Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2018, 11:29:24 AM »

Ok I have some Timbits, by my desk this morning.  Today is Krispy Kreme's birthday, so they have
a buy a dozen donuts, get a dozen glazed donuts for $1.  There was a long line, in their Penn Station shop
this morning, and they were out of donuts!  So I stopped by Tim Horton's on my way out of Penn, and
got a couple of 40 packs of Timbits(think Dunkin munchkins).  So stop by the desk for some.

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2018, 11:51:48 AM »

Ok I have some Timbits, by my desk this morning.  Today is Krispy Kreme's birthday, so they have
a buy a dozen donuts, get a dozen glazed donuts for $1.  There was a long line, in their Penn Station shop
this morning, and they were out of donuts!  So I stopped by Tim Horton's on my way out of Penn, and
got a couple of 40 packs of Timbits(think Dunkin munchkins).  So stop by the desk for some.
I may just do that...

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2018, 11:53:36 AM »

OK, I tried image search and Google claims it's a lizard. Obviously, they got that one wrong. What say you outdoor kinda folks? This thing is the size of a small mouse.

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2018, 12:14:07 PM »

Morning BoatswainRaz.
Bo'sun my ass. I'm the damned XO.
Whatever you say Mr. Courvoisier

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2018, 12:15:46 PM »

OK, I tried image search and Google claims it's a lizard. Obviously, they got that one wrong. What say you outdoor kinda folks? This thing is the size of a small mouse.

those are cicada shells, I believe.  You only see them once ever 7 years.

What is frightening is the cicada killing wasp, which preys on them.

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2018, 12:16:12 PM »

OK, I tried image search and Google claims it's a lizard. Obviously, they got that one wrong. What say you outdoor kinda folks? This thing is the size of a small mouse.

It is the shell shed by cicada's after they emerge from the ground then the adult dries its wings and flies away to make those classic summertime sounds.

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2018, 12:20:15 PM »

OK, I tried image search and Google claims it's a lizard. Obviously, they got that one wrong. What say you outdoor kinda folks? This thing is the size of a small mouse.

those are cicada shells, I believe.  You only see them once ever 7 years.

What is frightening is the cicada killing wasp, which preys on them.
Individual periodic types of cicada's have cycles of 13 or 17 years.  Some have abbreviated cycles.  There are also annual cicadas  so every summer there are some.  It is thought that the cycles are meant as a way of starving out their predators, like the cicada killer.

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2018, 12:29:26 PM »

OK, I tried image search and Google claims it's a lizard. Obviously, they got that one wrong. What say you outdoor kinda folks? This thing is the size of a small mouse.

It's an alien invasion. Best to go hide in your safe space until you get the all clear.

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2018, 12:42:41 PM »

OK, I tried image search and Google claims it's a lizard. Obviously, they got that one wrong. What say you outdoor kinda folks? This thing is the size of a small mouse.

It's an alien invasion. Best to go hide in your safe space until you get the all clear.
This is clearly the correct answer.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 7/27/2018
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2018, 12:59:12 PM »

OK, I tried image search and Google claims it's a lizard. Obviously, they got that one wrong. What say you outdoor kinda folks? This thing is the size of a small mouse.

those are cicada shells, I believe.  You only see them once ever 7 years.

What is frightening is the cicada killing wasp, which preys on them.
Yep, Cicadas, but there is a specie that comes back every year.  The 7 year ones i've seen are smaller and orange & black striped, while the yearly ones around my way are bigger and green.  the 7 year ones come as swarms of thousands, but the yearly ones are more individual with only a handful around at a time.  good afternoon all!

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2018, 01:03:34 PM »

OK, I tried image search and Google claims it's a lizard. Obviously, they got that one wrong. What say you outdoor kinda folks? This thing is the size of a small mouse.

those are cicada shells, I believe.  You only see them once ever 7 years.

What is frightening is the cicada killing wasp, which preys on them.
Yep, Cicadas, but there is a specie that comes back every year.  The 7 year ones i've seen are smaller and orange & black striped, while the yearly ones around my way are bigger and green.  the 7 year ones come as swarms of thousands, but the yearly ones are more individual with only a handful around at a time.  good afternoon all!
Afternoon, Sam, welcome to insectbanter.com.

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2018, 01:11:16 PM »

I appreciate all the answers. Clearly, you all are better than Google.

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2018, 01:27:00 PM »

I appreciate all the answers. Clearly, you all are better than Google.
Well, duh...

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2018, 01:49:45 PM »

I appreciate all the answers. Clearly, you all are better than Google.
Well, duh...
it don't take much...

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2018, 02:02:52 PM »

I'm going to Huzzah before LTG!
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4