CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: 12/27/2014  (Read 23740 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 12/27/2014
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2014, 10:39:43 AM »

Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
Morning Fish, hell it is warmer up there than here!
I don't think it's 55 yet.  Perhaps it's projected to get there.  It's in the high 30s here at the moment and fish isn't that far south from me.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2014, 10:45:29 AM »

I just wanted to throw out my two cents with regard to today's joecigar deal... I smoked it years ago and it was like smoking air.  They used to give these out at CigarFest.  They are essentially Cusano smokes which was later purchased by Davidoff.  I guess what I'm saying is, keep your expectations low.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2014, 10:46:00 AM »

Good morning everybody. Looking forward to a couple smokes today, temp heading up to 55 and need to get the kids outside
I don't think it's 55 yet.  Perhaps it's projected to get there.  It's in the high 30s here at the moment and fish isn't that far south from me.
Fish may be reading the indoor temperature :). Only 44 here with a 20 mph north wind and the high was at 5:30 this morning.  Scattered rain around too, not an Austinacious Day as the chamber of commerce calls everything

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2014, 10:46:15 AM »

Good morning everyone...

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2014, 10:47:26 AM »

I just wanted to throw out my two cents with regard to today's joecigar deal... I smoked it years ago and it was like smoking air.  They used to give these out at CigarFest.  They are essentially Cusano smokes which was later purchased by Davidoff.  I guess what I'm saying is, keep your expectations low.
Thanks for sharing the experience, I will go one step further and keep my $ in my pocket.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2014, 10:48:03 AM »

Good morning everyone...
Morning all night Dad.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2014, 10:48:26 AM »

Fish may be reading the indoor temperature :). Only 44 here with a 20 mph north wind and the high was at 5:30 this morning.  Scattered rain around too, not an Austinacious Day as the chamber of commerce calls everything
I was about to look up "Austinacious".  Sheesh.

sfish

« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2014, 10:49:51 AM »

Good morning, fishman.  Any particular smokes on deck for today?
Just thinking about that Tony, thinking larger smokes for the nice weather but not sure yet. I have yet to try the New World so that's a possibility and the La Historia is lurking. I have a few sizable EPCs so I think one of those will work, maybe a Cardinal
In my opinion, have the La Historia after a good meal.  It wasn't an empty stomach kinda smoke for me.
I call bullshit, when is your stomach ever empty?

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2014, 10:50:14 AM »

Time to go vacuum and sweep!
Morning CG.  Vacuum?  That's women's work. :)
Right!  Wife just got done with a night shift so I guess I can let her get some sleep ;)
I understand CB... I have to do the same for my wife, except it was making her breakfast this morning.  I feel like I'm getting the best of both worlds since she sleeps all day and works all night.  It's almost like being single... :)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2014, 10:50:48 AM »

Good morning everyone...
Good morning, BD.  What were you doing babysitting so late last night?  Were the kids on a date?

sfish

« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2014, 10:51:50 AM »

Still a little muddy, but overall pretty pleasant.
For sure but my BIL has a big patio with an outdoor fireplace so we'll throw some boots on the kids and let them run around. Freakin' 6:15AM puck-drop tomorrow morning for my son...sheesh. Just means I'll have to get started early!
Is that the BIL that is really a girl?
Haha, no. That sissy was a friend of my BIL

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2014, 10:51:52 AM »

Good morning, fishman.  Any particular smokes on deck for today?
Just thinking about that Tony, thinking larger smokes for the nice weather but not sure yet. I have yet to try the New World so that's a possibility and the La Historia is lurking. I have a few sizable EPCs so I think one of those will work, maybe a Cardinal
In my opinion, have the La Historia after a good meal.  It wasn't an empty stomach kinda smoke for me.
I call bullshit, when is your stomach ever empty?
LMFAO - good call

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2014, 10:52:09 AM »

Still a little muddy, but overall pretty pleasant.
For sure but my BIL has a big patio with an outdoor fireplace so we'll throw some boots on the kids and let them run around. Freakin' 6:15AM puck-drop tomorrow morning for my son...sheesh. Just means I'll have to get started early!
Is that the BIL that is really a girl?
Haha, no. That sissy was a friend of my BIL
Oh, OK

sfish

« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2014, 10:53:38 AM »

Not a cloud in the sky here and temps will hit 55 around 2PM but you can already feel it warming and can tell it will be a nice day

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2014, 10:53:47 AM »

Good morning everyone...
Morning all night Dad.
Hello TR....  I think I'm going back to bed after I get the dishes done.  The kids just zap the energy out of me.  By the way, the photo of the granddaughter sticking stickers on you was great.  My wife thought it was funny too.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10