CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 03, 2015, 12:00:02 AM

Title: 1/3/2015
Post by: CigarBanter on January 03, 2015, 12:00:02 AM
Wonder if there are any cigar deals on the various internet sites that will help us get through the weekend? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Be warned, post on this site and you will catch hell from members and trolls alike.  Therefore, don't proceed if you have thin skin.  If you can accept all that, light a cigar, pour a beverage and welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: IrascibleOldFool on January 03, 2015, 12:26:12 AM
Good morning everyone!
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 01:28:20 AM
Good morning everyone!
Morning, Bob.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Johnny on January 03, 2015, 02:17:16 AM
Shit, I forgot Chip is off today, so probably won't see him for a couple of hours.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 02:24:14 AM
Shit, I forgot Chip is off today, so probably won't see him for a couple of hours.
Hiya, Johnny!  How's thangs?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Johnny on January 03, 2015, 02:26:40 AM
Shit, I forgot Chip is off today, so probably won't see him for a couple of hours.
Hiya, Johnny!  How's thangs?
Howdy Bret, just trying to get things together in my head, glad tou are feeling better.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 02:28:52 AM
Shit, I forgot Chip is off today, so probably won't see him for a couple of hours.
Hiya, Johnny!  How's thangs?
Howdy Bret, just trying to get things together in my head, glad tou are feeling better.
I hear ya.  Same here, trying to get things together in my head, as well as the leg.  Gonna send you a PM.  Will come through momentarily.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Johnny on January 03, 2015, 02:36:39 AM
Shit, I forgot Chip is off today, so probably won't see him for a couple of hours.
Hiya, Johnny!  How's thangs?
Howdy Bret, just trying to get things together in my head, glad tou are feeling better.
I hear ya.  Same here, trying to get things together in my head, as well as the leg.  Gonna send you a PM.  Will come through momentarily.
replied.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 02:41:55 AM
Shit, I forgot Chip is off today, so probably won't see him for a couple of hours.
Hiya, Johnny!  How's thangs?
Howdy Bret, just trying to get things together in my head, glad tou are feeling better.
I hear ya.  Same here, trying to get things together in my head, as well as the leg.  Gonna send you a PM.  Will come through momentarily.
replied.
And one backatcha.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Johnny on January 03, 2015, 02:48:32 AM
Shit, I forgot Chip is off today, so probably won't see him for a couple of hours.
Hiya, Johnny!  How's thangs?
Howdy Bret, just trying to get things together in my head, glad tou are feeling better.
I hear ya.  Same here, trying to get things together in my head, as well as the leg.  Gonna send you a PM.  Will come through momentarily.
replied.
And one backatcha.
Yeah done now, gonna get in the bed, G'nite buddy.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 02:52:47 AM
Shit, I forgot Chip is off today, so probably won't see him for a couple of hours.
Hiya, Johnny!  How's thangs?
Howdy Bret, just trying to get things together in my head, glad tou are feeling better.
I hear ya.  Same here, trying to get things together in my head, as well as the leg.  Gonna send you a PM.  Will come through momentarily.
replied.
And one backatcha.
Yeah done now, gonna get in the bed, G'nite buddy.
G'night, Johnny.  Thanks.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 04:37:35 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 04:56:34 AM
Today is Saturday, Jan. 3, the third day of 2015. There are 362 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 04:57:15 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On Jan. 3, 1961, President Dwight D. Eisenhower announced that the United States had terminated diplomatic relations with Cuba, after the Havana government said it was limiting the number of U.S. Embassy and Consulate personnel allowed in the country.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 04:58:42 AM
On this date:
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 04:59:16 AM
In 1521, Martin Luther was excommunicated from the Roman Catholic Church by Pope Leo X.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 04:59:53 AM
In 1777, Gen. George Washington's army routed the British in the Battle of Princeton, New Jersey.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 05:00:31 AM
In 1870, groundbreaking took place for the Brooklyn Bridge.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 05:00:59 AM
In 1911, the first postal savings banks were opened by the U.S. Post Office. (The banks were abolished in 1966.)
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 05:01:40 AM
In 1938, the March of Dimes campaign to fight polio was established by President Franklin D. Roosevelt, who himself had been afflicted with the crippling disease.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 05:02:08 AM
In 1949, in a pair of rulings, the U.S. Supreme Court said that states had the right to ban closed shops.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 05:02:32 AM
In 1959, Alaska became the 49th state as President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed a proclamation.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 05:03:22 AM

In 1967, Jack Ruby, the man who shot and killed accused presidential assassin Lee Harvey Oswald, died in a Dallas hospital.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 05:03:46 AM
In 1975, the original version of the TV game show "Jeopardy!," hosted by Art Fleming, ended its nearly 11-year run on NBC.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 05:04:18 AM
In 1980, conservationist Joy Adamson, author of "Born Free," was killed in northern Kenya by a former employee.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 05:04:55 AM
In 1990, ousted Panamanian leader Manuel Noriega surrendered to U.S. forces, 10 days after taking refuge in the Vatican's diplomatic mission.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 05:05:19 AM
In 2000, the last new daily "Peanuts" strip by Charles Schulz ran in 2,600 newspapers.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 05:05:46 AM
Ten years ago: President George W. Bush tapped his father, former President George H.W. Bush, and former President Bill Clinton to help raise tsunami relief funds. Will Eisner, the artist who'd revolutionized comic books and helped pioneer the graphic novel, died in Lauderdale Lakes, Florida, at age 87. The third-ranked Auburn Tigers limped to a 16-13 victory over No. 9 Virginia Tech in the Sugar Bowl. Craig Ferguson took over as host of "The Late Late Show" on CBS-TV.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 05:06:20 AM
Five years ago: The U.S. closed its embassy in Yemen, citing ongoing threats by the al-Qaida branch linked to the failed Christmas Day bombing attempt of a U.S. airliner headed to Detroit; Britain also shuttered its embassy. A Rutgers University doctoral student breached security at Newark Liberty Airport to kiss his girlfriend goodbye, prompting a six-hour shutdown. (Haisong Jiang (hy-song gee-ong) later pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor, and was fined.)
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 05:06:50 AM
One year ago: The secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court ruled again that the National Security Agency could keep collecting every American's telephone records every day. Phil Everly, who with his brother Don formed an influential harmony duo, died in Burbank, California, at age 74. Oscar-winning movie producer Saul Zaentz (zantz), 92, died in San Francisco. No. 12 Clemson rallied to beat No. 7 Ohio State 40-35 in the Orange Bowl.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 05:07:15 AM
Today's Birthdays: Record producer Sir George Martin is 89. Actor Robert Loggia is 85. Actor Dabney Coleman is 83. Journalist-author Betty Rollin is 79. Hockey Hall-of-Famer Bobby Hull is 76. Singer-songwriter-producer Van Dyke Parks is 72. Musician Stephen Stills is 70. Rock musician John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) is 69. Actress Victoria Principal is 65. Actor-director Mel Gibson is 59. Actress Shannon Sturges is 47. Jazz musician James Carter is 46. Contemporary Christian singer Nichole Nordeman is 43. Musician Thomas Bangalter (Daft Punk) is 40. Actor Jason Marsden is 40. Actress Danica McKellar is 40. Actor Nicholas Gonzalez is 39. Singer Kimberley Locke ("American Idol") is 37. NFL quarterback Eli Manning is 34. Actress Nicole Beharie (TV: "Sleepy Hollow" Film: "42") is 30. Pop musician Mark Pontius (Foster the People) is 30. Rhythm-and-blues singer Lloyd is 29. Pop-rock musician Nash Overstreet (Hot Chelle (shel) Rae) is 29. Actor Alex D. Linz is 26.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 05:08:04 AM
Thought for Today: "The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't." — Henry Ward Beecher, American clergyman (1813-1887).

Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 05:08:56 AM
Healthier
-------------------------

Two old guys were sitting in the park, talking, when the
subject turned to getting older. The first guy said, "Women
have all the luck when it comes to  getting older."

"What do you mean?" asked the second guy.

"Well," replied  the first. "I can barely remember the last
time I was able to get it up in  bed, but my wife is
healthier than ever!"

"Healthier? How is that?" his  buddy wondered.

"Well, years ago, when we were younger, almost every night
before bed she'd get these terrible headaches." he answered.

