Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2018, 09:13:28 AM »

Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/30/2018
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2018, 09:21:32 AM »

Now I'm giving consideration to what cigar I might smoke on the way home. Perhaps an RP Decade Cameroon?
Like those!  good morning Tony and all!

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2018, 09:21:58 AM »

Now I'm giving consideration to what cigar I might smoke on the way home. Perhaps an RP Decade Cameroon?
Like those!  good morning Tony and all!
Morning Sam.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/30/2018
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2018, 09:24:29 AM »

Working from home today to receive another delivery for the kitchen.  have an AB Family Blend, coffee & laptop on the deck at the moment.  balmy 80 deg with about 90% humidity.  dialed into the work scene and already dealing with crises.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/30/2018
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2018, 09:29:00 AM »

We've been dealing with Lowes for the big stuff, and while they have decent products, and good prices,  getting the stuff actually to your door intact seems to be just beyond their reach.  we are on our 3rd stove delivery.  not THIS particular delivery, after the last stove delivery went bust with a damaged appliance, I called the manager and re-raised the roof (not the 1st time on this project) so he agreed to bring me a stove to use while they actually figure out how to get an undamaged one to me.  Wait until they get my bill for all of the dinners we had to order out and the time we have both spent waiting for them to bring damaged appliances to us.

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2018, 09:34:15 AM »

Now I'm giving consideration to what cigar I might smoke on the way home. Perhaps an RP Decade Cameroon?
Another solid choice. How far is the walk to the bus stop?
Today, I ran it in 15 minutes because I didn't want to be late for a meeting with my colleagues in The Hague. A leisurely stroll takes about 35 minutes. When I smoke, I take a circuitous route and it therefore varies depending on how long it takes for me to finish. On average, it's a 25 minute walk.

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2018, 09:35:24 AM »

Morning Dave and Tony.  Sorry to hear about the soft and spongy stick.  Hate when that happens.
It happens. Good morning, Mark.

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2018, 09:36:31 AM »

good morning guts. pleasant weather here, good enough to turn,off the a/c and open all the windows. been hot rubbing all morning. cigar # 1 lit, Caldwell Eastern Standard corona and Coffee.
Good morning, Dean and Sam.

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2018, 09:38:17 AM »

Catching up was easy.

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2018, 09:42:51 AM »

We've been dealing with Lowes for the big stuff, and while they have decent products, and good prices,  getting the stuff actually to your door intact seems to be just beyond their reach.  we are on our 3rd stove delivery.  not THIS particular delivery, after the last stove delivery went bust with a damaged appliance, I called the manager and re-raised the roof (not the 1st time on this project) so he agreed to bring me a stove to use while they actually figure out how to get an undamaged one to me.  Wait until they get my bill for all of the dinners we had to order out and the time we have both spent waiting for them to bring damaged appliances to us.
damn Sam, that all really sucks.

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2018, 09:45:07 AM »

Catching up was easy.

Members: 399
good thing they don't all post.

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2018, 09:53:47 AM »

Now I'm giving consideration to what cigar I might smoke on the way home. Perhaps an RP Decade Cameroon?
Another solid choice. How far is the walk to the bus stop?
Today, I ran it in 15 minutes because I didn't want to be late for a meeting with my colleagues in The Hague. A leisurely stroll takes about 35 minutes. When I smoke, I take a circuitous route and it therefore varies depending on how long it takes for me to finish. On average, it's a 25 minute walk.
Gotcha. Helps to have all that eye candy around, I imagine.

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2018, 09:55:04 AM »

We've been dealing with Lowes for the big stuff, and while they have decent products, and good prices,  getting the stuff actually to your door intact seems to be just beyond their reach.  we are on our 3rd stove delivery.  not THIS particular delivery, after the last stove delivery went bust with a damaged appliance, I called the manager and re-raised the roof (not the 1st time on this project) so he agreed to bring me a stove to use while they actually figure out how to get an undamaged one to me.  Wait until they get my bill for all of the dinners we had to order out and the time we have both spent waiting for them to bring damaged appliances to us.
True customer service is becoming a lost art. A lot of companies these days think customer service means just having people available. They forget about actually having the ability and training to service customers.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/30/2018
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2018, 09:58:24 AM »

We've been dealing with Lowes for the big stuff, and while they have decent products, and good prices,  getting the stuff actually to your door intact seems to be just beyond their reach.  we are on our 3rd stove delivery.  not THIS particular delivery, after the last stove delivery went bust with a damaged appliance, I called the manager and re-raised the roof (not the 1st time on this project) so he agreed to bring me a stove to use while they actually figure out how to get an undamaged one to me.  Wait until they get my bill for all of the dinners we had to order out and the time we have both spent waiting for them to bring damaged appliances to us.
damn Sam, that all really sucks.
I agree, but I see the real problem as this is the "normal" state of affairs in 2018 USA.  and to sound like the old man that I am, things 20 years ago in the manufacturing/shipping world, while flawed, was still better then they are now.

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2018, 09:58:41 AM »

Now I'm giving consideration to what cigar I might smoke on the way home. Perhaps an RP Decade Cameroon?
Another solid choice. How far is the walk to the bus stop?
Today, I ran it in 15 minutes because I didn't want to be late for a meeting with my colleagues in The Hague. A leisurely stroll takes about 35 minutes. When I smoke, I take a circuitous route and it therefore varies depending on how long it takes for me to finish. On average, it's a 25 minute walk.
Gotcha. Helps to have all that eye candy around, I imagine.
It sure does. But I probably could have made it here in 10 minutes this morning without all the distractions.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8