CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 02, 2015, 12:00:05 AM

Title: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarBanter on January 02, 2015, 12:00:05 AM
First Friday of the new year.  There are sure to be cigar deals to be found on the various internet sites.  Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Be warned, post on this site and you will catch hell from members and trolls alike.  Therefore, don't proceed if you have thin skin.  If you can accept all that, light a cigar, pour a drink and welcome aboard!

Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: IrascibleOldFool on January 02, 2015, 12:07:57 AM
Good morning everyone!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 12:11:56 AM
Good morning everyone!
Oh, and hello here too. ;-)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:11:05 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 02:20:16 AM
Good morning guys.
Hiya, Chip!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:26:20 AM
Good morning guys.
Hiya, Chip!
Looks like someone is having trouble sleeping.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:26:59 AM
Good morning guys.
Hiya, Chip!
Good morning to you!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:27:45 AM
Today is Friday, Jan. 2, the second day of 2015. There are 363 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:28:27 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On Jan. 2, 1965, New York Jets owner Sonny Werblin signed University of Alabama quarterback Joe Namath to a contract reportedly worth $427,000.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:29:06 AM

On this date:
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:29:38 AM
In 1788, Georgia became the fourth state to ratify the U.S. Constitution.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:30:14 AM

In 1893, the U.S. Postal Service issued its first commemorative stamp to honor the World's Columbian Expedition and the quadricentennial of Christopher Columbus' voyage.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:30:54 AM

In 1900, Secretary of State John Hay announced the "Open Door Policy" to facilitate trade with China.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:31:30 AM

In 1921, religious services were broadcast on radio for the first time as KDKA in Pittsburgh aired the regular Sunday service of the city's Calvary Episcopal Church.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:32:16 AM
In 1935, Bruno Hauptmann went on trial in Flemington, New Jersey, on charges of kidnapping and murdering the 20-month-old son of Charles and Anne Lindbergh. (Hauptmann was found guilty, and executed.)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:32:50 AM
In 1942, the Philippine capital of Manila was captured by Japanese forces during World War II.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:33:31 AM
In 1955, the president of Panama, Jose Antonio Remon Cantera, was assassinated.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:33:56 AM
In 1960, Sen. John F. Kennedy of Massachusetts launched his successful bid for the presidency.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:34:25 AM
In 1971, 66 people were killed in a pileup of spectators leaving a soccer match at Ibrox (EYE'-brox) Stadium in Glasgow, Scotland.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:35:12 AM
In 1974, President Richard Nixon signed legislation requiring states to limit highway speeds to 55 miles an hour as a way of conserving gasoline in the face of an OPEC oil embargo. (The 55 mph limit was effectively phased out in 1987; federal speed limits were abolished in 1995.) "Singing cowboy" star Tex Ritter died in Nashville at age 68.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:35:43 AM
In 1981, police in Sheffield, England, arrested Peter Sutcliffe, who confessed to being the "Yorkshire Ripper," the serial killer of 13 women.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:36:35 AM

In 2006, 12 miners died in a methane gas explosion at the Sago (SAY'-goh) Mine in West Virginia, but one miner, Randal McCloy Jr., was eventually rescued.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:37:09 AM
Ten years ago: NFL teams joined Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova and other sports figures around the world in assisting the relief mission for the tsunami-earthquake catastrophe in southern Asia.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:37:48 AM
Five years ago: President Barack Obama, in his weekly Internet and radio address, said an al-Qaida affiliate in Yemen apparently ordered the failed Christmas Day bombing plot against a U.S. airliner. Texas Tech rallied to beat Michigan State 41-31 in a shootout at the Alamo Bowl.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:38:27 AM
One year ago: Fifty-two passengers trapped for more than a week on an icebound Russian research ship in the Antarctic were rescued when a Chinese helicopter swooped in and plucked them from the ice a dozen at a time. In the Sugar Bowl, No. 11 Oklahoma took down third-ranked Alabama 45-31.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:38:54 AM
Today's Birthdays: Country musician Harold Bradley is 89. Singer Julius La Rosa is 85. Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert is 73. TV host Jack Hanna is 68. Actress Wendy Phillips is 63. Actress Gabrielle Carteris is 54. Movie director Todd Haynes is 54. Retired MLB All-Star pitcher David Cone is 52. Actress Tia Carrere is 48. Actor Cuba Gooding Jr. is 47. Model Christy Turlington is 46. Actor Taye Diggs is 44. Rock musician Scott Underwood (Train) is 44. Rock singer Doug Robb (Hoobastank) is 40. Actor Dax Shepard is 40. Actress Paz Vega is 39. Country musician Chris Hartman is 37. Ballroom dancer Karina Smirnoff (TV: "Dancing with the Stars") is 37. Rock musician Jerry DePizzo Jr. (O.A.R.) is 36. Rhythm-and-blues singer Kelton Kessee (IMX) is 34. Actress Kate Bosworth is 32. Actor Peter Gadiot (TV: "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland") is 30. Jazz singer-musician Trombone Shorty is 29.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:39:48 AM
Thought for Today: "You are not very good if you are not better than your best friends imagine you to be." — Johann Kaspar Lavater (LAH'-vah-tur), Swiss theologian (1741-1801).
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:40:56 AM
Hate Your Job?
-------------------------

Try this...

On your way home from work, stop at a pharmacy and purchase a rectal thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson. Be very sure to get this brand.

When you get home, lock your doors, close the blinds and take the phone off the hook so you will not be disturbed. Change into very comfortable clothing and sit in your favorite chair.

Open the package and remove the thermometer. Now, carefully place it on a table or a surface so that it will not become chipped or broken. Take out the literature and read it carefully. You will notice that in small print there is a statement....

"Every Rectal Thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson is personally tested."

Now, close your eyes and repeat out loud five times, "I am soooo glad I do not work in the thermometer quality control at Johnson & Johnson."
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:42:27 AM
Weight Loss Program
-------------------------

A guy calls a company and orders their 5-day, 10 lb. weight loss
program. The next day, there's a knock on the door and there stands
before him a voluptuous, athletic, 19 year old babe dressed in nothing
but a pair of Nike running shoes and a sign round her neck.
She introduces herself as a representative of the weight loss company. The sign reads , "If you can catch me, you can have me." Without a second thought , he takes off after her.
A few miles later, huffing and puffing, he finally catches her and has his way with her. The same girl shows up for the next four days and the same thing happens.
On the fifth day, he weighs himself and is delighted to find he has lost 10 lb. as promised.

He calls the company and orders their 5-day/20 pound program. The next day there's a knock at the door and there stands the most stunning,
beautiful, sexy woman he has ever seen in his life. She is wearing nothing but Reebok running shoes and a sign around her neck that reads, "If you catch me you can have me" Well, he's out the door after her like a shot".
This girl is in excellent shape and it takes him a while to catch her ; but when he does, it's definitely worth every muscle cramp and wheeze , so for the next four days, the same routine happens.
Much to his delight, on the fifth day he weighs himself only to discover that he has lost another 20 lb. as promised.

He decides to go for broke and calls the company to order the 7-day/50 pound program.

"Are you sure?" asks the representative on the phone. "This is our most rigorous program."

"Absolutely," he replies, "I haven't felt this good in years."

The next day there's a knock at the door; and when he opens it he finds Richard Simmons
standing there wearing nothing but pink running shoes and a sign around
his neck that reads, "If I catch you, you're mine."

Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 02:59:01 AM
Time to hit the road for work guys, enjoy your day off if you were one of the lucky ones.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 03:19:46 AM
Good morning guys.
Hiya, Chip!
Looks like someone is having trouble sleeping.
Nah, my sleeping is regulated by painkillers right now.  Been sleeping a lot of the day.  Binge watching episodes of Justifed right now.  Letting my leg heal from most recent surgery.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 05:30:22 AM
Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 05:33:46 AM
Another no smoke craphole weather day here today 37 and rain now with a high of 40.  Forecast is much better tomorrow though low 60's and sunny.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 05:42:06 AM
On the Sister Daily Deal

Tatuaje Tattoo Caballero
5 x 50
10/$40. FS
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 05:47:40 AM
Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Good morning Native.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 05:50:27 AM
Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Good morning Native.
Busy for you on the first Friday?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 05:51:35 AM
Morning all.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 05:56:12 AM
Morning all.
Good Friday Morning and a belated Happy New Year Golf.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 06:44:29 AM
Morning all.
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 06:45:07 AM
Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Good morning Native.
Busy for you on the first Friday?
About like a normal Friday I'm afraid.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 06:47:33 AM
Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Good morning Native.
Busy for you on the first Friday?
About like a normal Friday I'm afraid.
That stinks you need a break!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 07:11:19 AM
Morning Chip, Dave and Dave.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 07:32:42 AM
Morning Chip, Dave and Dave.
Happy First Friday 2015 Dave
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 07:50:28 AM
Hate Your Job?
-------------------------

Try this...

On your way home from work, stop at a pharmacy and purchase a rectal thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson. Be very sure to get this brand.

When you get home, lock your doors, close the blinds and take the phone off the hook so you will not be disturbed. Change into very comfortable clothing and sit in your favorite chair.

Open the package and remove the thermometer. Now, carefully place it on a table or a surface so that it will not become chipped or broken. Take out the literature and read it carefully. You will notice that in small print there is a statement....

"Every Rectal Thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson is personally tested."

Now, close your eyes and repeat out loud five times, "I am soooo glad I do not work in the thermometer quality control at Johnson & Johnson."