"Now that we're  older, she hasn't had a headache in years."
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 05:28:12 AM

Re: 1/2/2015
« Reply #273 on: January 02, 2015, 06:42:28 PM »
Elly May Clampett was a Louisiana girl from down in Chip's part of the world
Spent some time about ten miles from where I live and she was actually a relative.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2015, 05:58:20 AM
Morning Chip.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 05:59:33 AM
Good morning Chip and Dave.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 06:04:39 AM

Re: 1/2/2015
« Reply #273 on: January 02, 2015, 06:42:28 PM »
Elly May Clampett was a Louisiana girl from down in Chip's part of the world
Spent some time about ten miles from where I live and she was actually a relative.
She sure was a looker in the day.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 06:19:26 AM
Good morning Chip and Dave.
Good morning Dave and Dean.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:29:45 AM
Kuba Kuba Morning LSU, Golf & Dean.  I am playing slacker this morning.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 06:33:35 AM
Kuba Kuba Morning LSU, Golf & Dean.  I am playing slacker this morning.
Fine with me, it is Saturday right?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:36:49 AM

Re: 1/2/2015
« Reply #273 on: January 02, 2015, 06:42:28 PM »
Elly May Clampett was a Louisiana girl from down in Chip's part of the world
Spent some time about ten miles from where I live and she was actually a relative.
She sure was a looker in the day.
About 10 years older than I would have guessed.  Just read she died of cancer in Baton Rouge guess she moved back down there at some point.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:37:20 AM
Kuba Kuba Morning LSU, Golf & Dean.  I am playing slacker this morning.
Fine with me, it is Saturday right?
That would be correct.  How was the ham steak?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 06:39:29 AM
Kuba Kuba Morning LSU, Golf & Dean.  I am playing slacker this morning.
Good morning Native.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 06:41:02 AM

Re: 1/2/2015
« Reply #273 on: January 02, 2015, 06:42:28 PM »
Elly May Clampett was a Louisiana girl from down in Chip's part of the world
Spent some time about ten miles from where I live and she was actually a relative.
She sure was a looker in the day.
About 10 years older than I would have guessed.  Just read she died of cancer in Baton Rouge guess she moved back down there at some point.
I can't think of any place I would rather be than home when my final day comes.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:46:37 AM
Country Music Legend Little Jimmy Dickens Dies at 94

Oldest member of the Grand Ole Opry, only 4'11" tall thus the nickname "Little"
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:47:28 AM

Re: 1/2/2015
« Reply #273 on: January 02, 2015, 06:42:28 PM »
Elly May Clampett was a Louisiana girl from down in Chip's part of the world
Spent some time about ten miles from where I live and she was actually a relative.
She sure was a looker in the day.
About 10 years older than I would have guessed.  Just read she died of cancer in Baton Rouge guess she moved back down there at some point.
I can't think of any place I would rather be than home when my final day comes.
Amen
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 06:48:48 AM
Kuba Kuba Morning LSU, Golf & Dean.  I am playing slacker this morning.
Fine with me, it is Saturday right?
That would be correct.  How was the ham steak?
Very good. Invited a lady friend over and she was running a bit slow showing up so just before the ham was done I wrapped it in foil, put it on the warming rack, and had one burner on low on the grill. The scalloped potatoes stayed hot in the microwave. Everything was great. We ate, talked until 9pm, had donuts for dessert, packed her a plate to take with her, and she left to get some rest.
:(
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 06:58:37 AM
Short Run '13 robust and coffee here.
68° heading for high 70's. Heading out soon to buy chairs, table, and lighting for the screen room.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 07:00:38 AM
Full moon tomorrow!
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 07:06:16 AM
Short Run '13 robust and coffee here.
68° heading for high 70's. Heading out soon to buy chairs, table, and lighting for the screen room.
Clear and 62 here this afternoon then back down cold tomorrow.  Crazy weather here but it is January when we usually have our worst weather.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 07:06:37 AM
Full moon tomorrow!
Beware of the crazy's!
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 07:20:15 AM
The crazies need to beware of me.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 07:21:21 AM
The crazies need to beware of me.
I am trying to decide which group I belong in. :)
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 07:22:58 AM
Trying Tapatalk here but where's the quote button? Only have the quick reply.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 07:25:09 AM
Trying Tapatalk here but where's the quote button? Only have the quick reply.
Think I found it.(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/215b3c4aa349850a661877ed1398caff.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 07:28:52 AM
Trying Tapatalk here but where's the quote button? Only have the quick reply.
Think I found it.(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/215b3c4aa349850a661877ed1398caff.jpg)
Pretty sky!
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 07:29:22 AM
Works better on the new phone than the old one.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 07:30:34 AM
Trying Tapatalk here but where's the quote button? Only have the quick reply.
I need to try it on my phone, for whatever reason the banter does not work very well on it most of the time.  Works fine on my iPad but not on my Galaxy S5 phone.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 07:31:05 AM
Trying Tapatalk here but where's the quote button? Only have the quick reply.
Think I found it.(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/215b3c4aa349850a661877ed1398caff.jpg)
Pretty sky!
Sunrise reflectio, in the clouds.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 07:31:59 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 07:33:14 AM
Trying Tapatalk here but where's the quote button? Only have the quick reply.
I need to try it on my phone, for whatever reason the banter does not work very well on it most of the time.  Works fine on my iPad but not on my Galaxy S5 phone.
I can't get autofit to work in my browser's so I thought I'd try Tapatalk.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2015, 07:37:15 AM
Trying Tapatalk here but where's the quote button? Only have the quick reply.
Think I found it.(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/215b3c4aa349850a661877ed1398caff.jpg)
Looks nice.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 07:37:53 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 07:39:14 AM
Time to do some shopping. Later guys.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 07:40:05 AM
Time to do some shopping. Later guys.
Enjoy
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 07:46:59 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
What you got up for the day off Chip?  We are continuing a serious crap reduction mission in our house.  Warden has been stuffing mostly worthless papers in a big 4-drawer file cabinet in my office closet  for years and I finally got enough so while son was home got him to help me load it on a Dolly and drag the bastard out in the middle of the den floor forcing her to clean it out.  Not moving it till it all fits in one drawer.  I swear it weighs several hundred pounds.  Told her if it was not cleaned out by Sunday I am putting the whole son-of-a-bitch out for the trash.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 08:07:08 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
What you got up for the day off Chip?  We are continuing a serious crap reduction mission in our house.  Warden has been stuffing mostly worthless papers in a big 4-drawer file cabinet in my office closet  for years and I finally got enough so while son was home got him to help me load it on a Dolly and drag the bastard out in the middle of the den floor forcing her to clean it out.  Not moving it till it all fits in one drawer.  I swear it weighs several hundred pounds.  Told her if it was not cleaned out by Sunday I am putting the whole son-of-a-bitch out for the trash.
Your wife sounds like my wife, she got that genetic gene from her father, junk catalogues, shoes and clothes, I swear she still has clothes from our high school days.   The children got her parents a new tv for Christmas so my daughter and I got stuck booking it up which meant cleaning out the cabinets below the tv to plug it in, all kinds of useless junk in there but my jaw dropped at the huge box of silver quarters and silver dimes that were almost to heavy to move.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 08:08:50 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
What you got up for the day off Chip?  We are continuing a serious crap reduction mission in our house.  Warden has been stuffing mostly worthless papers in a big 4-drawer file cabinet in my office closet  for years and I finally got enough so while son was home got him to help me load it on a Dolly and drag the bastard out in the middle of the den floor forcing her to clean it out.  Not moving it till it all fits in one drawer.  I swear it weighs several hundred pounds.  Told her if it was not cleaned out by Sunday I am putting the whole son-of-a-bitch out for the trash.
Its grandchldren day for us and it looks like we will all sit around and watch it rain all day.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 08:14:15 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
What you got up for the day off Chip?  We are continuing a serious crap reduction mission in our house.  Warden has been stuffing mostly worthless papers in a big 4-drawer file cabinet in my office closet  for years and I finally got enough so while son was home got him to help me load it on a Dolly and drag the bastard out in the middle of the den floor forcing her to clean it out.  Not moving it till it all fits in one drawer.  I swear it weighs several hundred pounds.  Told her if it was not cleaned out by Sunday I am putting the whole son-of-a-bitch out for the trash.
Its grandchldren day for us and it looks like we will all sit around and watch it rain all day.
Yeah looks like our past two days weather are reaching you now.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2015, 08:15:19 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
He's here, just watching Archer on Netflix on my phone.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 08:16:54 AM
Sheesh, Joe and the Sister both trying to unload $5 Kuba Turds.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 08:17:45 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
He's here, just watching Archer on Netflix on my phone.
LOL, just so you are slacking not working :)
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2015, 08:19:33 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
He's here, just watching Archer on Netflix on my phone.
LOL, just so you are slacking not working :)
Hey, I can't help it if it's slow on a Saturday morning. ;)
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 08:24:30 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
He's here, just watching Archer on Netflix on my phone.
LOL, just so you are slacking not working :)
Hey, I can't help it if it's slow on a Saturday morning. ;)
I agree!  I been slacking for 3 months because they did not budget enough travel money for me to do my job and I been withering away in an office.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2015, 08:29:25 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Dean.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 08:37:36 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Dean.
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 08:39:06 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Dean.
Good morning Dave.
Morning Dave.  Did you make the end of the OK State game?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2015, 09:15:54 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Dean.
Good morning Dave.
Morning Dave.  Did you make the end of the OK State game?
Yes I did, entertaining game... why I'm wandering in a bit late today.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2015, 09:20:19 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
What you got up for the day off Chip?  We are continuing a serious crap reduction mission in our house.  Warden has been stuffing mostly worthless papers in a big 4-drawer file cabinet in my office closet  for years and I finally got enough so while son was home got him to help me load it on a Dolly and drag the bastard out in the middle of the den floor forcing her to clean it out.  Not moving it till it all fits in one drawer.  I swear it weighs several hundred pounds.  Told her if it was not cleaned out by Sunday I am putting the whole son-of-a-bitch out for the trash.
Its grandchldren day for us and it looks like we will all sit around and watch it rain all day.
Yeah looks like our past two days weather are reaching you now.
We're getting it too.  Rain to start shortly getting heavy by the evening.... rain but in the upper 60's tomorrow (one day only).
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 09:24:52 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Dean.
Good morning Dave.
Morning Dave.  Did you make the end of the OK State game?
Yes I did, entertaining game... why I'm wandering in a bit late today.
I went to sleep earlier then a thunderstorm woke me up at the beginning of the 4th qtr with the tv still on so watched the last qtr.  ridiculously late game.

