gospel singer Marvin Sapp is 48. Singer Sarah McLachlan is 47. Rapper Rakim is 47. DJ Muggs (Cypress Hill) is 47. Actress Kathryn Morris is 46. Rock/soul musician Jeremy Ruzumna (Fitz and the Tantrums) is 45. Rhythm-and-blues singer Anthony Hamilton is 44. Rock musician Brandon Bush is 42. Retired MLB All-Star Jermaine Dye is 41. Singer Joey Fatone Jr. ('N Sync) is 38. Rapper Rick Ross is 38. Actress Rosamund Pike is 36. Singer Nick Carter (Backstreet Boys) is 35. Actor Elijah Wood is 34. Rapper J. Cole is 30. Actress Alexandra Krosney is 27. Actress Ariel Winter (TV: "Modern Family") is 17.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:55:55 AM
Thought for Today: "A self-taught man usually has a poor teacher and a worse student." — Henny Youngman, British-born American comedian (1906-1998).

Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 02:56:35 AM
The Bear Trap
-------------------------

A hunter was rushed into the emergency room with a bear trap
clamped onto his testicles. As the horrified doctor was
examining him, he said "Man, how did this happen?"

The hunter explains that he was out in the woods and felt
the call of nature. Bending down by a tree, the bear trap
was triggered and snapped shut on his testicles. "Oh,"
exclaims the doctor, "The pain must have been excruciating!"

"It was," said the hunter. "The second worst pain in my
life."

"Second worst? What could have been worse than that?"

"Coming to the end of the chain" said the hunter.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 03:04:08 AM
Time to hit the road for work guys, enjoy your day.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 05:18:42 AM
Time for a couple of sheesh's.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 28, 2015, 05:49:01 AM
Morning Chip.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 28, 2015, 05:50:51 AM
Morning LSU & Golf.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 28, 2015, 05:54:36 AM
Got an extra hour at home this morning.  Traveling to East Texas today.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 06:00:18 AM
Got an extra hour at home this morning.  Traveling to East Texas today.
Sleeping late is a good thing.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 06:00:41 AM
Good morning Dave and Native.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 28, 2015, 06:08:52 AM
Got an extra hour at home this morning.  Traveling to East Texas today.
Sleeping late is a good thing.
Very true but I woke up with a headache.  At least I have an hour to drink coffee and let it get better.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 28, 2015, 06:14:16 AM
Great Blizzard of 1888

The Great Blizzard of 1888 or Great Blizzard of '88 (March 11 – March 14, 1888) was one of the most severe recorded blizzards in the history of the United States of America. Snowfalls of 20–60 inches fell in parts of New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, and Connecticut, and sustained winds of more than 45 miles per hour  produced snowdrifts in excess of 50 feet.  Railroads were shut down and people were confined to their houses for up to a week.

The storm, referred to as the Great White Hurricane, paralyzed the East Coast from the Chesapeake Bay to Maine,as well as the Atlantic provinces of Canada.Telegraph infrastructure was disabled, isolating Montreal and most of the large northeastern U.S. cities from Washington, D.C. to Boston for days. Following the storm, New York began placing its telegraph and telephone infrastructure underground to prevent their destruction. From Chesapeake Bay through the New England area, more than 200 ships were either grounded or wrecked, resulting in the deaths of at least 100 seamen.

In New York, neither rail nor road transport was possible anywhere for days, and drifts across the New York–New Haven rail line at Westport, Connecticut took eight days to clear; transportation gridlock as a result of the storm was partially responsible for the creation of the first underground subway system in the United States, which opened nine years later in Boston.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 06:24:36 AM
Top o' the morning to one and all.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 28, 2015, 06:29:58 AM
Morning Tony.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 06:33:25 AM
Morning Tony.
How's the headache, Dave?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 28, 2015, 06:35:34 AM
Morning Tony.
How's the headache, Dave?
Getting better thankfully.  Got 40 more minutes to get rid of it before I have to leave.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 06:37:08 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Antnee.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 06:37:48 AM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 28, 2015, 06:41:54 AM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed, wishing Fish all the best.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 28, 2015, 06:42:08 AM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
+1
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 28, 2015, 06:42:34 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Antnee.
Morning Travellin Dave.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 06:45:02 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Antnee.
Good morning Dave and Tony.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 28, 2015, 06:45:35 AM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed, wishing Fish all the best.
Indeed!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 06:47:18 AM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 06:49:06 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Antnee.
Good morning Dave and Tony.
Howdy, Chip.  How are you feeling?  Keeping that blood pressure down?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 28, 2015, 06:52:00 AM
Sheesh, this place is turning into an infirmary, we seem to have an aging population. :(
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 28, 2015, 06:53:31 AM
Time to get going, be on the road all day.  Have a good day all.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 06:54:59 AM
Barbi Benton is 65?  Just shoot me now...
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 06:58:11 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Antnee.
Morning Travellin Dave.
Actually get to hit the road tomorrow!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 07:01:17 AM
Sheesh, this place is turning into an infirmary, we seem to have an aging population. :(
Don't have to equate the two....Biebs is still a young 'un.
As for me, as long as I can avoid mirrors, I'm not really aging.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 07:01:41 AM
Time to get going, be on the road all day.  Have a good day all.
Be safe and feel better, Dave.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 07:02:09 AM
Barbi Benton is 65?  Just shoot me now...
Who?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 28, 2015, 07:02:23 AM
Good moring Chip, Dave(s), and Tony.

I probably should have waited to post those pictures this morning instead of last night.

