CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 19, 2018, 12:06:10 AM

Title: 1/19/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on January 19, 2018, 12:06:10 AM
Happy Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 19, 2018, 05:31:15 AM
Morning, all. Joe already showing as sold out this morning. Sheesh!
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 06:28:21 AM
Morning, all. Joe already showing as sold out this morning. Sheesh!
I'm sure it's because people couldn't wait to get their hands on the offering....
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 06:28:52 AM
Good Friday morning OhioDave.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 06:34:01 AM
Today is Friday, Jan. 19, the 19th day of 2018. There are 346 days left in the year.
Today's Highlight in History:
On Jan. 19, 1953, CBS-TV aired the widely watched episode of "I Love Lucy" in which Lucy Ricardo, played by Lucille Ball, gave birth to Little Ricky. (By coincidence, Ball gave birth the same day to her son, Desi Arnaz Jr.)
On this date:
In 1807, Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee was born in Westmoreland County, Virginia.
In 1861, Georgia became the fifth state to secede from the Union.
In 1867, the song "The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze" by Gaston Lyle, Alfred Lee and George Leybourne was first published in London.
In 1915, Germany carried out its first air raid on Britain during World War I as a pair of Zeppelins dropped bombs onto Great Yarmouth and King's Lynn in England.
In 1937, millionaire Howard Hughes set a transcontinental air record by flying his monoplane from Los Angeles to Newark, New Jersey, in 7 hours, 28 minutes and 25 seconds.
In 1942, during World War II, Japanese forces captured the British protectorate of North Borneo. A German submarine sank the Canadian liner RMS Lady Hawkins off Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, killing 251 people; 71 survived.
In 1955, a presidential news conference was filmed for television and newsreels for the first time, with the permission of President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
In 1966, Indira Gandhi was chosen to be prime minister of India by the National Congress party.
In 1970, President Richard M. Nixon nominated G. Harrold Carswell to the Supreme Court; however, the nomination was defeated because of controversy over Carswell's past racial views.
In 1977, President Gerald R. Ford pardoned Iva Toguri D'Aquino, an American convicted of treason for making radio broadcasts aimed at demoralizing Allied troops in the Pacific Theater during World War II. (Although she was popularly referred to as "Tokyo Rose," D'Aquino never used that name.)
In 1987, Guy Hunt became Alabama's first Republican governor since 1874 as he was sworn into office, succeeding George C. Wallace.
In 1998, "rockabilly" pioneer Carl Perkins died in Jackson, Tennessee, at age 65.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 06:35:19 AM
Ten years ago: Republican John McCain won a hard-fought South Carolina primary; Democrats Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama split the spoils in the Nevada caucuses. A U.S. soldier was killed south of Baghdad in a roadside bomb attack; it was the first American death to occur on a newly introduced, heavily armored vehicle known as MRAP. Death claimed actress Suzanne Pleshette in Los Angeles at age 70; John Stewart, a former member of the Kingston Trio, in San Diego at age 68; and former Chicago Mayor Eugene Sawyer at age 73.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama said the U.S. stood ready to provide whatever assistance Algerian officials needed in the aftermath of a deadly terrorist attack at a natural gas complex in the Sahara, a siege which finally came to an end with a second assault by special forces. Thousands of gun advocates gathered peacefully at state capitals around the U.S. to rally against stricter limits on firearms. Death claimed baseball Hall of Famers Stan Musial at age 92 and Earl Weaver at age 82.