I thought yesterday's games were the best other than New Year's Day games.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2015, 09:28:19 AM

Re: 1/2/2015
« Reply #273 on: January 02, 2015, 06:42:28 PM »
Elly May Clampett was a Louisiana girl from down in Chip's part of the world
Spent some time about ten miles from where I live and she was actually a relative.
She sure was a looker in the day.
Indeed!
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2015, 09:30:32 AM
Kuba Kuba Morning LSU, Golf & Dean.  I am playing slacker this morning.
BD is going to be excited when he rolls in.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2015, 09:35:22 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
He's here, just watching Archer on Netflix on my phone.
LOL, just so you are slacking not working :)
Hey, I can't help it if it's slow on a Saturday morning. ;)
I agree!  I been slacking for 3 months because they did not budget enough travel money for me to do my job and I been withering away in an office.
Yea, me too!.....lol
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2015, 09:37:44 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Dean.
Good morning Dave.
Morning Dave.  Did you make the end of the OK State game?
Yes I did, entertaining game... why I'm wandering in a bit late today.
I went to sleep earlier then a thunderstorm woke me up at the beginning of the 4th qtr with the tv still on so watched the last qtr.  ridiculously late game.

I thought yesterday's games were the best other than New Year's Day games.
Well, the Clemson game was pretty damn good.... oh, I guess not competitiveness wise...... Ohio State/Bama was very entertaining as well.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 09:42:49 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Dean.
Good morning Dave.
Morning Dave.  Did you make the end of the OK State game?
Yes I did, entertaining game... why I'm wandering in a bit late today.
I went to sleep earlier then a thunderstorm woke me up at the beginning of the 4th qtr with the tv still on so watched the last qtr.  ridiculously late game.