There no wild life because I didn't get far before I got a call to help with a water heater, which I'll be working on before golf soon.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 07:19:04 AM
Barbi Benton is 65?  Just shoot me now...
Who?
Can't you google it dipstick?
Playboy bunny, Hef favorite and occasional actress.
Definitely held up well though.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 28, 2015, 07:19:42 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Antnee.
Morning Travellin Dave.
Actually get to hit the road tomorrow!
Where you heading?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 07:19:53 AM
Morning Dean
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 07:20:42 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Antnee.
Morning Travellin Dave.
Actually get to hit the road tomorrow!
Where you heading?
Down SC and GA to see my two boys.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 07:41:59 AM
Good mornin gents!  Hump daaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 28, 2015, 07:42:56 AM
Good mornin gents!  Hump daaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
ShaunShaunShaunShaun
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 28, 2015, 07:43:29 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Antnee.
Morning Travellin Dave.
Actually get to hit the road tomorrow!
Where you heading?
Down SC and GA to see my two boys.
Good deal.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 07:47:46 AM
Good mornin gents!  Hump daaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
ShaunShaunShaunShaun
Guessss what daaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it isssssss
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 08:01:45 AM
Barbi Benton is 65?  Just shoot me now...
Who?
Can't you google it dipstick?
Playboy bunny, Hef favorite and occasional actress.
Definitely held up well though.
I could have googled it, but it could get me fired.  I knew who she was but wanted to bust your chops.  We kinda got jipped out of a Tuesday.  DOIN' IT FOR SCOTTY!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 08:02:35 AM
Good mornin gents!  Hump daaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
GFY Shaun.  Just because.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 08:04:49 AM
Good mornin gents!  Hump daaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
ShaunShaunShaunShaun
Guessss what daaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it isssssss
If you don't know, google it like anybody else....you can be as useless as Antnee at times.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 08:12:43 AM
Good mornin gents!  Hump daaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
GFY Shaun.  Just because.
I'll accept that   ;D  Mornin Tony!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 28, 2015, 08:20:34 AM
Morning men.  And I did not need to hear that Barbi Benton was 65.  FML.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 08:22:56 AM
Morning men.  And I did not need to hear that Barbi Benton was 65.  FML.
Mornin Bean!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 28, 2015, 08:27:09 AM
Morning men.  And I did not need to hear that Barbi Benton was 65.  FML.
Morning Mark.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 28, 2015, 08:35:45 AM
Barbi Benton is 65?  Just shoot me now...
The warden sometimes watches Chopped, and they had a celebrity version on recently.  One of the chiefs was Dawn Wells (Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island for you whippersnappers).   Dang it if she didn't get old, too.  WTF.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 08:50:33 AM
Barbi Benton is 65?  Just shoot me now...
The warden sometimes watches Chopped, and they had a celebrity version on recently.  One of the chiefs was Dawn Wells (Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island for you whippersnappers).   Dang it if she didn't get old, too.  WTF.
I watch Kitchen Crashers for my girl Allison Victoria:
(http://dev.splash.suntimes.com/wp-content/gallery/wwww112512/alison-victoria-lo.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 08:52:48 AM
Barbi Benton is 65?  Just shoot me now...
The warden sometimes watches Chopped, and they had a celebrity version on recently.  One of the chiefs was Dawn Wells (Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island for you whippersnappers).   Dang it if she didn't get old, too.  WTF.
Just glad we're not!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 08:54:57 AM
Morning men.  And I did not need to hear that Barbi Benton was 65.  FML.
Sorry...but needed to share the pain.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 28, 2015, 08:55:51 AM
Barbi Benton is 65?  Just shoot me now...
The warden sometimes watches Chopped, and they had a celebrity version on recently.  One of the chiefs was Dawn Wells (Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island for you whippersnappers).   Dang it if she didn't get old, too.  WTF.
Just glad we're not!
Indeed. But like you said, f'n mirrors.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 09:04:05 AM
Barbi Benton is 65?  Just shoot me now...
The warden sometimes watches Chopped, and they had a celebrity version on recently.  One of the chiefs was Dawn Wells (Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island for you whippersnappers).   Dang it if she didn't get old, too.  WTF.
Just glad we're not!
Indeed. But like you said, f'n mirrors.
Unless they are those skinny mirrors ;)
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 09:07:51 AM
Barbi Benton is 65?  Just shoot me now...
The warden sometimes watches Chopped, and they had a celebrity version on recently.  One of the chiefs was Dawn Wells (Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island for you whippersnappers).   Dang it if she didn't get old, too.  WTF.
Just glad we're not!
Indeed. But like you said, f'n mirrors.
Unless they are those skinny mirrors ;)
We don't cheat YellowStar.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 09:11:20 AM
Barbi Benton is 65?  Just shoot me now...
The warden sometimes watches Chopped, and they had a celebrity version on recently.  One of the chiefs was Dawn Wells (Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island for you whippersnappers).   Dang it if she didn't get old, too.  WTF.
Just glad we're not!
Indeed. But like you said, f'n mirrors.
Unless they are those skinny mirrors ;)
We don't cheat YellowStar.
Just false advertising, not cheating :)  It's like a pushup bra
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 09:21:55 AM
I didn't miss a thing, thank goodness.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 09:27:01 AM
I didn't miss a thing, thank goodness.
It's hard to post while you are gone   :-*
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 28, 2015, 09:32:15 AM
I didn't miss a thing, thank goodness.
It's hard to post while you are gone   :-*
Also hard to miss anything important with this group posting.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 09:35:50 AM
I didn't miss a thing, thank goodness.
It's hard to post while you are gone   :-*
Also hard to miss anything important with this group posting.
GFY!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 09:40:19 AM
I didn't miss a thing, thank goodness.
It's hard to post while you are gone   :-*
Also hard to miss anything important with this group posting.
GFY!
That's the spirit!!!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 28, 2015, 09:44:09 AM
I didn't miss a thing, thank goodness.
It's hard to post while you are gone   :-*
Also hard to miss anything important with this group posting.
GFY!
(http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/smoking_gunz/simpson-middle-finger.gif)
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 09:52:14 AM
I didn't miss a thing, thank goodness.
It's hard to post while you are gone   :-*
Also hard to miss anything important with this group posting.
GFY!
(http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/smoking_gunz/simpson-middle-finger.gif)
Homer seems so angry today.  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 28, 2015, 09:55:46 AM
I didn't miss a thing, thank goodness.
It's hard to post while you are gone   :-*
Also hard to miss anything important with this group posting.
GFY!
(http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/smoking_gunz/simpson-middle-finger.gif)
Homer seems so angry today.  Sheesh.
Not at all. In fact, switching over to AT&T Uverse tomorrow, so I'll be able to watch DVR stuff out in the man cave, which will be pretty sweet. Was with Wow for years, but they dropped BBC America. That was the final straw.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 09:59:43 AM
I didn't miss a thing, thank goodness.
It's hard to post while you are gone   :-*
Also hard to miss anything important with this group posting.
GFY!
(http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/smoking_gunz/simpson-middle-finger.gif)
Homer seems so angry today.  Sheesh.
Not at all. In fact, switching over to AT&T Uverse tomorrow, so I'll be able to watch DVR stuff out in the man cave, which will be pretty sweet. Was with Wow for years, but they dropped BBC America. That was the final straw.
All the providers suck.  It's good to stick it to them when you can.  Unfortunately, my wife won't even allow me to threaten Verizon because we've had all the other possible providers and she's not interested in what they have.  So I just keep paying their exorbitant premiums.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 28, 2015, 10:03:22 AM
I didn't miss a thing, thank goodness.
It's hard to post while you are gone   :-*
Also hard to miss anything important with this group posting.
GFY!
(http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/smoking_gunz/simpson-middle-finger.gif)
Homer seems so angry today.  Sheesh.
Not at all. In fact, switching over to AT&T Uverse tomorrow, so I'll be able to watch DVR stuff out in the man cave, which will be pretty sweet. Was with Wow for years, but they dropped BBC America. That was the final straw.
All the providers suck.  It's good to stick it to them when you can.  Unfortunately, my wife won't even allow me to threaten Verizon because we've had all the other possible providers and she's not interested in what they have.  So I just keep paying their exorbitant premiums.
I hear ya. We've had Time Warner, never again. We can't get any dish because of trees in the front yard, so for us, it's Wow or ATT. Was perfectly happy with Wow, but when you drop the channel with Doctor Who on it, not to mention other shows, you cross the line. Haha.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 10:03:28 AM
I didn't miss a thing, thank goodness.
It's hard to post while you are gone   :-*
Also hard to miss anything important with this group posting.
GFY!
(http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/smoking_gunz/simpson-middle-finger.gif)
Homer seems so angry today.  Sheesh.