One year ago: With fireworks heralding his big moment, Donald Trump swept into Washington on the eve of his presidential inauguration and pledged to unify a nation sorely divided and clamoring for change. Treasury secretary-nominee Steven Mnuchin clashed with Democrats during a lengthy confirmation hearing over his handling of thousands of mortgage foreclosures and his failure to initially disclose to the committee $100 million in assets and interests in a Cayman Islands corporation. Actor Miguel Ferrer died at his Los Angeles home at age 61.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 06:36:16 AM
Today's Birthdays: Former U.N. Secretary-General Javier Perez de Cuellar is 98. Actress Tippi Hedren is 88. Former PBS newsman Robert MacNeil is 87. Movie director Richard Lester is 86. Actor-singer Michael Crawford is 76. Actress Shelley Fabares (fab-RAY') is 74. Country singer Dolly Parton is 72. Former ABC newswoman Ann Compton is 71. TV chef Paula Deen is 71. Rock singer Martha Davis is 67. Singer Dewey Bunnell (America) is 66. Actor Desi Arnaz Jr. is 65. Actress Katey Sagal is 64. Comedian Paul Rodriguez is 63. Conductor Sir Simon Rattle is 63. Reggae musician Mickey Virtue (UB40) is 61. Rock musician Jeff Pilson (Foreigner) is 60. Actor Paul McCrane is 57. Actor William Ragsdale is 57. Basketball coach Jeff Van Gundy is 56. International Tennis Hall of Famer Stefan Edberg is 52. Rock singer Whitfield Crane (Ugly Kid Joe) is 50. Singer Trey Lorenz is 49. Actor Shawn Wayans is 47. Rock singer-musician John Wozniak (Marcy Playground) is 47. Actress Drea (DRAY-uh') de Matteo is 46. Comedian-impressionist Frank Caliendo is 44. Actor Drew Powell is 42. Actress Marsha Thomason is 42. Actress Bitsie Tulloch is 37. Actress Jodie Sweetin is 36. Movie director Damien Chazelle is 33. Actor Logan Lerman is 26. Olympic gold medal gymnast Shawn Johnson is 26. Rapper Mac Miller is 26.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 06:36:39 AM
Thought for Today: "America is woven of many strands. I would recognise them and let it so remain. Our fate is to become one, and yet many. This is not prophecy, but description." - Ralph Ellison, American author (1913-1994).
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 06:46:17 AM
13 "cultural nations" of the US....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/this-map-shows-the-us-really-has-11-separate-nations-with-entirely-different-cultures/ss-AAuR3Ol?ocid=spartanntp
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: sfish on January 19, 2018, 07:13:32 AM
Good morning boys, Happy Friday!
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 07:17:39 AM
Five things you need to know for today:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/01/19/5-things-you-need-know-friday/1044596001/
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 07:18:21 AM
Good Friday to you sir.  Last day as a frozen Fish for a bit.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 19, 2018, 07:39:13 AM
Good morning Fish and Daves.  Happy Friday to ya.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 19, 2018, 07:39:23 AM
Five things you need to know for today:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/01/19/5-things-you-need-know-friday/1044596001/
Not from that source I don't.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 19, 2018, 07:40:49 AM
13 "cultural nations" of the US....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/this-map-shows-the-us-really-has-11-separate-nations-with-entirely-different-cultures/ss-AAuR3Ol?ocid=spartanntp
Another commie propaganda link which shall not see my mouse cursor.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 19, 2018, 07:44:03 AM
13 "cultural nations" of the US....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/this-map-shows-the-us-really-has-11-separate-nations-with-entirely-different-cultures/ss-AAuR3Ol?ocid=spartanntp
Another commie propaganda link which shall not see my mouse cursor.
Is this one more your speed? ;)

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/01/19/bare-chested-putin-takes-dip-in-icy-lake-for-epiphany.html
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 19, 2018, 08:15:05 AM
13 "cultural nations" of the US....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/this-map-shows-the-us-really-has-11-separate-nations-with-entirely-different-cultures/ss-AAuR3Ol?ocid=spartanntp
Another commie propaganda link which shall not see my mouse cursor.
Is this one more your speed? ;)