I thought yesterday's games were the best other than New Year's Day games.
Well, the Clemson game was pretty damn good.... oh, I guess not competitiveness wise...... Ohio State/Bama was very entertaining as well.
I was strictly referring to entertainment value and great rallies.  And there were some good ones on New Years Day including Bama (strictly based on competitive play not who won!) and the Baylor game was good, again though not because who won. IMHO
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2015, 09:44:09 AM
Good morning, Saturday crew.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 09:44:22 AM
Finally after 3 days of crAp weather the sunshine is showing up.  May go fill the growler with some Bourbon Barrel Stout.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 09:45:27 AM
Good morning, Saturday crew.
Morning Tony.  Still waiting on CG's pass-through posts.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2015, 09:49:45 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
He's here, just watching Archer on Netflix on my phone.
I used to watch it on my old phone.  I think I saw the first 3 seasons.  Funny show.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 09:53:24 AM
Time to get moving around, first up walk the dogs now that the sun is out.  Later all.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2015, 09:55:54 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
He's here, just watching Archer on Netflix on my phone.
I used to watch it on my old phone.  I think I saw the first 3 seasons.  Funny show.
Yeah it is. Finishing up the first 3 seasons now, 2 more to go before the new one starts next week, I think.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2015, 09:57:06 AM
Good morning, Saturday crew.
Morning Tony.  Still waiting on CG's pass-through posts.
Oh good, I didn't miss anything.  :)
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2015, 09:58:57 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
He's here, just watching Archer on Netflix on my phone.
I used to watch it on my old phone.  I think I saw the first 3 seasons.  Funny show.
Yeah it is. Finishing up the first 3 seasons now, 2 more to go before the new one starts next week, I think.
I didn't realize it was on Netflix.  I'll have to resume.  Wasn't the organization that they were against also called Is-Is?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 03, 2015, 09:59:16 AM
Good morning, Saturday crew.
Good morning Tony.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2015, 10:00:32 AM
I'm guessing Shaun is ice fishing and we're not getting 6 posts from him today.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2015, 10:01:04 AM
Good morning, Saturday crew.
Good morning Tony.
Howdy, Chip.  Have the grandkids gotten there yet?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2015, 10:04:07 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
He's here, just watching Archer on Netflix on my phone.
I used to watch it on my old phone.  I think I saw the first 3 seasons.  Funny show.
Yeah it is. Finishing up the first 3 seasons now, 2 more to go before the new one starts next week, I think.
I didn't realize it was on Netflix.  I'll have to resume.  Wasn't the organization that they were against also called Is-Is?
It's the organization they're in, Isis. I read they're changing that this year, for obvious reasons.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2015, 10:06:13 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
He's here, just watching Archer on Netflix on my phone.
I used to watch it on my old phone.  I think I saw the first 3 seasons.  Funny show.
Yeah it is. Finishing up the first 3 seasons now, 2 more to go before the new one starts next week, I think.
I didn't realize it was on Netflix.  I'll have to resume.  Wasn't the organization that they were against also called Is-Is?
It's the organization they're in, Isis. I read they're changing that this year, for obvious reasons.
Makes sense.  How did season 3 end?  I might have seen 4 seasons.  I feel like maybe seasons 3 and 4 were shortened?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2015, 10:08:06 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
He's here, just watching Archer on Netflix on my phone.
I used to watch it on my old phone.  I think I saw the first 3 seasons.  Funny show.
Yeah it is. Finishing up the first 3 seasons now, 2 more to go before the new one starts next week, I think.
I didn't realize it was on Netflix.  I'll have to resume.  Wasn't the organization that they were against also called Is-Is?
It's the organization they're in, Isis. I read they're changing that this year, for obvious reasons.
Makes sense.  How did season 3 end?  I might have seen 4 seasons.  I feel like maybe seasons 3 and 4 were shortened?
Still got a couple minues to go, since I'm actually having to work now, but end of season 3 was them up on the space station.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2015, 10:11:10 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
He's here, just watching Archer on Netflix on my phone.
I used to watch it on my old phone.  I think I saw the first 3 seasons.  Funny show.
Yeah it is. Finishing up the first 3 seasons now, 2 more to go before the new one starts next week, I think.
I didn't realize it was on Netflix.  I'll have to resume.  Wasn't the organization that they were against also called Is-Is?
It's the organization they're in, Isis. I read they're changing that this year, for obvious reasons.
Makes sense.  How did season 3 end?  I might have seen 4 seasons.  I feel like maybe seasons 3 and 4 were shortened?
I'm just not remembering it because it's been so long.  The finale of season three was titled Space Race 2?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2015, 10:14:28 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
He's here, just watching Archer on Netflix on my phone.
I used to watch it on my old phone.  I think I saw the first 3 seasons.  Funny show.
Yeah it is. Finishing up the first 3 seasons now, 2 more to go before the new one starts next week, I think.
I didn't realize it was on Netflix.  I'll have to resume.  Wasn't the organization that they were against also called Is-Is?
It's the organization they're in, Isis. I read they're changing that this year, for obvious reasons.
Makes sense.  How did season 3 end?  I might have seen 4 seasons.  I feel like maybe seasons 3 and 4 were shortened?
Still got a couple minues to go, since I'm actually having to work now, but end of season 3 was them up on the space station.
So it appears I saw the first 5 seasons, although I don't really remember them.  But that was a really long time ago.  So what season is starting up in a few weeks?  It's gotta be at least season 7?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2015, 10:15:44 AM
[...]
No, season 6 starts next week.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2015, 10:16:03 AM
Golf must have some serious work adherence going on.
Maybe he got the day off.
He's here, just watching Archer on Netflix on my phone.
I used to watch it on my old phone.  I think I saw the first 3 seasons.  Funny show.
Yeah it is. Finishing up the first 3 seasons now, 2 more to go before the new one starts next week, I think.
I didn't realize it was on Netflix.  I'll have to resume.  Wasn't the organization that they were against also called Is-Is?
It's the organization they're in, Isis. I read they're changing that this year, for obvious reasons.
Makes sense.  How did season 3 end?  I might have seen 4 seasons.  I feel like maybe seasons 3 and 4 were shortened?
I'm just not remembering it because it's been so long.  The finally of season three was titled Space Race 2?
Yes, that's the one I'm on right now.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2015, 10:17:20 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2015, 11:08:43 AM
[...]
Then they must have taken a really long hiatus because it appears I'm up to speed and I haven't watched the show in a really long time.  Feels like two years.  Whatever.  Good to know I can revisit on Netflix.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2015, 11:11:03 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Had to go make the kiddies something to eat.  Hi Dave.  What's in store for the next two days?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 11:12:08 AM
[...]
Also good to know you have no long term or short term memory deficiencies since you can't remember if it was a long time ago or recently.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 11:17:48 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Had to go make the kiddies something to eat.  Hi Dave.  What's in store for the next two days?
Go fill the growler and eat pizza at Pinthouse for lunch then just work around the house for the rest of the weekend.  Hoping for cigar and beer weather opportunity this afternoon.  Got to get all the Christmas put away.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 11:18:54 AM
How is wife's tonsillitis today Tony?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2015, 11:20:03 AM
[...]
LMAO!  I'm in serious trouble.  Not sure if it's the Alzheimer's that runs in the family or the partying I did in my youth.  I'm fucked either way.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2015, 11:21:03 AM
How is wife's tonsillitis today Tony?
She's feeling a bit better because of the antibiotics.  Thanks.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 11:25:07 AM
[...]
No Alzheimer's in family but way too much partying in my youth and well beyond so at least I know why i am fuct.  Strawberry Hill plays a significant role.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2015, 11:27:09 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Had to go make the kiddies something to eat.  Hi Dave.  What's in store for the next two days?
Go fill the growler and eat pizza at Pinthouse for lunch then just work around the house for the rest of the weekend.  Hoping for cigar and beer weather opportunity this afternoon.  Got to get all the Christmas put away.
I'm gonna wait till next weekend for that.   The wife bitches if I attempt to do it before Three Kings Day.  Well, she's gonna bitch either way but that's a whole nuther story.  Hopefully it'll be colder and with some precipitation to make the experience complete.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 11:31:31 AM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Had to go make the kiddies something to eat.  Hi Dave.  What's in store for the next two days?
Go fill the growler and eat pizza at Pinthouse for lunch then just work around the house for the rest of the weekend.  Hoping for cigar and beer weather opportunity this afternoon.  Got to get all the Christmas put away.
I'm gonna wait till next weekend for that.   The wife bitches if I attempt to do it before Three Kings Day.  Well, she's gonna bitch either way but that's a whole nuther story.  Hopefully it'll be colder and with some precipitation to make the experience complete.
Hah yeah I know about the bitching so might as well do it before and after. :)
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 11:37:07 AM
Two things on my side are the warden likes the craft beers herself and her father always smoked cigars so she thinks that is just what men are supposed to do..... ;)
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 03, 2015, 11:53:48 AM
Good morning Tony, TR, Dave (s), and Chip...
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 11:54:56 AM
Good morning Tony, TR, Dave (s), and Chip...
Kuba Kuba Dad
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 03, 2015, 12:01:29 PM
Good morning Tony, TR, Dave (s), and Chip...
Kuba Kuba Dad
That reminds me, I received a package earlier that I haven't open yet...  Mmm, I wonder what cigars are in there...?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2015, 12:04:34 PM
Two things on my side are the warden likes the craft beers herself and her father always smoked cigars so she thinks that is just what men are supposed to do..... ;)
That's not too bad at all.  Unfortunately, my Cuban FIL didn't smoke cigars.  WTF?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2015, 12:05:21 PM
Good morning Tony, TR, Dave (s), and Chip...
Good day to you, BD.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2015, 12:05:56 PM
Two things on my side are the warden likes the craft beers herself and her father always smoked cigars so she thinks that is just what men are supposed to do..... ;)
That's not too bad at all.  Unfortunately, my Cuban FIL didn't smoke cigars.  WTF?
That's like having an Irish relative that doesn't drink. It just ain't right.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2015, 12:08:13 PM
My wife had two groupons that expire today and she's not feeling well so it looks like I'm going to the mall with the kids.  The good news is that I go back to work on Monday.  With any luck I'll die before then.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 03, 2015, 12:13:23 PM
Two things on my side are the warden likes the craft beers herself and her father always smoked cigars so she thinks that is just what men are supposed to do..... ;)
That's not too bad at all.  Unfortunately, my Cuban FIL didn't smoke cigars.  WTF?
My wife likes an occasional beer herself, so beer wasn't a problem.  Actually she prefers Crown Royal so whiskey isn't a problem either.  I didn't buy my first cigar and humidor until 2011.  I brought up the fact that I knew she was smoking behind my back for who knows how many years, and she's never said one thing about cigars.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 03, 2015, 12:14:21 PM
Good morning Tony, TR, Dave (s), and Chip...
Good day to you, BD.
Good morning TR and Tony.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 03, 2015, 12:14:41 PM
Ahh snow.  Now everything is right with the world.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 03, 2015, 12:19:06 PM
Two things on my side are the warden likes the craft beers herself and her father always smoked cigars so she thinks that is just what men are supposed to do..... ;)
That's not too bad at all.  Unfortunately, my Cuban FIL didn't smoke cigars.  WTF?
That's like having an Irish relative that doesn't drink. It just ain't right.
My father-in-law was Irish and he didn't drink.  Except for the bottle he had hidden in the trunk of his car.  I guess that would have made him a tailgater. :)
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 03, 2015, 12:23:27 PM
And the box I received for CI contained Undercrown Gran Toro's (5-pack), for $24.99.  I guess that's not too bad of a price from Joe's Daily Deal.  I think they were around $26.99 on the Monster.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 03, 2015, 12:28:06 PM
In 1521, Martin Luther was excommunicated from the Roman Catholic Church by Pope Leo X.
The same thing almost happened to my wife in 1972..!  I guess the Monsignor must have been bluffing. I haven't seen my wife's photo on any Catholic Reward Posters.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 03, 2015, 12:30:03 PM
In 2000, the last new daily "Peanuts" strip by Charles Schulz ran in 2,600 newspapers.
I believe Clifford the Big Red Dog died the other day too...?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 03, 2015, 12:38:19 PM
Trying Tapatalk here but where's the quote button? Only have the quick reply.
Think I found it.(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/215b3c4aa349850a661877ed1398caff.jpg)
Pretty sky!
Great photo.  It's cloudy and raining here.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 03, 2015, 12:42:33 PM
I think I'll do some chores.  Breakfast dishes, bird maintenance, and file my newly received cigars into the humidor.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2015, 01:47:18 PM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Had to go make the kiddies something to eat.  Hi Dave.  What's in store for the next two days?
Nothing much.  Have to get the boy packed up and shipped back to school on Monday.  Also need to start thinking about getting into the office on Monday.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2015, 01:48:55 PM
Two things on my side are the warden likes the craft beers herself and her father always smoked cigars so she thinks that is just what men are supposed to do..... ;)
That's not too bad at all.  Unfortunately, my Cuban FIL didn't smoke cigars.  WTF?
No wonder they kicked him out.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2015, 01:50:37 PM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Had to go make the kiddies something to eat.  Hi Dave.  What's in store for the next two days?
Nothing much.  Have to get the boy packed up and shipped back to school on Monday.  Also need to start thinking about getting into the office on Monday.
Don't think too hard about it.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2015, 01:50:56 PM
Ahh snow.  Now everything is right with the world.
After a 70 degree day tomorrow, the whole rest of the week is supposed to be in the 20s and 30s....snow with some accumulation on Tuesday.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2015, 01:52:05 PM
Morning Mr. Mayor.
Had to go make the kiddies something to eat.  Hi Dave.  What's in store for the next two days?
Nothing much.  Have to get the boy packed up and shipped back to school on Monday.  Also need to start thinking about getting into the office on Monday.
Don't think too hard about it.
Rarely do, but still need to get up and remember my way in.  Plus I'll have two weeks of emails to catch up on that I refused to look at.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2015, 01:52:29 PM
Yellow Star never bothered checking in?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2015, 02:10:11 PM
Yellow Star never bothered checking in?
Think he's frozen to a lake somewhere.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 03, 2015, 02:18:06 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 02:48:32 PM
My wife had two groupons that expire today and she's not feeling well so it looks like I'm going to the mall with the kids.  The good news is that I go back to work on Monday.  With any luck I'll die before then.
LMFAO
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 02:53:14 PM
Ahh snow.  Now everything is right with the world.
After a 70 degree day tomorrow, the whole rest of the week is supposed to be in the 20s and 30s....snow with some accumulation on Tuesday.
Sunny, 55 and rising here now.  Just got back from pizza and getting growler filled with 10.5% ABV Jaguar Stout.  Got to select my first 2015 cigar then hit the patio in about 30 minutes, should be about 60 degrees by then.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 02:57:35 PM
Yellow Star never bothered checking in?
Found him I think.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 03, 2015, 03:05:50 PM
Yellow Star never bothered checking in?
Found him I think.
Yellow and everything.... that's him.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 03:48:08 PM
Yellow Star never bothered checking in?
Found him I think.
Yellow and everything.... that's him.
No Doubt
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 03:58:22 PM
Afternoon, muchachos.  Therapy starts today. I have exercises to resume, I have to start winding down the Oxy, and I have to survey all the medical bills. It's also FAFSA day. Fun times. Fortunately, I can do a lot of it with a cigar.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 03:58:24 PM
1st Cigar for 2015 Lighting Underway