Not at all. In fact, switching over to AT&T Uverse tomorrow, so I'll be able to watch DVR stuff out in the man cave, which will be pretty sweet. Was with Wow for years, but they dropped BBC America. That was the final straw.
All the providers suck.  It's good to stick it to them when you can.  Unfortunately, my wife won't even allow me to threaten Verizon because we've had all the other possible providers and she's not interested in what they have.  So I just keep paying their exorbitant premiums.
Fios?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 10:05:39 AM
Fios?
Yes.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 10:08:24 AM
I hear ya. We've had Time Warner, never again. We can't get any dish because of trees in the front yard, so for us, it's Wow or ATT. Was perfectly happy with Wow, but when you drop the channel with Doctor Who on it, not to mention other shows, you cross the line. Haha.
I completely respect that.  I've left previous providers for similar reasons.  Their response was to blame the channel; saying that they were unreasonable in their demands and that they could no longer afford to offer it.  Then fuck you, I'm going elsewhere.  CableVision/Optimum is famous for that.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 10:08:59 AM
Morning, muchachos. Antnee, I ordered a shirt to support Rich.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 10:09:40 AM
Based on the feedback I've read here, I'm tempted by these Man O' War Immortals.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 28, 2015, 10:12:40 AM
Based on the feedback I've read here, I'm tempted by these Man O' War Immortals.
I'd try them too, but then again, I'm an AJ whore.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 10:12:41 AM
Morning, muchachos. Antnee, I ordered a shirt to support Rich.
That's very cool of you.  I was just talking to him this morning.  He's bringing his wife and three kids with him.  "If it was just me I wouldn't even bother soliciting for support,  but when your Dad is representing the country in an international sporting event... couldn't see not bringing them."  I'll be sure to mail that to you.  Thanks, brother.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 10:15:31 AM
Good night last night with good friends, good conversation, good Scotch, fine chocolate, and great cigars.
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/28/e88cb98c0724543f264119c3f05a84c8.jpg)(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/28/878bc58e2111682bfd434031c24f6d0d.jpg)(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/28/a2ca4e6a5e9af45304b1fad735fdbb1d.jpg)(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/28/f3b460d741063c93733940fa29a97484.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 10:20:27 AM
Good night last night with good friends, good conversation, good Scotch, fine chocolate, and great cigars.
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/28/e88cb98c0724543f264119c3f05a84c8.jpg)(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/28/878bc58e2111682bfd434031c24f6d0d.jpg)(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/28/a2ca4e6a5e9af45304b1fad735fdbb1d.jpg)(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/28/f3b460d741063c93733940fa29a97484.jpg)
I've smoked that Partagas, courtesy of Charlie.  But the rest of those pics require details.  Most importantly, what kind of chocolate was that?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 10:22:19 AM
I hear ya. We've had Time Warner, never again. We can't get any dish because of trees in the front yard, so for us, it's Wow or ATT. Was perfectly happy with Wow, but when you drop the channel with Doctor Who on it, not to mention other shows, you cross the line. Haha.
I completely respect that.  I've left previous providers for similar reasons.  Their response was to blame the channel; saying that they were unreasonable in their demands and that they could no longer afford to offer it.  Then fuck you, I'm going elsewhere.  CableVision/Optimum is famous for that.
Hell, they threatened to dump CBS but had their bluff called.  What the hell is the difference, they just pass the increased fee on to us.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 10:24:05 AM
Based on the feedback I've read here, I'm tempted by these Man O' War Immortals.
I think they are a nice cigar.  "Newness" charge of $40 is pushing the limit of value.  Definitely worth trying.
Not an "Uncut" but definitely better than the premium Diesels of late.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 10:24:09 AM
We dug into the La Historias, too. Theyre going to be very good cigars, but they need more time in the humidor than the three weeks they've had. Flashes of brilliance, interspersed with flashes of ammonia. I'm gonna let them rest for a few months.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 10:25:15 AM
I hear ya. We've had Time Warner, never again. We can't get any dish because of trees in the front yard, so for us, it's Wow or ATT. Was perfectly happy with Wow, but when you drop the channel with Doctor Who on it, not to mention other shows, you cross the line. Haha.
I completely respect that.  I've left previous providers for similar reasons.  Their response was to blame the channel; saying that they were unreasonable in their demands and that they could no longer afford to offer it.  Then fuck you, I'm going elsewhere.  CableVision/Optimum is famous for that.
Hell, they threatened to dump CBS but had their bluff called.  What the hell is the difference, they just pass the increased fee on to us.
I dumped DISH network when they dropped the YES Network.  I know most of you couldn't give a shit about the Yankees but I used still be allowed to watch baseball in those days.  I'm sure we'd dump FiOS if they dropped Bravo.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 10:29:55 AM
Antnee - You would ask that when I'm fuzzy from drinking single-malt scotch. It was Belgian...I think it was Bouchard. The Scotches were Ardbeg and Balvenie.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 28, 2015, 10:31:05 AM
[...]
Sounds like you have a letter-writing campaign to start.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 10:35:35 AM
Antnee - You would ask that when I'm fuzzy from drinking single-malt scotch. It was Belgian...I think it was Bouchard. The Scotches were Ardbeg and Balvenie.
Anything other than Hershey's is an acceptable answer.  Belgian, Swiss, anywhere in that part of Europe, is a plus.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 10:36:18 AM
[...]
As soon as I'm done setting up this website I'll get on that.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 10:39:39 AM
Based on the feedback I've read here, I'm tempted by these Man O' War Immortals.
I think they are a nice cigar.  "Newness" charge of $40 is pushing the limit of value.  Definitely worth trying.
Not an "Uncut" but definitely better than the premium Diesels of late.
I'll buy a single from the Hamburg store on May 1st.  I can wait.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 10:42:16 AM
We dug into the La Historias, too. Theyre going to be very good cigars, but they need more time in the humidor than the three weeks they've had. Flashes of brilliance, interspersed with flashes of ammonia. I'm gonna let them rest for a few months.
Have you tried the MF La Antiguedad?  I feel like they are similar cigars.  Then again, my palate is hopeless.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 10:44:38 AM
Based on the feedback I've read here, I'm tempted by these Man O' War Immortals.
I think they are a nice cigar.  "Newness" charge of $40 is pushing the limit of value.  Definitely worth trying.
Not an "Uncut" but definitely better than the premium Diesels of late.
I'll buy a single from the Hamburg store on May 1st.  I can wait.
Always gotta buy two, maybe three for a proper assessment.  Need at least three to properly validate the process (it's in the SOP).
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 10:47:10 AM
We dug into the La Historias, too. Theyre going to be very good cigars, but they need more time in the humidor than the three weeks they've had. Flashes of brilliance, interspersed with flashes of ammonia. I'm gonna let them rest for a few months.
Have you tried the MF La Antiguedad?  I feel like they are similar cigars.  Then again, my palate is hopeless.
Haven't. Haven't heard enough good press from you guys yet to convince me to buy some. Guess I should.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 10:47:24 AM
We dug into the La Historias, too. Theyre going to be very good cigars, but they need more time in the humidor than the three weeks they've had. Flashes of brilliance, interspersed with flashes of ammonia. I'm gonna let them rest for a few months.
Have you tried the MF La Antiguedad?  I feel like they are similar cigars.  Then again, my palate is hopeless.
No, you are hopeless, your palate isn't bad.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 10:49:30 AM
Based on the feedback I've read here, I'm tempted by these Man O' War Immortals.
I think they are a nice cigar.  "Newness" charge of $40 is pushing the limit of value.  Definitely worth trying.
Not an "Uncut" but definitely better than the premium Diesels of late.
I'll buy a single from the Hamburg store on May 1st.  I can wait.
Always gotta buy two, maybe three for a proper assessment.  Need at least three to properly validate the process (it's in the SOP).
I agree with that.  But I usually take the shortcut and only buy two.  Smoke them a couple of months apart.  If they both suck, it stops there.  But I'm on another buying hiatus right now.  Have to pay for the CF tickets next and then we'll see.  Not like I don't have enough to smoke.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 10:50:25 AM
We dug into the La Historias, too. Theyre going to be very good cigars, but they need more time in the humidor than the three weeks they've had. Flashes of brilliance, interspersed with flashes of ammonia. I'm gonna let them rest for a few months.
Have you tried the MF La Antiguedad?  I feel like they are similar cigars.  Then again, my palate is hopeless.
No, you are hopeless, your palate isn't bad.
Tomaytoe, tamahtoe.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 10:51:32 AM
We dug into the La Historias, too. Theyre going to be very good cigars, but they need more time in the humidor than the three weeks they've had. Flashes of brilliance, interspersed with flashes of ammonia. I'm gonna let them rest for a few months.
Interesting, I've been through two boxes and haven't had any of them present at "green" with that ammonia issue.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 11:10:22 AM
Looks like Dave broke the banter again talking about cigars.  The nerve!  And where the fuck is Shaun with the lunch menu?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 11:13:08 AM
Looks like Dave broke the banter again talking about cigars.  The nerve!  And where the fuck is Shaun with the lunch menu?
Ohh hai!

