« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2015, 10:42:39 AM »

Dang, these hotdogs were $30 last jam.  Sheesh.
Heard that Dave likes them so jacked up the price.
Story of my life.

« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2015, 10:47:44 AM »

Dang, these hotdogs were $30 last jam.  Sheesh.
Heard that Dave likes them so jacked up the price.
Story of my life.
Sounds like a song

« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2015, 10:52:51 AM »

Dang, these hotdogs were $30 last jam.  Sheesh.
Heard that Dave likes them so jacked up the price.
Story of my life.
Sounds like a song
Work some commie Budweiser in there and you've got a hit.

« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2015, 10:54:13 AM »

Dang, these hotdogs were $30 last jam.  Sheesh.
Might've been the robustos, those are $30.
Yep, looked it up, it was a sis daily deal, 10 ea toro for $29.99
Damn that sis!
Tried to make it up on the Drew Estates Smoking Monks that the sis was asking $3 more per 5er than CI.

« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2015, 10:55:43 AM »

It's not Cigar Aficionado, but Stogie guys top cigars for 2014 are:

Tatuaje 10th Anniversary Bon Chasseur: This fat robusto was called a “remarkable smoke” and “simply one of the best new releases in recent memory,” by Patrick A.

Tatuaje Black Corona Gorda: Joey J found the flavors in this 2013 re-release “intense and varied… full-flavored all the way down to the nub.”

RoMa Craft Intemperance BA XXI A.W.S. IV: Patrick A’s other five-stogie cigar. He wrote of its “tremendous” balance, noting that the Lonsdale was “a joy to smoke.”

La Palina Collection Mr. Sam Robusto: After starting as a limited edition, Mr. Sam was added to the regular line and Patrick S called it “an impressive cigar full of flavor… that will be enjoyed by all types of cigar smokers.

Paul Garmirian Reserva Exclusiva Churchill: This quickly became my “newest favorite cigar,” an incredibly pleasing stick that displayed “subtlety and complexity.”

« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2015, 10:56:00 AM »

Dang, these hotdogs were $30 last jam.  Sheesh.
Heard that Dave likes them so jacked up the price.
Story of my life.
Sounds like a song
Work some commie Budweiser in there and you've got a hit.
A hit in France, Belgium or some other euro-commie country maybe, but not in 'murica.

« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2015, 10:56:43 AM »

With the following follow up's:

RoMa Craft Aquitaine Mode 5: “At $7, the Aquitaine Mode 5 is an incredible buy.”

Drew Estate Nirvana Toro: “There is something to love here for everyone.”

E.P. Carrillo 5th Year Anniversary Limitada: “It characterizes the best of E.P. Carrillo: flavorful, complex, and affordable.”

God of Fire Don Carlos 2009 Robusto: “I may only light up a God of Fire by Don Carlos cigar a few times a year, but when I do it’s always special and worth the high price.”

Illusione *R* Rothchildes: “This small, value-priced Illusione is outstanding.”

Illusione Epernay L’Excellence: “Illusione makes some very fine cigars, but the Epernay line is the pinnacle—Giolito’s highest achievement.”

Joya Red Robusto: “The Robusto is classic with traditional tastes and plenty of balance and complexity.”

L’Atelier Imports LAT46 Selection Spéciale: “At the midway point it becomes clear this is a complex, balanced cigar with lots to offer (especially to attentive smokers).”

My Father No. 1: The second time this cigar scored a four-and-a-half-stogie rating. “No simple sledgehammer. It has the subtlety and nuance that seasoned cigar smokers look for in cigars in this price range.”

Partagas Benji Homage Toro: “If you’re a fan of bold boutique smokes, check out the Homage.”

Reinado Grand Empire Reserve Ecuador Edition Petit Lancero: “One of the best Ecuadorian Connecticut-wrapped smokes I’ve had in a long time.”

Tatuaje The Jekyll: “The Jekyll is an excellent, well-balanced smoke that’s well worth the $13 price and worthy of the Monster Series name.”

Tatuaje Pudgy Monster Tiff: “It’s dominated by sweet creaminess, along with roasted nut and woodiness, and hints of paper, graham, and spice.”

Viaje Oro Reserva VOR Aficionado: “A special spice-forward, interesting cigar worth finding.”

Drew Estate Herrera Estelí Piramide Fino: “This is an outstanding belicoso… a truly wonderful value at $10.”

« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2015, 10:58:09 AM »

[...]

Cool, I'll watch for them on today's jam   :D

« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2015, 10:58:51 AM »

Hey Mr Bean, have you decided on what Day you plan to attend the CF 15?  I am seriously thinking about making the trip and at least going to pre resgister or whatever they call it.

« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2015, 11:00:21 AM »

12 Ramon Bueso Genesis the Project Toro (6.0 x 50)
         10/32.50
11 Oliva Serie "V" Torpedo (6.0 x 56)
          5/29.50
10 Diesel Hair of the Dog Toro (6.0 x 50)
        10/34.99
 9 Sam Leccia Luchador El Hombre (Robusto)  (5.0 x 54)
          5/27.50
 8 EP Carrillo New Wave Robusto (5.0 x 50)
         10/29.99
 7 AVO Robusto (5.0"x50)
          5/25.00
 6 H. Upmann Media Noche Robusto (5.0"x54)
         10/37.50
 5 Nica Rustica by Drew Estate El Brujito (Toro)
          5/25.00
 4 La Perla Habana White Pearl Robusto (5.0"x52)
         10/29.59
 3 Tatuaje Tattoo
          5/19.99
 2 Man O' War
         10/34.99
 1 Drew Estate Tabak Especial Limited
          5/24.50

« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2015, 11:00:47 AM »

[...]

I am on top of this list - smoked both  #1 & #2 (personaly I think 2 is better than 1 but both outstanding) but can't say i have ever even heard of 3-5, news travels slow down here I guess.

« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2015, 11:03:30 AM »

[...]

Do that, they should be up any moment now.

« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2015, 11:08:35 AM »

2 hour meeting done and I sure feel enlightened can't wait for th next one at 12:00.  But the one at 2:00 is a retirement seminar so that one I will stay awake at!

« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2015, 11:10:01 AM »

[...]

Probably right after the Short Stories and the New Worlds.

« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2015, 11:11:22 AM »

Hey Mr Bean, have you decided on what Day you plan to attend the CF 15?  I am seriously thinking about making the trip and at least going to pre resgister or whatever they call it.
I figure I'll be in the area that week for work already so signed up for the Friday ticket.  May also stay for Saturday.  Wouldn't want any BOTL's to miss out on meeting me.   ;)