My job isn't much different.  Wonder if J&J provides lube?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 07:50:55 AM
It sure feels like a Tuesday.  Good morning, guys.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 08:00:10 AM
It sure feels like a Tuesday.  Good morning, guys.
Morning Tony, Jeez not Tuesday already  but guess that is better than Monday.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 08:07:34 AM
Good mornin beauties!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 08:08:43 AM
Good mornin beauties!
Morning and Happy New Year CG.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 08:12:36 AM
Good mornin beauties!
Morning and Happy New Year CG.
Happy New Year to you too Tex! What was/is the first smoke of 2015 going to be?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 08:14:41 AM
Good mornin beauties!
Morning and Happy New Year CG.
Happy New Year to you too Tex! What was/is the first smoke of 2015 going to be?
No idea as weather is horrible here so far this year with tomorrow offering the first promising opportunity to enjoy a smoke.   Did you enjoy a nice smoke yet?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 08:18:19 AM
Good mornin beauties!
Morning and Happy New Year CG.
Happy New Year to you too Tex! What was/is the first smoke of 2015 going to be?
No idea as weather is horrible here so far this year with tomorrow offering the first promising opportunity to enjoy a smoke.   Did you enjoy a nice smoke yet?
I smoked a Tat Black CG yesterday, around noon, when all the Football and Hockey was starting up.  Best day for sports all year!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 08:21:53 AM
Good mornin beauties!
Morning and Happy New Year CG.
Happy New Year to you too Tex! What was/is the first smoke of 2015 going to be?
No idea as weather is horrible here so far this year with tomorrow offering the first promising opportunity to enjoy a smoke.   Did you enjoy a nice smoke yet?
I smoked a Tat Black CG yesterday, around noon, when all the Football and Hockey was starting up.  Best day for sports all year!
Unless you are an SEC fan  :'(
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 08:26:36 AM
Good mornin beauties!
Morning and Happy New Year CG.
Happy New Year to you too Tex! What was/is the first smoke of 2015 going to be?
No idea as weather is horrible here so far this year with tomorrow offering the first promising opportunity to enjoy a smoke.   Did you enjoy a nice smoke yet?
I smoked a Tat Black CG yesterday, around noon, when all the Football and Hockey was starting up.  Best day for sports all year!
Unless you are an SEC fan  :'(
Mizzou won! I am a B1G guy at heart, they get shit on a lot, but it was nice to see them finally redeem themselves a little bit.  As long as Oregon won I was fine, and I wanted Oregon to play Bama - that to me would have been the best game by far.  The PAC12 doesn't get any respect, but we don't need a conference debate on this beautiful Friday ;)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 08:29:56 AM
Hate Your Job?
-------------------------

[...]

Worked there for 25 years.... nope.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 08:31:59 AM
It sure feels like a Tuesday.  Good morning, guys.
Morning Tony, Jeez not Tuesday already  but guess that is better than Monday.
Unless you're Dean.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 08:32:29 AM
Good mornin beauties!
Hiya Shaun.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 08:33:09 AM
Good mornin beauties!
Morning and Happy New Year CG.
Happy New Year to you too Tex! What was/is the first smoke of 2015 going to be?
No idea as weather is horrible here so far this year with tomorrow offering the first promising opportunity to enjoy a smoke.   Did you enjoy a nice smoke yet?
I smoked a Tat Black CG yesterday, around noon, when all the Football and Hockey was starting up.  Best day for sports all year!
Unless you are an SEC fan  :'(
Mizzou won! I am a B1G guy at heart, they get shit on a lot, but it was nice to see them finally redeem themselves a little bit.  As long as Oregon won I was fine, and I wanted Oregon to play Bama - that to me would have been the best game by far.  The PAC12 doesn't get any respect, but we don't need a conference debate on this beautiful Friday ;)
Well, as an ACC guy, I'm used to lack of respect.  Good to see the SEC got a little bit of humbling this year.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 08:34:55 AM
[...]
I've always been more of a PB&J guy.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 08:37:20 AM
Happy to see FSU and Shameless Jameis spanked yesterday.  Alabama -OSU was a great game to watch after the whooping.  I agree that I would have liked to see Alabama-Oregon, also glad they got beat.  Think the stars have aligned for the Ducks this year.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 08:38:55 AM
[...]
I thought you had gone strictly with salad tossing...
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 08:40:15 AM
Good mornin beauties!
Hiya Shaun.
Good mornin Tony and NJDave!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 08:41:06 AM
[...]
Happy New Year Dave.  Agreed, nice to see some close parity between the conferences
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 08:41:18 AM
good morning guys. 57 degrees and talking high 70's today. my schedule is clear. may stop at the PO to mail my old phone back, if I feel like doing anything. CORE toro and coffee going here.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 08:41:43 AM
Happy to see FSU and Shameless Jameis spanked yesterday.  Alabama -OSU was a great game to watch after the whooping.  I agree that I would have liked to see Alabama-Oregon, also glad they got beat.  Think the stars have aligned for the Ducks this year.
Been a long time coming to Oregon, always the princess, never the bride - QUACK QUACK!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 08:42:07 AM
good morning guys. 57 degrees and talking high 70's today. my schedule is clear. may stop at the PO to mail my old phone back, if I feel like doing anything. CORE toro and coffee going here.
Mornin Dean!!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 08:45:38 AM
Good mornin beauties!
Morning and Happy New Year CG.
Happy New Year to you too Tex! What was/is the first smoke of 2015 going to be?
No idea as weather is horrible here so far this year with tomorrow offering the first promising opportunity to enjoy a smoke.   Did you enjoy a nice smoke yet?
I smoked a Tat Black CG yesterday, around noon, when all the Football and Hockey was starting up.  Best day for sports all year!
Unless you are an SEC fan  :'(
Mizzou won! I am a B1G guy at heart, they get shit on a lot, but it was nice to see them finally redeem themselves a little bit.  As long as Oregon won I was fine, and I wanted Oregon to play Bama - that to me would have been the best game by far.  The PAC12 doesn't get any respect, but we don't need a conference debate on this beautiful Friday ;)
Ducks are fun to watch I will say that for sure.  No conference debates but I don't even think of MO as an SEC component, little league program.  No redemption in that match-up.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 08:46:41 AM
good morning guys. 57 degrees and talking high 70's today. my schedule is clear. may stop at the PO to mail my old phone back, if I feel like doing anything. CORE toro and coffee going here.
Morning Dean.  Your schedule is clear - wow that is an accomplishment. ::)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 08:48:38 AM
Happy to see FSU and Shameless Jameis spanked yesterday.  Alabama -OSU was a great game to watch after the whooping.  I agree that I would have liked to see Alabama-Oregon, also glad they got beat.  Think the stars have aligned for the Ducks this year.
Been a long time coming to Oregon, always the princess, never the bride - QUACK QUACK!
I will be all in and Quacking for Oregon in the championship.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 08:50:20 AM
[...]
But they beat the Gophers ;)  Really like watching Mariota - hope he likes Tampa Bay!   :D
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 08:58:30 AM
[...]
Maybe Tampa Bay prefers crab legs. Get ready, Winston!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 08:59:05 AM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Redneck Rick is hung over like a motherfucker and ready to go postal on the park management. the camper he was supposedly offered (as was I and two other people in the park), was sold outright to a guy outside the park. said camper was moved behind my site and is ready to be leveled. rumor has it that the guy paid cash of a dollar value twice what it was offered to Redneck Rick. the new 'happy camper' will now become a permanent resident. Redneck Rick just made the statement that if he had a truck he would leave the park, that living under a bridge would be better.

the park is slowly filling up with about 30 campers here now and 7 more coming in this weekend.

just so you guys all know. it does absolutely no good getting close to the landlady or oogling her big tits. she has left the decision making has been left to the park managers.
;)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 09:01:08 AM
[...]
HAHAHA!  Good thing about Winston going to FL, he is already familiar with their laws, including rape, so he should have some 'street knowledge' when he gets there.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 09:03:41 AM
[...]
That'll give him a leg up, for sure!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 09:04:00 AM
[...]

Oogling nice tits is its own reward.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 09:07:02 AM
[...]

+1
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 09:12:12 AM
[...]

It's nice she separates business from pleasure - now you won't have to feel discrimination from other Park Residents, thinking you are receiving a discounted rent amount, when you are banging the shit out of her!  ;)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 09:21:16 AM
[...]

LMAO -,if he is smart enough to remember them, oh  yeah but they don't apply to him
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 09:42:59 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 09:43:49 AM
[...]