Wednesday
$3 meal option-1
        Soup Chili
        Salad Bar
$5 meal option-2 combination of any/all of the following:
        Soup
        Salad Bar
        Made to order deli sandwich
        Roast Beef and Cheddar on a Pretzel Bun
   Chicken Alfredo Casserole
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 11:14:01 AM
We dug into the La Historias, too. Theyre going to be very good cigars, but they need more time in the humidor than the three weeks they've had. Flashes of brilliance, interspersed with flashes of ammonia. I'm gonna let them rest for a few months.
Interesting, I've been through two boxes and haven't had any of them present at "green" with that ammonia issue.
I thought it was just me, then Dan (the skinny guy in the picture sitting by the humidor) made the same observation.

But it was definitely there, just enough to be annoying because the cigar was really trying to be great. So I'm thinking they just need a little more time.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 11:18:36 AM
Looks like Dave broke the banter again talking about cigars.  The nerve!  And where the fuck is Shaun with the lunch menu?
Ohh hai!

Wednesday
$3 meal option-1
        Soup Chili
        Salad Bar
$5 meal option-2 combination of any/all of the following:
        Soup
        Salad Bar
        Made to order deli sandwich
        Roast Beef and Cheddar on a Pretzel Bun
   Chicken Alfredo Casserole
My vote is for chili and a deli sammich.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 11:19:51 AM
Looks like Dave broke the banter again talking about cigars.  The nerve!  And where the fuck is Shaun with the lunch menu?
Ohh hai!

Wednesday
$3 meal option-1
        Soup Chili
        Salad Bar
$5 meal option-2 combination of any/all of the following:
        Soup
        Salad Bar
        Made to order deli sandwich
        Roast Beef and Cheddar on a Pretzel Bun
   Chicken Alfredo Casserole
My vote is for chili and a deli sammich.
The Roast Beef sandwich will be a game time decision - chili sounds good!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 11:21:48 AM
We dug into the La Historias, too. Theyre going to be very good cigars, but they need more time in the humidor than the three weeks they've had. Flashes of brilliance, interspersed with flashes of ammonia. I'm gonna let them rest for a few months.
Interesting, I've been through two boxes and haven't had any of them present at "green" with that ammonia issue.
I thought it was just me, then Dan (the skinny guy in the picture sitting by the humidor) made the same observation.

But it was definitely there, just enough to be annoying because the cigar was really trying to be great. So I'm thinking they just need a little more time.
The banter definitely works.  I smoked a La Historia but all this talk is making me want to revisit it again, sooner than later.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 11:34:34 AM
We dug into the La Historias, too. Theyre going to be very good cigars, but they need more time in the humidor than the three weeks they've had. Flashes of brilliance, interspersed with flashes of ammonia. I'm gonna let them rest for a few months.
Interesting, I've been through two boxes and haven't had any of them present at "green" with that ammonia issue.
I thought it was just me, then Dan (the skinny guy in the picture sitting by the humidor) made the same observation.

But it was definitely there, just enough to be annoying because the cigar was really trying to be great. So I'm thinking they just need a little more time.
The banter definitely works.  I smoked a La Historia but all this talk is making me want to revisit it again, sooner than later.
The banter definitely works.  I've had chili but all this talk is making me want to revisit it again, like, now.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 11:35:54 AM
[...]

LOL!  I just checked our menu and may have to settle for Low Sodium Cream Of Mushroom Soup instead.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 11:44:05 AM
[...]

Seriously, single-malt Scotch always does this to me.  I wake up in the morning with a sour stomach and an insatiable craving for greasy food.  Three chicken legs from the convenience store this morning, and I'm headed back momentarily for egg rolls.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 11:44:43 AM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 11:51:49 AM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Oh my God, look what the cat dragged in.

Hey, I smoked a Camacho a week or so ago that was a gift from you, I think.  Muchas gracias, hermano.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 11:54:13 AM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Steve!  Great to see you man.  Just in time for the lunch lull.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 28, 2015, 11:56:29 AM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Try to help prop up the banter while everyone eats lunch, would ya?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 11:58:52 AM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Oh my God, look what the cat dragged in.

Hey, I smoked a Camacho a week or so ago that was a gift from you, I think.  Muchas gracias, hermano.

Hey, Bret. Can't take the credit for that one. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it though.

I hope everything is healing up well for you.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 12:01:14 PM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Steve!  Great to see you man.  Just in time for the lunch lull.

I know, right. Only time I could jump on the carousel though.

btw, Is New England still closed for the winter storm?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 12:04:48 PM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Try to help prop up the banter while everyone eats lunch, would ya?

I'll try. How are you and the Warden?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 12:08:40 PM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Oh my God, look what the cat dragged in.

Hey, I smoked a Camacho a week or so ago that was a gift from you, I think.  Muchas gracias, hermano.

Hey, Bret. Can't take the credit for that one. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it though.

I hope everything is healing up well for you.
Huh, thought it was you.  My memory is shot.  Well, it was a great little cigar.

More physical therapy today.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 28, 2015, 12:13:12 PM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Try to help prop up the banter while everyone eats lunch, would ya?

I'll try. How are you and the Warden?
Everything good, just trying to figure out when we're going to grocery shop this week, since cable guy is coming tomorrow morning. Haha.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 12:13:47 PM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Oh my God, look what the cat dragged in.

Hey, I smoked a Camacho a week or so ago that was a gift from you, I think.  Muchas gracias, hermano.

Hey, Bret. Can't take the credit for that one. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it though.

I hope everything is healing up well for you.
Huh, thought it was you.  My memory is shot.  Well, it was a great little cigar.

More physical therapy today.

It's all good. I do enjoy the Camacho's myself, and would have gladly shared.  ;)

Have you been playing any on your down time?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 12:15:14 PM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Try to help prop up the banter while everyone eats lunch, would ya?

I'll try. How are you and the Warden?
Everything good, just trying to figure out when we're going to grocery shop this week, since cable guy is coming tomorrow morning. Haha.

"I hope it's not a girl... or a guy."
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 28, 2015, 12:17:25 PM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Try to help prop up the banter while everyone eats lunch, would ya?

I'll try. How are you and the Warden?
Everything good, just trying to figure out when we're going to grocery shop this week, since cable guy is coming tomorrow morning. Haha.

"I hope it's not a girl... or a guy."
Bro!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 12:18:43 PM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
STEVE!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 12:23:37 PM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
STEVE!

