CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: 5/10/2021  (Read 3003 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 5/10/2021
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2021, 07:25:53 AM »

Sun is actually out here, a welcome change after the last 2 days. Did I mention we actually got a bit of snow yesterday? Because of course we did.
That's nuts. We have been getting rain but that is expected this time of year. The temps are very reasonable. Although it is still a bit cool in the mornings and the furnace definitely kicks in.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2021, 07:33:49 AM »

And with that, we made it to Page 2. Not too shabby.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2021, 07:37:37 AM »

One of my neighbors, kid's coach, and friend passed away on Thursday. Massive heart attack and his 2nd daughter tried like crazy to resuscitate him but he didn't make it. This guy was in great shape but smoked cigarettes like a chimney. He was only 53. I'll be making my way to his wake later this afternoon. RIP Frank.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2021, 07:41:00 AM »

One of my neighbors, kid's coach, and friend passed away on Thursday. Massive heart attack and his 2nd daughter tried like crazy to resuscitate him but he didn't make it. This guy was in great shape but smoked cigarettes like a chimney. He was only 53. I'll be making my way to his wake later this afternoon. RIP Frank.
That's awful, doubly so for his daughter.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2021, 07:41:43 AM »

Sun is actually out here, a welcome change after the last 2 days. Did I mention we actually got a bit of snow yesterday? Because of course we did.
That's nuts. We have been getting rain but that is expected this time of year. The temps are very reasonable. Although it is still a bit cool in the mornings and the furnace definitely kicks in.
I hadn't heard anything predicting snow, was just supposed to be rain. Guess it got just cold enough to change it over. Only stuck to some cars though, nothing on the ground or even in the yard.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2021, 07:57:15 AM »

Wife and three daughters. Really great guy. But the middle daughter will never shake that image. So sad.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2021, 07:58:17 AM »

I hadn't heard anything predicting snow, was just supposed to be rain. Guess it got just cold enough to change it over. Only stuck to some cars though, nothing on the ground or even in the yard.
I finally buried the snow shovels. Let's hope I wasn't premature.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2021, 08:09:21 AM »

Wife and three daughters. Really great guy. But the middle daughter will never shake that image. So sad.
That's what I mean, she'll carry that with her forever, unfortunately.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2021, 08:09:30 AM »

We all hope that. :D

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2021, 08:39:26 AM »

Have you been talking to my Mrs.?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2021, 09:13:42 AM »

No, but I have met a woman before, so it goes with the territory.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2021, 09:15:13 AM »

No, but I have met a woman before, so it goes with the territory.
Sheesh.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2021, 09:31:53 AM »

Nothing says Monday like today's JoeCigar deal...

La Perla Habana 1515 Robusto (5.0"x52) - 10 / $39.99
Well they are the AJF version at least...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2021, 09:34:06 AM »

Here we are again. Even the sun doesn't appear to want to get up on this Monday morning.
What a lazy ass.

Morning, Tony.
Good morning, Dave. Hope the weekend was kind to you.
Not too bad here. Got to the grocery store on Saturday and picked up 4 bottles of the rum I like from the distillery that is going out of business. Donuts yesterday morning for MD, then got the grocery shopping out of the way since we're going to see my parents and grandpa today non-masked for the first time since last March.

How's about you?
Need to go back next week and get four more bottles?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2021, 09:35:25 AM »

And you have Al Roker visiting to boot!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6