And even if they did, he'll have Goodell to cover for him next year.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 09:46:25 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
fishing or catching? I'm told there's a difference.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 09:46:53 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
I was hoping for a slow day too.  Oh well.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 09:49:58 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
fishing or catching? I'm told there's a difference.
Fishing - activity to get away from society while trying to catch fish
Catching - getting away from society and catching fish
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 09:54:17 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
fishing or catching? I'm told there's a difference.
Fishing - activity to get away from society while trying to catch fish
Catching - getting away from society and catching fish
Do you eat what you catch?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 09:58:33 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
fishing or catching? I'm told there's a difference.
Fishing - activity to get away from society while trying to catch fish
Catching - getting away from society and catching fish
Do you eat what you catch?
Depends on what we catch: walleye(we keep and eat), northern pike(don't keep), bass(usually don't keep, but might if we already have walleyes we are keeping), and sunfish/bluegill/panfish(don't keep)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 09:59:14 AM
(https://vine.co/v/OwLp2YJqXeJ)
https://vine.co/v/OwLp2YJqXeJ (https://vine.co/v/OwLp2YJqXeJ)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 10:07:34 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 10:18:59 AM
well my plans changed, just got invited out for lunch at a Cuban restaurant in Dunnellon.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 10:19:38 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
Mmmm, oysters on ice.  I prefer clams but I'll eat the shit out of oysters too.  Can you tell I'm hungry this morning?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 10:19:57 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 10:22:03 AM
well my plans changed, just got invited out for lunch at a Cuban restaurant in Dunnellon.
I suggest the Ropa Vieja with arroz moro and tostones.  If you're really hungry, grab a papa rellena too.  And you'll have to drink an Iron Beer (non alcoholic) with that.  Happy new year, Deano!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 10:22:44 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 10:25:53 AM
well my plans changed, just got invited out for lunch at a Cuban restaurant in Dunnellon.
I suggest the Ropa Vieja with arroz moro and tostones.  If you're really hungry, grab a papa rellena too.  And you'll have to drink an Iron Beer (non alcoholic) with that.  Happy new year, Deano!
good morning Tony and thanks for the advise. I'll pass on the non-alcoholic beer though, kind of like going to a whore house to listen to the piano player, makes no sense.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 10:28:52 AM
well my plans changed, just got invited out for lunch at a Cuban restaurant in Dunnellon.
I suggest the Ropa Vieja with arroz moro and tostones.  If you're really hungry, grab a papa rellena too.  And you'll have to drink an Iron Beer (non alcoholic) with that.  Happy new year, Deano!
good morning Tony and thanks for the advise. I'll pass on the non-alcoholic beer though, kind of like going to a whore house to listen to the piano player, makes no sense.
It's nothing at all like beer.  It's more like a cream soda.  It's just called that.  However, my second choice would be Jupiña, which is a pineapple soda.  I'm not really a soda guy but it just sorta goes with the Cuban food.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 10:29:08 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
fishing or catching? I'm told there's a difference.
Fishing - activity to get away from society while trying to catch fish
Catching - getting away from society and catching fish
:)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 10:29:13 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
I dont, but I wish I could.  Too tight of an area without any ventilation.

We are in something like this:
(http://www.setthehook.com/icefishing/clam2012/bigfootL2000inside.jpg)
(http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/1/173289_ts.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 10:30:07 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
LOL +1
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 10:32:18 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
I dont, but I wish I could.  Too tight of an area without any ventilation.

We are in something like this:
What?  I see windows.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 10:33:51 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
I dont, but I wish I could.  Too tight of an area without any ventilation.

We are in something like this:
(http://www.setthehook.com/icefishing/clam2012/bigfootL2000inside.jpg)
(http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/1/173289_ts.jpg)
Guess you can't fart either so you freeze your ass off, can't smoke, don't eat most of what you catch if you do catch anything and can't fart.  Sounds great!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 10:37:41 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
I dont, but I wish I could.  Too tight of an area without any ventilation.

We are in something like this:
Guess you can't fart either so you freeze your ass off, can't smoke, don't eat most of what you catch if you do catch anything and can't fart.  Sounds great!
I wouldn't advise farting because you're wearing so many clothes it's just gonna sneak up  the front of you and land in your mouth.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 10:41:48 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
I dont, but I wish I could.  Too tight of an area without any ventilation.

We are in something like this:
(http://www.setthehook.com/icefishing/clam2012/bigfootL2000inside.jpg)
(http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/1/173289_ts.jpg)
Watched Grumpy Old Men movie and their hut looked nothing like that.  Tim the Tool man and Al had a much nicer facility too, you boys need to step it up. ;D
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 10:44:05 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
I dont, but I wish I could.  Too tight of an area without any ventilation.

We are in something like this:
What?  I see windows.
It's clear plastic with the tarp down, to block the light.  Amazing how bright the sun is with all that white around it.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 10:50:38 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
I dont, but I wish I could.  Too tight of an area without any ventilation.

We are in something like this:
(http://www.setthehook.com/icefishing/clam2012/bigfootL2000inside.jpg)
(http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/1/173289_ts.jpg)
Guess you can't fart either so you freeze your ass off, can't smoke, don't eat most of what you catch if you do catch anything and can't fart.  Sounds great!
It's probably 65deg in there with a heater, we use the Mr. Buddys.  Farting is all good, it doesn't leave your insulated bibs - so usually you just choke yourself out as it creeps up.  We probably catch 1/3 walleye/pike/pan, so it's not too bad.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 10:51:45 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
I dont, but I wish I could.  Too tight of an area without any ventilation.

We are in something like this:
(http://www.setthehook.com/icefishing/clam2012/bigfootL2000inside.jpg)
(http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/1/173289_ts.jpg)
Watched Grumpy Old Men movie and their hut looked nothing like that.  Tim the Tool man and Al had a much nicer facility too, you boys need to step it up. ;D
These popups are around $150-450 based on occupancy, 2-8ppl.  The trailers are $15-25k...slight price difference ;)  They are nice though - beds, tv, etc
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 11:00:01 AM
Hoping for a slow day at work today - possibly ice fishing tomorrow!
Closest I'll ever get to ice fishing is having my shrimp and oysters served on ice.
It's a pretty good time - usually turns into a beer drinking contest for who catches the most/fewest fish
Can you smoke while fishing?
I dont, but I wish I could.  Too tight of an area without any ventilation.

We are in something like this:
(http://www.setthehook.com/icefishing/clam2012/bigfootL2000inside.jpg)
(http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/1/173289_ts.jpg)
Watched Grumpy Old Men movie and their hut looked nothing like that.  Tim the Tool man and Al had a much nicer facility too, you boys need to step it up. ;D
These popups are around $150-450 based on occupancy, 2-8ppl.  The trailers are $15-25k...slight price difference ;)  They are nice though - beds, tv, etc
Yeah hard to justify $15-25k to fish a couple of days a year.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 11:00:25 AM
It's probably 65deg in there with a heater, we use the Mr. Buddys.  Farting is all good, it doesn't leave your insulated bibs - so usually you just choke yourself out as it creeps up.  We probably catch 1/3 walleye/pike/pan, so it's not too bad.
That's what I said three posts ago.  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 11:03:17 AM
[...]

That's exactly it.  It's a 3mo season, at best - but they do double as a nice camper for road trips...
(http://www.nilsondirect.com/fishhouses/images/front-int.jpg)
http://icecastlefh.com/ (http://icecastlefh.com/)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 11:15:56 AM
[...]

Wonder if dogdays sells those.  Wonder how he is.  I think you offended him, Shaun.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 11:24:13 AM
[...]

Isn't offending people your thing?  Did I honestly offend him?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 11:27:23 AM
Isn't offending people your thing?  Did I honestly offend him?
I was just trying to start shit.  No offense.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 11:28:41 AM
Isn't offending people your thing?  Did I honestly offend him?
I was just trying to start shit.  No offense.
Prick! ;)  Good news, only an hour until lunch.  Going to get the propane tanks refilled and probably eating some shitty fast food - zero fucks given!   :D
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 11:30:05 AM
[...]