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/01/19/bare-chested-putin-takes-dip-in-icy-lake-for-epiphany.html
Ha!  That was a pretty halfhearted attempt at crossing himself.  Probably been a while for him, and he forgot how.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: sfish on January 19, 2018, 08:25:46 AM
Good Friday to you sir.  Last day as a frozen Fish for a bit.
Yes looking forward to a little warm-up. I have a garage door opener to replace tomorrow, after a 10:30 hockey game outdoors
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: sfish on January 19, 2018, 08:27:20 AM
Good Friday to you sir.  Last day as a frozen Fish for a bit.
Yes looking forward to a little warm-up. I have a garage door opener to replace tomorrow, after a 10:30 hockey game outdoors
This is where my son is playing tomorrow, awesome place. Feels like pond hockey

https://www.essexhunt.com/
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 09:13:35 AM
Five things you need to know for today:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/01/19/5-things-you-need-know-friday/1044596001/
Not from that source I don't.
Getting desperate for source material to get past page 1
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 09:15:10 AM
Good Friday to you sir.  Last day as a frozen Fish for a bit.
Yes looking forward to a little warm-up. I have a garage door opener to replace tomorrow, after a 10:30 hockey game outdoors
This is where my son is playing tomorrow, awesome place. Feels like pond hockey

https://www.essexhunt.com/
Looks like a nice field house as well.  Wonder if they have a bar and smoking lounge?
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 09:16:02 AM
13 "cultural nations" of the US....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/this-map-shows-the-us-really-has-11-separate-nations-with-entirely-different-cultures/ss-AAuR3Ol?ocid=spartanntp
Another commie propaganda link which shall not see my mouse cursor.
Is this one more your speed? ;)

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/01/19/bare-chested-putin-takes-dip-in-icy-lake-for-epiphany.html
Ha!  That was a pretty halfhearted attempt at crossing himself.  Probably been a while for him, and he forgot how.
A little afraid of that potential lightening strike.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 19, 2018, 09:17:32 AM
13 "cultural nations" of the US....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/this-map-shows-the-us-really-has-11-separate-nations-with-entirely-different-cultures/ss-AAuR3Ol?ocid=spartanntp
Another commie propaganda link which shall not see my mouse cursor.
Is this one more your speed? ;)

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/01/19/bare-chested-putin-takes-dip-in-icy-lake-for-epiphany.html
Ha!  That was a pretty halfhearted attempt at crossing himself.  Probably been a while for him, and he forgot how.
A little afraid of that potential lightening strike.
CNS
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 19, 2018, 09:18:14 AM
Good morning and happy Friday, ladies.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 19, 2018, 09:22:33 AM
Good Friday to you sir.  Last day as a frozen Fish for a bit.
Yes looking forward to a little warm-up. I have a garage door opener to replace tomorrow, after a 10:30 hockey game outdoors
This is where my son is playing tomorrow, awesome place. Feels like pond hockey

https://www.essexhunt.com/
That's so cool. I'm glad kids still get to experience stuff like that.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 19, 2018, 09:46:05 AM
Good morning folkses.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 19, 2018, 09:48:24 AM
Good Friday to you sir.  Last day as a frozen Fish for a bit.
Yes looking forward to a little warm-up. I have a garage door opener to replace tomorrow, after a 10:30 hockey game outdoors
This is where my son is playing tomorrow, awesome place. Feels like pond hockey

https://www.essexhunt.com/
That's so cool. I'm glad kids still get to experience stuff like that.
"Friday, January 12th, The rink is currently closed. The Restaurant and Snack Bar will Not be open tonight."  I take it this is a "natural ice" rink with no refrigeration?
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Threebean on January 19, 2018, 09:49:23 AM
Good morning folkses.
Morning Sam, and Tony.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 19, 2018, 09:50:10 AM
supposedly, CP has a massive 10pk sale.  problem is, i don't see the sale part.  for instance.  MBIII's are $75 +/- for 10, and we can get 20 for $69.99 at Holts all day long...
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 19, 2018, 09:50:22 AM
Good morning folkses.
Hello Sam. Was there a morning car smoke today?
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 19, 2018, 09:50:57 AM
Good morning folkses.
Morning Sam, and Tony.
Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 19, 2018, 10:17:53 AM
Good morning folkses.
Hello Sam. Was there a morning car smoke today?
2 actually,  had a 1-1/2hr commute due to some bad actors running into each other on rt 1.  a 5V gold torp, then a Argyle White Glove robusto.  Both smoked well!  didn'g finish the Argyle, but got a little over 1/2 of it.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 19, 2018, 10:47:51 AM
2 cigar commute lull?  (TCCL)
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 19, 2018, 11:04:28 AM
somewhere along the line, I picked up some HC Colorados in a stout figurado vitola.  They are very good, but I can't seem to find that one anywhere.  and ideas?
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 19, 2018, 11:09:33 AM
somewhere along the line, I picked up some HC Colorados in a stout figurado vitola.  They are very good, but I can't seem to find that one anywhere.  and ideas?
What color is the band?
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 11:13:31 AM
Good Friday to you sir.  Last day as a frozen Fish for a bit.
Yes looking forward to a little warm-up. I have a garage door opener to replace tomorrow, after a 10:30 hockey game outdoors
This is where my son is playing tomorrow, awesome place. Feels like pond hockey

