Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2015, 06:09:19 PM »

Nice little park with a waterfall they have here.  Many more women than I would have expected.

...Very cool Tony.
Hiya Craig.  Nice that such a sanctuary exists in this day and age.

« Reply #181 on: May 22, 2015, 06:10:18 PM »

This sounds right up your alley Tony!

Try to order "pork roll" in most of the country and you'll probably get a blank stare. But in New Jersey, pork roll is a staple at diners, restaurants and food trucks from Cape May to the Meadowlands. And this unsung meat product is now the star of not one, but two competing festivals on Saturday in Trenton.

To the untrained eye, pork roll looks like Canadian bacon. But New Jersey residents know better.

"It's like Spam meets bacon — but with a whole other set of spices that we don't know anything about," says Maggie Kowalski, of Bayonne, N.J. "We just have to accept that. And we do."

« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2015, 06:11:22 PM »

Nice little park with a waterfall they have here.  Many more women than I would have expected.

Looks nice!
This pic makes it seem empty but there are about 50 people here and I would guess about 20% women.

« Reply #183 on: May 22, 2015, 06:15:25 PM »

Nice little park with a waterfall they have here.  Many more women than I would have expected.

Looks nice!
This pic makes it seem empty but there are about 50 people here and I would guess about 20% women.
I thought it looked like a pretty nice gathering of folks.

« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2015, 06:26:03 PM »

Nice little park with a waterfall they have here.  Many more women than I would have expected.

Looks nice!
This pic makes it seem empty but there are about 50 people here and I would guess about 20% women.
Mostly cigars or cigarettes?

« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2015, 06:29:13 PM »

This sounds right up your alley Tony!

Try to order "pork roll" in most of the country and you'll probably get a blank stare. But in New Jersey, pork roll is a staple at diners, restaurants and food trucks from Cape May to the Meadowlands. And this unsung meat product is now the star of not one, but two competing festivals on Saturday in Trenton.

To the untrained eye, pork roll looks like Canadian bacon. But New Jersey residents know better.

"It's like Spam meets bacon — but with a whole other set of spices that we don't know anything about," says Maggie Kowalski, of Bayonne, N.J. "We just have to accept that. And we do."
Very regional product.  Up Tony's way and in NYC it's probably Taylor Ham which is a poor cousin.  Actually Taylor ham is now available in much of the country.  Here in Trenton, the two products are Taylor and Case pork roll.  I prefer Case myself.

« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2015, 06:51:19 PM »

I met Bill Paley from La Palina, very cool guy.

« Reply #187 on: May 22, 2015, 06:52:09 PM »

Nice little park with a waterfall they have here.  Many more women than I would have expected.

Looks nice!
This pic makes it seem empty but there are about 50 people here and I would guess about 20% women.
Mostly cigars or cigarettes?
Haven't seen one cigarette while I was here.
(Edit)  I stand corrected.  One of the ladies lit one after she was done with her cigar.

« Reply #188 on: May 22, 2015, 07:03:50 PM »

Also met up with the the J. Fuego rep and he handed me a 777 connie, which is relatively new.

« Reply #189 on: May 22, 2015, 07:10:36 PM »

Nice little park with a waterfall they have here.  Many more women than I would have expected.

Looks nice!
This pic makes it seem empty but there are about 50 people here and I would guess about 20% women.
Mostly cigars or cigarettes?
Haven't seen one cigarette while I was here.
(Edit)  I stand corrected.  One of the ladies lit one after she was done with her cigar.
We will let you slide on that one. :)

« Reply #190 on: May 22, 2015, 07:25:12 PM »

Nice little park with a waterfall they have here.  Many more women than I would have expected.

Looks nice!
This pic makes it seem empty but there are about 50 people here and I would guess about 20% women.
Mostly cigars or cigarettes?
Haven't seen one cigarette while I was here.
(Edit)  I stand corrected.  One of the ladies lit one after she was done with her cigar.
We will let you slide on that one. :)

« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2015, 08:48:26 PM »

I met Bill Paley from La Palina, very cool guy.

Ask Bill for any job leads?

« Reply #192 on: May 23, 2015, 12:27:24 AM »

ANTNEE!  Flip me!
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]