Antnee is a rank amateur.... some of us can do it by our mere presence.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 11:33:55 AM
Antnee is a rank amateur.... some of us can do it by our mere presence.
Are you saying that I smell?  I showered this morning.  Honest.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 11:34:43 AM
Isn't offending people your thing?  Did I honestly offend him?
I was just trying to start shit.  No offense.
Prick! ;)  Good news, only an hour until lunch.  Going to get the propane tanks refilled and probably eating some shitty fast food - zero fucks given!   :D
I'm off my diet today.  I may go with a cheesesteak sammich.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 11:50:34 AM
Good morning to all of you offensive people... :)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 11:52:10 AM
Good morning to all of you offensive people... :)
DAD!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 12:02:52 PM
My wife asked me if I wanted some razor blades, and I said, "sure, pick me up a pack of Mach 3."  She came home this morning and said, "I didn't buy them, because a 3 pack was $13.00..!"  Years ago I used to use a cheap razor called Wilkerson Blades that I liked allot, so now I'm wondering if there's a good cheap alternative to Gillette or Shick razors...?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on January 02, 2015, 12:03:53 PM
Good morning to all of you offensive people... :)
I'm offended.  Wazzup BD?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 12:04:05 PM
Good morning to all of you offensive people... :)
DAD!
Good morning Shaun...!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 12:05:53 PM
Good morning to all of you offensive people... :)
I'm offended.  Wazzup BD.
Hello Mike...  I'm just having a late bowl of Tony Tiger, and trying to build my strength up for babysitting tonight..
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 12:08:27 PM
My wife asked me if I wanted some razor blades, and I said, "sure, pick me up a pack of Mach 3."  She came home this morning and said, "I didn't buy them, because a 3 pack was $13.00..!"  Years ago I used to use a cheap razor called Wilkerson Blades that I liked allot, so now I'm wondering if there's a good cheap alternative to Gillette or Shick razors...?
Yea, it's called a beard.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: ss2 on January 02, 2015, 12:09:32 PM
My wife asked me if I wanted some razor blades, and I said, "sure, pick me up a pack of Mach 3."  She came home this morning and said, "I didn't buy them, because a 3 pack was $13.00..!"  Years ago I used to use a cheap razor called Wilkerson Blades that I liked allot, so now I'm wondering if there's a good cheap alternative to Gillette or Shick razors...?
years ago we usd to buy just the blades.  1 single blade (had 2 edges 1 for either side of the razor) and they were inexpensive.  you had to be sure you removed the old blade when you changed them or you might experience the old "bacon slicer" effect on your face, but they were cheap and you bought 1 razor.  no wonder they're $13 for 3, they must have 5 or 6 blades in them plus soap or something to keep it from "irritating" your face....
Happy New Years all!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 12:11:29 PM
My wife asked me if I wanted some razor blades, and I said, "sure, pick me up a pack of Mach 3."  She came home this morning and said, "I didn't buy them, because a 3 pack was $13.00..!"  Years ago I used to use a cheap razor called Wilkerson Blades that I liked allot, so now I'm wondering if there's a good cheap alternative to Gillette or Shick razors...?
Yea, it's called a beard.
Or you could always get a straight edge.   $250 bucks plus..... http://www.classicshaving.com/razors/straight-razors.html  Heck they even have dedicated shops at the mall.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 12:11:35 PM
My wife asked me if I wanted some razor blades, and I said, "sure, pick me up a pack of Mach 3."  She came home this morning and said, "I didn't buy them, because a 3 pack was $13.00..!"  Years ago I used to use a cheap razor called Wilkerson Blades that I liked allot, so now I'm wondering if there's a good cheap alternative to Gillette or Shick razors...?
years ago we usd to buy just the blades.  1 single blade (had 2 edges 1 for either side of the razor) and they were inexpensive.  you had to be sure you removed the old blade when you changed them or you might experience the old "bacon slicer" effect on your face, but they were cheap and you bought 1 razor.  no wonder they're $13 for 3, they must have 5 or 6 blades in them plus soap or something to keep it from "irritating" your face....
Happy New Years all!
Those bastards are so spendy - hate that. Join that Dollar Shave Club thingy they have!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 12:12:12 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 12:12:27 PM
My wife asked me if I wanted some razor blades, and I said, "sure, pick me up a pack of Mach 3."  She came home this morning and said, "I didn't buy them, because a 3 pack was $13.00..!"  Years ago I used to use a cheap razor called Wilkerson Blades that I liked allot, so now I'm wondering if there's a good cheap alternative to Gillette or Shick razors...?
Yea, it's called a beard.
The last time I grew a beard was to see if there was any gray in it.  It turned out that I looked like Santa Clause...  I even thought about going to Santa College.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 12:12:32 PM
Happy New Year Sam!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 12:13:53 PM
My wife asked me if I wanted some razor blades, and I said, "sure, pick me up a pack of Mach 3."  She came home this morning and said, "I didn't buy them, because a 3 pack was $13.00..!"  Years ago I used to use a cheap razor called Wilkerson Blades that I liked allot, so now I'm wondering if there's a good cheap alternative to Gillette or Shick razors...?
Yea, it's called a beard.
The last time I grew a beard was to see if there was any gray in it.  It turned out that I looked like Santa Clause...  I even thought about going to Santa College.
Not a bad idea.....get a few extra bucks around the holidays, do an office party or two and you never know who you'll get to sit on your lap....
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 12:18:50 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
Those are the way to go - I am tempted to get one of them and the whole setup...foam, fancy brush, after shave, etc :)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 12:21:17 PM
My wife asked me if I wanted some razor blades, and I said, "sure, pick me up a pack of Mach 3."  She came home this morning and said, "I didn't buy them, because a 3 pack was $13.00..!"  Years ago I used to use a cheap razor called Wilkerson Blades that I liked allot, so now I'm wondering if there's a good cheap alternative to Gillette or Shick razors...?
Yea, it's called a beard.
Or you could always get a straight edge.   $250 bucks plus..... http://www.classicshaving.com/razors/straight-razors.html  Heck they even have dedicated shops at the mall.
Those darn straight razors are scary looking.  I've often thought about it, but I doubt that I'd get one.  I do believe I have my fathers old straight razor, but I'm not sure I could work the nerve up to use it.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 12:23:17 PM
[...]
I keep seeing that Pawn Star guy selling cheep razors on TV.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 12:25:01 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I'm looking into stuff like that. Thanks.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on January 02, 2015, 12:26:05 PM
Good morning to all of you offensive people... :)
I'm offended.  Wazzup BD.
Hello Mike...  I'm just having a late bowl of Tony Tiger, and trying to build my strength up for babysitting tonight..
When son Tim was a little boy, he liked his "bode of Tony's".  Need your strength to keep up with those young'uns.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on January 02, 2015, 12:27:36 PM
[...]
Grow a beard.  Just sayin'...
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 12:28:24 PM
My wife asked me if I wanted some razor blades, and I said, "sure, pick me up a pack of Mach 3."  She came home this morning and said, "I didn't buy them, because a 3 pack was $13.00..!"  Years ago I used to use a cheap razor called Wilkerson Blades that I liked allot, so now I'm wondering if there's a good cheap alternative to Gillette or Shick razors...?
Yea, it's called a beard.
The last time I grew a beard was to see if there was any gray in it.  It turned out that I looked like Santa Clause...  I even thought about going to Santa College.
Not a bad idea.....get a few extra bucks around the holidays, do an office party or two and you never know who you'll get to sit on your lap....
Hey, now your starting to think a little like me..  Do a little ho, ho, ho'ing..!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 12:32:40 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
Those are the way to go - I am tempted to get one of them and the whole setup...foam, fancy brush, after shave, etc :)
I've got the shaving mug and the brush. It really does make you like 30% more manly.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 12:37:51 PM
For the record, BD, this is the set-up I just got. Had to replace the one I got in 2013 cause the handle was plastic and broke. This one is metal, so should last a blong time.  http://alturl.com/jwaq6
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 12:38:48 PM
For the record, BD, this is the set-up I just got. Had to replace the one I got in 2013 cause the handle was plastic and broke. This one is metal, so should last a blong time.  http://alturl.com/jwaq6
Though, to be fair, I haven't used it yet, so I can't speak to how well it works. But it's a sharp blade on a stick, it should be fine.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 02, 2015, 12:38:59 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
Those are the way to go - I am tempted to get one of them and the whole setup...foam, fancy brush, after shave, etc :)
I've got the shaving mug and the brush. It really does make you like 30% more manly.
And you need all the help you can get?  (Sorry, thought it was Tuesday).
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 02, 2015, 12:40:33 PM
Morning/afternoon men.  JD Howard and coffee.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 12:41:11 PM
Good morning to all of you offensive people... :)
I'm offended.  Wazzup BD.
Hello Mike...  I'm just having a late bowl of Tony Tiger, and trying to build my strength up for babysitting tonight..
When son Tim was a little boy, he liked his "bode of Tony's".  Need your strength to keep up with those young'uns.
I ate a bowl of Tony Tiger, and I'm still just as hungry as I was before I ate it.  I guess that's why Jethro Bodine used to use a big mixing bowl and a whole box of cereal when he ate it.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 02, 2015, 12:41:26 PM
For the record, BD, this is the set-up I just got. Had to replace the one I got in 2013 cause the handle was plastic and broke. This one is metal, so should last a blong time.  http://alturl.com/jwaq6
Though, to be fair, I haven't used it yet, so I can't speak to how well it works. But it's a sharp blade on a stick, it should be fine.
As long as it doesn't say Gurkha on it you should be OK.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 02, 2015, 12:42:56 PM
For the record, BD, this is the set-up I just got. Had to replace the one I got in 2013 cause the handle was plastic and broke. This one is metal, so should last a blong time.  http://alturl.com/jwaq6
That does look cool, but I'm way to bleary eyed in the morning to get away with using that thing.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 12:43:02 PM
For the record, BD, this is the set-up I just got. Had to replace the one I got in 2013 cause the handle was plastic and broke. This one is metal, so should last a blong time.  http://alturl.com/jwaq6
That thing looks scary, my luck would be to sneeze the first time I used it and sliced my own throat.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 12:43:15 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
Those are the way to go - I am tempted to get one of them and the whole setup...foam, fancy brush, after shave, etc :)
I've got the shaving mug and the brush. It really does make you like 30% more manly.
I guess you would never have to clean the brush since it's always in soap anyway.  Now that's a time saver..!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on January 02, 2015, 12:43:25 PM
For the record, BD, this is the set-up I just got. Had to replace the one I got in 2013 cause the handle was plastic and broke. This one is metal, so should last a blong time.  http://alturl.com/jwaq6
That does look cool, but I'm way to bleary eyed in the morning to get away with using that thing.
+1
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 12:59:44 PM
For the record, BD, this is the set-up I just got. Had to replace the one I got in 2013 cause the handle was plastic and broke. This one is metal, so should last a blong time.  http://alturl.com/jwaq6
That thing looks scary, my luck would be to sneeze the first time I used it and sliced my own throat.
I'm going to have to agree with Chip in this one.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 01:03:39 PM
For the record, BD, this is the set-up I just got. Had to replace the one I got in 2013 cause the handle was plastic and broke. This one is metal, so should last a blong time.  http://alturl.com/jwaq6
Though, to be fair, I haven't used it yet, so I can't speak to how well it works. But it's a sharp blade on a stick, it should be fine.
As long as it doesn't say Gurkha on it you should be OK.
I think I must've accidentally kicked Mark's dog today. Sheesh! ;)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 01:05:31 PM
My wife asked me if I wanted some razor blades, and I said, "sure, pick me up a pack of Mach 3."  She came home this morning and said, "I didn't buy them, because a 3 pack was $13.00..!"  Years ago I used to use a cheap razor called Wilkerson Blades that I liked allot, so now I'm wondering if there's a good cheap alternative to Gillette or Shick razors...?
http://www.dorcousa.com/sxa5000-6-blade-with-trimmer-system-for-men/  - Same razor and blades you get at dollarshaveclub but much cheaper.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 01:08:40 PM
I thought I'd treat the kids and pick them up some Kid Cuisine frozen dinners tonight, until I typed in Kid Cuisine Review, and found this.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W5_f3bMDvQ
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 01:18:36 PM
My wife asked me if I wanted some razor blades, and I said, "sure, pick me up a pack of Mach 3."  She came home this morning and said, "I didn't buy them, because a 3 pack was $13.00..!"  Years ago I used to use a cheap razor called Wilkerson Blades that I liked allot, so now I'm wondering if there's a good cheap alternative to Gillette or Shick razors...?
http://www.dorcousa.com/sxa5000-6-blade-with-trimmer-system-for-men/  - Same razor and blades you get at dollarshaveclub but much cheaper.
That looks pretty nice.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 01:21:29 PM
Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Just woke up.  Lurking again now. ;-)  Morning, muchachos.  Think I'll venture out today for the first time since this round of surgery.  The sutures aren't stinging and I'm back to the shoulder hurting more than the leg.  Thinking I'll attend the weekly herf with the Consortium, which I get to do so rarely anymore.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 01:24:19 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 01:24:20 PM
Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Just woke up.  Lurking again now. ;-)  Morning, muchachos.  Think I'll venture out today for the first time since this round of surgery.  The sutures aren't stinging and I'm back to the shoulder hurting more than the leg.  Thinking I'll attend the weekly herf with the Consortium, which I get to do so rarely anymore.
Sounds good. Keep those pain meds handy.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 01:27:05 PM
Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Just woke up.  Lurking again now. ;-)  Morning, muchachos.  Think I'll venture out today for the first time since this round of surgery.  The sutures aren't stinging and I'm back to the shoulder hurting more than the leg.  Thinking I'll attend the weekly herf with the Consortium, which I get to do so rarely anymore.
Sounds good. Keep those pain meds handy.
Yup.  Just in case I find some folks who want to buy the extras - so I can buy more cigars.   ;D
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 01:28:06 PM
Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Just woke up.  Lurking again now. ;-)  Morning, muchachos.  Think I'll venture out today for the first time since this round of surgery.  The sutures aren't stinging and I'm back to the shoulder hurting more than the leg.  Thinking I'll attend the weekly herf with the Consortium, which I get to do so rarely anymore.
Now that sounds like a nice way to get out of the house... :)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 01:28:32 PM
Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Just woke up.  Lurking again now. ;-)  Morning, muchachos.  Think I'll venture out today for the first time since this round of surgery.  The sutures aren't stinging and I'm back to the shoulder hurting more than the leg.  Thinking I'll attend the weekly herf with the Consortium, which I get to do so rarely anymore.
Sounds good. Keep those pain meds handy.
Yup.  Just in case I find some folks who want to buy the extras - so I can buy more cigars.   ;D
Win/win.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 01:32:19 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.
Do you use a double edged safety razor...?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 02, 2015, 01:33:16 PM
Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Just woke up.  Lurking again now. ;-)  Morning, muchachos.  Think I'll venture out today for the first time since this round of surgery.  The sutures aren't stinging and I'm back to the shoulder hurting more than the leg.  Thinking I'll attend the weekly herf with the Consortium, which I get to do so rarely anymore.
Glad to hear you're on the mend.  This Consortium of which you speak sounds muy importante.  ;)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on January 02, 2015, 01:34:31 PM
For the record, BD, this is the set-up I just got. Had to replace the one I got in 2013 cause the handle was plastic and broke. This one is metal, so should last a blong time.  http://alturl.com/jwaq6
Though, to be fair, I haven't used it yet, so I can't speak to how well it works. But it's a sharp blade on a stick, it should be fine.
As long as it doesn't say Gurkha on it you should be OK.
I think I must've accidentally kicked Mark's dog today. Sheesh! ;)
Cutting remark.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 01:35:23 PM
Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Just woke up.  Lurking again now. ;-)  Morning, muchachos.  Think I'll venture out today for the first time since this round of surgery.  The sutures aren't stinging and I'm back to the shoulder hurting more than the leg.  Thinking I'll attend the weekly herf with the Consortium, which I get to do so rarely anymore.
Good to see ya Raz!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 01:37:00 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.
Do you use a double edged safety razor...?
Yeah, a Merkur.  And I like the Persona blades and Proraso soap.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 01:45:15 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.
Do you use a double edged safety razor...?
Yeah, a Merkur.  And I like the Persona blades and Proraso soap.
Thanks... I was just looking at the Merkur on Amazon.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 01:46:08 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.
Do you use a double edged safety razor...?
Yeah, a Merkur.  And I like the Persona blades and Proraso soap.
Thanks... I was just looking at the Merkur on Amazon.
Just added those items to my wish list so I don't forget about em - thanks Raz!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 01:55:59 PM
Morning LSU and Raz if you are still lurking.  Happy First Friday 2015
Just woke up.  Lurking again now. ;-)  Morning, muchachos.  Think I'll venture out today for the first time since this round of surgery.  The sutures aren't stinging and I'm back to the shoulder hurting more than the leg.  Thinking I'll attend the weekly herf with the Consortium, which I get to do so rarely anymore.
Glad to hear you're on the mend.  This Consortium of which you speak sounds muy importante.  ;)
About the same quality of company as hanging here, and no, I'm not being ironic.  ;-)  It's called the Spurgeon/Lewis Consortium, after C.H. Spurgeon and C.S. Lewis, and it was formed by my dad (the Reverend).  He describes it as a loose affiliation of local Pastors, Pilots and Theologues (I would fall into the latter category) who gather to smoke cigars, drink, and discuss great ideas.  Membership is by invitation.  The Consortium currently consists of 3 pastors, three retired airline pilots, a Microsoft mucky-up, a pretty highly-placed Boeing engineer, a heavy equipment distributor, and myself.  Guests are welcome by invitation of any member, provided they are intelligent, thick-skinned, smoke cigars and have a Y-chromosome.  There are no dues, save donations of liquor, wine, or port to the general welfare. Frequently, we drink what Pilot Dave brings - he makes fabulous wine and port, and also allegedly makes good alleged moonshine with his alleged still...allegedly.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 01:57:41 PM
[...]
Sounds like a good place to hang out.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 01:58:17 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.
Do you use a double edged safety razor...?
Yeah, a Merkur.  And I like the Persona blades and Proraso soap.
Thanks... I was just looking at the Merkur on Amazon.
Just added those items to my wish list so I don't forget about em - thanks Raz!
You afraid to cut your ovaries or something? Go with the straight razor!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 02:00:11 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.
Do you use a double edged safety razor...?
Yeah, a Merkur.  And I like the Persona blades and Proraso soap.
Hi Bret.  I'm a fan of the Proraso too.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 02:05:03 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.
Do you use a double edged safety razor...?
Yeah, a Merkur.  And I like the Persona blades and Proraso soap.
Thanks... I was just looking at the Merkur on Amazon.
Just added those items to my wish list so I don't forget about em - thanks Raz!
You afraid to cut your ovaries or something? Go with the straight razor!
I thought you said you haven't used it yet?  Ya gotta do more than just buy the straight razor.  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 02:06:53 PM
[...]
LMFAO!  You should bring the Consortium with you to CigarFest '15.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 02:09:25 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.
Do you use a double edged safety razor...?
Yeah, a Merkur.  And I like the Persona blades and Proraso soap.
Thanks... I was just looking at the Merkur on Amazon.
Just added those items to my wish list so I don't forget about em - thanks Raz!
You afraid to cut your ovaries or something? Go with the straight razor!
Yeah, yeah...he says as if it was as easy as popping down to 7-11 and getting a straight razor with your taco.  Maintaining a straight razor is an art, and requires a high-quality blade, a strop, the proper sharpening tools, and practice.  And God help you if you fuck up your razor.