https://www.essexhunt.com/
That's so cool. I'm glad kids still get to experience stuff like that.
"Friday, January 12th, The rink is currently closed. The Restaurant and Snack Bar will Not be open tonight."  I take it this is a "natural ice" rink with no refrigeration?
Most if not all rinks (indoor or out) in our area have refrigeration (or is it refreezeation).
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 11:21:34 AM
Morning Tony, Beaner and CommutinSam
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 19, 2018, 11:22:09 AM
somewhere along the line, I picked up some HC Colorados in a stout figurado vitola.  They are very good, but I can't seem to find that one anywhere.  and ideas?
What color is the band?
head band = yellow & gold.  says Havana collection  and foot ring is gold with black band on bottom and says Habana Colorado
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 19, 2018, 11:30:57 AM
somewhere along the line, I picked up some HC Colorados in a stout figurado vitola.  They are very good, but I can't seem to find that one anywhere.  and ideas?
What color is the band?
head band = yellow & gold.  says Havana collection  and foot ring is gold with black band on bottom and says Habana Colorado
Well, the listing here says Habana Colorado, but the pic is of a corojo. So who the hell knows?

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/hc-series-habano-colorado-cigars/1475382/
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 19, 2018, 11:31:56 AM
somewhere along the line, I picked up some HC Colorados in a stout figurado vitola.  They are very good, but I can't seem to find that one anywhere.  and ideas?
What color is the band?
head band = yellow & gold.  says Havana collection  and foot ring is gold with black band on bottom and says Habana Colorado
Well, the listing here says Habana Colorado, but the pic is of a corojo. So who the hell knows?

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/hc-series-habano-colorado-cigars/1475382/
Though, the box in the pic might be right, I think it's just the cigar up close that isn't correct.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 19, 2018, 11:37:02 AM
Good morning folkses.
Hello Sam. Was there a morning car smoke today?
2 actually,  had a 1-1/2hr commute due to some bad actors running into each other on rt 1.  a 5V gold torp, then a Argyle White Glove robusto.  Both smoked well!  didn'g finish the Argyle, but got a little over 1/2 of it.
Cool. Both seem like smokable morning cigars. The 5V are not in my preferred taste profile but you can't deny their good construction/draw. That said, I used to really enjoy the Classic High Primings.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 19, 2018, 11:37:33 AM
somewhere along the line, I picked up some HC Colorados in a stout figurado vitola.  They are very good, but I can't seem to find that one anywhere.  and ideas?
What color is the band?
head band = yellow & gold.  says Havana collection  and foot ring is gold with black band on bottom and says Habana Colorado
Well, the listing here says Habana Colorado, but the pic is of a corojo. So who the hell knows?

