« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2015, 01:21:29 PM »

Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Just woke up.  Lurking again now. ;-)  Morning, muchachos.  Think I'll venture out today for the first time since this round of surgery.  The sutures aren't stinging and I'm back to the shoulder hurting more than the leg.  Thinking I'll attend the weekly herf with the Consortium, which I get to do so rarely anymore.

« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2015, 01:24:19 PM »

I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.

« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2015, 01:24:20 PM »

Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Just woke up.  Lurking again now. ;-)  Morning, muchachos.  Think I'll venture out today for the first time since this round of surgery.  The sutures aren't stinging and I'm back to the shoulder hurting more than the leg.  Thinking I'll attend the weekly herf with the Consortium, which I get to do so rarely anymore.
Sounds good. Keep those pain meds handy.

« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2015, 01:27:05 PM »

Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Just woke up.  Lurking again now. ;-)  Morning, muchachos.  Think I'll venture out today for the first time since this round of surgery.  The sutures aren't stinging and I'm back to the shoulder hurting more than the leg.  Thinking I'll attend the weekly herf with the Consortium, which I get to do so rarely anymore.
Sounds good. Keep those pain meds handy.
Yup.  Just in case I find some folks who want to buy the extras - so I can buy more cigars.   ;D
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/2/2015
« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2015, 01:28:06 PM »

Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Just woke up.  Lurking again now. ;-)  Morning, muchachos.  Think I'll venture out today for the first time since this round of surgery.  The sutures aren't stinging and I'm back to the shoulder hurting more than the leg.  Thinking I'll attend the weekly herf with the Consortium, which I get to do so rarely anymore.
Now that sounds like a nice way to get out of the house... :)

« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2015, 01:28:32 PM »

Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Just woke up.  Lurking again now. ;-)  Morning, muchachos.  Think I'll venture out today for the first time since this round of surgery.  The sutures aren't stinging and I'm back to the shoulder hurting more than the leg.  Thinking I'll attend the weekly herf with the Consortium, which I get to do so rarely anymore.
Sounds good. Keep those pain meds handy.
Yup.  Just in case I find some folks who want to buy the extras - so I can buy more cigars.   ;D
Win/win.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/2/2015
« Reply #156 on: January 02, 2015, 01:32:19 PM »

I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.
Do you use a double edged safety razor...?

« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2015, 01:33:16 PM »

Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Just woke up.  Lurking again now. ;-)  Morning, muchachos.  Think I'll venture out today for the first time since this round of surgery.  The sutures aren't stinging and I'm back to the shoulder hurting more than the leg.  Thinking I'll attend the weekly herf with the Consortium, which I get to do so rarely anymore.
Glad to hear you're on the mend.  This Consortium of which you speak sounds muy importante.  ;)

« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2015, 01:34:31 PM »

For the record, BD, this is the set-up I just got. Had to replace the one I got in 2013 cause the handle was plastic and broke. This one is metal, so should last a blong time.  http://alturl.com/jwaq6
Though, to be fair, I haven't used it yet, so I can't speak to how well it works. But it's a sharp blade on a stick, it should be fine.
As long as it doesn't say Gurkha on it you should be OK.
I think I must've accidentally kicked Mark's dog today. Sheesh! ;)
Cutting remark.

« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2015, 01:35:23 PM »

Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Just woke up.  Lurking again now. ;-)  Morning, muchachos.  Think I'll venture out today for the first time since this round of surgery.  The sutures aren't stinging and I'm back to the shoulder hurting more than the leg.  Thinking I'll attend the weekly herf with the Consortium, which I get to do so rarely anymore.
Good to see ya Raz!

« Reply #160 on: January 02, 2015, 01:37:00 PM »

I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.
Do you use a double edged safety razor...?
Yeah, a Merkur.  And I like the Persona blades and Proraso soap.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/2/2015
« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2015, 01:45:15 PM »

I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.
Do you use a double edged safety razor...?
Yeah, a Merkur.  And I like the Persona blades and Proraso soap.
Thanks... I was just looking at the Merkur on Amazon.

« Reply #162 on: January 02, 2015, 01:46:08 PM »

I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.
Do you use a double edged safety razor...?
Yeah, a Merkur.  And I like the Persona blades and Proraso soap.
Thanks... I was just looking at the Merkur on Amazon.
Just added those items to my wish list so I don't forget about em - thanks Raz!

« Reply #163 on: January 02, 2015, 01:55:59 PM »

Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Just woke up.  Lurking again now. ;-)  Morning, muchachos.  Think I'll venture out today for the first time since this round of surgery.  The sutures aren't stinging and I'm back to the shoulder hurting more than the leg.  Thinking I'll attend the weekly herf with the Consortium, which I get to do so rarely anymore.
Glad to hear you're on the mend.  This Consortium of which you speak sounds muy importante.  ;)
About the same quality of company as hanging here, and no, I'm not being ironic.  ;-)  It's called the Spurgeon/Lewis Consortium, after C.H. Spurgeon and C.S. Lewis, and it was formed by my dad (the Reverend).  He describes it as a loose affiliation of local Pastors, Pilots and Theologues (I would fall into the latter category) who gather to smoke cigars, drink, and discuss great ideas.  Membership is by invitation.  The Consortium currently consists of 3 pastors, three retired airline pilots, a Microsoft mucky-up, a pretty highly-placed Boeing engineer, a heavy equipment distributor, and myself.  Guests are welcome by invitation of any member, provided they are intelligent, thick-skinned, smoke cigars and have a Y-chromosome.  There are no dues, save donations of liquor, wine, or port to the general welfare. Frequently, we drink what Pilot Dave brings - he makes fabulous wine and port, and also allegedly makes good alleged moonshine with his alleged still...allegedly.

« Reply #164 on: January 02, 2015, 01:57:41 PM »

[...]
Sounds like a good place to hang out.