The replaceable-blade razors eliminate the work, and are a viable shaving option, but let's face it - that's a safety razor with a funky handle.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 02:11:12 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.
Do you use a double edged safety razor...?
Yeah, a Merkur.  And I like the Persona blades and Proraso soap.
Thanks... I was just looking at the Merkur on Amazon.
Just added those items to my wish list so I don't forget about em - thanks Raz!
You afraid to cut your ovaries or something? Go with the straight razor!
LOL!!!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 02:14:31 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.
Do you use a double edged safety razor...?
Yeah, a Merkur.  And I like the Persona blades and Proraso soap.
Thanks... I was just looking at the Merkur on Amazon.
Just added those items to my wish list so I don't forget about em - thanks Raz!
You afraid to cut your ovaries or something? Go with the straight razor!
I thought you said you haven't used it yet?  Ya gotta do more than just buy the straight razor.  Sheesh.
I haven't used my new one yet. But I've been using one since 2013.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 02:15:47 PM
[...]

I don't know, my razor doesn't say 'safety' on it anywhere. ;)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 02:17:27 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 02:19:55 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.
Do you use a double edged safety razor...?
Yeah, a Merkur.  And I like the Persona blades and Proraso soap.
Hi Bret.  I'm a fan of the Proraso too.
It's great stuff.  Not heavily perfumed, not ridiculously spendy, and it takes care of my face without my having to become a metrosexual.

Your people know fast cars, food, suits, wine and shaving.  Vermouth...not so much. ;-)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 02:19:56 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Looks like a peep-show facility for the rest of the residents when you take the land-lady to 'pound town'!   :D
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 02:21:10 PM
well my plans changed, just got invited out for lunch at a Cuban restaurant in Dunnellon.
I suggest the Ropa Vieja with arroz moro and tostones.  If you're really hungry, grab a papa rellena too.  And you'll have to drink an Iron Beer (non alcoholic) with that.  Happy new year, Deano!
good morning Tony and thanks for the advise. I'll pass on the non-alcoholic beer though, kind of like going to a whore house to listen to the piano player, makes no sense.
It's nothing at all like beer.  It's more like a cream soda.  It's just called that.  However, my second choice would be Jupiña, which is a pineapple soda.  I'm not really a soda guy but it just sorta goes with the Cuban food.
had Frita Cubana (Cuban hamburger), beans and rice, and 2 Cuban coffees.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 02:21:11 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Looks like a peep-show facility for the rest of the residents when you take the land-lady to 'pound town'!   :D
In that case, a bargain at thrice the price!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 02:21:12 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.
Do you use a double edged safety razor...?
Yeah, a Merkur.  And I like the Persona blades and Proraso soap.
Thanks... I was just looking at the Merkur on Amazon.
Just added those items to my wish list so I don't forget about em - thanks Raz!
You afraid to cut your ovaries or something? Go with the straight razor!
I thought you said you haven't used it yet?  Ya gotta do more than just buy the straight razor.  Sheesh.
I haven't used my new one yet. But I've been using one since 2013.
Write clearer dammit!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 02:21:33 PM
Alright, that'll do it to it for me. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: ss2 on January 02, 2015, 02:21:54 PM
[...]