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/hc-series-habano-colorado-cigars/1475382/
Though, the box in the pic might be right, I think it's just the cigar up close that isn't correct.
the Colorado is the right cigar, but that particular vitola doesn't seem to be listed.  figurado style with a pigtail.  been looking on line and no go so far.  wierd.  need to find the order i got them on.  hell, need to find the store I bought them from  for that matter.  :o
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 19, 2018, 11:38:27 AM
heading out for a lunch date.  taking a Monte White robusto for company.  see you on the other side of noon!
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 19, 2018, 11:39:55 AM
heading out for a lunch date.  taking a Monte White robusto for company.  see you on the other side of noon!
Enjoy.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on January 19, 2018, 11:46:43 AM
Good morning boys, how are things going...
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 19, 2018, 11:53:34 AM
Good morning boys, how are things going...
They're going very well. Despite what LTG will tell ya.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: sfish on January 19, 2018, 11:59:50 AM
Good Friday to you sir.  Last day as a frozen Fish for a bit.
Yes looking forward to a little warm-up. I have a garage door opener to replace tomorrow, after a 10:30 hockey game outdoors
This is where my son is playing tomorrow, awesome place. Feels like pond hockey

https://www.essexhunt.com/
That's so cool. I'm glad kids still get to experience stuff like that.
"Friday, January 12th, The rink is currently closed. The Restaurant and Snack Bar will Not be open tonight."  I take it this is a "natural ice" rink with no refrigeration?
No it has a full cooling system, Zamboni, the whole nine yards. They don't play there constantly, it's a private club that doesn't see much use except from their own teams and open skates for members
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 12:06:22 PM
[...]

As they are an AJF cigar, they were probably a limited time vitola.  You know he likes to mix things up and offer all salomons or other shapes and sizes, particularly figurado's.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 12:07:51 PM
Good Friday to you GastroFlip.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 19, 2018, 12:37:54 PM
Good morning boys, how are things going...
They're going very well. Despite what LTG will tell ya.
Sun's out and the temps have climbed into the 30s. Everything's great here!
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: sfish on January 19, 2018, 12:52:41 PM
Any interest in the new CH/Monte collaboration, Ciudad De Musica?
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 19, 2018, 12:56:56 PM
Any interest in the new CH/Monte collaboration, Ciudad De Musica?
Curious too. The AJ/Monte stick did nothing for me except lighten my wallet.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on January 19, 2018, 01:10:20 PM
Any interest in the new CH/Monte collaboration, Ciudad De Musica?
Curious too. The AJ/Monte stick did nothing for me except lighten my wallet.
you are supposed to light one end...
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 19, 2018, 01:28:31 PM
Any interest in the new CH/Monte collaboration, Ciudad De Musica?
Curious too. The AJ/Monte stick did nothing for me except lighten my wallet.
you are supposed to light one end...
That might've been his problem.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 19, 2018, 01:29:26 PM
afternoon guys. been doing my weekly running around, shopping, gas, meeting, etc.
8-5-8 going in the sun before nap time, 60° but feel warmer in the sun. may do stuffed porkchops for dinner.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 19, 2018, 01:50:01 PM
afternoon guys. been doing my weekly running around, shopping, gas, meeting, etc.
8-5-8 going in the sun before nap time, 60° but feel warmer in the sun. may do stuffed porkchops for dinner.
Afternoon, Dean.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 19, 2018, 02:20:01 PM
Alrighty then, hazzuh!
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 19, 2018, 02:35:44 PM
Back.  Hi Dean & Flip!  Later LTG.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 19, 2018, 02:36:30 PM
Not impressed with the Monte White lunch smoke.  i remember a few years ago while working in the humidor for Cigarette City in Smyrna DE they had Monte White Toros for about 12.00/stick and I was allowed to smoke anything "unsalable" due to chips or cracks ,etc.  so there were occasional "damaged" Monte whites i'd smoke.  they were damn good sort of acting mild while delivering some decent flavors and a nice dose of vitamin N.  today's offering was just harsh.  i'm wondering, with the seeming dumping of Monte Christo sticks lately (never remember them going on sale so much in the past) if they had a bad run of tobacco and are getting rid of some sub par sticks.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 19, 2018, 02:54:37 PM
afternoon guys. been doing my weekly running around, shopping, gas, meeting, etc.
8-5-8 going in the sun before nap time, 60° but feel warmer in the sun. may do stuffed porkchops for dinner.
What are we stuffing them with? I recently made a pork shoulder that went over really well with the family. Even reheated, it never dried out and was super tender. Will be making another one soon.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 19, 2018, 02:56:22 PM
Not impressed with the Monte White lunch smoke.  i remember a few years ago while working in the humidor for Cigarette City in Smyrna DE they had Monte White Toros for about 12.00/stick and I was allowed to smoke anything "unsalable" due to chips or cracks ,etc.  so there were occasional "damaged" Monte whites i'd smoke.  they were damn good sort of acting mild while delivering some decent flavors and a nice dose of vitamin N.  today's offering was just harsh.  i'm wondering, with the seeming dumping of Monte Christo sticks lately (never remember them going on sale so much in the past) if they had a bad run of tobacco and are getting rid of some sub par sticks.
That's definitely not good marketing. Then again, most modern businessmen are in it for the short term.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 03:04:36 PM
Any interest in the new CH/Monte collaboration, Ciudad De Musica?
Should have a bigger label.  Some interest, but $12/stick and general lack of availability doesn't have me overly excited.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 03:05:32 PM
Any interest in the new CH/Monte collaboration, Ciudad De Musica?
Should have a bigger label.  Some interest, but $12/stick and general lack of availability doesn't have me overly excited.
More interested in giving Aladino and Tat Monsters Michael a try.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 03:07:08 PM
afternoon guys. been doing my weekly running around, shopping, gas, meeting, etc.
8-5-8 going in the sun before nap time, 60° but feel warmer in the sun. may do stuffed porkchops for dinner.
How are your hands feeling Dean?
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 03:10:18 PM
Any interest in the new CH/Monte collaboration, Ciudad De Musica?
Should have a bigger label.  Some interest, but $12/stick and general lack of availability doesn't have me overly excited.
More interested in giving Aladino and Tat Monsters Michael a try.
Oh, and Todas Las Dias.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 03:20:09 PM
Any interest in the new CH/Monte collaboration, Ciudad De Musica?
Should have a bigger label.  Some interest, but $12/stick and general lack of availability doesn't have me overly excited.
But hey, if you happen to pick up an extra, I'll be happy to give it a try.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 19, 2018, 03:20:41 PM