Shaun! How goes it in the great white north... lemme guess, fukin cold. Actually, pretty damn chilly here the past few days. Back up near the 60's by tomorrow. Yay!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 12:25:20 PM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
STEVE!

Shaun! How goes it in the great white north... lemme guess, fukin cold. Actually, pretty damn chilly here the past few days. Back up near the 60's by tomorrow. Yay!
No complaints lately - no snow on the ground and only used the snowblower for 10-15min all winter :)  Should be getting cold here in a few days, couldn't last forever ;)  How have you been?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 12:26:12 PM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
Oh my God, look what the cat dragged in.

Hey, I smoked a Camacho a week or so ago that was a gift from you, I think.  Muchas gracias, hermano.

Hey, Bret. Can't take the credit for that one. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it though.

I hope everything is healing up well for you.
Huh, thought it was you.  My memory is shot.  Well, it was a great little cigar.

More physical therapy today.

It's all good. I do enjoy the Camacho's myself, and would have gladly shared.  ;)

Have you been playing any on your down time?
Some.  Mostly writing.  Getting together with the band this weekend at the lake house.

My 14-year-old son decided to avail himself of my guitars while I was laid up.  Kid's been playing piano since he was 7, drums since he was 9, baritone sax since he was 11.  But he'd never been interested in my guitars.  Then he runs across a video on YouTube of Paul McCartney playing "Blackbird".  He grabs one of my acoustic guitars, and goes after it.  Took him two days - Two fuckin' days  - and he had the song down.  Took me months to get functional on a guitar when I was 13.  Took him two days.  Now, a good guitarist will tell you it's not that complicated a piece.  It's not as tricky to play as, say, SRV's "Pride and Joy."  But to start from nuthin', not even "Stairway to Heaven" and go right to "Blackbird"?  Fuhgeddaboudit.

How come our kids get more talent than we do?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 12:31:46 PM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
STEVE!

Shaun! How goes it in the great white north... lemme guess, fukin cold. Actually, pretty damn chilly here the past few days. Back up near the 60's by tomorrow. Yay!
No complaints lately - no snow on the ground and only used the snowblower for 10-15min all winter :)  Should be getting cold here in a few days, couldn't last forever ;)  How have you been?

Feel like I've been caught in a tornado the past couple months, but finally feels like I can take a breath... Just hope it lasts a minute or two.

You still filling up that humi with Pete's Johnson?  ;)
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 12:37:53 PM
Homecoming?  Glad you could stop in Steve.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 12:41:02 PM
[...]

Ha. I thought this story was going in the direction of "he picked up my most expensive guitar". Sounds like the boy has a good ear. Once he gets the chord shapes down, it's just a matter of picking the notes out.

Great song! Love playing those plucky melodies on acoustic.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 12:44:43 PM
Homecoming?  Glad you could stop in Steve.

Hey, Dave. Hear you're gonna be in Athens enjoying the local cigar shop you joined. Heh.

What's the name, btw?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 12:59:50 PM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
STEVE!

Shaun! How goes it in the great white north... lemme guess, fukin cold. Actually, pretty damn chilly here the past few days. Back up near the 60's by tomorrow. Yay!
No complaints lately - no snow on the ground and only used the snowblower for 10-15min all winter :)  Should be getting cold here in a few days, couldn't last forever ;)  How have you been?

Feel like I've been caught in a tornado the past couple months, but finally feels like I can take a breath... Just hope it lasts a minute or two.

You still filling up that humi with Pete's Johnson?  ;)
I will get to see his older brother in 7 days, already have a countdown calendar made ;)  Pete's Johnson, My Fathers, Cubans, etc :)
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 01:04:57 PM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
STEVE!

Shaun! How goes it in the great white north... lemme guess, fukin cold. Actually, pretty damn chilly here the past few days. Back up near the 60's by tomorrow. Yay!
No complaints lately - no snow on the ground and only used the snowblower for 10-15min all winter :)  Should be getting cold here in a few days, couldn't last forever ;)  How have you been?

Feel like I've been caught in a tornado the past couple months, but finally feels like I can take a breath... Just hope it lasts a minute or two.

You still filling up that humi with Pete's Johnson?  ;)
I will get to see his older brother in 7 days, already have a countdown calendar made ;)  Pete's Johnson, My Fathers, Cubans, etc :)

Stalker!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 01:06:39 PM
My 14-year-old son decided to avail himself of my guitars while I was laid up.  Kid's been playing piano since he was 7, drums since he was 9, baritone sax since he was 11.  But he'd never been interested in my guitars.  Then he runs across a video on YouTube of Paul McCartney playing "Blackbird".  He grabs one of my acoustic guitars, and goes after it.  Took him two days - Two fuckin' days  - and he had the song down.  Took me months to get functional on a guitar when I was 13.  Took him two days.  Now, a good guitarist will tell you it's not that complicated a piece.  It's not as tricky to play as, say, SRV's "Pride and Joy."  But to start from nuthin', not even "Stairway to Heaven" and go right to "Blackbird"?  Fuhgeddaboudit.

How come our kids get more talent than we do?
I've got to hear that now.  Love that tune.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 01:07:08 PM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
STEVE!

Shaun! How goes it in the great white north... lemme guess, fukin cold. Actually, pretty damn chilly here the past few days. Back up near the 60's by tomorrow. Yay!
No complaints lately - no snow on the ground and only used the snowblower for 10-15min all winter :)  Should be getting cold here in a few days, couldn't last forever ;)  How have you been?

Feel like I've been caught in a tornado the past couple months, but finally feels like I can take a breath... Just hope it lasts a minute or two.

You still filling up that humi with Pete's Johnson?  ;)
I will get to see his older brother in 7 days, already have a countdown calendar made ;)  Pete's Johnson, My Fathers, Cubans, etc :)

Had a CG Black this past Sunday... great as always. My last jar though.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 01:08:38 PM
Afternoon, Fellas. Long time no Banter. Hope everyone is doing well.
STEVE!

Shaun! How goes it in the great white north... lemme guess, fukin cold. Actually, pretty damn chilly here the past few days. Back up near the 60's by tomorrow. Yay!
No complaints lately - no snow on the ground and only used the snowblower for 10-15min all winter :)  Should be getting cold here in a few days, couldn't last forever ;)  How have you been?

Feel like I've been caught in a tornado the past couple months, but finally feels like I can take a breath... Just hope it lasts a minute or two.

You still filling up that humi with Pete's Johnson?  ;)
I will get to see his older brother in 7 days, already have a countdown calendar made ;)  Pete's Johnson, My Fathers, Cubans, etc :)

Had a CG Black this past Sunday... great as always. My last jar though.
Famous had them for $130 a few weeks back - couldn't resist.  That was my last one tho, I swear!  ;)
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 01:13:20 PM
My 14-year-old son decided to avail himself of my guitars while I was laid up.  Kid's been playing piano since he was 7, drums since he was 9, baritone sax since he was 11.  But he'd never been interested in my guitars.  Then he runs across a video on YouTube of Paul McCartney playing "Blackbird".  He grabs one of my acoustic guitars, and goes after it.  Took him two days - Two fuckin' days  - and he had the song down.  Took me months to get functional on a guitar when I was 13.  Took him two days.  Now, a good guitarist will tell you it's not that complicated a piece.  It's not as tricky to play as, say, SRV's "Pride and Joy."  But to start from nuthin', not even "Stairway to Heaven" and go right to "Blackbird"?  Fuhgeddaboudit.

