Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2018, 10:00:45 AM »

flip's Funny Quote of the Day
A government that robs Peter to
pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2018, 10:01:25 AM »

woo hee
Page 3

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2018, 10:01:40 AM »

good morning boys!

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2018, 10:12:37 AM »

1920 Charlie "Bird" Parker, American jazz saxophonist, born in Kansas City, Kansas (d. 1955)
1920 Joseph Lesniewski, American Easy Company, soldier in 101st Airborne, born in Erie, Pennsylvania (d. 2012)
1922 Emile Habibi, Palestinian Israeli writer (The Secret Life of Saeed the Pessoptimist), born in Haifa (d. 1996)
1922 Yorgos Sicilianos, Greek composer, born in Athens (d. 2005)
1922 Mr. Blackwell, American fashion critic, born in Brooklyn Heights, New York (d. 2000)
1923 Richard Attenborough, English actor and director (Gandhi, Jurassic Park, Young Winston), born in Cambridge, England
1926 Elizabeth "Betty" Lynn, American actress (The Andy Griffith Show), born in Kansas City, Missouri
1926 María Dolores Pradera, Spanish melodic singer and actress, born in Madrid, Spain (d. 2018)
1927 Marion Williams, American gospel singer (Stars of Faith), born in Miami, Florida (d. 1994)
1928 Charles Gray, British actor (Clay-Rawhide, Diamonds Are Forever, The Rocky Horror Picture Show), born in Bournemouth, Hampshire (d. 2000)
1928 Thomas Stewart, American bass-baritone (La Roche Capriccio), born in San Saba, Texas (d. 2006)
1929 Thom Gunn, British poet (The Wound), born in Kent, England (d. 2004)
1930 Marius van Amelsvoort, Dutch politician (CDA), born in Kaatsheuvel, the Netherlands (d. 2006)
1930 Jacques Bouchard, Canadian advertising executive, born in Montreal, Québec, Canada (d. 2006)
1931 Stelios Kazantzidis, Greek singer, born in Nea Ionia, Athens, Greece (d. 2001)
1931 Lise Payette, Quebec politician, writer and columnist, born in Verdun, Quebec, Canada
1933 Jehan Sadat, Widow of Anwar Sadat and 1st Lady of Egypt, born in Cairo, Egypt
1934 Gene Allison, American R&B-singer (You Can Make It If You Try), born in Pegram, Tennessee (d. 2004)
1934 Jean-Pierre Guezek, composer (d. 1971)
1934 John Guy, New Zealand cricketer (solid left-handed batsman for NZ in late 1950's), born in Nelson, New Zealand
1935 Hugo Brandt Corstius, Dutch essayist and mathematician, born in Eindhoven, Netherlands (d. 2014)
1935 William Friedkin, American director, producer, writer (The Exorcist, The French Connection), born in Chicago, Illinois
1937 James Florio, American politician (49th Governor of New Jersey), born in Brooklyn, New York
1938 Elliott Gould, American actor (M*A*S*H, Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice), born in Queens, New York
1938 Robert Rubin, United States Secretary of the Treasury, born in NYC, New York
1940 James Brady, U.S. press secretary (wounded during Reagan assassin attempt), born in Centralia, Illinois (d. 2014)
1940 Wim Ruska, Dutch judoka champion (Olympic gold 1972), born in Amsterdam
1940 Earl Gros, American NFL running back (Green Bay), born in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana (d. 2013)
1941 Robin Leach, TV host (Life Styles of Rich & Famous), born in London, England
1942 Sterling Morrison, American musician (Velvet Underground), born in East Meadow, New York (d. 1995)
1942 James Glennon, American cinematographer, born in Los Angeles, California (d. 2006)
1942 John Heuser, American electron microscopist, born in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania
1943 Mohamed Amin, Kenyan photojournalist, born in Eastleigh, Nairobi, Kenya (d. 1996)
1943 Richard Halligan, American rock vocalist (Blood Sweat & Tears), born in Troy, New York
1945 Chris Copping, English rock bassist (Procol Harum), born in Middleton, Lancashire, England
1945 Wyomia Tyus, American 100m runner (Olympic gold 1964, 68), born in Griffin, Georgia
1946 Bob Beamon, American high jumper (Olympic gold 1968, 29' 2½" 8.9m), born in Queens, New York
1948 Charles David Walker, American engineer and astronaut (STS 12 STS 16 STS 23), born in Bedford, Indiana
1949 Peter John Wiegold, English composer, born in Ilford, Essex
1950 Mark McHale, WLAF offensive line coach (Amsterdam Admirals), born in Winchester, Virginia
1952 Karen Hesse, American children's book writer (Out of the Dust), born in Baltimore, Maryland
1953 Rick Downey, American rock drummer and vocalist (Blue Oyster Cult)
1953 Speedy Gonzales, Warner Bros. cartoon character created by Chuck Jones and Michael Maltese (Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies series), first debuts in "Cat-Tails for Two"
1954 Chet Catallo, American jazz guitarist (Spyro Gyra-Morning Dance), born in Rochester, New York
1954 Julio Fernandez, jazz guitarist (Spyro Gyra-Morning Dance), born in Havana, Cuba
1954 Michael P. Kube-McDowell, American sci-fi author (Enigma, Empery), born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1956 GG [Jesus Christ] Allin, American punk rock singer, born in Lancaster, New Hampshire (d. 1993)
1957 Pim Kops, Dutch rock musician (Dike, Bloedend Heart)
1957 Jerry D. Bailey, American Racing Hall of Fame jockey/broadcaster (Kentucky Derby 1993, 1996), born in Dallas, Texas
1958 Lenny Henry, British stand-up comedian (3 of a Kind), born in Dudley, West Midlands, England
1959 Rebecca De Mornay, American actress (Hand that Rocks Cradle), born in Santa Rosa, California
1961 Tony MacAlpine, American heavy metal rocker (Solo-Edge of Insanity), born in Springfield, Massachusetts
1962 Carl Banks, American NFL linebacker (Cleveland Browns, NY Giants), born in Flint, Michigan
1962 Hiroki Kikuta, Japanese video game composer, born in Aichi Prefecture, Japan
1963 Greg Steele, rocker (Faster Pussycat-Wake Me When It's Over)
1963 Elizabeth Fraser, Scottish singer (Cocteau Twins), born in Grangemouth, Scotland
1964 Jordi Arrese, Spanish tennis star
1965 Alphons Arts, Dutch soccer player (Go Ahead Eagles)
1965 Will Perdue, NBA center (San Antonio Spurs)
1965 Dina Spybey, American actress
1966 Dan Truman, St George Utah, singer (Diamond Rio-Meet in the Middle)
1967 Shaun Van Allen, Shaunavon, NHL center (Anaheim Mighty Ducks)
1967 Anton Newcombe, American musician (The Brian Jonestown Massacre)
1969 Jerry Simons, soccer player (Dordrecht '90, Vitesse)
1969 Me'Shell NdegéOcello, American singer
1971 Carla Gugino, American actress
1973 Devin Wyman, defensive tackle (New England Patriots)
1973 Jermane Mayberry, guard/tackle (Philadelphia Eagles)
1973 Leigh Sherer, Jasper Alabama, Miss America (Alabama-Top 10-1996)