Any interest in the new CH/Monte collaboration, Ciudad De Musica?
Should have a bigger label.  Some interest, but $12/stick and general lack of availability doesn't have me overly excited.
More interested in giving Aladino and Tat Monsters Michael a try.

Wasn't impressed with the Aladino. Only had the one but felt it was meh. I'd try it again though.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 19, 2018, 03:21:02 PM
afternoon guys. been doing my weekly running around, shopping, gas, meeting, etc.
8-5-8 going in the sun before nap time, 60° but feel warmer in the sun. may do stuffed porkchops for dinner.
What are we stuffing them with? I recently made a pork shoulder that went over really well with the family. Even reheated, it never dried out and was super tender. Will be making another one soon.
I just use pork stuffing in a box, season the choos with garlic and Italian seasonings, a little olive oil, wrap in foil and throw on the grill, low heat for about 2 hours.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 19, 2018, 03:25:18 PM
afternoon guys. been doing my weekly running around, shopping, gas, meeting, etc.
8-5-8 going in the sun before nap time, 60° but feel warmer in the sun. may do stuffed porkchops for dinner.
How are your hands feeling Dean?
not a whole lot better yet, wrists have no strenth and still hurt. surgeons office called for a follow up and I let them have it. told them what a cluster fuck they created and if and when I need surgery I would also find someone else, also told them about the complaint to the AMA that was filed.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 19, 2018, 03:29:47 PM

Any interest in the new CH/Monte collaboration, Ciudad De Musica?
Should have a bigger label.  Some interest, but $12/stick and general lack of availability doesn't have me overly excited.
More interested in giving Aladino and Tat Monsters Michael a try.

Wasn't impressed with the Aladino. Only had the one but felt it was meh. I'd try it again though.
I stand corrected...

