Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 9/3/2018 - Labor Day  (Read 2942 times)

Re: 9/3/2018 - Labor Day

you ever need teflon tape and know you have many many rolls of it somewhere but can never find it and have to make a trip to the hardware store and you know you'll be back the next time you need it?
Yep, I have done that drill more than once.
only to realize the O ring is shot.
ha

Re: 9/3/2018 - Labor Day

Good morning, Dave and Dean. Seems like you're both laboring to me. Already got us to page 2.

Re: 9/3/2018 - Labor Day

Tropical Storm Gordon has formed near the Upper Florida Keys, with maximum winds of 45 mph.  Tropical Storm Warnings are coming for portions of south Florida and the Keys in a Special Advisory to be issued by 9 am EDT.

Re: 9/3/2018 - Labor Day

Good morning, Dave and Dean. Seems like you're both laboring to me. Already got us to page 2.
Morning Mayor, is the honeymoon over yet?😂

Re: 9/3/2018 - Labor Day

you ever need teflon tape and know you have many many rolls of it somewhere but can never find it and have to make a trip to the hardware store and you know you'll be back the next time you need it?
Yep, I have done that drill more than once.
only to realize the O ring is shot.
ha
The more stuff you got the more stuff you got broken!

Special Advisory @ 8:30 EST

Re: 9/3/2018 - Labor Day

Good morning, Dave and Dean. Seems like you're both laboring to me. Already got us to page 2.
Morning Mayor, is the honeymoon over yet?
Woke up in the honeymoon sweet so I don't think so. Heading back home today though.

Re: 9/3/2018 - Labor Day

Good morning, Dave and Dean. Seems like you're both laboring to me. Already got us to page 2.
Morning Mayor, is the honeymoon over yet?
Woke up in the honeymoon sweet so I don't think so. Heading back home today though.
👍

Re: 9/3/2018 - Labor Day

Now to look for a hearty breakfast/brunch place before we leave...

Re: 9/3/2018 - Labor Day

I have been reading a book this weekend about the Florida Keys Labor Day Hurricane of 1935.  Not a well known story about such a deadly storm and also the strongest storm ever recorded in the U.S.  185 mph winds and the exact number of deaths is not really known but it is recorded at near 500.
And we're all familiar with this one.  https://www.history.com/news/how-the-galveston-hurricane-of-1900-became-the-deadliest-u-s-natural-disaster

Re: 9/3/2018 - Labor Day

Morning WeatherWatcherDave, HardwareDean, and AfterglowTony.  We have rain chances later in the week due to that TS.  Been very dry so quite welcome.

Re: 9/3/2018 - Labor Day

Happy Labor Day Tony and Mark. salad almost built.

Re: 9/3/2018 - Labor Day

I have been reading a book this weekend about the Florida Keys Labor Day Hurricane of 1935.  Not a well known story about such a deadly storm and also the strongest storm ever recorded in the U.S.  185 mph winds and the exact number of deaths is not really known but it is recorded at near 500.
And we're all familiar with this one.  https://www.history.com/news/how-the-galveston-hurricane-of-1900-became-the-deadliest-u-s-natural-disaster
An interesting thing is the Galveston hurricane was 35 years earlier when news was very limited  but most people have heard of it yet the Labor Day storm is not widely known about.

Re: 9/3/2018 - Labor Day

Tropical Storm Gordon has formed near the Upper Florida Keys, with maximum winds of 45 mph.  Tropical Storm Warnings are coming for portions of south Florida and the Keys in a Special Advisory to be issued by 9 am EDT.
yep

Re: 9/3/2018 - Labor Day

October is the month when most snowbirds do their migration from the north. The third and forth week of October you will see the biggest influx. You will have to be on your guard all the time till the end of April when they return north for the summer.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3