Music:   UB 40
Drink:   Pinthouse Jaguar Shark Bourbon Barrel Aged Stout  10.5% ABV
Weather:  60 degrees wind less than 5 MPH. Sunny
Lighter:   Harbor Freight Tools Mini Torch
Cut:   V-Cut
Cigar:   MURCIELAGO - Toro
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 03:59:33 PM
Afternoon, muchachos.  Therapy starts today. I have exercises to resume, I have to start winding down the Oxy, and I have to survey all the medical bills. It's also FAFSA day. Fun times. Fortunately, I can do a lot of it with a cigar.
Afternoon Amigo Raz.   Good Mexican girl daily blowjob is all the therapy you need
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 04:13:00 PM
Afternoon, muchachos.  Therapy starts today. I have exercises to resume, I have to start winding down the Oxy, and I have to survey all the medical bills. It's also FAFSA day. Fun times. Fortunately, I can do a lot of it with a cigar.
Afternoon Amigo Raz.   Good Mexican girl daily blowjob is all the therapy you need
Well yeah, but the warden would object.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 04:15:38 PM
Afternoon, muchachos.  Therapy starts today. I have exercises to resume, I have to start winding down the Oxy, and I have to survey all the medical bills. It's also FAFSA day. Fun times. Fortunately, I can do a lot of it with a cigar.
Afternoon Amigo Raz.   Good Mexican girl daily blowjob is all the therapy you need
Well yeah, but the warden would object.
Send her some roses and tell her it was the drugs......  Just like the politicians get away wit it.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 04:17:26 PM
MURCIELAGO is really a good cigar.  Fabulous value.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 04:25:36 PM
Screenroom setup except a lounger.
Saint Luis Rey serie G toro and water.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 04:26:06 PM
Afternoon, muchachos.  Therapy starts today. I have exercises to resume, I have to start winding down the Oxy, and I have to survey all the medical bills. It's also FAFSA day. Fun times. Fortunately, I can do a lot of it with a cigar.
Afternoon Amigo Raz.   Good Mexican girl daily blowjob is all the therapy you need
Well yeah, but the warden would object.
Send her some roses and tell her it was the drugs......  Just like the politicians get away wit it.
I know exactly what she'll say to that. "When you make as much as a politician, then you can try that excuse."
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 04:28:30 PM
MURCIELAGO is really a good cigar.  Fabulous value.
I've kicked myself once or twice for not hitting on some of the Murc deals Joe pointed us at. Have yet to try one. Guess I should start looking for a deal.

Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 04:30:28 PM
Screenroom setup except a lounger.
Saint Luis Rey serie G toro and water.
Very nice. That should keep the bugs off.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 04:32:18 PM
Screenroom setup except a lounger.
Saint Luis Rey serie G toro and water.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 04:34:45 PM
Afternoon, muchachos.  Therapy starts today. I have exercises to resume, I have to start winding down the Oxy, and I have to survey all the medical bills. It's also FAFSA day. Fun times. Fortunately, I can do a lot of it with a cigar.
Afternoon Amigo Raz.   Good Mexican girl daily blowjob is all the therapy you need
Well yeah, but the warden would object.
Send her some roses and tell her it was the drugs......  Just like the politicians get away wit it.
I know exactly what she'll say to that. "When you make as much as a politician, then you can try that excuse."
Warden has to gain some tolerance ;D
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 04:38:38 PM
Screenroom setup except a lounger.
Saint Luis Rey serie G toro and water.
Very nice. That should keep the bugs off.
Might as well put in a coffee pot.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 04:40:59 PM
almost all the comforts of home.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 04:43:47 PM
Screenroom setup except a lounger.
Saint Luis Rey serie G toro and water.
Very nice. That should keep the bugs off.
Might as well put in a coffee pot.
I have an insulated coffee pot thermos that I can bring in with me.
:) just need a toilet.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 04:46:55 PM
First class guy all the way, Browns must still be wondering why somebody did not scoop him up before they took him.

Entertainment > Celebrity Buzz
Manziel parties in Miami, after apologizing for partying
By Rebecca Salinas | January 2, 2015 |

Just days after Johnny Manziel apologized for partying, he partied again – twice. Mr. Football was seen in Miami celebrating Lebron James' birthday and chugging champagne poolside with a few buddies.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 04:48:02 PM
Screenroom setup except a lounger.
Saint Luis Rey serie G toro and water.
Very nice. That should keep the bugs off.
Might as well put in a coffee pot.
I have an insulated coffee pot thermos that I can bring in with me.
:) just need a toilet.
That is what you got all those trees and bushes for.  Thermos will do the job.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 04:48:21 PM
Bye the bye, I've decided to return the Front-Line tuckable holster. I like that it's made of heavy leather. But fit on the gun was a little loose, and it doesn't really work as an OWB holster. With the 1911, it's floppy. It was obviously a lot to expect for it to function as both IWB and OWB. But given it doesn't, then its belt loops are too exposed. I've decided to try a Desantis Mad Max, and if that works for me to put in an order for the real thing - a Versa-Max 2. For open or semi-concealed carry, I'm going to pick up an Omega Gunsite.

Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 04:51:00 PM
NY weather where I came from and don't miss:

Here are the weather headlines:

•Snow and then a wintry mix arrives midday Saturday.
•Wind and rain Saturday night.
•50 degree weather Sunday morning.
•Cold and lake effect next week.

After a quiet start to the day Saturday, a new trouble will head our way from the southern and western U.S. this afternoon.