Aladino by Julio R. Eiroa. Taste like an old school Camacho.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170911/c2214755065c393fae04ace8ae4d95ca.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 19, 2018, 03:37:15 PM
afternoon guys. been doing my weekly running around, shopping, gas, meeting, etc.
8-5-8 going in the sun before nap time, 60° but feel warmer in the sun. may do stuffed porkchops for dinner.
What are we stuffing them with? I recently made a pork shoulder that went over really well with the family. Even reheated, it never dried out and was super tender. Will be making another one soon.
I just use pork stuffing in a box, season the choos with garlic and Italian seasonings, a little olive oil, wrap in foil and throw on the grill, low heat for about 2 hours.
Low and slow, is the secret to tender pork.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 03:46:05 PM

Any interest in the new CH/Monte collaboration, Ciudad De Musica?
Should have a bigger label.  Some interest, but $12/stick and general lack of availability doesn't have me overly excited.
More interested in giving Aladino and Tat Monsters Michael a try.

Wasn't impressed with the Aladino. Only had the one but felt it was meh. I'd try it again though.
I will take your word and drop it down on the try list....so I guess CdM is moving up!
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 03:46:20 PM
afternoon guys. been doing my weekly running around, shopping, gas, meeting, etc.
8-5-8 going in the sun before nap time, 60° but feel warmer in the sun. may do stuffed porkchops for dinner.
What are we stuffing them with? I recently made a pork shoulder that went over really well with the family. Even reheated, it never dried out and was super tender. Will be making another one soon.
I just use pork stuffing in a box, season the choos with garlic and Italian seasonings, a little olive oil, wrap in foil and throw on the grill, low heat for about 2 hours.
Low and slow, is the secret to tender pork.
TWSS!
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 03:50:01 PM
Is there a Casa de Montecristo lounge near you Tony?  Seems about the only place to get them, and it is the only place to get the pyramide vitola.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on January 19, 2018, 04:15:08 PM
afternoon guys. been doing my weekly running around, shopping, gas, meeting, etc.
8-5-8 going in the sun before nap time, 60° but feel warmer in the sun. may do stuffed porkchops for dinner.
What are we stuffing them with? I recently made a pork shoulder that went over really well with the family. Even reheated, it never dried out and was super tender. Will be making another one soon.
I just use pork stuffing in a box, season the choos with garlic and Italian seasonings, a little olive oil, wrap in foil and throw on the grill, low heat for about 2 hours.
Low and slow, is the secret to tender pork.
TWSS!
indeed!
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: ss2 on January 19, 2018, 04:28:04 PM
Finished putting away the newest aquisition  Gispert corona box.
looks like a Flores Y Rodriguez Tamboril maddie for the ride home.  looks larger than a 660, but not sure.  hedging my bets for a long ride home.  you all have a good weekend!
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 04:46:22 PM
Good travels Sam.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 19, 2018, 06:13:30 PM
Friday night homeward trek lull.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 19, 2018, 06:21:31 PM
Is there a Casa de Montecristo lounge near you Tony?  Seems about the only place to get them, and it is the only place to get the pyramide vitola.
Yes, there is one about 10 blocks away. I'll pick some up before our next herf.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on January 19, 2018, 06:24:40 PM
Is there a Casa de Montecristo lounge near you Tony?  Seems about the only place to get them, and it is the only place to get the pyramide vitola.
the JR cigars in Paramus on Rt 17 North has a Casa de Montecristo.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 19, 2018, 06:31:06 PM
Is there a Casa de Montecristo lounge near you Tony?  Seems about the only place to get them, and it is the only place to get the pyramide vitola.
the JR cigars in Paramus on Rt 17 North has a Casa de Montecristo.
Yep, that's 6 miles away.
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 19, 2018, 09:13:28 PM
I made a killer mac n' cheese for the kids. Too bad I didn't try any. (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180120/6a394c7a2635ae9ecbce08f6e8191a9e.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/19/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 19, 2018, 09:54:26 PM
I made a killer mac n' cheese for the kids. Too bad I didn't try any. (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180120/6a394c7a2635ae9ecbce08f6e8191a9e.jpg)
I couldn't resist... Had to have two forkfuls. Mmmm, I done good.