CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: 12/30/2014  (Read 41987 times)

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 12/30/2014
« Reply #225 on: December 30, 2014, 07:19:35 PM »

Home from the hospital. All went well and the doctor says I should be clear for full weight on the leg in 48 hours. Can't smoke for 24 hours while the last vestiges of general anesthesia wear off. Back on Oxy, but doctor says it should only be for a few days. There is light at the end of this tunnel.
Good news Bret.  More physical therapy?
Yeah, but doctor says we should see rapid improvement now.
yes!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #226 on: December 30, 2014, 07:21:33 PM »

Not sure you'll be able to appreciate this from the photos but saw this on the way home this evening.  There are about 3000 cans connected by strings.  I realize they're not the kind of cans you're used to seeing on here.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #227 on: December 30, 2014, 07:25:09 PM »

It may not be burning as cleanly as the Monte I smoked yesterday but much tastier, imho.

id take a Monte White first, but the V is hard to beat.
I wasn't impressed with the Monte White but the draw wasn't great either.  I'll smoke another before I pass final judgement.  But as far as flavor profile I still like the V better.  You're allowed to disagree.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #228 on: December 30, 2014, 07:31:52 PM »

Not sure you'll be able to appreciate this from the photos but saw this on the way home this evening.  There are about 3000 cans connected by strings.  I realize they're not the kind of cans you're used to seeing on here.

Interesting for sure

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #229 on: December 30, 2014, 07:35:29 PM »

It may not be burning as cleanly as the Monte I smoked yesterday but much tastier, imho.

I wasn't impressed with the Monte White but the draw wasn't great either.  I'll smoke another before I pass final judgement.  But as far as flavor profile I still like the V better.  You're allowed to disagree.
It's still Tuesday so we are required to disagree so the Monte is fabuloso and the V is over the hill.   :)Actually as I said last night I never tried a White but V's used to be a top 5 for me but they have changed and not what they use to be.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #230 on: December 30, 2014, 07:36:44 PM »

It's still Tuesday so we are required to disagree so the Monte is fabuloso and the V is over the hill.   :)Actually as I said last night I never tried a White but V's used to be a top 5 for me but they have changed and not what they use to be.
How about if it was an older/aged V?

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #231 on: December 30, 2014, 07:57:02 PM »

OK

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #232 on: December 30, 2014, 08:02:16 PM »

How about if it was an older/aged V?
Top Shelf

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #233 on: December 30, 2014, 08:37:14 PM »

I'm experimenting with a new feature that I'm excited to try at the flip.  Is it almost midnight EST?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #234 on: December 30, 2014, 08:39:47 PM »

CI delivery. Now I can post pix of my cigar purchases ;)
Were you having problems doing so, previously?
Oy, I was asking because I saw/fixed something earlier today that may have affected one's ability to post pictures.

dwgbryant

« Reply #235 on: December 30, 2014, 09:07:07 PM »

Home from the hospital. All went well and the doctor says I should be clear for full weight on the leg in 48 hours. Can't smoke for 24 hours while the last vestiges of general anesthesia wear off. Back on Oxy, but doctor says it should only be for a few days. There is light at the end of this tunnel.
great news Raz my Man.
what cigar do you have picked out for tomorrow?
;)

dwgbryant

« Reply #236 on: December 30, 2014, 09:09:40 PM »

the end to a very loooooong day. poor guy I took to the VA has lung cancer and really has no idea of how bad he has it. was told he has a 50% chance of making 15 - 20 months. I am very grateful for today.

dwgbryant

« Reply #237 on: December 30, 2014, 09:10:22 PM »

I'm experimenting with a new feature that I'm excited to try at the flip.  Is it almost midnight EST?
what year Tony?
:)

dwgbryant

« Reply #238 on: December 30, 2014, 09:10:47 PM »

sorry Chip.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #239 on: December 30, 2014, 09:54:06 PM »

CI delivery. Now I can post pix of my cigar purchases ;)
Were you having problems doing so, previously?
Oy, I was asking because I saw/fixed something earlier today that may have affected one's ability to post pictures.
no I'm still stuck on the old banter. Things move to fast here, I'm realizing I'm old and set in my ways, change is hard. I still find it hard to follow the conversations here, I can't tell who's posting. Ho, got to go, my stewed prunes are ready.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18