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2018, 10:25:10 AM »

Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/29/2018
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2018, 10:38:22 AM »

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2018, 11:47:25 AM »

Good morning Tony Dean Dave & Dave.  It's Wednesday already.  (a Captain Obvious moment for everyone.)
It's still great to have someone to point it out. Morning, Sammie.
Saturday here
third Monday for me.
You both can GFY. Just yesterday Bean was saying that we haven't been doing that enough.

Did I ever mention I saw someone with that license plate in Connecticut? I found it quite enjoyable. However, he was driving like a dick.

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2018, 11:49:54 AM »

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2018, 11:56:45 AM »

Wonder how Raz' buddy is making out.

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2018, 12:14:14 PM »

Good morning Tony Dean Dave & Dave.  It's Wednesday already.  (a Captain Obvious moment for everyone.)
It's still great to have someone to point it out. Morning, Sammie.
Saturday here
third Monday for me.
You both can GFY. Just yesterday Bean was saying that we haven't been doing that enough.

Did I ever mention I saw someone with that license plate in Connecticut? I found it quite enjoyable. However, he was driving like a dick.
Guess that makes it an accurate license plate then.

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2018, 12:25:52 PM »

Good morning Tony Dean Dave & Dave.  It's Wednesday already.  (a Captain Obvious moment for everyone.)
It's still great to have someone to point it out. Morning, Sammie.
Saturday here
third Monday for me.
You both can GFY. Just yesterday Bean was saying that we haven't been doing that enough.

Did I ever mention I saw someone with that license plate in Connecticut? I found it quite enjoyable. However, he was driving like a dick.
Guess that makes it an accurate license plate then.
Sure enough. It's what made me chuckle.

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2018, 12:26:56 PM »

Boring salad for lunch today. I put back on a few pounds during the summer. Looking forward to my dessert cigar after work.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 8/29/2018
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2018, 12:59:42 PM »

Boring salad for lunch today. I put back on a few pounds during the summer. Looking forward to my dessert cigar after work.
Is there any other kind of salad?  had a GH Zulu white for lunch.  tasty.  humi time helps those.

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2018, 01:04:18 PM »

Boring salad for lunch today. I put back on a few pounds during the summer. Looking forward to my dessert cigar after work.
Is there any other kind of salad?  had a GH Zulu white for lunch.  tasty.  humi time helps those.
BOGO lunch at PF Chang’s, $11.00 total for 2 of us.  Nap 😴 time now then a cigar selection.

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2018, 01:19:37 PM »

Boring salad for lunch today. I put back on a few pounds during the summer. Looking forward to my dessert cigar after work.
Know what you're having yet? Too damn muggy here to smoke anything this week so far, even if I had time. Storm front is coming through tonight, should be cooling things down.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5