A storm system approaching from the Southern Plains will track into the Ohio Valley Saturday and then into the Great Lakes Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon and evening the storm will then move into Quebec Canada. This type of storm track will bring a wide variety of weather to Central New York this weekend.

The counterclockwise winds around this storm will draw milder, and moisture laden air our way Saturday and Saturday night. As temperatures rise, the precipitation will change its form.

Timing Saturday:
-Snow arrives 12-2pm
-Snow changes to an icy mix 6-9pm
-Icy mix changes to all rain by midnight, and all rain during the day Sunday

As the storm moves just west of us Sunday morning, the southerly winds will drive temperatures up through the 40s, to perhaps into the lower 50s. That will not last long, though.

As the storm makes its way into Canada Sunday, two cold fronts will move through here. The first front will arrive mid-day. That will allow cooler air to blow in on strong southwest winds. Some brief sunshine is possible mid-day before a second cold front arrives; an arctic cold front.

After the arctic front moves through, substantially colder air will blow in on Northwest winds. The temperature Sunday night will drop quickly.

The new arctic air will be with us for most of next week. Temperatures may moderate a little Tuesday but following that the cold will dig its heels in for the last half of the week.

More Lake Effect is likely next week. Some of it will be heavy.

84 degrees here right now!!!
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 04:56:12 PM
[...]

Smart Move!!!
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 04:58:07 PM
Bye the bye, I've decided to return the Front-Line tuckable holster. I like that it's made of heavy leather. But fit on the gun was a little loose, and it doesn't really work as an OWB holster. With the 1911, it's floppy. It was obviously a lot to expect for it to function as both IWB and OWB. But given it doesn't, then its belt loops are too exposed. I've decided to try a Desantis Mad Max, and if that works for me to put in an order for the real thing - a Versa-Max 2. For open or semi-concealed carry, I'm going to pick up an Omega Gunsite.
Fits glock perfect but I don't like it as OWB hangs too low but I always wear IWB anyway which is what I bought it for.  Just like cigars everyone likes um different :)
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 05:00:00 PM
Screenroom setup except a lounger.
Saint Luis Rey serie G toro and water.
Very nice. That should keep the bugs off.
Might as well put in a coffee pot.
I have an insulated coffee pot thermos that I can bring in with me.
:) just need a toilet.
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/e985a307b65f4de15d88905a6540577f.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: sfish on January 03, 2015, 05:00:24 PM
MURCIELAGO is really a good cigar.  Fabulous value.
Love that cigar, pity they're no longer made
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 05:03:48 PM
Bye the bye, I've decided to return the Front-Line tuckable holster. I like that it's made of heavy leather. But fit on the gun was a little loose, and it doesn't really work as an OWB holster. With the 1911, it's floppy. It was obviously a lot to expect for it to function as both IWB and OWB. But given it doesn't, then its belt loops are too exposed. I've decided to try a Desantis Mad Max, and if that works for me to put in an order for the real thing - a Versa-Max 2. For open or semi-concealed carry, I'm going to pick up an Omega Gunsite.
Fits glock perfect but I don't like it as OWB hangs too low but I always wear IWB anyway which is what I bought it for.  Just like cigars everyone likes um different :)
Indeed. And the Front-line is undoubtedly a quality holster.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 05:06:13 PM
Screenroom setup except a lounger.
Saint Luis Rey serie G toro and water.
Very nice. That should keep the bugs off.
Might as well put in a coffee pot.
I have an insulated coffee pot thermos that I can bring in with me.
:) just need a toilet.
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/e985a307b65f4de15d88905a6540577f.jpg)
do they have them in recliners and foot stools?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 05:06:18 PM
MURCIELAGO is really a good cigar.  Fabulous value.
Love that cigar, pity they're no longer made
Oh, hell. Is that the case? Figgers. Just kicked myself twice.

I've heard that the CyBs are also to be discontinued, which is why I stocked up.
No good thing lasts forever, does it?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 05:08:04 PM
Screenroom setup except a lounger.
Saint Luis Rey serie G toro and water.
Very nice. That should keep the bugs off.
Might as well put in a coffee pot.
I have an insulated coffee pot thermos that I can bring in with me.
:) just need a toilet.
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/e985a307b65f4de15d88905a6540577f.jpg)
do they have them in recliners and foot stools?
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/d24bff8f927a0889662f0552e9122199.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on January 03, 2015, 05:10:02 PM
Screenroom setup except a lounger.
Saint Luis Rey serie G toro and water.
Very nice. That should keep the bugs off.
Might as well put in a coffee pot.
I have an insulated coffee pot thermos that I can bring in with me.
:) just need a toilet.
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/e985a307b65f4de15d88905a6540577f.jpg)
do they have them in recliners and foot stools?
Wheels are optional - at least that's what I heard.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 05:12:02 PM
MURCIELAGO is really a good cigar.  Fabulous value.
Love that cigar, pity they're no longer made
Evening Lurk'n Fish
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 05:12:29 PM
Screenroom setup except a lounger.
Saint Luis Rey serie G toro and water.
Very nice. That should keep the bugs off.
Might as well put in a coffee pot.
I have an insulated coffee pot thermos that I can bring in with me.
:) just need a toilet.
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/e985a307b65f4de15d88905a6540577f.jpg)
do they have them in recliners and foot stools?
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/d24bff8f927a0889662f0552e9122199.jpg)
LMFAO
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 05:13:58 PM
MURCIELAGO is really a good cigar.  Fabulous value.
Love that cigar, pity they're no longer made
Oh, hell. Is that the case? Figgers. Just kicked myself twice.

I've heard that the CyBs are also to be discontinued, which is why I stocked up.
No good thing lasts forever, does it?
I heard that but never know so I stocked up at very good close out prices on Murcielago's.  I got a box of Corona CyB's today from Famous on a super $67 Deal
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 03, 2015, 05:16:16 PM
Screenroom setup except a lounger.
Saint Luis Rey serie G toro and water.
Very nice. That should keep the bugs off.
Might as well put in a coffee pot.
I have an insulated coffee pot thermos that I can bring in with me.
:) just need a toilet.
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/e985a307b65f4de15d88905a6540577f.jpg)
do they have them in recliners and foot stools?
(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/d24bff8f927a0889662f0552e9122199.jpg)
well that answers that.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 05:17:54 PM
Bye the bye, I've decided to return the Front-Line tuckable holster. I like that it's made of heavy leather. But fit on the gun was a little loose, and it doesn't really work as an OWB holster. With the 1911, it's floppy. It was obviously a lot to expect for it to function as both IWB and OWB. But given it doesn't, then its belt loops are too exposed. I've decided to try a Desantis Mad Max, and if that works for me to put in an order for the real thing - a Versa-Max 2. For open or semi-concealed carry, I'm going to pick up an Omega Gunsite.
Fits glock perfect but I don't like it as OWB hangs too low but I always wear IWB anyway which is what I bought it for.  Just like cigars everyone likes um different :)
Indeed. And the Front-line is undoubtedly a quality holster.
I wore a full size G-31 to lunch today just under a shirt and warden never noticed it till I got home and asked her.  She don't miss much so I know it was not printing at all and loops were not evident.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on January 03, 2015, 05:18:02 PM
Playoffs?  Playoffs! We're talkin' playoffs?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 05:20:12 PM
Bye the bye, I've decided to return the Front-Line tuckable holster. I like that it's made of heavy leather. But fit on the gun was a little loose, and it doesn't really work as an OWB holster. With the 1911, it's floppy. It was obviously a lot to expect for it to function as both IWB and OWB. But given it doesn't, then its belt loops are too exposed. I've decided to try a Desantis Mad Max, and if that works for me to put in an order for the real thing - a Versa-Max 2. For open or semi-concealed carry, I'm going to pick up an Omega Gunsite.
Fits glock perfect but I don't like it as OWB hangs too low but I always wear IWB anyway which is what I bought it for.  Just like cigars everyone likes um different :)
Indeed. And the Front-line is undoubtedly a quality holster.
I place one loop near my trousers loop and cover the other one with cell phone and virtually not noticeable at all.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 05:20:43 PM
Playoffs?  Playoffs! We're talkin' playoffs?
So what's your point?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 05:20:56 PM
Evening CB
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 05:22:21 PM
MURCIELAGO is really a good cigar.  Fabulous value.
Love that cigar, pity they're no longer made
They were too good for the money so they will re-brand them and raise the price soon.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 05:22:28 PM
MURCIELAGO is really a good cigar.  Fabulous value.
Love that cigar, pity they're no longer made
Oh, hell. Is that the case? Figgers. Just kicked myself twice.