How come our kids get more talent than we do?
I've got to hear that now.  Love that tune.
I'm on my third version of it.  Help, I'm in a youtube rabbit hole!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 01:13:44 PM
[...]

Ha. Nice. $130 w/catsrule?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 01:22:04 PM
[...]

They look to be out of stock there anyway. Found some at the biz earlier, but they were 160 with their discount.
I'll keep window shopping for awhile. May pick up a box of Skull Breakers.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 01:30:15 PM
[...]

OK, I got my fill for now.  Must have heard 7 versions.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 01:31:23 PM
[...]

There was a $40 off $150 promo code I had that I used
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
[...]

Can't go wrong with those, my favorite surrogates blend.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 01:32:32 PM
[...]

wtf. You lookin for the Timbaland remix?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 01:39:08 PM
[...]

Looked at a few sheets of Amanda by Boston... tricky little piece.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 01:47:37 PM
[...]

Mine as well. Took some experimenting. Tried the Stamps, Crackers, and Crushers as well.

All good, but the SB's seem to work best for me.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 01:51:19 PM
[...]

I need to ask NJDave about the Namakubi Ecuador's. Really like the regular line, and these are supposed to be a 'bolder' version. He was right on, imo, with the Avion's/Fausto, so I'm interested to see his opinion on these.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 01:53:59 PM
[...]

You may need to up the dosage of your medication.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 01:54:28 PM
[...]

You're gonna make me google Timbaland ?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: flip from jersey on January 28, 2015, 01:57:12 PM
[...]

You can do it!  Hello boys..
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 01:57:31 PM
[...]

I figured you were already in the know, so yeah.  ;D
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 01:57:39 PM
[...]

I can't afford the co-payment.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 01:58:25 PM
[...]

Flip, you familiar with this Timbaland fella?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 01:59:56 PM
Afternoon meeting. See if I can find my way back after awhile.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: flip from jersey on January 28, 2015, 02:02:03 PM
[...]

no, too recent, only rap I do at Karaoke is Young M.C. & Tone Loc....
 ::)
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 02:02:29 PM
[...]

You're kids may know. CG may as well.

HINT: He's a pa-du-sa
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 02:02:43 PM
Afternoon meeting. See if I can find my way back after awhile.
Don't be a stranger, Steve.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 28, 2015, 02:04:02 PM
[...]

Ha. The classics... Hi/Bye, Flip
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 02:05:10 PM
[...]

I think I was finally getting what you were talking about until you gave me a hint.  Fortunately, I stopped giving a shit several posts ago.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 02:09:40 PM
[...]

I've never really liked that song. I can play most of the first album, with an almost passable turn on the keys for "Foreplay".

"Cool the Engines" was the only song that really interested me off Third Stage.  That album really disappointed me.

When I really dug into Tom Scholz, I was amazed at how much he gets away with.  "Foreplay" was what first cued me to it - he loses track of the riffs about four times.  But then I dug into the various layers of guitar and found more occurrences.  This is not an indictment - Jimmy Page under scrutiny reveals a lot of double-track camouflage, and even the only man who's a bigger perfectionist than Tom Scholz - Eric Johnson - buries things.  That these guys' fingers couldn't always keep up with their visions says more about their musical visions than their fingers.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 28, 2015, 02:21:04 PM
Fuggin' work, sheesh! Got real busy there for a spell, but time to punch out. Don't forget to pre-register for CF tix by tonight. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 02:21:14 PM
[...]

One last thing on Blackbird... I was just listening to a podcast while "working" and bantering and they referenced and played a piece of it.  Ironic, no?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 02:22:01 PM
Fuggin' work, sheesh! Got real busy there for a spell, but time to punch out. Don't forget to pre-register for CF tix by tonight. Hazzuh!
Be good, Dave.  See ya on Friday.  Good luck with the new TV service.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 02:22:22 PM
[...]

Actually I was rather disappointed withh the Ecuador.  Amazing that the change of just the wrapper would have such a drastic effect, but it does.  Primarily an earthy presentation...one that I equate with Davidoff.  Mushroomy with not near the spice and fullness of the regular Namakubi.  It's not terrible, but not in my profile.  With that I always suggest that you give one or two a try, you may have a different perspective than me.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 02:25:14 PM
[...]

Go with Dragonforce (the Milli-Vanilli) of electric guitars.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 02:34:29 PM
[...]

Ewwwww.  Ick.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 03:21:06 PM
Damn Raz, you really fucked it up this time.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 03:21:13 PM
But they made it on to Guitar Hero! ....lol
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 03:28:48 PM
But they made it on to Guitar Hero! ....lol
I received Guitar Hero as a gift about 4 years ago and still haven't tried it.  Looks like fun though.  I HAVE NEXT!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 03:59:29 PM
But they made it on to Guitar Hero! ....lol
I received Guitar Hero as a gift about 4 years ago and still haven't tried it.  Looks like fun though.  I HAVE NEXT!
Just a tad behind the times...
Do you have an Xbox to play it on?
.......just askin'
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 04:00:46 PM
Draggin' a little over the hump today, don't think we'll make 25 today.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 04:01:02 PM
But they made it on to Guitar Hero! ....lol
I received Guitar Hero as a gift about 4 years ago and still haven't tried it.  Looks like fun though.  I HAVE NEXT!
Just a tad behind the times...
Do you have an Xbox to play it on?
.......just askin'
I saw a bunch of folks discussing it on Myspace.  By the way, I have a Wii.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 04:03:56 PM
Damn Raz, you really fucked it up this time.
It's because I had to leave for physical therapy. Which turned out to be mostly one long calf massage.

Cue laugh track for the ensuing hilarity.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 04:04:56 PM
But they made it on to Guitar Hero! ....lol
I received Guitar Hero as a gift about 4 years ago and still haven't tried it.  Looks like fun though.  I HAVE NEXT!
Just a tad behind the times...
Do you have an Xbox to play it on?
.......just askin'
I saw a bunch of folks discussing it on Myspace.  By the way, I have a Wii.
Yea, you seem like a Wii kinda guy.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 04:05:11 PM
Draggin' a little over the hump today, don't think we'll make 25 today.
The thing about all those games is that if you can really play the instrument, you'll suck at the game.
But they made it on to Guitar Hero! ....lol
I received Guitar Hero as a gift about 4 years ago and still haven't tried it.  Looks like fun though.  I HAVE NEXT!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 04:05:56 PM
Draggin' a little over the hump today, don't think we'll make 25 today.
Maybe I'll post whore myself over 2000 today.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 04:06:14 PM
Damn Raz, you really fucked it up this time.
It's because I had to leave for physical therapy. Which turned out to be mostly one long calf massage.

Cue laugh track for the ensuing hilarity.
Can just hear Raz thinking....a little higher, a little higher.....to the left, to the left.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 04:07:00 PM
Draggin' a little over the hump today, don't think we'll make 25 today.
Maybe I'll post whore myself over 2000 today.
That would be some serious PT for sure.  Might have some carpal tunnel to worry about.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 04:07:29 PM
Damn Raz, you really fucked it up this time.
It's because I had to leave for physical therapy. Which turned out to be mostly one long calf massage.