LOL, As well it shouldn't.  Just stropping those things is an art.  The changeable blade razors were the "safety" razors, much like Raz says, a duel straight razor with a funky handle.  You can still cut yourself pretty nicely with one.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: ss2 on January 02, 2015, 02:22:25 PM
Alright, that'll do it to it for me. Hazzuh!
Later Dave!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 02:23:13 PM
[...]
Hell, I can't afford to get myself to CF.  I keep trying to convince them they should go and take me along.  No success yet.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 02:24:04 PM
I use a straight razor. That with 100 replacement blades is $12 on Amazon. That'll last you awhile, and gives you a far superior shave.
I took up wet-shaving last February and haven't looked back.  I haven't made it all the way to using a straight razor yet, but I'll get there.  Yes, I spend a little longer shaving now, but I actually enjoy it.
Do you use a double edged safety razor...?
Yeah, a Merkur.  And I like the Persona blades and Proraso soap.
Hi Bret.  I'm a fan of the Proraso too.
It's great stuff.  Not heavily perfumed, not ridiculously spendy, and it takes care of my face without my having to become a metrosexual.

Your people know fast cars, food, suits, wine and shaving.  Vermouth...not so much. ;-)
I never even heard of Proraso until I went to Italy for my dad's funeral and that's what he had in the bathroom cabinet.  I liked it and then was surprised to find it at a local Duane Reade.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 02:24:34 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Fucking brilliant, Dean.  I sent the picture to Architecture Digest.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 02:25:00 PM
well my plans changed, just got invited out for lunch at a Cuban restaurant in Dunnellon.
I suggest the Ropa Vieja with arroz moro and tostones.  If you're really hungry, grab a papa rellena too.  And you'll have to drink an Iron Beer (non alcoholic) with that.  Happy new year, Deano!
good morning Tony and thanks for the advise. I'll pass on the non-alcoholic beer though, kind of like going to a whore house to listen to the piano player, makes no sense.
It's nothing at all like beer.  It's more like a cream soda.  It's just called that.  However, my second choice would be Jupiña, which is a pineapple soda.  I'm not really a soda guy but it just sorta goes with the Cuban food.
had Frita Cubana (Cuban hamburger), beans and rice, and 2 Cuban coffees.
That works too.   ;D
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 02:25:54 PM
Alright, that'll do it to it for me. Hazzuh!
See ya in the a.m. Dave.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 02, 2015, 02:25:55 PM
For the record, BD, this is the set-up I just got. Had to replace the one I got in 2013 cause the handle was plastic and broke. This one is metal, so should last a blong time.  http://alturl.com/jwaq6
How much clearer can I be?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 02:26:54 PM
Alright, that'll do it to it for me. Hazzuh!
Have a good night Dave!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 02:28:32 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Fucking brilliant, Dean.  I sent the picture to Architecture Digest.
next is to hire an interior decorator.

glad to hear you're on the mend there my friend.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 02:30:04 PM
For the record, BD, this is the set-up I just got. Had to replace the one I got in 2013 cause the handle was plastic and broke. This one is metal, so should last a blong time.  http://alturl.com/jwaq6
How much clearer can I be?
Like I said, I need to learn to read!   ;)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 02:30:13 PM
Alright, that'll do it to it for me. Hazzuh!
Have a good night Dave!
Hazzuh...?  Is that like cray, cray...?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 02:31:56 PM
Alright, that'll do it to it for me. Hazzuh!
Have a good night Dave!
Hazzuh...?  Is that like cray, cray...?
No.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 02:32:18 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Fucking brilliant, Dean.  I sent the picture to Architecture Digest.
next is to hire an interior decorator.

glad to hear you're on the mend there my friend.
Maybe some bean bag chairs, black light, and some Jimi Hendrix posters.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 02:35:25 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Fucking brilliant, Dean.  I sent the picture to Architecture Digest.
next is to hire an interior decorator.

glad to hear you're on the mend there my friend.
Maybe some bean bag chairs, black light, and some Jimi Hendrix posters.
pass. probably a small table, 2 more camp chairs, and a candle.
hey Dad.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 02:35:42 PM
Alright, that'll do it to it for me. Hazzuh!
Have a good night Dave!
Hazzuh...?  Is that like cray, cray...?
No.
(http://40.media.tumblr.com/c5802a79e0c02d84ef95f5b17b53076f/tumblr_n5xmc0oTg61qapkmyo1_500.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 02:36:01 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Fucking brilliant, Dean.  I sent the picture to Architecture Digest.
next is to hire an interior decorator.

glad to hear you're on the mend there my friend.
Thanks, amigo.  I really do feel like things are accelerating now.  Hoping to be on a cane in a couple of weeks.  Family and I are trying to come up with a creative way to destroy the crutches when the time comes.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 02:37:00 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Fucking brilliant, Dean.  I sent the picture to Architecture Digest.
next is to hire an interior decorator.

glad to hear you're on the mend there my friend.
Thanks, amigo.  I really do feel like things are accelerating now.  Hoping to be on a cane in a couple of weeks.  Family and I are trying to come up with a creative way to destroy the crutches when the time comes.
I needs to be symbolic - I will see if I can come up with anything good
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 02:38:04 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Get some plastic wrap and you got an ice fishing hut too. ;D
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 02:41:43 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Fucking brilliant, Dean.  I sent the picture to Architecture Digest.
next is to hire an interior decorator.

glad to hear you're on the mend there my friend.
Maybe some bean bag chairs, black light, and some Jimi Hendrix posters.
pass. probably a small table, 2 more camp chairs, and a candle.
hey Dad.
Howdy Dean.... I'd add a humidor, cooler, and maybe some electric.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 02:44:32 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Fucking brilliant, Dean.  I sent the picture to Architecture Digest.
next is to hire an interior decorator.

glad to hear you're on the mend there my friend.
Maybe some bean bag chairs, black light, and some Jimi Hendrix posters.
pass. probably a small table, 2 more camp chairs, and a candle.
hey Dad.
Howdy Dean.... I'd add a humidor, cooler, and maybe some electric.
Fire pit for those cool nights would be nice
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 02:45:45 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Fucking brilliant, Dean.  I sent the picture to Architecture Digest.
next is to hire an interior decorator.

glad to hear you're on the mend there my friend.
Thanks, amigo.  I really do feel like things are accelerating now.  Hoping to be on a cane in a couple of weeks.  Family and I are trying to come up with a creative way to destroy the crutches when the time comes.
take up whittling!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 02:46:45 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Get some plastic wrap and you got an ice fishing hut too. ;D
in Florida? not sure I'd be interested.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 02:49:40 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Fucking brilliant, Dean.  I sent the picture to Architecture Digest.
next is to hire an interior decorator.

glad to hear you're on the mend there my friend.
Maybe some bean bag chairs, black light, and some Jimi Hendrix posters.
pass. probably a small table, 2 more camp chairs, and a candle.
hey Dad.
Howdy Dean.... I'd add a humidor, cooler, and maybe some electric.
I like the humidor idea. I have a 20 count humidor I use for dry boxing I can leave in the screen tent, a cooler that would work as a table if I put it on a few concrete blocks, no to the electric, costs more money.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 02:51:19 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Fucking brilliant, Dean.  I sent the picture to Architecture Digest.
next is to hire an interior decorator.

glad to hear you're on the mend there my friend.
Maybe some bean bag chairs, black light, and some Jimi Hendrix posters.
pass. probably a small table, 2 more camp chairs, and a candle.
hey Dad.
Howdy Dean.... I'd add a humidor, cooler, and maybe some electric.
Fire pit for those cool nights would be nice
I have a Little Buddy propane heater, not very romantic. maybe get a 2 person hammock though.
:p
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: ss2 on January 02, 2015, 02:53:59 PM
[...]

How do you dry box in a state where the relative humidity is usually 50% greater than what's in the box?
just askin...  Hi Dean!  Happy New Year!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 02:54:02 PM
[...]

Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 03:01:16 PM
[...]

right now just a few Montecristos that don't draw worth a shit without a day or two in the dry box.
Happy New Year Sam.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 03:02:02 PM
[...]

cute.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 03:10:01 PM
[...]

Is that the CF '13 one?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 03:11:32 PM
Alright, that'll do it to it for me. Hazzuh!
Have a good night Dave!
Hazzuh...?  Is that like cray, cray...?
No.
(http://40.media.tumblr.com/c5802a79e0c02d84ef95f5b17b53076f/tumblr_n5xmc0oTg61qapkmyo1_500.jpg)
That's cool... If I would have only been raised in a church like that I wouldn't have turned out so cray, cray... :)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: ss2 on January 02, 2015, 03:15:52 PM
g'nite all!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 03:17:11 PM
[...]

no, I use that one for lesser quality sticks. I have an old one from a gift years ago that will work for holding a few morning and evening smokes when the bugs get bad.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 03:18:03 PM
g'nite all!
Geez, is it night already...?  Good night Sam.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 03:18:54 PM
g'nite all!
Geez, is it night already...?  Good night Sam.
Haha - see ya Sam!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: flip from jersey on January 02, 2015, 03:24:15 PM
g'nite all!
good night Sam, Hello everybody else!

Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 03:26:10 PM
g'nite all!
good night Sam, Hello everybody else!
Night SS and Afternoon Flip.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 03:27:06 PM
g'nite all!
good night Sam, Hello everybody else!
I'm going to go with, "Good Afternoon Flip.."
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 03:27:25 PM
Houston vs Pitt was a great game, Houston rallied from behind in 4th qtr won 35-34 with a 2 pt conversion.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 03:37:45 PM
Houston vs Pitt was a great game, Houston rallied from behind in 4th qtr won 35-34 with a 2 pt conversion.
US lost to Russia in World Junior hockey...COMMIES!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 02, 2015, 03:37:54 PM
[...]
Ha, nice!  Sounds like fun, allegedly or otherwise.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 03:41:45 PM
Afternoon Bean
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 03:59:31 PM
Man, not sure how much more of this I can take.  Pretty slow afternoon - weird for how busy the morning was.  Didn't go get propane over lunch so now I need to do that after work and get some ice fishing stuff.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 02, 2015, 04:02:07 PM
Afternoon Bean
Howdy Dave.  Pretty miserable outside, eh?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 04:03:33 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Fucking brilliant, Dean.  I sent the picture to Architecture Digest.
next is to hire an interior decorator.

glad to hear you're on the mend there my friend.
Thanks, amigo.  I really do feel like things are accelerating now.  Hoping to be on a cane in a couple of weeks.  Family and I are trying to come up with a creative way to destroy the crutches when the time comes.
take up whittling!
But these are aluminum crutches.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: flip from jersey on January 02, 2015, 04:06:00 PM
Man, not sure how much more of this I can take.  Pretty slow afternoon - weird for how busy the morning was.  Didn't go get propane over lunch so now I need to do that after work and get some ice fishing stuff.
going to pick out a cigar from the office stash, car is in the legions parking lot, so a cigar and some drinks should be part of the early evening, after I get off the train.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 04:06:36 PM
Afternoon Bean
Howdy Dave.  Pretty miserable outside, eh?
Nasty out!  Looks much better for tomorrow.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: flip from jersey on January 02, 2015, 04:07:29 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Fucking brilliant, Dean.  I sent the picture to Architecture Digest.
next is to hire an interior decorator.

glad to hear you're on the mend there my friend.
Thanks, amigo.  I really do feel like things are accelerating now.  Hoping to be on a cane in a couple of weeks.  Family and I are trying to come up with a creative way to destroy the crutches when the time comes.
take up whittling!
But these are aluminum crutches.
came across some small home,aluminum foundry pictures recently, just a suggestion.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: flip from jersey on January 02, 2015, 04:10:00 PM
Man, not sure how much more of this I can take.  Pretty slow afternoon - weird for how busy the morning was.  Didn't go get propane over lunch so now I need to do that after work and get some ice fishing stuff.
going to pick out a cigar from the office stash, car is in the legions parking lot, so a cigar and some drinks should be part of the early evening, after I get off the train.
choice made, Cain Daytona corona  :D
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 04:28:12 PM
Cattail Creek RV Park news:

Dean at site #57 starts and completes a screen room expansion project in record time with no building permits, environmental impact study, or Levy County site inspection.

the total cost of the expansion project entailed all of $40.
Fucking brilliant, Dean.  I sent the picture to Architecture Digest.
next is to hire an interior decorator.