I've heard that the CyBs are also to be discontinued, which is why I stocked up.
No good thing lasts forever, does it?
I heard that but never know so I stocked up at very good close out prices on Murcielago's.  I got a box of Corona CyB's today from Famous on a super $67 Deal
I keep trying to talk myself into another box. Think I'll smoke one here momentarily and see it that kicks me over the edge. But you got me rethinking my holster options and that has distracted me.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 05:23:02 PM
Hope Tony has not gone suicidal at the frik'n Mall.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 05:24:22 PM
MURCIELAGO is really a good cigar.  Fabulous value.
Love that cigar, pity they're no longer made
Oh, hell. Is that the case? Figgers. Just kicked myself twice.

I've heard that the CyBs are also to be discontinued, which is why I stocked up.
No good thing lasts forever, does it?
I heard that but never know so I stocked up at very good close out prices on Murcielago's.  I got a box of Corona CyB's today from Famous on a super $67 Deal
I keep trying to talk myself into another box. Think I'll smoke one here momentarily and see it that kicks me over the edge. But you got me rethinking my holster options and that has distracted me.
Don't listen to me buy what YOU like!  I can only verify Quality not other's personal Preference.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 05:30:56 PM
[...]
When I carry at work, it really needs to be deep conceal, because while it's not illegal or against regulations for me to carry there, it would really make people upset. The loops on the FL are more prominent on me because I'm short and fairly skinny. I can manage to hide them, but I'd be worrying about them - and worrying about them leads to discovery. Fortunately, we have to dress more warmly here than Texans do most of the year, which helps with concealing. But the smaller I can get the footprint of the retainer clips/loops to be, the more likely I'll be able to use a single holster year-round.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 05:30:56 PM
Don't Worry - Be Happy!
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on January 03, 2015, 05:31:33 PM
Evening CB
Evening TR.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 05:32:45 PM
[...]
I am forbidden by law to carry at work and can't even have the empty holster by policy - SUX but then again so does my job. >:(
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 05:33:42 PM
MURCIELAGO is really a good cigar.  Fabulous value.
Love that cigar, pity they're no longer made
Oh, hell. Is that the case? Figgers. Just kicked myself twice.

I've heard that the CyBs are also to be discontinued, which is why I stocked up.
No good thing lasts forever, does it?
I heard that but never know so I stocked up at very good close out prices on Murcielago's.  I got a box of Corona CyB's today from Famous on a super $67 Deal
I keep trying to talk myself into another box. Think I'll smoke one here momentarily and see it that kicks me over the edge. But you got me rethinking my holster options and that has distracted me.
Don't listen to me buy what YOU like!  I can only verify Quality not other's personal Preference.
No, I've loved the CyBs since I was hipped to them sometime early last year. Just a question of how many to stock when they're going away, given a limited budget. ;-)
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 05:37:00 PM
[...]
Guy in Houston makes these and they are truly invisible, not so sure about comfort of 1911 in it though. I have one and would be better for skinny guy but can put small Glock in it easy.  Have to wear an undershirt under it.

http://www.kangaroocarry.com/products/air-marshal3
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 05:40:00 PM
[...]

I like them but not as well as many others do.  Definitely not a top 10 for me taste wise but good cigars.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 05:42:52 PM
[...]
Texas is so often a set of contradictions. Red state, lots of guns, independent-minded...and illegal to carry at work.

Private enterprises can forbid carry here, but state buildings can't forbid licensed carry unless they provide secure check-in. It's legal here to carry in the state Capitol building. They try to discourage it as much as they can, but that's what concealment is for. ;-)

But I work in the most left-leaning agency of an already leftward state. So there's natural pressure to keep it on the way-down-low.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 05:45:11 PM
[...]

They are in my top ten list...so far. But I'm still only a coupla years into this as a serious hobby.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 05:48:45 PM
[...]

TX is likely to outlaw Gun Fee Zones this legislature along with legalizing open carry.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 03, 2015, 05:49:35 PM
Evening gents.  Just finished a long list of chores and sat down to a melanio rob.  Beautiful day in central Texas.  Sadly I think the warden is fixin to interrupt my relaxation with "let's go to dinner " plans.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 05:49:56 PM
[...]

Seen that, just haven't gotten around to trying one with a 1911.

My accident has gotten me seriously thinking about lighter-weight carry, though. I love my 1911, but seriously thinking I need a smaller and lighter option. Thinking about a G23, and seems to me that would work nicely in a rig like the Kangaroo.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 05:52:44 PM
Evening gents.  Just finished a long list of chores and sat down to a melanio rob.  Beautiful day in central Texas.  Sadly I think the warden is fixin to interrupt my relaxation with "let's go to dinner " plans.
Hiya, Bean. My wife is starting to give me the get-to-workin' stinkeye. But the work I'll have to do today is paperwork, so I'll get to have a cigar while I do it. ;-)
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 05:53:08 PM
Evening gents.  Just finished a long list of chores and sat down to a melanio rob.  Beautiful day in central Texas.  Sadly I think the warden is fixin to interrupt my relaxation with "let's go to dinner " plans.
Evening Bean, mighty damn nice out for sure.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 03, 2015, 05:55:31 PM
7
[...]

I have that Glock, and while certainly more CC friendly than a 1911 it's not exactly small.  There are a ton of great compacts which you would love, depending on your cal desires.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 03, 2015, 05:59:23 PM
Evening gents.  Just finished a long list of chores and sat down to a melanio rob.  Beautiful day in central Texas.  Sadly I think the warden is fixin to interrupt my relaxation with "let's go to dinner " plans.
Hiya, Bean. My wife is starting to give me the get-to-workin' stinkeye. But the work I'll have to do today is paperwork, so I'll get to have a cigar while I do it. ;-)
Yeah, I'm hoping when she gets home and sees how great the garage looks now she'll forget about being hungry long enough for me to finish this stick.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:03:12 PM
[...]

I have that Glock, and while certainly more CC friendly than a 1911 it's not exactly small.  There are a ton of great compacts which you woild love, depending on your cal desires.
I admit I am a Glock whore and a .357 Sig whore but my #1 carry is a G-33 with a G-32 magazine and X-Grip extender.  For the .45 whores look at a G-30S but hard to find.  It is narrower than other 2 G-30 models and holds 10 +1
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:04:38 PM
Warden said it is getting cold and went inside so I am in the clear.  Not bad out at all though.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:06:06 PM
.357 Sig with Ranger-t's will stop anything on 2 legs in its tracks. Air Marshall's carry .357 Sig with frangible bullets  for the very reason they have enormous stopping power even with those loads.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:10:03 PM
Evening gents.  Just finished a long list of chores and sat down to a melanio rob.  Beautiful day in central Texas.  Sadly I think the warden is fixin to interrupt my relaxation with "let's go to dinner " plans.
Hiya, Bean. My wife is starting to give me the get-to-workin' stinkeye. But the work I'll have to do today is paperwork, so I'll get to have a cigar while I do it. ;-)
Yeah, I'm hoping when she gets home and sees how great the garage looks now she'll forget about being hungry long enough for me to finish this stick.
What ya smok'n?
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 06:11:03 PM
7
[...]

I haven't found a truly "small" weapon I like or can shoot well. I'm sure I could manage one with enough practice, but the question always seems to be, "Why?" If I can comfortably conceal and carry a full-size 1911, then a somewhat smaller and lighter weapon should be easier without having to master the ergonomic eccentricities of a subcompact. I like the 23 and can shoot it well. I've never tried a 26 because I didn't like the feel when I held one in a store, even though I have small hands.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:14:47 PM
7
[...]

Give the 33 and 30S a try if you want something smaller than 1911.  I luv 1911's but can't hit chit with one for some reason.  I have a vintage Jim Clark custom Colt 1911 and luv it but can't hit chit.
Commander size 1911 is a lighter option too, Kimber is mighty nice at somewhat realistic price.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 06:17:02 PM
[...]

