CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: 8/30/2018  (Read 7485 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 8/30/2018
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2018, 09:13:28 AM »

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2018, 09:21:32 AM »

Now I'm giving consideration to what cigar I might smoke on the way home. Perhaps an RP Decade Cameroon?
Like those!  good morning Tony and all!

Threebean

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2018, 09:21:58 AM »

Now I'm giving consideration to what cigar I might smoke on the way home. Perhaps an RP Decade Cameroon?
Like those!  good morning Tony and all!
Morning Sam. 

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2018, 09:24:29 AM »

Working from home today to receive another delivery for the kitchen.  have an AB Family Blend, coffee & laptop on the deck at the moment.  balmy 80 deg with about 90% humidity.  dialed into the work scene and already dealing with crises.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2018, 09:29:00 AM »

We've been dealing with Lowes for the big stuff, and while they have decent products, and good prices,  getting the stuff actually to your door intact seems to be just beyond their reach.  we are on our 3rd stove delivery.  not THIS particular delivery, after the last stove delivery went bust with a damaged appliance, I called the manager and re-raised the roof (not the 1st time on this project) so he agreed to bring me a stove to use while they actually figure out how to get an undamaged one to me.  Wait until they get my bill for all of the dinners we had to order out and the time we have both spent waiting for them to bring damaged appliances to us.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2018, 09:34:15 AM »

Another solid choice. How far is the walk to the bus stop?
Today, I ran it in 15 minutes because I didn't want to be late for a meeting with my colleagues in The Hague. A leisurely stroll takes about 35 minutes. When I smoke, I take a circuitous route and it therefore varies depending on how long it takes for me to finish. On average, it's a 25 minute walk.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2018, 09:35:24 AM »

Morning Dave and Tony.  Sorry to hear about the soft and spongy stick.  Hate when that happens.
It happens. Good morning, Mark.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2018, 09:36:31 AM »

good morning guts. pleasant weather here, good enough to turn,off the a/c and open all the windows. been hot rubbing all morning. cigar # 1 lit, Caldwell Eastern Standard corona and Coffee.
Good morning, Dean and Sam.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2018, 09:38:17 AM »

Catching up was easy.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2018, 09:42:51 AM »

We've been dealing with Lowes for the big stuff, and while they have decent products, and good prices,  getting the stuff actually to your door intact seems to be just beyond their reach.  we are on our 3rd stove delivery.  not THIS particular delivery, after the last stove delivery went bust with a damaged appliance, I called the manager and re-raised the roof (not the 1st time on this project) so he agreed to bring me a stove to use while they actually figure out how to get an undamaged one to me.  Wait until they get my bill for all of the dinners we had to order out and the time we have both spent waiting for them to bring damaged appliances to us.
damn Sam, that all really sucks.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2018, 09:45:07 AM »

Catching up was easy.

Members: 399
good thing they don't all post.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2018, 09:53:47 AM »

Today, I ran it in 15 minutes because I didn't want to be late for a meeting with my colleagues in The Hague. A leisurely stroll takes about 35 minutes. When I smoke, I take a circuitous route and it therefore varies depending on how long it takes for me to finish. On average, it's a 25 minute walk.
Gotcha. Helps to have all that eye candy around, I imagine.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2018, 09:55:04 AM »

True customer service is becoming a lost art. A lot of companies these days think customer service means just having people available. They forget about actually having the ability and training to service customers.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2018, 09:58:24 AM »

damn Sam, that all really sucks.
I agree, but I see the real problem as this is the "normal" state of affairs in 2018 USA.  and to sound like the old man that I am, things 20 years ago in the manufacturing/shipping world, while flawed, was still better then they are now.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2018, 09:58:41 AM »

Gotcha. Helps to have all that eye candy around, I imagine.
It sure does. But I probably could have made it here in 10 minutes this morning without all the distractions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8