CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: 7/29/2023  (Read 876 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 7/29/2023
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2023, 09:16:30 AM »

Spoiler alert.
I always start with the same word. I could make some hay by changing it up, but I'm a data guy. I play the statistics. My first guess always has two vowels.

But the first guess got me one letter, incorrectly placed. Not a good start. So I played vowels. Give me a word with my incorrectly placed letter, but two different vowels.

That got me two correctly placed letters, but only a "sometimes" vowel. The other two vowels went nowhere

At that point, there were ten possible solutions. But, knowing what I know of the game, only four. So I eliiminated the double-letter solutions for the second guess. No reason to do so, but I defer that way. That left two solutions, one of which was clearly more used than  the other. So I went with that. And...bingo.

Wordle 770 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I'm glad I was done. Please don't ever tell me what your initial guess is or it'll screw me up. As it is, I struggle to get my Wordle in each day before LTG.
I've already given you all the clues as to my first word. But you don't want to know, so you'll have to do the arithmetic if you want it.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2023, 09:17:53 AM »

Spoiler alert.
I always start with the same word. I could make some hay by changing it up, but I'm a data guy. I play the statistics. My first guess always has two vowels.

But the first guess got me one letter, incorrectly placed. Not a good start. So I played vowels. Give me a word with my incorrectly placed letter, but two different vowels.

That got me two correctly placed letters, but only a "sometimes" vowel. The other two vowels went nowhere

At that point, there were ten possible solutions. But, knowing what I know of the game, only four. So I eliiminated the double-letter solutions for the second guess. No reason to do so, but I defer that way. That left two solutions, one of which was clearly more used than  the other. So I went with that. And...bingo.

Wordle 770 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I'm glad I was done. Please don't ever tell me what your initial guess is or it'll screw me up. As it is, I struggle to get my Wordle in each day before LTG.
I don't generally try to "help." But I was still a little intoxicated, and feeling generous. I warned of the potential spoiler.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2023, 09:20:19 AM »

Spoiler alert.

Wordle 770 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I usually try to avoid posting my results until the group has had a chance, since my starting word has been discussed on multiple occasions. But I'll make a more concerted effort in the future to wait.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2023, 09:24:26 AM »

No golf this morning because of storms yesterday and overnight. In fact, course is closed today due to soggy conditions and clean up. Should be good to go tomorrow, though.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2023, 09:25:05 AM »

As much of a hardass as I can be, I don't like killing God's creatures. The Enumclaw Plateau is known for being a haven for stinging insects. Hence the high school mascots, on both sides of the river, are Hornets.

I like wasps. They are elegant creatures. Vicious, but elegant. We get along most of the time. I stay out of their way, and they do some serious pest control in the garden. Win-win.

But this year the Harley hasn't left the carport, and the little buggers decided to build a condo under it. I get it, opportunity and all. But they took liberties, and got all defensive when the nephews happened to walk by. So, I had to evict, but they don't take to eviction politely, and that meant I had to get calculatedly homicidal. I went biological on them. But they aren't pacifists,  so a bioterror war ensued.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2023, 09:28:05 AM »

Spoiler alert.

Wordle 770 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I usually try to avoid posting my results until the group has had a chance, since my starting word has been discussed on multiple occasions. But I'll make a more concerted effort in the future to wait.
Yeah, I'm sorry. I warned of the potential spoiler. I should have just left it alone.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2023, 09:31:59 AM »

As much of a hardass as I can be, I don't like killing God's creatures. The Enumclaw Plateau is known for being a haven for stinging insects. Hence the high school mascots, on both sides of the river, are Hornets.

I like wasps. They are elegant creatures. Vicious, but elegant. We get along most of the time. I stay out of their way, and they do some serious pest control in the garden. Win-win.

But this year the Harley hasn't left the carport, and the little buggers decided to build a condo under it. I get it, opportunity and all. But they took liberties, and got all defensive when the nephews happened to walk by. So, I had to evict, but they don't take to eviction politely, and that meant I had to get calculatedly homicidal.
I don't feel good about it either but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2023, 09:41:21 AM »

But this year the Harley hasn't left the carport, and the little buggers decided to build a condo under it. I get it, opportunity and all. But they took liberties, and got all defensive when the nephews happened to walk by. So, I had to evict, but they don't take to eviction politely, and that meant I had to get calculatedly homicidal.
I don't feel good about it either but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
They really are beautiful creatures, so long as you don't get into a confrontation with them. I'm cool with that. They, on the other hand, tend to have a chip on their shoulder. It's unfortunate.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2023, 09:42:59 AM »

Spoiler alert.

Wordle 770 3/6

🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Yeah, I'm sorry. I warned of the potential spoiler. I should have just left it alone.
Yours was fine, you said spoiler alert, so I avoided reading your post before taking my turn. And clearly, I didn't have any help based on my results. Lol

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2023, 09:44:12 AM »

But this year the Harley hasn't left the carport, and the little buggers decided to build a condo under it. I get it, opportunity and all. But they took liberties, and got all defensive when the nephews happened to walk by. So, I had to evict, but they don't take to eviction politely, and that meant I had to get calculatedly homicidal. I went biological on them. But they aren't pacifists,  so a bioterror war ensued.
All bets are off if they do that.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2023, 09:53:35 AM »

Yeah, I mean...I believe in the circle of life. I've stood in the wilds of Montana and thanked the Great Spirit and the spirit of the deer I'd killed. Y'know? I'm not an asshole, despite evidence to the contrary and that I voted for Trump a coupla times. I understand that all God's chillun got a role to play, and not all of them can play nice at all times.

I just can't have them attacking my nephews.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2023, 10:02:00 AM »

Yeah, I mean...I believe in the circle of life. I've stood in the wilds of Montana and thanked the Great Spirit and the spirit of the deer I'd killed. Y'know? I'm not an asshole, despite evidence to the contrary and that I voted for Trump a coupla times. I understand that all God's chillun got a role to play, and not all of them can play nice at all times.

I just can't have them attacking my nephews.
I understand. That's why I tried every non-lethal method the internet had to offer when I had the issue with the chipmunks. I had no desire to kill them, but I can't have them tunneling under my entire backyard and who knows what else.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2023, 10:18:00 AM »

I had an issue with carpenter bees and they eventually won the war. That's why I'm taking the playhouse down now. Much of the wood has become unsafe for the kids to play on. Plus my kids have outgrown the thing. The worst part is that I can't burn the pressurized wood and disposing of it as a hazardous material is a huge pain in the ass.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2023, 10:33:19 AM »

I had an issue with carpenter bees and they eventually won the war. That's why I'm taking the playhouse down now. Much of the wood has become unsafe for the kids to play on. Plus my kids have outgrown the thing. The worst part is that I can't burn the pressurized wood and disposing of it as a hazardous material is a huge pain in the ass.
That's a tough one. How do you have to dispose of it?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2023, 10:54:25 AM »

That's a tough one. How do you have to dispose of it?

And why can't you just have a backyard fire?

I know, I know...local regulations and all, and a concern for the environment. But Jayzus...you do know that the environment is most impacted by industry, right?

You're not going to significantly harm the environment by burning down the kids' playground.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5