glad to hear you're on the mend there my friend.
Thanks, amigo.  I really do feel like things are accelerating now.  Hoping to be on a cane in a couple of weeks.  Family and I are trying to come up with a creative way to destroy the crutches when the time comes.
take up whittling!
But these are aluminum crutches.
details details. sheesh.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on January 02, 2015, 04:32:27 PM
Man, not sure how much more of this I can take.  Pretty slow afternoon - weird for how busy the morning was.  Didn't go get propane over lunch so now I need to do that after work and get some ice fishing stuff.
going to pick out a cigar from the office stash, car is in the legions parking lot, so a cigar and some drinks should be part of the early evening, after I get off the train.
choice made, Cain Daytona corona  :D
Well, it's time for me to go and babysit.  I believe it will be until around 11-11:30pm.  Hopefully, it's not bath night.  After they take a bath, it's like they are super-energized, YIKES..!  Bye everyone.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 04:33:28 PM
working on a ham steak and scalloped potatoes for dinner. I figure on eating around 6pm so you guys have time to get here.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 02, 2015, 04:33:50 PM
Man, not sure how much more of this I can take.  Pretty slow afternoon - weird for how busy the morning was.  Didn't go get propane over lunch so now I need to do that after work and get some ice fishing stuff.
going to pick out a cigar from the office stash, car is in the legions parking lot, so a cigar and some drinks should be part of the early evening, after I get off the train.
choice made, Cain Daytona corona  :D
Well, it's time for me to go and babysit.  I believe it will be until around 11-11:30pm.  Hopefully, it's not bath night.  After they take a bath, it's like they are super-energized, YIKES..!  Bye everyone.
Enjoy the evening, BD.  They'll be taking driving lessons before you know it.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 04:33:55 PM
working on a ham steak and scalloped potatoes for dinner. I figure on eating around 6pm so you guys have time to get here.
Sounds good to me!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 04:34:13 PM
Man, not sure how much more of this I can take.  Pretty slow afternoon - weird for how busy the morning was.  Didn't go get propane over lunch so now I need to do that after work and get some ice fishing stuff.
going to pick out a cigar from the office stash, car is in the legions parking lot, so a cigar and some drinks should be part of the early evening, after I get off the train.
choice made, Cain Daytona corona  :D
Well, it's time for me to go and babysit.  I believe it will be until around 11-11:30pm.  Hopefully, it's not bath night.  After they take a bath, it's like they are super-energized, YIKES..!  Bye everyone.
later Dad.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 04:34:23 PM
Ok, off to run some errands...40deg here in Fargo, doesn't get much better than that in January!  Have a good night all!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 02, 2015, 04:34:43 PM
Man, not sure how much more of this I can take.  Pretty slow afternoon - weird for how busy the morning was.  Didn't go get propane over lunch so now I need to do that after work and get some ice fishing stuff.
going to pick out a cigar from the office stash, car is in the legions parking lot, so a cigar and some drinks should be part of the early evening, after I get off the train.
choice made, Cain Daytona corona  :D
Sounds like a good plan.  Later Flip.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 04:34:54 PM
working on a ham steak and scalloped potatoes for dinner. I figure on eating around 6pm so you guys have time to get here.
Sounds good to me!
Count me in!  Serving in the screen house?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 02, 2015, 04:35:37 PM
Ok, off to run some errands...40deg here in Fargo, doesn't get much better than that in January!  Have a good night all!
Dang, everyone whose anyone is bailing.  Enjoy that balmy weather, Shaun.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 04:35:38 PM
Ok, off to run some errands...40deg here in Fargo, doesn't get much better than that in January!  Have a good night all!
Later CG.  Going to drop 6 on us tomorrow?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: CigarGuy87 on January 02, 2015, 04:38:31 PM
Ok, off to run some errands...40deg here in Fargo, doesn't get much better than that in January!  Have a good night all!
Later CG.  Going to drop 6 on us tomorrow?
I'll drop a GFY right now and save everyone the trouble!   :D
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 04:38:47 PM
Ok, off to run some errands...40deg here in Fargo, doesn't get much better than that in January!  Have a good night all!
Dang, everyone whose anyone is bailing.  Enjoy that balmy weather, Shaun.
About time to get ready to go myself. My ride to the Consortium will be here in a few minutes. But I'll still be lurking on Tapatalk.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 04:43:14 PM
Ok, off to run some errands...40deg here in Fargo, doesn't get much better than that in January!  Have a good night all!
Dang, everyone whose anyone is bailing.  Enjoy that balmy weather, Shaun.
Thanks Yellowstar
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 04:43:39 PM
Ok, off to run some errands...40deg here in Fargo, doesn't get much better than that in January!  Have a good night all!
Dang, everyone whose anyone is bailing.  Enjoy that balmy weather, Shaun.
About time to get ready to go myself. My ride to the Consortium will be here in a few minutes. But I'll still be lurking on Tapatalk.
Enjoy the outing
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 04:43:54 PM
working on a ham steak and scalloped potatoes for dinner. I figure on eating around 6pm so you guys have time to get here.
Sounds good to me!
Count me in!  Serving in the screen house?
just sprayed a can of Yard Guard and treated the site with Barrier so we may not need to but can if we have to.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 04:48:08 PM
Ok, off to run some errands...40deg here in Fargo, doesn't get much better than that in January!  Have a good night all!
Later CG.  Going to drop 6 on us tomorrow?
76 degrees here with dense fog warnings for tonight. 78 degrees predicted for tomorrow, lows in the mid 60's. sorry guys.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 04:49:46 PM
Ok, off to run some errands...40deg here in Fargo, doesn't get much better than that in January!  Have a good night all!
Later CG.  Going to drop 6 on us tomorrow?
76 degrees here with dense fog warnings for tonight. 78 degrees predicted for tomorrow, lows in the mid 60's. sorry guys.
Yea, sure you are.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 04:50:49 PM
Ok, off to run some errands...40deg here in Fargo, doesn't get much better than that in January!  Have a good night all!
Later CG.  Going to drop 6 on us tomorrow?
76 degrees here with dense fog warnings for tonight. 78 degrees predicted for tomorrow, lows in the mid 60's. sorry guys.
That does it GFY!!!   It is 42 with heavy mist here.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 04:51:30 PM
Ok, off to run some errands...40deg here in Fargo, doesn't get much better than that in January!  Have a good night all!
Later CG.  Going to drop 6 on us tomorrow?
He's been cutting down to 4 lately.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 04:52:55 PM
Ok, off to run some errands...40deg here in Fargo, doesn't get much better than that in January!  Have a good night all!
Dang, everyone whose anyone is bailing.  Enjoy that balmy weather, Shaun.
Not everyone.... well, you're probably right.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 04:53:15 PM
You watching football Dave, the end is near and I hate to see it go away for 8 months.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 04:54:10 PM
Ok, off to run some errands...40deg here in Fargo, doesn't get much better than that in January!  Have a good night all!
Dang, everyone whose anyone is bailing.  Enjoy that balmy weather, Shaun.
Not everyone.... well, you're probably right.
How can a Yellowstars be right?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 04:58:19 PM
Man, not sure how much more of this I can take.  Pretty slow afternoon - weird for how busy the morning was.  Didn't go get propane over lunch so now I need to do that after work and get some ice fishing stuff.
going to pick out a cigar from the office stash, car is in the legions parking lot, so a cigar and some drinks should be part of the early evening, after I get off the train.
choice made, Cain Daytona corona  :D
The Mrs texted me that she had severe tonsillitis and 101.5 fever.  So I'm heading homeward with a 601 green corona.  Have a great evening, all.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 05:00:23 PM
Man, not sure how much more of this I can take.  Pretty slow afternoon - weird for how busy the morning was.  Didn't go get propane over lunch so now I need to do that after work and get some ice fishing stuff.
going to pick out a cigar from the office stash, car is in the legions parking lot, so a cigar and some drinks should be part of the early evening, after I get off the train.
choice made, Cain Daytona corona  :D
The Mrs texted me that she had severe tonsillitis and 101.5 fever.  So I'm heading homeward with a 601 green corona.  Have a great evening, all.
Guess you'll have to cook dinner then.....oh, wait.....never mind.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 05:00:38 PM
Man, not sure how much more of this I can take.  Pretty slow afternoon - weird for how busy the morning was.  Didn't go get propane over lunch so now I need to do that after work and get some ice fishing stuff.
going to pick out a cigar from the office stash, car is in the legions parking lot, so a cigar and some drinks should be part of the early evening, after I get off the train.
choice made, Cain Daytona corona  :D
The Mrs texted me that she had severe tonsillitis and 101.5 fever.  So I'm heading homeward with a 601 green corona.  Have a great evening, all.
Later Tony, enjoy that Green.  Hope the wife improves quickly!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 02, 2015, 05:00:55 PM
Man, not sure how much more of this I can take.  Pretty slow afternoon - weird for how busy the morning was.  Didn't go get propane over lunch so now I need to do that after work and get some ice fishing stuff.
going to pick out a cigar from the office stash, car is in the legions parking lot, so a cigar and some drinks should be part of the early evening, after I get off the train.
choice made, Cain Daytona corona  :D
The Mrs texted me that she had severe tonsillitis and 101.5 fever.  So I'm heading homeward with a 601 green corona.  Have a great evening, all.
Tell her what she needs is some of Dr. Antnee's white root tonic.  She may not feel better, but Dr. Antnee sure will.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 05:01:08 PM
Man, not sure how much more of this I can take.  Pretty slow afternoon - weird for how busy the morning was.  Didn't go get propane over lunch so now I need to do that after work and get some ice fishing stuff.
going to pick out a cigar from the office stash, car is in the legions parking lot, so a cigar and some drinks should be part of the early evening, after I get off the train.
choice made, Cain Daytona corona  :D
The Mrs texted me that she had severe tonsillitis and 101.5 fever.  So I'm heading homeward with a 601 green corona.  Have a great evening, all.
well, the good side is you won't have to hear her yapping at you all night. whining maybe. good luck Tony, hope she gets better soon.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 05:01:56 PM
You watching football Dave, the end is near and I hate to see it go away for 8 months.
Saw Pitt go belly up, good to see Tennessee looking good after a long drought.  But yes, withdrawal pangs are not far off.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 05:02:33 PM
Man, not sure how much more of this I can take.  Pretty slow afternoon - weird for how busy the morning was.  Didn't go get propane over lunch so now I need to do that after work and get some ice fishing stuff.
going to pick out a cigar from the office stash, car is in the legions parking lot, so a cigar and some drinks should be part of the early evening, after I get off the train.
choice made, Cain Daytona corona  :D
The Mrs texted me that she had severe tonsillitis and 101.5 fever.  So I'm heading homeward with a 601 green corona.  Have a great evening, all.
Tell her what she needs is some of Dr. Antnee's white root tonic.  She may not feel better, but Dr. Antnee sure will.
Take her temperature for her?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 05:06:35 PM
Man, not sure how much more of this I can take.  Pretty slow afternoon - weird for how busy the morning was.  Didn't go get propane over lunch so now I need to do that after work and get some ice fishing stuff.
going to pick out a cigar from the office stash, car is in the legions parking lot, so a cigar and some drinks should be part of the early evening, after I get off the train.
choice made, Cain Daytona corona  :D
The Mrs texted me that she had severe tonsillitis and 101.5 fever.  So I'm heading homeward with a 601 green corona.  Have a great evening, all.
Later Tony, enjoy that Green.  Hope the wife improves quickly!
She hasn't improved in 16 years, it's unlikely at this point.   :'(
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 05:07:31 PM
Man, not sure how much more of this I can take.  Pretty slow afternoon - weird for how busy the morning was.  Didn't go get propane over lunch so now I need to do that after work and get some ice fishing stuff.
going to pick out a cigar from the office stash, car is in the legions parking lot, so a cigar and some drinks should be part of the early evening, after I get off the train.
choice made, Cain Daytona corona  :D
The Mrs texted me that she had severe tonsillitis and 101.5 fever.  So I'm heading homeward with a 601 green corona.  Have a great evening, all.
Tell her what she needs is some of Dr. Antnee's white root tonic.  She may not feel better, but Dr. Antnee sure will.
LMFAO
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 05:25:07 PM
Griffin and Tatuaje Havana VI robustos lined up for after dinner with coffee. those that show for dinner, there's cigars enough to go around.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 05:32:37 PM
Torano exodus 1959 robusto going while everything cooks.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: dwgbryant on January 02, 2015, 05:36:02 PM
guess I'll step away from the computer myself.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 05:38:49 PM
guess I'll step away from the computer myself.
Enjoy your dinner!
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 02, 2015, 05:46:45 PM
Trying to call in a carry out at our favorite Asian place but f'n busy signal every time.  Guess Dean's the only one cooking tonight.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Threebean on January 02, 2015, 05:51:01 PM
I'll right, I'm outa here.  Adios, mofos, enjoy your evening.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 06:35:49 PM
Have a good weekend Bean.....and all remaining.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 06:44:45 PM
Trying to call in a carry out at our favorite Asian place but f'n busy signal every time.  Guess Dean's the only one cooking tonight.
Welcome to Austin
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 06:53:58 PM
Ellie May Clampett  (Donna Douglas)and Mario Cuomo both dead....sheesh
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 06:55:12 PM
Ellie May Clampett  (Donna Douglas)and Mario Cuomo both dead....sheesh
Was Mario sick?  Never mind, didn't realize he was 82.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 06:59:46 PM
Anyhoo, this is my stop.  By the way, the 601 greenie hit the spot, as expected.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 07:31:41 PM
Anyhoo, this is my stop.  By the way, the 601 greenie hit the spot, as expected.
Have a good evening.    Mario had heart problems and been going downhill.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 07:42:28 PM
Elly May Clampett was a Louisiana girl from down in Chip's part of the world.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 02, 2015, 08:28:51 PM
Elly May Clampett was a Louisiana girl from down in Chip's part of the world.
Didn't realize she was 82 too.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 08:31:01 PM
Smoking a Legado de Pepin that was a gift from one of our Texas guys...sorry, I forget which at the moment. I'm enjoying it. First one I've had. Strong, but not overly, and subtle but complex flavors. I'd call it a contemplative cigar. Very nice.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 02, 2015, 08:37:53 PM
Smoking a Legado de Pepin that was a gift from one of our Texas guys...sorry, I forget which at the moment. I'm enjoying it. First one I've had. Strong, but not overly, and subtle but complex flavors. I'd call it a contemplative cigar. Very nice.
Well it was not me so rule that one out.  They need some rest but mature into nice cigars.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 09:12:36 PM
Smoking a Legado de Pepin that was a gift from one of our Texas guys...sorry, I forget which at the moment. I'm enjoying it. First one I've had. Strong, but not overly, and subtle but complex flavors. I'd call it a contemplative cigar. Very nice.
Well it was not me so rule that one out.  They need some rest but mature into nice cigars.
This one had about six months or so in the humi. I'll have to get some more. It had the right balance for my taste. Strong enough without being overly rich or intrusive.  One of those cigars you put down, have a sip of what you're drinking, gab for a couple minutes, and when you come back to it you say, "Damn, this is a nice cigar."
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 09:16:33 PM
Front-Line tuckable holster arrived today.  Shown here with my 1943 Colt.

(http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/02/2d331259038f6aa89997d1dd17440731.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 09:49:31 PM
Elly May Clampett was a Louisiana girl from down in Chip's part of the world.
Indeed, was even a Miss Louisiana.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 10:36:21 PM
When did those folks get so old.... Beverly Hillbilly's wasn't on that long ago, was it?
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 10:37:19 PM
Getting more and more depressing each NYE when then go through the list of those who have passed in the year.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 02, 2015, 10:37:49 PM
And on to the next football game.
Title: Re: 1/2/2015
Post by: razgueado on January 02, 2015, 10:50:07 PM
When did those folks get so old.... Beverly Hillbilly's wasn't on that long ago, was it?
Well, it started before I was born, and I'll turn 50 in May.  So it's been a while.