« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2015, 10:22:44 AM »

Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2015, 10:25:53 AM »

well my plans changed, just got invited out for lunch at a Cuban restaurant in Dunnellon.
I suggest the Ropa Vieja with arroz moro and tostones.  If you're really hungry, grab a papa rellena too.  And you'll have to drink an Iron Beer (non alcoholic) with that.  Happy new year, Deano!
good morning Tony and thanks for the advise. I'll pass on the non-alcoholic beer though, kind of like going to a whore house to listen to the piano player, makes no sense.

« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2015, 10:28:52 AM »

well my plans changed, just got invited out for lunch at a Cuban restaurant in Dunnellon.
I suggest the Ropa Vieja with arroz moro and tostones.  If you're really hungry, grab a papa rellena too.  And you'll have to drink an Iron Beer (non alcoholic) with that.  Happy new year, Deano!
good morning Tony and thanks for the advise. I'll pass on the non-alcoholic beer though, kind of like going to a whore house to listen to the piano player, makes no sense.
It's nothing at all like beer.  It's more like a cream soda.  It's just called that.  However, my second choice would be Jupiña, which is a pineapple soda.  I'm not really a soda guy but it just sorta goes with the Cuban food.

« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2015, 10:29:08 AM »

Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
fishing or catching? I'm told there's a difference.
Fishing - activity to get away from society while trying to catch fish
Catching - getting away from society and catching fish
:)

« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2015, 10:29:13 AM »

Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
I dont, but I wish I could.  Too tight of an area without any ventilation.

We are in something like this:

« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2015, 10:30:07 AM »

Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
LOL +1

« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2015, 10:32:18 AM »

Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
I dont, but I wish I could.  Too tight of an area without any ventilation.

We are in something like this:
What?  I see windows.

« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2015, 10:33:51 AM »

Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
I dont, but I wish I could.  Too tight of an area without any ventilation.

We are in something like this:

Guess you can't fart either so you freeze your ass off, can't smoke, don't eat most of what you catch if you do catch anything and can't fart.  Sounds great!

« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2015, 10:37:41 AM »

Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
I dont, but I wish I could.  Too tight of an area without any ventilation.

We are in something like this:
Guess you can't fart either so you freeze your ass off, can't smoke, don't eat most of what you catch if you do catch anything and can't fart.  Sounds great!
I wouldn't advise farting because you're wearing so many clothes it's just gonna sneak up  the front of you and land in your mouth.

« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2015, 10:41:48 AM »

Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
I dont, but I wish I could.  Too tight of an area without any ventilation.

We are in something like this:

Watched Grumpy Old Men movie and their hut looked nothing like that.  Tim the Tool man and Al had a much nicer facility too, you boys need to step it up. ;D

« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2015, 10:44:05 AM »

Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
I dont, but I wish I could.  Too tight of an area without any ventilation.

We are in something like this:
What?  I see windows.
It's clear plastic with the tarp down, to block the light.  Amazing how bright the sun is with all that white around it.

« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2015, 10:50:38 AM »

Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
I dont, but I wish I could.  Too tight of an area without any ventilation.

We are in something like this:

Guess you can't fart either so you freeze your ass off, can't smoke, don't eat most of what you catch if you do catch anything and can't fart.  Sounds great!
It's probably 65deg in there with a heater, we use the Mr. Buddys.  Farting is all good, it doesn't leave your insulated bibs - so usually you just choke yourself out as it creeps up.  We probably catch 1/3 walleye/pike/pan, so it's not too bad.

« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2015, 10:51:45 AM »

Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
I dont, but I wish I could.  Too tight of an area without any ventilation.

We are in something like this:

Watched Grumpy Old Men movie and their hut looked nothing like that.  Tim the Tool man and Al had a much nicer facility too, you boys need to step it up. ;D
These popups are around $150-450 based on occupancy, 2-8ppl.  The trailers are $15-25k...slight price difference ;)  They are nice though - beds, tv, etc

« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2015, 11:00:01 AM »

Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
I dont, but I wish I could.  Too tight of an area without any ventilation.

We are in something like this:

Watched Grumpy Old Men movie and their hut looked nothing like that.  Tim the Tool man and Al had a much nicer facility too, you boys need to step it up. ;D
These popups are around $150-450 based on occupancy, 2-8ppl.  The trailers are $15-25k...slight price difference ;)  They are nice though - beds, tv, etc
Yeah hard to justify $15-25k to fish a couple of days a year.

« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2015, 11:00:25 AM »

It's probably 65deg in there with a heater, we use the Mr. Buddys.  Farting is all good, it doesn't leave your insulated bibs - so usually you just choke yourself out as it creeps up.  We probably catch 1/3 walleye/pike/pan, so it's not too bad.
That's what I said three posts ago.  Sheesh.