Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2018, 03:38:53 PM »

Lunch at Hog Heaven on the way home.  Pulled pork, fried chicken, Mac & cheese, green beans and baked beans.  Mighty damn good!

Picked up some fresh off the boat shrimp to make some shrimp pasta tomorrow.

dinner for Saturday:

Brenda Joy's Southern~Supper

Full rack of baby back ribs, 1/2 lb. of slow smoked pulled pork, 1/2 lb. of beef brisket, and one whole chicken. Served with BBQ beans, homemade slaw, southern green beans, French fries, and six pieces of garlic toast. $65.00

https://www.hardwoodsmokehouse.com/mobile/#home/index
Mine today was all you can eat for $8.00 including tea.
no shit? I'm going up there and eat.

« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2018, 03:41:10 PM »

Lunch at Hog Heaven on the way home.  Pulled pork, fried chicken, Mac & cheese, green beans and baked beans.  Mighty damn good!

Picked up some fresh off the boat shrimp to make some shrimp pasta tomorrow.

dinner for Saturday:

Brenda Joy's Southern~Supper

Full rack of baby back ribs, 1/2 lb. of slow smoked pulled pork, 1/2 lb. of beef brisket, and one whole chicken. Served with BBQ beans, homemade slaw, southern green beans, French fries, and six pieces of garlic toast. $65.00

https://www.hardwoodsmokehouse.com/mobile/#home/index
Mine today was all you can eat for $8.00 including tea.
no shit? I'm going up there and eat.
And it’s damn good too.

« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2018, 04:16:21 PM »

And for the Mayor we passed a shrimp boat and a tugboat together
Very cool. Loving all the pics.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/30/2018
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2018, 04:41:38 PM »

Hey Dave.  Sounds like a nice trip!  The food makes me hungry and I already know I'm having fried chicken from Walmart...Walmart fried chicken?  I  can't wait!
Actually I can't wait until I can do what you're doing.  3 maybe 4 more years.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/30/2018
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2018, 04:44:44 PM »

So they delivered the stand in stove, I took about 1-1/2 hrs converting it from natural gas to LP gas.  then about an hr after that, the Lowes truck comes backing back in and the same guys get out saying they'd dropped off the wrong stove.  I really wish I were imaginative enough to make this s**t up.  needless to say I disappointed them by telling them it was already hooked up.

« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2018, 04:48:15 PM »

So they delivered the stand in stove, I took about 1-1/2 hrs converting it from natural gas to LP gas.  then about an hr after that, the Lowes truck comes backing back in and the same guys get out saying they'd dropped off the wrong stove.  I really wish I were imaginative enough to make this s**t up.  needless to say I disappointed them by telling them it was already hooked up.
Wow, now that is enough to piss you off!
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/30/2018
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2018, 04:48:38 PM »

MB3 robusto on the deck with a glass of carbonated water.  humid, but not oppressive.

« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2018, 04:49:05 PM »

Hey Dave.  Sounds like a nice trip!  The food makes me hungry and I already know I'm having fried chicken from Walmart...Walmart fried chicken?  I  can't wait!
Actually I can't wait until I can do what you're doing.  3 maybe 4 more years.
Walmart fried chicken, 🤔
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/30/2018
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2018, 04:50:51 PM »

So they delivered the stand in stove, I took about 1-1/2 hrs converting it from natural gas to LP gas.  then about an hr after that, the Lowes truck comes backing back in and the same guys get out saying they'd dropped off the wrong stove.  I really wish I were imaginative enough to make this s**t up.  needless to say I disappointed them by telling them it was already hooked up.
Wow, now that is enough to piss you off!
Actually, after all of the nonsense they have already put us through, this was funny!  the stove's a loaner anyway since they can't seem to get the one we ordered undamaged to us.

« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2018, 04:51:23 PM »

MB3 robusto on the deck with a glass of carbonated water.  humid, but not oppressive.
Decided on an AJF Bellas Artes maduro and some seltzer for the walk home.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/30/2018
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2018, 04:51:52 PM »

Hey Dave.  Sounds like a nice trip!  The food makes me hungry and I already know I'm having fried chicken from Walmart...Walmart fried chicken?  I  can't wait!
Actually I can't wait until I can do what you're doing.  3 maybe 4 more years.
Walmart fried chicken, 🤔
Yeah, right...  My sister's idea.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/30/2018
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2018, 04:54:04 PM »

MB3 robusto on the deck with a glass of carbonated water.  humid, but not oppressive.
Decided on an AJF Bellas Artes maduro and some seltzer for the walk home.
Nice Tony! Sounds good!  I bought one of those Soda Stream carbonators and find I drink a lot more water now that I use it.  the seltzer seems to quench better, and it's not as bland as plain water.

« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2018, 04:57:56 PM »

And for the Mayor we passed a shrimp boat and a tugboat together
A tug or two a week keeps the Mayor balanced.

« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2018, 04:58:32 PM »

In the man cave with a Chief Cool Arrow.

« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2018, 05:02:59 PM »

MB3 robusto on the deck with a glass of carbonated water.  humid, but not oppressive.
Decided on an AJF Bellas Artes maduro and some seltzer for the walk home.
I have not smoked an MB3 in ages, might dig one up this week.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8