Cue laugh track for the ensuing hilarity.
Can just hear Raz thinking....a little higher, a little higher.....to the left, to the left.
(To the right. Was the left leg injured)
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: sfish on January 28, 2015, 04:07:33 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 04:09:33 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
SCOTTY!!!!!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 04:11:13 PM
Draggin' a little over the hump today, don't think we'll make 25 today.
The thing about all those games is that if you can really play the instrument, you'll suck at the game.
But they made it on to Guitar Hero! ....lol
I received Guitar Hero as a gift about 4 years ago and still haven't tried it.  Looks like fun though.  I HAVE NEXT!
Supposedly, there is a game now that exists where you actually have to play 6 strings.  Don't ask me what that's called.  It sounds intriguing though.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 04:12:16 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
Awesome.  Wondering if and hoping you'd check in.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 04:13:06 PM
Draggin' a little over the hump today, don't think we'll make 25 today.
Maybe I'll post whore myself over 2000 today.
That would be some serious PT for sure.  Might have some carpal tunnel to worry about.
Fuckin work today - need to get to 7,500!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: sfish on January 28, 2015, 04:13:13 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
SCOTTY!!!!!
Hi Shaun, friggin amazing what these guys can do and send you walking out in short order. He said it went perfectly
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 04:18:20 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
SCOTTY!!!!!
Hi Shaun, friggin amazing what these guys can do and send you walking out in short order. He said it went perfectly
That's code for you were completely knocked out and he was able to drop a digit on you.  Is your ass sore?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 04:19:14 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
SCOTTY!!!!!
Hi Shaun, friggin amazing what these guys can do and send you walking out in short order. He said it went perfectly
Great news to hear, glad everything went well!!!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: sfish on January 28, 2015, 04:21:18 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
SCOTTY!!!!!
Hi Shaun, friggin amazing what these guys can do and send you walking out in short order. He said it went perfectly
That's code for you were completely knocked out and he was able to drop a digit on you.  Is your ass sore?
No, he was Asian so it was no big deal
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 04:23:24 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
Must be the painkillers.  He's all aggressive and shit.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: sfish on January 28, 2015, 04:24:15 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
SCOTTY!!!!!
Hi Shaun, friggin amazing what these guys can do and send you walking out in short order. He said it went perfectly
Great news to hear, glad everything went well!!!
Thanks Shaun, my recovery would really be accelerated if I was to receive an exotic wood cigar rest in the mail! 😄
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 04:24:30 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
SCOTTY!!!!!
Hi Shaun, friggin amazing what these guys can do and send you walking out in short order. He said it went perfectly
That's code for you were completely knocked out and he was able to drop a digit on you.  Is your ass sore?
Well, he did say that the friggin' was amazing.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 04:28:03 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
SCOTTY!!!!!
Hi Shaun, friggin amazing what these guys can do and send you walking out in short order. He said it went perfectly
That's code for you were completely knocked out and he was able to drop a digit on you.  Is your ass sore?
No, he was Asian so it was no big deal
Always helps - god invented the little guys for a reason!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 04:28:50 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
SCOTTY!!!!!
Hi Shaun, friggin amazing what these guys can do and send you walking out in short order. He said it went perfectly
Great news to hear, glad everything went well!!!
Thanks Shaun, my recovery would really be accelerated if I was to receive an exotic wood cigar rest in the mail! 😄
A box of Behikes should help too right?  You still at 123 GFY Dr?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: sfish on January 28, 2015, 04:33:31 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
SCOTTY!!!!!
Hi Shaun, friggin amazing what these guys can do and send you walking out in short order. He said it went perfectly
Great news to hear, glad everything went well!!!
Thanks Shaun, my recovery would really be accelerated if I was to receive an exotic wood cigar rest in the mail! 😄
A box of Behikes should help too right?  You still at 123 GFY Dr?
LALTS because it hurt
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 04:39:39 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
SCOTTY!!!!!
Hi Shaun, friggin amazing what these guys can do and send you walking out in short order. He said it went perfectly
That's code for you were completely knocked out and he was able to drop a digit on you.  Is your ass sore?
No, he was Asian so it was no big deal
LOL!  Your wife's fingers are thicker?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 05:22:21 PM
What?  You were offended?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 28, 2015, 05:24:03 PM
Later gents, time to get the ol skates sharpened!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 05:28:29 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 05:29:04 PM
Later gents, time to get the ol skates sharpened!
See yuz, Yeller.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: sfish on January 28, 2015, 05:31:48 PM
What?  You were offended?
Was eating, had to fast for the surgery. I feel like a hundred dollars
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 05:32:04 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
Don't shake it, ride it as long as you can. Hope you enjoy a couple of days of TLC!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 05:32:19 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
Too late.  I'm leaving and I'm taking all my marbles with me.  Later.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 05:32:39 PM
Has there ever been a cigar sampler that wasn't an utter ripoff?  Just got the Cuban Lou's promo e-mail advertising this:

***
Winter Sampler Pack Promotion - LAST CALL !!
We have LESS than 12 Sampler packs available. These packs are one of a kind and will not be available any other time.

This pack contains FIVE (5) cigars each of the follwing vitolas. You will get 25 total cigars in the pack

Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robustos
Montecristo Edmundo
Montecristo No.2
Partagas Serie D No.4
Quintero Londres Extra