I'm not a Glock whore - yet. Early on I sniffed at them like most 1911-bigots do. But after shooting several, I decided I like them fine. To my mind, they are the best value-, quality-, and weight-for-money package there is. I just haven't gotten to buying one yet because I keep buying cigars and holsters. ;-)
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 03, 2015, 06:17:44 PM
Evening gents.  Just finished a long list of chores and sat down to a melanio rob.  Beautiful day in central Texas.  Sadly I think the warden is fixin to interrupt my relaxation with "let's go to dinner " plans.
Hiya, Bean. My wife is starting to give me the get-to-workin' stinkeye. But the work I'll have to do today is paperwork, so I'll get to have a cigar while I do it. ;-)I
Yeah, I'm hoping when she gets home and sees how great the garage looks now she'll forget about being hungry long enough for me to finish this stick.
What ya smok'n?
Melanio rob.  And I lucked out, she picked up some food on the way home, no changing clothes and rushing out to a restaurant on a Saturday evening.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:19:43 PM
Evening gents.  Just finished a long list of chores and sat down to a melanio rob.  Beautiful day in central Texas.  Sadly I think the warden is fixin to interrupt my relaxation with "let's go to dinner " plans.
Hiya, Bean. My wife is starting to give me the get-to-workin' stinkeye. But the work I'll have to do today is paperwork, so I'll get to have a cigar while I do it. ;-)I
Yeah, I'm hoping when she gets home and sees how great the garage looks now she'll forget about being hungry long enough for me to finish this stick.
What ya smok'n?
Melanio rob.  And I lucked out, she picked up some food on the way home, no changing clothes and rushing out to a restaurant on a Saturday evening.
Home Run!   Maybe your luck will hold out! ;)
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:20:17 PM
Evening gents.  Just finished a long list of chores and sat down to a melanio rob.  Beautiful day in central Texas.  Sadly I think the warden is fixin to interrupt my relaxation with "let's go to dinner " plans.
Hiya, Bean. My wife is starting to give me the get-to-workin' stinkeye. But the work I'll have to do today is paperwork, so I'll get to have a cigar while I do it. ;-)I
Yeah, I'm hoping when she gets home and sees how great the garage looks now she'll forget about being hungry long enough for me to finish this stick.
What ya smok'n?
Melanio rob.  And I lucked out, she picked up some food on the way home, no changing clothes and rushing out to a restaurant on a Saturday evening.
Only had a couple but excellent smoke!
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 03, 2015, 06:24:07 PM
7
[...]

Subcompacts will never be as nice or accurate to shoot as the G23, at least for me, so sounds like that's the ticket for you as well.  The gen 4 comes with three replacable backstraps (adjustable grip depth), which if you have small hands you may not find useful.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:24:20 PM
[...]

There are cooler and finer guns but there are none more reliable is why I savor them.   They just keep on shoot'n.  I once loaded my G-22 with a Walmart buffet of 5 different loads all mixed up and pulled the trigger as fast as possible 16 times and she never blinked an eye.  I actually have one or more of every caliber except .380 and 9mm and they have never ever failed to fire and cycle.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:27:34 PM
7
[...]

Gen 3 fits me fine but my son hates them, just like cigars!
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 03, 2015, 06:29:33 PM
Evening gents.  Just finished a long list of chores and sat down to a melanio rob.  Beautiful day in central Texas.  Sadly I think the warden is fixin to interrupt my relaxation with "let's go to dinner " plans.
Hiya, Bean. My wife is starting to give me the get-to-workin' stinkeye. But the work I'll have to do today is paperwork, so I'll get to have a cigar while I do it. ;-)I
Yeah, I'm hoping when she gets home and sees how great the garage looks now she'll forget about being hungry long enough for me to finish this stick.
What ya smok'n?
Melanio rob.  And I lucked out, she picked up some food on the way home, no changing clothes and rushing out to a restaurant on a Saturday evening.
Home Run!   Maybe your luck will hold out! ;)
The warden's mood is like Texas weather, always changing and you never know what you're going to get!
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:30:25 PM
Evening gents.  Just finished a long list of chores and sat down to a melanio rob.  Beautiful day in central Texas.  Sadly I think the warden is fixin to interrupt my relaxation with "let's go to dinner " plans.
Hiya, Bean. My wife is starting to give me the get-to-workin' stinkeye. But the work I'll have to do today is paperwork, so I'll get to have a cigar while I do it. ;-)I
Yeah, I'm hoping when she gets home and sees how great the garage looks now she'll forget about being hungry long enough for me to finish this stick.
What ya smok'n?
Melanio rob.  And I lucked out, she picked up some food on the way home, no changing clothes and rushing out to a restaurant on a Saturday evening.
Home Run!   Maybe your luck will hold out! ;)
The warden's mood is like Texas weather, always changing and you never know what you're going to get!
That is what makes them WRden's. :)
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:31:39 PM
Speaking of TX weather it is going to get cold as chit this week, mid to low 20's.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 03, 2015, 06:36:22 PM
Speaking of TX weather it is going to get cold as chit this week, mid to low 20's.
Yep, this was probably the last nice day for a while.  Oh well, at least it's supposed to be sunny.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:37:15 PM
Think I will go in and discuss dinner (at home).  Enjoyed the cigar and gun talk, later guys.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:37:59 PM
Speaking of TX weather it is going to get cold as chit this week, mid to low 20's.
Yep, this was
probably the last nice day for a while.  Oh well, at least it's supposed to be sunny.
Amen on sunshine!
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 03, 2015, 06:38:59 PM
Think I will go in and discuss dinner (at home).  Enjoyed the cigar and gun talk, later guys.
Not far behind you, Dave.  Also think I'll look into a G27, being partial to the 40 cal.  Enjoy your evening.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 03, 2015, 06:40:58 PM
Think I will go in and discuss dinner (at home).  Enjoyed the cigar and gun talk, later guys.
Not far behind you, Dave.  Also think I'll look into a G27, being partial to the 40 cal.  Enjoy your evening.
Slip a G23 magazine with X-Grip adapter in it and give it a whirl.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 03, 2015, 06:49:13 PM
Cigar nubbed, and it was a good one.  Guess I'll head in and have some eats as well.  Later raz and whoever else is out there.
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 07:05:44 PM
Evening gents.  Just finished a long list of chores and sat down to a melanio rob.  Beautiful day in central Texas.  Sadly I think the warden is fixin to interrupt my relaxation with "let's go to dinner " plans.
Hiya, Bean. My wife is starting to give me the get-to-workin' stinkeye. But the work I'll have to do today is paperwork, so I'll get to have a cigar while I do it. ;-)I
Yeah, I'm hoping when she gets home and sees how great the garage looks now she'll forget about being hungry long enough for me to finish this stick.
What ya smok'n?
Melanio rob.  And I lucked out, she picked up some food on the way home, no changing clothes and rushing out to a restaurant on a Saturday evening.
Home Run!   Maybe your luck will hold out! ;)
He meant to say, "Run away from home! Maybe your luck will hold out!"
Title: Re: 1/3/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 03, 2015, 07:34:07 PM
[...]

To my mind, guns are more like cars than cigars.  You got your Mercedes, Beemers, Lexuses, and your super cars.  Then you've got your more pedestrian makes.  To some degree they'll all get you from point A to point B. As you go up the price scale, they tend to get you there more reliably, more often, and with greater tolerance of the vagaries of the road.  But as you go up the price scale, the returns start to diminish.  A Sig is a fine, precision weapon, and I'd love to own some and will.  But the difference between a Sig and my Colt or a Glock is not, for me, how reliably, quickly, or often it will get the job done.  I'm not a competitive shooter, a Navy Seal, or likely to see heavy combat, so I'll never see the point at which the Sig's fine engineering comes into play because I'm not likely to ever fire it enough times.  So the differences, for me, are reduced to one - pride of ownership.  It'd be fun to drive such a gun and appreciate the fineness of its operation and appreciate the compliments or envy of my friends for owning such a fine piece of work.  If I thought for a moment that owning a Sig instead of a Glock or a 1911 would be the difference between life and death for me, I'd sell my house if necessary to get one.  But it won't be.  I know at least to the 95th-percentile or higher what my Colt is going to do when I skin it and pull the trigger.  It's going to get the job done for me, and it will look good doing it, and get its share of oohs and ahs from the folks who see it at the range.  So, maybe compared to a Mercedes Benz or a Sig, my colt is more of a Ford Explorer.  But I like my Ford Explorer, too. ;-)