SPECIAL PRICE: 225.00 USD
***

By my calculations, on a per-stick basis, this is about $65.00 overpriced.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 05:33:21 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
Too late.  I'm leaving and I'm taking all my marbles with me.  Later.
Like you had any marbles left.  The wife keeps them in the fridge next to your balls.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 05:34:04 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
SCOTTY!!!!!
Hi Shaun, friggin amazing what these guys can do and send you walking out in short order. He said it went perfectly
Of course he did.  When was the last time you heard of a Dr. saying...... Sorry man, really screwed that one up!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 05:34:45 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
Don't shake it, ride it as long as you can. Hope you enjoy a couple of days of TLC!
Now wait...mixed messages.  Do you want him to be high, or lucky?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: sfish on January 28, 2015, 05:34:50 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
I'm sound as a pound, wish I could have a drink though
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 05:35:46 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
I'm sound as a pound, wish I could have a drink though
Somebody get the man some prune juice.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 05:37:00 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
Have a healthy touch of whiskey.... that'll send him back up.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 05:38:53 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
Don't shake it, ride it as long as you can. Hope you enjoy a couple of days of TLC!
Now wait...mixed messages.  Do you want him to be high, or lucky?
Are they mutually exclusive?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 05:40:01 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
Don't shake it, ride it as long as you can. Hope you enjoy a couple of days of TLC!
Now wait...mixed messages.  Do you want him to be high, or lucky?
Are they mutually exclusive?
At his age?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on January 28, 2015, 05:44:15 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
Don't shake it, ride it as long as you can. Hope you enjoy a couple of days of TLC!
Now wait...mixed messages.  Do you want him to be high, or lucky?
Are they mutually exclusive?
At his age?
What's age gotta do with it?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on January 28, 2015, 05:54:01 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
I'm sound as a pound, wish I could have a drink though
Get your "plumbing" worked on?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 06:30:20 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
I'm sound as a pound, wish I could have a drink though
Get your "plumbing" worked on?
No, back, but he's probably behaving with other current meds.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 06:31:07 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
Don't shake it, ride it as long as you can. Hope you enjoy a couple of days of TLC!
Now wait...mixed messages.  Do you want him to be high, or lucky?
Are they mutually exclusive?
At his age?
What's age gotta do with it?
Yea!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 06:35:56 PM
Good thoughts for Biebfish under the knife today.
Indeed.  I texted him yesterday and he was very nice in his reply.  I interpreted that as he's scared of having any bad juju before the procedure.
GFY! I'm home bitches! Trying to shake the last of this anesthesia
Don't shake it, ride it as long as you can. Hope you enjoy a couple of days of TLC!
Now wait...mixed messages.  Do you want him to be high, or lucky?
Are they mutually exclusive?
At his age?
What's age gotta do with it?
Yea!
How long either one lasts.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 28, 2015, 06:47:20 PM
Afternoon gents.   Good to see fish recovered and still.purple.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 06:55:41 PM
Afternoon gents.   Good to see fish recovered and still.purple.
Howdy, Tex.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 07:15:03 PM
Damn, this afternoon is dragging something fierce.  Falling asleep at my desk.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 28, 2015, 08:02:42 PM
Now the long freaking commute. But at least I'll be heading out to smoke more Cubans and drink Blue Label.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: sfish on January 28, 2015, 08:14:14 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
I'm sound as a pound, wish I could have a drink though
Get your "plumbing" worked on?
No, back, but he's probably behaving with other current meds.
Cant drink for 24 hours after surgery due to the anesthesia. I'm up and walking around like normal just can't bend for 2 weeks. About a 1" incision that is glue-sutured closed so no stitches
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 08:17:18 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
I'm sound as a pound, wish I could have a drink though
Get your "plumbing" worked on?
No, back, but he's probably behaving with other current meds.
Cant drink for 24 hours after surgery due to the anesthesia. I'm up and walking around like normal just can't bend for 2 weeks. About a 1" incision that is glue-sutured closed so no stitches
Interesting.  I always hated the idea of going back to get stitches or staples removed.  I'll drink something on your behalf tonight.  Just walked in the door though and have to figure out dinner first.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: YAD on January 28, 2015, 08:58:19 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
I'm sound as a pound, wish I could have a drink though
Get your "plumbing" worked on?
No, back, but he's probably behaving with other current meds.
Cant drink for 24 hours after surgery due to the anesthesia. I'm up and walking around like normal just can't bend for 2 weeks. About a 1" incision that is glue-sutured closed so no stitches
Good to hear you're doing well, fish.  Take care of your back and yourself and do what the doc says.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: sfish on January 28, 2015, 09:00:55 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
I'm sound as a pound, wish I could have a drink though
Get your "plumbing" worked on?
No, back, but he's probably behaving with other current meds.
Cant drink for 24 hours after surgery due to the anesthesia. I'm up and walking around like normal just can't bend for 2 weeks. About a 1" incision that is glue-sutured closed so no stitches
Good to hear you're doing well, fish.  Take care of your back and yourself and do what the doc says.
Thanks Dave, I always follow their instructions to the letter, want to get healed-up as soon as possible
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: sfish on January 28, 2015, 09:02:20 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
I'm sound as a pound, wish I could have a drink though
Get your "plumbing" worked on?
No, back, but he's probably behaving with other current meds.
Cant drink for 24 hours after surgery due to the anesthesia. I'm up and walking around like normal just can't bend for 2 weeks. About a 1" incision that is glue-sutured closed so no stitches
Interesting.  I always hated the idea of going back to get stitches or staples removed.  I'll drink something on your behalf tonight.  Just walked in the door though and have to figure out dinner first.
Just a thought Tony, maybe you could start planning dinners a day in advance!
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: YAD on January 28, 2015, 09:04:06 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
I'm sound as a pound, wish I could have a drink though
Get your "plumbing" worked on?
No, back, but he's probably behaving with other current meds.
Cant drink for 24 hours after surgery due to the anesthesia. I'm up and walking around like normal just can't bend for 2 weeks. About a 1" incision that is glue-sutured closed so no stitches
Good to hear you're doing well, fish.  Take care of your back and yourself and do what the doc says.
Thanks Dave, I always follow their instructions to the letter, want to get healed-up as soon as possible
Indeed.  Glad to hear you say that.  Oh yeah.  Better Brady gripping your balls than that other guy in the locker room.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on January 28, 2015, 09:23:54 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
I'm sound as a pound, wish I could have a drink though
Get your "plumbing" worked on?
No, back, but he's probably behaving with other current meds.
Cant drink for 24 hours after surgery due to the anesthesia. I'm up and walking around like normal just can't bend for 2 weeks. About a 1" incision that is glue-sutured closed so no stitches
Interesting.  I always hated the idea of going back to get stitches or staples removed.  I'll drink something on your behalf tonight.  Just walked in the door though and have to figure out dinner first.
Just a thought Tony, maybe you could start planning dinners a day in advance!
That would take all the fun out of it.
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 09:55:41 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
I'm sound as a pound, wish I could have a drink though
Get your "plumbing" worked on?
No, back, but he's probably behaving with other current meds.
Cant drink for 24 hours after surgery due to the anesthesia. I'm up and walking around like normal just can't bend for 2 weeks. About a 1" incision that is glue-sutured closed so no stitches
Interesting.  I always hated the idea of going back to get stitches or staples removed.  I'll drink something on your behalf tonight.  Just walked in the door though and have to figure out dinner first.
Just a thought Tony, maybe you could start planning dinners a day in advance!
Where's your sense of adventure?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 10:29:44 PM
I'm ready for that libation now, Scott.  What did you want me to drink?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: sfish on January 28, 2015, 10:47:34 PM
I'm ready for that libation now, Scott.  What did you want me to drink?
Your own urine
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: sfish on January 28, 2015, 10:48:23 PM
I'm ready for that libation now, Scott.  What did you want me to drink?
Your own urine
Hahaha, I wanted a scotch in the worst way
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 10:56:14 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
I'm sound as a pound, wish I could have a drink though
Get your "plumbing" worked on?
No, back, but he's probably behaving with other current meds.
Cant drink for 24 hours after surgery due to the anesthesia. I'm up and walking around like normal just can't bend for 2 weeks. About a 1" incision that is glue-sutured closed so no stitches
Is the glue purple by any chance?
Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 28, 2015, 11:28:34 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
I'm sound as a pound, wish I could have a drink though
Get your "plumbing" worked on?
No, back, but he's probably behaving with other current meds.
Cant drink for 24 hours after surgery due to the anesthesia. I'm up and walking around like normal just can't bend for 2 weeks. About a 1" incision that is glue-sutured closed so no stitches
Is the glue purple by any chance?
Only until it dries...

Title: Re: 1/28/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 28, 2015, 11:39:14 PM
What?  You were offended?
Looks like he couldn't shake the last of that anesthesia.  It was a spirited effort, though.
I'm sound as a pound, wish I could have a drink though
Get your "plumbing" worked on?
No, back, but he's probably behaving with other current meds.
Cant drink for 24 hours after surgery due to the anesthesia. I'm up and walking around like normal just can't bend for 2 weeks. About a 1" incision that is glue-sutured closed so no stitches
Is the glue purple by any chance?
Only until it dries and then it's clear...

(http://www.Google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://elmers.com/images/default-source/product-catalog-images/e546-jpg.tmb-thumb500.jpg%253FStatus%253DMaster%2526sfvrsn%253D7&imgrefurl=http://elmers.com/product/detail/E546&h=500&w=500&tbnid=EDbOfUf_vWkl3M:&zoom=1&q=elmer%27s+glue+goes+on+purple&docid=7lCarN1afPfUUM&itg=1&ei=g7bJVObgF4isyATWnoKwCQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CC4QMygRMBE)
Actually I'm being serious.  The one I'm thinking about stays purple.  I used to have responsibility for quality oversight of it when I was at Ethicon.